JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Early Bath "Well Phil he won the Man of the Match given by a top Player from the 70s so there must have been something there. I thought his kicking was good & he saw the gaps when presented.

Totally agree about the passing and Longy has to get them to spin pass (sadly even the Rah Rahs pass better) & also pass like Matty Smith - deeper and to a man on the burst.

It will come.'"

I think effort got him the Mom. which I'm not being critical of. No one was worthy of mom. Oh by the way Charnley shown Broughton a clean pair of heels to score in the corner which surprised me too. My money would of been on Broughton to smash him in touch.

And I know Rome wasn't built in a day. Doesn't stop us calling a spade a spade does it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Philyourboots "Come on Butcher, were not expecting miracles, any halfback what cannot pinpoint a 10 - 15 yard pass to hand is pretty bad. We are talking super league here. Age means nothing if you're good enough you're old enough I take it you wasn't at the game as usual. I've heard nothing but praises about this young French lad'"

You must ave been at the wrong game or you have still got your Mr Wilkinson tinted glasses on? Would the connection have anything to do with him staying in Shirley's residence.
Yesterday was all about being able to get a team on the pitch, in my opinion Theo Fages stood out as the one player able to break the game line. he never shirked is responsibility & throughout the game was given no protection by the Salford players around him (not a criticism), because the passing was slow he was continually under pressure. Wigan targeted him as a potential threat, well done Theo I thought you were the stand out Salford Player last night.

Well done to PV & SL & your back room staff for your hard work. eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

Quote: Derek Smalls "The result last night means little - it's the performance that counts. I saw plenty of effort and that'll do me. Yes, the attack was poor - it's going to take weeks for that to start falling into place. Murphy had a shocker - still unsure how a couple of games in Super League make him vastly more experienced than Evalds. McGoldrick as one of the senior players was very poor - no excuses for so many handling errors and sloppy passes - he needs to step up and assume some responsibility and help lead the team. On a positive note I thought McPherson and Gledhill ran hard and straight. And best of all young Fages
Agreed, Mcpherson was far & away our best forward , saw enough of the Frenchman to see why they gave him a 5 yr deal. some nice touches in a team performance it was hard to shine in . McGoldrick , R Williams , J Murphy looked like like three players thown in at the deep end , Murphy had a 'mare , but he wasn't alone.
An overall bad team performance for all sorts of reasons , however it was scoreless for 13 minutes , only went in 0-16 at the half , and were exposed by moves from Charnley, Tompkins & Liam Farrell that would undone more elevated opposition than us.
Although the coaching team put on a brave face during the troubles Veivers admitted "We've lost an entire pre-season,"I've had players in the pipeline --, although I've probably lost a few because of the period of time we've been waiting for the takeover to be completed".
We had Howarth & Gleeson out and still have the two Manly Guys to arrive at least .

Hull touted top 4 side lost 36-6 to Leeds with their big money signings

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm not having that "lost an entire preseason" bollox, how come the players who were here last year look so unfit? I can understand a lack of cohesion and not having slick set moves, that's understandable but players being overweight and out on their feet for the last 20 in the 1st game of the season is not good. There's being match fit and unfit and half of them are unfit!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I've no doubt Murphy will become a classy player down the line but do think last night he looked like a rabbit in the headlights slightly.

Think that Wigan new how to target him and that they did so very well knocking his confidence early on.

Do as others have said think that Evalds looks like a belting little player in the Fitzy mode and I hope that him being felt out doesn't make him lose faith and look for a move as he is one who would drop down a league for a year or two and then be back with a SL team fulfilling his undoubted potential.

RankPostsTeam
International Star463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "I've no doubt Murphy will become a classy player down the line but do think last night he looked like a rabbit in the headlights slightly.

Think that Wigan new how to target him and that they did so very well knocking his confidence early on.

Do as others have said think that Evalds looks like a belting little player in the Fitzy mode and I hope that him being felt out doesn't make him lose faith and look for a move as he is one who would drop down a league for a year or two and then be back with a SL team fulfilling his undoubted potential.'"

I know this mard ars. as blocked me and others who disagree with his thoughts,again i disagree,if he has`nt got it now he never will have. Instance,Paul Charlton,K Radlinski,P Wellens, B Slater,D lockyer,and the brilliant S Tompkins,the list is endless,did they get shunted off to play in a lower comp?Nah did they hell.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

Quote: Stanley30 "I'm not having that "lost an entire preseason" bollox, how come the players who were here last year look so unfit? I can understand a lack of cohesion and not having slick set moves, that's understandable but players being overweight and out on their feet for the last 20 in the 1st game of the season is not good. There's being match fit and unfit and half of them are unfit!'"

