FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > From Hero to Zero in 1 game...
38 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I think that if Adamson were a certain start he'd be the ideal captain, very elloquent off the pitch and vocal on it. I don't know but I think that next year Patton will get the job and take some of the weight of DJ's shoulders.

FFIW JD had an average game but unfortunately he wasn't the only one to do so. Do though disagree about him being the scrum half we've had in a while as i'm not convinved he is a srcum halve as he seems to be very slow getting around the park.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "I think that if Adamson were a certain start he'd be the ideal captain, very elloquent off the pitch and vocal on it. I don't know but I think that next year Patton will get the job and take some of the weight of DJ's shoulders.

FFIW JD had an average game but unfortunately he wasn't the only one to do so. Do though disagree about him being the scrum half we've had in a while as i'm not convinved he is a srcum halve as he seems to be very slow getting around the park.'"

Luke though seems to have regressed and plays like a prop rather than a second row. Good lad mind and agree should he up his game.

DJ I feel would be better suited to #13 and bring Ratch into #6 with Matty @ 7. Would be an excellent attacking force I feel with that little triangle.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Early Bath "Luke though seems to have regressed and plays like a prop rather than a second row. Good lad mind and agree should he up his game.

DJ I feel would be better suited to #13 and bring Ratch into #6 with Matty @ 7. Would be an excellent attacking force I feel with that little triangle.'"

Like the idea of DJ @ 13 as he always strikes me as being a little on the large side for a halve back, but then you think the fact DJ isn't the best tackler would stop him being a really good lock.

I like Neal and Wilde for the second rowers and Adamson for lock personally.

RankPostsTeam
International Star113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Lyrad Red "Since the Super League 16 started its been mentioned a fair few times how DJ doesnt like getting his shorts dirty...

Tonight simply confirmed those comments. He single handedly lost us the game.

The missed pass which led to (MOM) Matty Smith chasing back at jaw dropping speed, then us being short in the corner and conceding a try, was the turning point in the game, and simply turned all our hard work to get back into the game into wasted effort.

Up to that point a comeback was on the cards, but that try simply put the game out of our reach and gave Hull time to collect themselves. Take nothing away from Hull, they came to play & not having the ball in the first 10 minutes didn't help either but that was a massive turning point in the game, us building pressure then our captain turning position over.

I hope it was simply just a one off, but having a decent scrum half involves getting stuck in and trying to break the line, not throwing the ball away in any direction like it's a piece of turd every time the opposition puts his hand on you. His decision making tonight was one of the worst i've ever seen from a Salford player, and if those sort of antics continue surely his captaincy has to be reviewed. Resting on your laurels after securing a 3 year contract simply isn't acceptable, especially when the team around you are looking for guidance and getting stuck in.

Overall we displayed a spirited performance and 16/17 players deserved to be on that pitch tonight with some not having their best game but those 16 giving 100%. Dare I say if Mr Holdsworth were at, Wigan, Warrington or Saints, he'd find himself on the bench next week.

On a positive note, what a cracking display Adam Clay's putting on with 5 try's in 3 games, With Henry fit I think Vievers is going to have a little selection headache
i could name more than one player that did not play 100% or simply wasn't on the ball or even turned up. Holdsworth as a captain and Vievers as the coach there is no communication. They ran around like headless chickens.

RankPostsTeam
International Star113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hillbilly_Red "As for your first question, it depends where you were. I was at the Willows watching Salford.
As for the kicks ... as I stand opposite the "25/35 metres area" towards the family stand and opposite the posh seats, I witnessed 5 different kicks in 6 attacks. All opposite me.
So where were you? I too can be ironic.'"

Never mind the kicks weres the chase on one example i sore ratchford chaseing the kick while the other lot were wodleing towards the ball. And when we are turned around and patten, broughton picks up the ball from a kick there is no support.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19616_1264697305.jpg
www.exprest.co.uk 2010 Eric Shaw Prediction League Champion:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19616.jpg

Quote: salford reds dan "Never mind the kicks weres the chase on one example i sore ratchford chaseing the kick while the other lot were wodleing towards the ball. And when we are turned around and patten, broughton picks up the ball from a kick there is no support.'"

Hey, come on now, he's not that ugly icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2012Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Early Bath "Luke though seems to have regressed and plays like a prop rather than a second row. Good lad mind and agree should he up his game.

DJ I feel would be better suited to #13 and bring Ratch into #6 with Matty @ 7. Would be an excellent attacking force I feel with that little triangle.'"

lets get a few things right luke cant pass steff his going

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Quote: ste nash "lets get a few things right luke cant pass steff his going'"

Not much wrong there ste - I said had regressed - earlier it looked like he might make a decent 2nd rower/centre as he ran at the gaps - now h4es a different animal. Stefs not going anywhere this season.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

One day, one day soon I hope, we'll find out vwahat is going on. I have been a strong advocate of Luke Adamson but was very put off by his performances at the close of last season. At ... (a recent away match) I found out he was told to play with a broken hand during that period.

