JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: TheButcher "There you are eccles star!

It's been a while since the last crisis, your fingers must have nearly seized-up. Can always rely on you for forthright, hard to read, negativity without full stops.

Good God this is the last thing we need, there's more than enough malcontents from other teams infesting the board without those we all hoped had had the computer use privilege taken away from them by the staff at Meadowbrook.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

Quote: Slugger McBatt "
My best mate was involved at the Crusaders at a level enough to get the inside story. In his one year tenure, he took them from the play-offs to bottom place. My team, Wakefield, had to field kids and championship players because of administration, and we still finished above them, even though their team had remained unchanged.'"

While I am surprised that Harris has left Wigan,with their involvement in Wales - and while I respect your posts on a number of subjects - I think it difficult to judge anyone against the backdrop at Crusaders,and their owners,during that period.
They may have ended with the wooden spoon but they did start with a 4 points deficit.
As a young coach at the time he demonstrated his strength of character with his willingness to discipline - rlStoryrl

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Quote: Red-Devils-PAW "While I am surprised that Harris has left Wigan,with their involvement in Wales - and while I respect your posts on a number of subjects - I think it difficult to judge anyone against the backdrop at Crusaders,and their owners,during that period.
They may have ended with the wooden spoon but they did start with a 4 points deficit.
As a young coach at the time he demonstrated his strength of character with his willingness to discipline - rlStoryrl'"

Or you could say that seven players had that little respect for him as a coach they went out on the lash in the lead up to a game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: eccles star "Same old salford joke we wont ever win bloody anything th a ey never have a clue making joke calls like appointing harris what as he achived appart from finnishing bottom of league with crusaders'"

Good God he's back from the dead. Having been 6 ft under for 12 months he must have missed the departure of Simms & now Noble,

I dont suppose you have bought a ticket this year either Eccles have you?

If you are 'Eccles Star' then I would hate to see the supporting cast.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Quote: Red-Devils-PAW "While I am surprised that Harris has left Wigan,with their involvement in Wales - and while I respect your posts on a number of subjects - I think it difficult to judge anyone against the backdrop at Crusaders,and their owners,during that period.
As a young coach at the time he demonstrated his strength of character with his willingness to discipline - rlStoryrl'"

He'd lost the dressing room, simple as, with players frustrated at complete lack of a game plan.

It may be that he has learned from his time there, and his time with Shaun Wane may have been invaluable, but can you really see him having the strength and gravitas to deal with a rampaging Koukash? I can't help feeling that the coach required at Salford is one who will insist on being in charge, at excluding chairman when required, and that Harris has really just swapped one assistant coaching for another, except the head coach doesn't know much about on-field tactics.

I've no beef with Salford at all, and I really thought you'd be interesting this year, but it does seem like your biggest asset and saviour is also one of your biggest problems.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Slugger I think you are wrong about the loss of the dressing room at Cru. The problem there was that the players were not being [sizepaid[/size on time.

Rugby League players view this as #1 and it has always been the case.

Think we should give Iestyn the time now (12 months max) to show what he can do.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

I just hope that this weekend’s shenanigans don’t effect the players in a negative way, we have a huge game on Friday night against Bradford, it’s a must win if we are serious about finishing 8-6. My fear is that the players will again have to get used to new coaching methods and idea’s and it will be like starting all over again. We need stability now, let the players gel, put some structures in place and start winning a few games. No doubt the players were still getting used to each other and Nobles structures so it concerns me that we’re effectively ripping all that up and starting again.

I don’t think Harris is the answer and a combination of player power and Marwan’s impulsiveness’ (if that’s the correct word) seems to be the reason for Nobles departure. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think Noble was the long term answer, but nor do I think Harris is. I give him 10 games and if we’re not looking like making the 8 he’ll be out.

Just as we thought things were looking up as well!! It seems it’s never that straight forward at Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I can see Harris letting Long lose on the backs for this weeks game, as I mentioned on a previous thread I spotted him the other week working with the backs on plays that I doubt Noble would have let them try in a game situation. I can see this Friday things clicking and us rattling up a decent score, if what has been said is true the players who have been up in arms about Noble will I'm sure put that little bit more effort in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31874.jpg
:31874.jpg

Quote: Michigan red " if what has been said is true the players who have been up in arms about Noble will I'm sure put that little bit more effort in.'"
has anyone mentioned which players were up in arms with noble?
Anyone shed any light on who they are?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

Quote: martin13 "has anyone mentioned which players were up in arms with noble?
Anyone shed any light on who they are?'"