So Losing, Moon - Holdsworth- Smith- Patten - Anderson - Adamson - Gleeson - Paleaasina- Sidlow. and other than Dixon only starting to recruit replacements this week is a structured pre-season. Not knowing if you're getting your mortgage paid or whether the club will exist next month condusive .
They didn't look unfit ,they were knackered after defending for pretty much the whole 2nd half. outclassed not unfit

RankPostsTeam
International Star463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: middleman "So Losing, Moon - Holdsworth- Smith- Patten - Anderson - Adamson - Gleeson - Paleaasina- Sidlow. and other than Dixon only starting to recruit replacements this week is a structured pre-season. Not knowing if you're getting your mortgage paid or whether the club will exist next month condusive .
They didn't look unfit ,they were knackered after defending for pretty much the whole 2nd half. outclassed not unfit'"

Why did we lose these players?So they looked fit to play in your eyes,in my world they did`nt,great for 20 mins after that they where knackered.A second rower from Wigan burnt our winger off,get real ,they are unfit.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

In a World Cup year I am more surprised that people are not focussing on the error of judgement by the rugby league media-darling and highly-rated Sam Tomkins;and on his failure to take a high kick at a time in the game when the pitch had dried out and the game was won,than I am by the criticism of a young player who tried too hard and had his confidence shot.( But not on this forum)
It's probably just as well that the pre-season SCR games count for nought and the spine of the side was altered to include at least one player who has a lot of work to do regarding fitness.
Statistically the one and only testing kick the international player had to deal with resulted in total failure whereas Murphy dealt with quite a few adequately.
After Murphy failed to dive on top of the ball and choose to try and collect it and run,it was good to see he had the presence of mind to at least vary his final restart.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8119
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16412_1394912803.png
Newham Dockers, London Entry League Champions 2013 //www.newhamdockers.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16412.png

I despair at some of the cretins who post on here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

Can't believe people are grumbling about last night. We've had the off-season from hell, we've got half a squad and the game wasn't certain to take place until a day before. The players looked unfit because they are inferior to the Wigan players and had to do twice as much work to stay in the game.

Even if the players are unfit there is a pretty unique set of circumstances behind it. Unrealistic to think with all that has happened that we've had anything like a normal preparation to the season. It's valid to question PV for picking Murphy over Evalds but don't get on the kids back after one match.

I'm just glad we've got a team to watch.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I would suggest too that the likes of Wilde and the other senior players who stayed loyal to the club would have been mentally drained after what can only be called a game of chicken between all parties with the people with the most to lose not us the fans but the players themselves.

I for one was proud of every single one of them for wearing the red shirt last night and congratulate most of them for not doing the easy thing and securing their own future by going to find a different team.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1871No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51474_1275316988.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51474.gif

After all that has happened I cant believe some of the stick that is being given by some Salford fans. I thought everyone would just be happy to have had a club for the first game, never mind Koukash and all of the good news this week. This was basically a scratch Salford side, short of players, short of a proper pre-season and the players they did have barely knew each other. Murphy is a young lad with barely any SL experience who was thrown in at the deep end and was targeted by Wigan to great effect. Added to all this Salford were playing a team which finished top of the pile this season. I really dont see how people could have expected much more from Salford than they got. Be patient and give it time because there are very exciting times ahead and things can only improve from here.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: Famous "After all that has happened I cant believe some of the stick that is being given by some Salford fans. I thought everyone would just be happy to have had a club for the first game, never mind Koukash and all of the good news this week. This was basically a scratch Salford side, short of players, short of a proper pre-season and the players they did have barely knew each other. Murphy is a young lad with barely any SL experience who was thrown in at the deep end and was targeted by Wigan to great effect. Added to all this Salford were playing a team which finished top of the pile this season. I really dont see how people could have expected much more from Salford than they got. Be patient and give it time because there are very exciting times ahead and things can only improve from here.'"

It's no surprise that the same wind-bags that spouted-off all pre-season, who then disappeared when good news started to filter in. Should return at the very earliest opportunity to rain down some negativity. I'm sure all Clubs have these squalid little misanthropes but we seem to have more per head of fan than most. It hopefully wont matter too much as they have slowly been making their way onto most posters foe list. If all sensible posters did it, nobody would read or rise to their misery any more.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

Quote: TheButcher "It's no surprise that the same wind-bags that spouted-off all pre-season, who then disappeared when good news started to filter in. Should return at the very earliest opportunity to rain down some negativity. I'm sure all Clubs have these squalid little misanthropes but we seem to have more per head of fan than most. It hopefully wont matter too much as they have slowly been making their way onto most posters foe list. If all sensible posters did it, nobody would read or rise to their misery any more.'"

May the FOE be with you

46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.78369140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
just_browny
17m
Salford H
Dave K.
20m