JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2751.jpg
[img:384wf39t]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/kingoftheshed/salford2.jpg[/img:384wf39t] Les Diables Rouges Originaux - 1934 [color=red:384wf39t][i:384wf39t][b:384wf39t]Founding member of the "Neil Baker is/was/always will be God" Supporters Club (Est. 1985) & still The official No1 (Salford based) Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness - Supporter![/b:384wf39t][/i:384wf39t][/color:384wf39t]:2751.jpg

Quote: Iain "Is it just my perception, or are we as a club, habitually awful towards the end of the season? Anyone got any stats (I'm looking at you KOTS)?'"

Sadly you're correct, here are the last 8 games from the past 4 seasons

W - 1
L - 7
For - 158
Against - 298
Pts -2

W - 2
L - 6
For - 138
Against - 266
Pts - 4

W - 3
L - 5
For - 133
Against - 299
Pts - 6

W - 1
L - 7
For - 150
Against - 238
Pts - 2

Just 14 points out of a possible 64!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach393No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

By anybody's standards, that is absolutely appaling!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I agree the attacking rugby I've see this year is on a par with when Gregory was in charge but then the defending has been as woeful at times as I have ever seen. For all the good work Sean Long has put in going forward I think one of our most needed bits of investment is someone to sort out the defense, there must be a coach in the lower leagues who is defensively astute who we could get on board. Don't think anyone would doubt that with a more robust defense there would have been a better points total this season.

I am it appears one of the few who doesn't dislike the new stadium, OK I fully agree that it is soulless compared to the Willows but don't forget the Willows had a century + to develop that soul and character. I have no doubt that in years to come Barton will develop one in the same manner. I think the area and experience will improve when the other projects around the site are completed and think that Sale playing there will speed things up and hopefully with a year round market prompt a decent sized chain to open something nearby giving everyone a pre game focal point.

I'm not one who believes the scare mongering on here and I will only except tales of how close we are to going under when this is confirmed, I personally think there are to many people with a vested interest in the club to allow this to happen. Is money tight hell yes but it is for most people and certainly only the chosen few sports teams in the UK have escaped a double dip recession without feeling the pinch. Are we still trading? YES are we playing in a bright shiny new stadium YES, have we got a bunch of extremely talented kids on the books YES - all reasons for optimism for me.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

But the fall off in the second half of the season is inevitable if you don't have the resources to put together a squad big enough, and with ALL the players good enough, to cope with the inevitable injuries.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Quote: king of the shed "Sadly you're correct, here are the last 8 games from the past 4 season'"

There lie some sorry stats. So the last eight games from the last four seasons reads.

played 32
won 7
lost 25
for 579
against 1101
points 14
+/- -522

Winning less than a quarter of the games played, more worrying is this season is no differnt to the Mcrea era. icon_surprised.gifops:

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3596.jpg
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is merely the end of the beginning [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/oguinn.gif[/img:1mcv36at] [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/msperv-l.gif[/img:1mcv36at]:3596.jpg

Quote: Salford red all over "There lie some sorry stats. So the last eight games from the last four seasons reads.

played 32
won 7
lost 25
for 579
against 1101
points 14
+/- -522

Winning less than a quarter of the games played, more worrying is this season is no differnt to the Mcrea era.
I reckon with around 8 games to go its then the players realise what a bunch of ***** the supporters are and then the rot sets in. icon_wink.gif

Though of course it always has to be the supporters who are fault doesn't it eusa_think.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15722.jpg
:15722.jpg

Quote: Salford red all over "Winning less than a quarter of the games played, more worrying is this season is no differnt to the Mcrea era. It will take a long time to get rid of the stigma McRae brought in.
His 5 drives and a kick percentage rugby bored us all to tears and drove a lot of fans away.
I still blame management for giving him a 4 year contract but that is history now.
With all the McRae buys almost gone it is a new start for Veivers.
I have watched some great games this year and actually enjoyed the rugby on display, it is only the last 8 games that really soured it for me.
That is not the coaches fault but the players.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach529No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB18.gif
:cartoons/WB18.gif

Well, the season's over. Despite the all the negativitiy from myself and others, our finishing position was actually better than I expected. Before a ball was kicked, I confidently predicted a season long battle for the wooden spoon with Widnes.

However, as others have previously stated, it is clear that we have a lot less to look forward to than every other club in SL. What are the chances of making the signings we need to significantly improve for next season? Virtually nil I would suspect.

Good riddance to Patten and his mate, but Moon will be a big loss, Smith and Gleeson were average SL players but sorry to see that Adamson's potential will never be realised with us.

In Matt we trust! Was there ever a bigger let down? (Apart from the last season / game at the Willows). We're left with a rented stadium with a dominant partner from the land of Kick and Clap, the usual far off promises from JW and the Board, constant rumours of administration and lack of potential investors.

Happy off season folks...................................!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "I agree the attacking rugby I've see this year is on a par with when Gregory was in charge but then the defending has been as woeful at times as I have ever seen. For all the good work Sean Long has put in going forward I think one of our most needed bits of investment is someone to sort out the defense, there must be a coach in the lower leagues who is defensively astute who we could get on board. Don't think anyone would doubt that with a more robust defense there would have been a better points total this season.

I am it appears one of the few who doesn't dislike the new stadium, OK I fully agree that it is soulless compared to the Willows but don't forget the Willows had a century + to develop that soul and character. I have no doubt that in years to come Barton will develop one in the same manner. I think the area and experience will improve when the other projects around the site are completed and think that Sale playing there will speed things up and hopefully with a year round market prompt a decent sized chain to open something nearby giving everyone a pre game focal point.

I'm not one who believes the scare mongering on here and I will only except tales of how close we are to going under when this is confirmed, I personally think there are to many people with a vested interest in the club to allow this to happen. Is money tight hell yes but it is for most people and certainly only the chosen few sports teams in the UK have escaped a double dip recession without feeling the pinch. Are we still trading? YES are we playing in a bright shiny new stadium YES, have we got a bunch of extremely talented kids on the books YES - all reasons for optimism for me.'"

Vievers wanted another coach at the start of the season along with long,and was told he would not get one.

24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.5:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
just_browny
16m
Salford H
Dave K.
19m