Someone did say the other 6 senior players have been to the Doc 3 times over Nobles coaching methods. Morley I don't think was involved as he apparently was on Twitter saying how shocked he was.

Of the rest of the squad senior to me means Gleeson, Chase, HH, Smith, Meli, Puletua. Though that is nothing more than me thinking of the most senior players in the squad.

Doubt we'll ever really know but as others have said nothing ever seems to be easy with Salford.

RankPostsTeam
International Star336
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56768_1401973083.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56768.jpg

Say what you like about noble but in the cold light of day we spent a shed load of money - take a look at the table 167 points conceded with a -53 difference, he isn't good enough. If we continued in this form for much longer then we would miss play offs IMO. Noble was the wrong choice all along for me, Marwan isn't short of a bob or two so if you are spending that kind of money on the squad - not to mention what he was willing to throw at Tomkins and SBW, then why not get a quality young coach with a decent record to avoid this?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

One thing has just struck me and that's Harris and Noble are apparently good friends away from the game so if working with the Doc is an issue I'm pretty certain Harris will already know about it. What I do find as odd is that I'd be willing to bet that Noble had something too do with the approach for Harris in the first place. Looks like he was first going to be assistant. Makes you wonder if the rumoured senior players who were unhappy knew Harris was going to be the assistant and approached the Doc suggesting he would make a better head coach?

Can't quite put my finger on it but I get a feeling there is something no one has mentioned in any of the threads. Would hope for the good of the club, game and if I'm honest Nobles good name that things can be settled amicably behind closed doors.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Reading between the lines, if half your squad repeatedly goes to the owner with concerns, it puts Koukash in a no-win situation. He has a Coach that the players are complaining about, if he ignores their wishes he gets unhappy players under-performing with a helpless Coach. If he straight sacks Noble, he makes himself look even more impatient and gets the alarm bells ringing of any potential replacements. So Koukash decides to do it the most diplomatic way by offering Noble a sideways move to try and make everyone happy. He has to do this sooner rather than later for the sake of the Club and the fans as obviously it couldn't continue the way it was going. Getting a decent and quick replacement is nigh on impossible a quarter of the season in. He opts for Harris as he's coming from the Champions backroom, he's British, and he can start quickly. Understandably, Noble feels put out.

Whether Harris is the long term answer we'll have to see the kind of deal Koukash has agreed. I'm hoping it's to the end of the season then to be reviewed. It'll make Harris hungry to imprint himself as the right choice, and wont make him sit back knowing he's got an easy pay-check for a few seasons. Equally, it allows the Club to part company at the right time and circumstances if it all goes tits-up this season.

The biggest unknown will be how the players react to Harris, but presumably it can't be any worse than their supposed reaction to Noble.

RankPostsTeam
International Star64
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70928_1398583463.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70928.jpg

Quote: djws61 "Reading a lot of negativity towards Harris, Man mangement, coaching methods etc and Wigan seemingly happy to see him leave or "not stand in his way". Hope Harris appointment doesn’t turn out to be a disastrous decision Ok the team hasn’t been performing as expected but with eight games gone was this really the right time for a change? … will he be given till the end of the season regardless of results ?'"

So Iestyn Harris isn’t going to want his own backroom staff?? Salford finalising a deal to keep Sean Long at the club and assistant coaches Andy Hay and Stuart Donlan are still part of the Salford backroom team for how long one wonders
Still think 8 games isn’t enough time and the injuries to key players haven’t helped as I’ve stated before stability is the key to success if results haven’t improved after 16 games is it goodbye Harris. Hope it works out and this isn’t a step backwards not because lm a fan of Harris but because of the loyal supporters who turn out week after week!

RankPostsTeam
International Star299No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

trying to tie sean long down to a long term contract to according to vickers

www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... red-devils
trying to tie sean long down to a long term contract to according to vickers

www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... red-devils

103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.591796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
5m
Rumours thread
PopTart
12m