For me Smith is THE captain ... he is vocal all match.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Catbert.gif
:fonds transparents/Catbert.gif

Quote: Lyrad Red "Possibly one of the most contradicting comments and ill informed post's i've read.

You call me a fickle fan for venting my frustration and you're the one throwing in the towel at halftime....pathetic. Fans don't come more fickle than that. At least I had the loyalty to see it out and witness a half hearted attempt of us getting back into the game. The going got tough and you showed how little faith you had by spitting your dummy out ? Were half way through the season, are you not aware of our inconsistent form? or do you simply have prematch visions of us putting 60 on a well drilled side ? lets be realistic for a second.

And more to the point it was the second half we endeavoured to make a come back, the half in which DJ came up with more mistakes and rash decisions. And as mentioned we won the second half on points. Ok my topic title has come across a little rash, I was really trying to make a point of how quickly his form has declined from a decent run of form. I wasn't chanting "DJ OUT" when the whistle blew, I can see his talent and class, but I do think as mentioned, he does need to bend his back a little more in the tackle and take a leaf out of Patterns book when it comes to attacking the line.

I like the bloke and like you think he's the best scrum half we've had in a long long time, but I do think his leadership qualities need a bit of a polish if were going to make a good attempt at the second half of the season in our last year at the Willows. And your right, he isn't at Warrington or Saints were he'd have good cover from the forwards, and with that being the case surely he realises he has to put that little extra work rate in, not sit back and disappear for 20 minutes, which seemed to be the case last night.

No he didn't single handedly lose us the game, but he had a 4/5 good opportunities to win us the game, opportunities which turned to dust and halted our comeback.'"

Fair point, "fickle" may not of been the right term to use ill admit that and Maybe i did spit my dummy out but im not going to sit here and apologize for it its was my choice to leave and Ive never left a game early just something on Friday made me so pis*ed of i simply had to.

As you said your post came across a little "rash" and i do agree with some of your points he does need to start attacking the line a little bit more, and i also agree i don't think his leadership skills are up to scratch but when i read that first post with some of your comments i got the impression you thought he was a pile of shi*e.

Holdsworth had a bad game im sure he is aware of that but on his day he is a class act. As i said he can improve and needs to become more consistent.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

Do think the poor perfomance on Friday will help motivate the team into pulling off a victory this Friday. For some reason I still thing a decent cup run is on the books as we kind of look like a team of one off big game players and I fully expect to see Anderson have a blinding game this week as cup success is something he's known for a very long time.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13327No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8959.gif
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com:3muwinhv][img:3muwinhv]http://i.imgur.com/V599P.gif[/img:3muwinhv][/url:3muwinhv] [quote="spooneryork":3muwinhv]:shock: There's more chance of Labour getting re-elected than Salfords new stadium ever getting built.[/quote:3muwinhv]:8959.gif

DJ was picked for Captain after being the standout player last season. I think he was expected to become Dunneman Mk2. It seems however that DJ is actually quite a fragile person who's ability is dramatically reduced or improved by his state of mind. Some of his tweeting sort of indicate that to me especially when I think he is "low". You can also easily see it on his body language on numerous occasions since he first arrived here. Infact he's reminded me of a teenager on a few occasions as he's stomped of the pitch almost petulantly.
Maybe the expectation of being captain is also bearing heavily on him. More so as the backroom staff have diminished and I would expect the captain has been expected to use his influence even more. That's alot of pressure for someone to handle.

I think with that in mind the captain needs to be changed to either Matty Smith or Luke Patten.

To MR. I don't think that now is the time to give it to Adamson. The lad is struggling to keep his head above the water level at the moment. The burden of all that weighted expectation may just drown him. One for the future, yes, but he needs to get his own house in order first IMO.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12095No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It does seem obvious as an outsider that you lack leadership.

Fitzgibbon has been a rock for us and without him I dont think we would have made it out of the slump we found ourselves in a couple of months ago. When things arent going your way you need someone like that. Your side has alot of talent but their heads seem to drop easily. Over the last two years Fitz has at times practically grabbed hold of the other 16 guys by the stuff of the neck and dragged them over the finish line.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4918
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB35.gif
:cartoons/WB35.gif

Holdsworth doesn't turn into a bad player overnight but his recent performances haven't been up to the standard of last season.

He may find it easier if he had someone to help take some of the burden, taking the captaincy from him maybe worsen his game. How about appointing a club captain, someone the players can look to for help and guidance.

I have been impressed with Stephen Wild so far and he would certainly help out on the field leaving DJ to do what comes naturally to him.

Adamson is only just starting to show what he can do.too soon for the Captain's job

RankPostsTeam
International Star336
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56768_1401973083.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56768.jpg

I was there Fiday night and the worst player on the park was Anderson.....he missed tackle after tackle another example of a player content to collect a wage

38 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
38 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1376953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM