FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Wakefield Game - Post Match Discussion...
51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

Quote: Original Salford City Red "Owhy didn't we play in the first 70 minutes as we did in the last 10?'"

I actually thought we finished both halves as the stronger team.

Whilst we started very badly at the beginning of the game, I thought we were the better team for the last 10-15 minutes of the first half, and also think the half time score flattered them a little (mainly due to Korki's try right on the hooter).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35044.jpg
"GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER":35044.jpg

One thing that is glaringley obvious is the coaching is not up to scratch. Look at Korkidas, when we had him he used to drop the ball or give stupid penalties away. Tonight he was the best forward on the pitch. Don't remember him dropping the ball or giving pens away.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

av said it all along i'd have korki back anyday,you cant fault the guys 110% for effort

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3796
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22482_1402863561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22482.jpg

Quote: Branny "One thing that is glaringley obvious is the coaching is not up to scratch. Look at Korkidas, when we had him he used to drop the ball or give stupid penalties away. Tonight he was the best forward on the pitch. Don't remember him dropping the ball or giving pens away.'"

It's no coincidence that a lot of forwards in the league have had some of their best performances when playing against us simply because our tackling technique at times has been very poor. Korki was described by some Cas fans as being one of their worst signings in a long time. I'm not sure how he's gone since he's been back at Wakey though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach217No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00038.gif
:disney/00038.gif

Really wish we had a player with a kicking game as good as Danny Brough's.'"
]

Salford have but SM decides to play him at centre icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2010Sep 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12025.jpg
IRLAM HORNETS POKER TOURNEMENTS TOURNEMENTS RUNNING ON A FOUR WEEKLY BASIS PM ME FOR DETAILS!:12025.jpg

Quote: MYLER "Really wish we had a player with a kicking game as good as Danny Brough's.'"

Salford have but SM decides to play him at centre
i can see why everyone is ed off at the fact stefan plays in the centres, and i would agree he is far better in stand off but...

with

fitzpatrick - many people was calling for wilshere at full back early season with mistakes fitz was making

henry - currently playing in the squad

wilshere - Full back, although people wanted him there earlier on now they dont

talau - out

white out

turner - Playing in squad

littler - off the bench?

ratchford - playing in the centre

McGilvray - playing in squad

Palfrey - not had a chance after leigh friendly but personally dont think he would be ready to be a first choice superlegue player

who would you play wings and centres out of them lot?
plus fullback because for me i would hav

wilshere
henry
turner
ratchford
mcgilvray
with litler being the sub to cover that back line

with this you also have the option to shuffle ratchford into the middle bring littler on and take smith off

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1153No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39169.jpg
Be loyal be loud, be Cas, be proud - wherever in the world you are! Join Cas Tigers in Exile on Facebook:39169.jpg

Quote: Adamjk "It's no coincidence that a lot of forwards in the league have had some of their best performances when playing against us simply because our tackling technique at times has been very poor. Korki was described by some Cas fans as being one of their worst signings in a long time. I'm not sure how he's gone since he's been back at Wakey though.'"

Odd really. as I live over here and am fed up of Wigan on TV I went along to the game. I was stunned at Korki's display. He was superb tonight. But I still maintain that in his spell with us he is a very strong contender for our worst signing ever. Its tough between him, Ryan Sheridan, Sean Rudder or Paul Newlove.

As for you guys, many look like the cant wait for the season to end. But you do have some good young kids there. Adamson is a top lad, Nash is solid and consistant, Sidlow goes very well indeed, the young lad on the wing went ok. These kids arent the headline makers but if you get your mainline signings right these will underpin you well.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

John Kear quoted on BBC website saying...

"But I wish people would keep of Shaun McRae's back. I think now is the time that the whole club need to pull together, be solid, be unified and support the guy"

I couldn't agree more

rlhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/8159571.stmrl

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach58No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4793-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
:icons39ad_files/4793-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Over 4,000 at Widnes.....you really are a poor excuse for a Super League club icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: RedUnderTheBed "John Kear quoted on BBC website saying...

"But I wish people would keep of Shaun McRae's back. I think now is the time that the whole club need to pull together, be solid, be unified and support the guy"

I couldn't agree more

rlhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/8159571.stmrl'"

It may be hard to do that at times but JK is bang on, stick together and be strong.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fatboys Limb "Attendance was 3 151 according to SKY.

Wakefield fans hardly made a sound until their try on 49 minutes, although they were still far louder than our fans.

I agree the scoreline flattered us but Brough was the only really difference between the teams.

If we had Myler in the kind of form he was earlier in the season, and cut out some of the ridiculour number of penalties, we may well have stood a chance.

Got frustrated with the ref in the second half who seemed to be blowing up every 30 seconds, but then both teams gave him plenty of excuses to do so.

A very forgetable game all round.'"
don't know which game you went to, thought wakey fans were good all night. never heard salford, all the game. score flattered salford. only tries they scored came off the back of penalties. their discipline was crap. they were warned twice by the ref , who i thought did very little wrong. after the first warning somebody should have gone to the bin. if you spent less time booing and more time getting behind the players that want to play, you may do better.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Supapeet "Over 4,000 at Widnes.....you really are a poor excuse for a Super League club

still very bitter and more free tickets,
we have bugger all to play for so nobody even with season tickets can be bothered to go simples really, no relegation may give you stability but it makes for some poor end of season games with only pride to play for.

Some good points last night Phil's two solo efforts just too late for one, but again too many players with their backs to play and allowing 2 tries in first ten mins again means up against it straight away, I did think there may have been a doubt about the first but with video refs at all grounds Super League will not be a level playing field,
one axample would Eastmonds try have been awarded without the VR last night?
The rest of the game was the same one up rugby, bad passing poor disciple and very poor tackling.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2012Jan 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

1. We were lucky to finish as close as we did in the end. We were very poor in my opinion. far too often we look to run the ball at their big men. Against Saints we tried to play a bit of rugby and, shock horror, we won. Why can't players and coaches see this when it is glaringly obvious to everyone who watches.

2. Too many players don't look bothered and we wonder why the fans who go don't bother to sing and many others don't bother to go at all. Too many players robbing a living imo.

3. Officials robbing a living. I thought ref made some poor decisions tonight as well as against Saints (I know some people will shout me down on that becasue our judgement is all to often clouded when we win). Off side and forward passes seem to be a thing of the past. Obstruction is only given when we have a big screen to check it on and how he gave a high tackle last night when the highest player was below the shoulder I don't know. And before anyone has a go and says "we can't blame the ref" I'm not, I think they are poor in general and not just against us. Some went for us last night which I thought he got wrong. And yet again a linesmen don't understand the rules regarding conversions. i.e. The ball is supposed to go between the uprights for it to be a goal. Wakey's second goal didn't go over. Even the photographer in front of me couldn't believe it had been given. And whoever is in charge of timekeeping was clearly as bored as the rest of us and wanted to go home.

To sum up Wakefield deserved the win but should have had it sewn up long before the end of the game. We are qiute frankly pathetic. And please, enough with the persistant attendance bashing and relaise that there are at least 2 teams in this league that have a smaller following than we have.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3796
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22482_1402863561.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22482.jpg

Quote: cool4kats " only tries they scored came off the back of penalties. '"

icon_lol.gif What a silly thing to say - teams will always inevitably score tries off of penalties giving you better field position and a fresh tackle count. I'd hazard a guess that with the amount of penalties we gave away that Wakefield scored some of their tries off the back of penalties. Doesn't somehow make them worth less than any other try scored.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

Quote: cool4kats "thought wakey fans were good all night. never heard salford, all the game.'"

I was sat in the front row of the family stand, right behind where all the Wakey fans were stood, I turned to my missus on 49 minutes, just after Wakey had scored, and said "that seemed to wake them up" as it was the first time all night that we'd heard any actual singing from either set of fans. As my original post said, I never heard the Salford fans all night.

Quote: cool4kats "score flattered salford. only tries they scored came off the back of penalties.'"

I know, that's why I said in my post that the scoreline flattered us?!

Quote: cool4kats "their discipline was crap. they were warned twice by the ref , who i thought did very little wrong. after the first warning somebody should have gone to the bin.'"

I know. They were actually warned 3 times if you were watching. If you read my comments on the Wakey board you'll see I said the ref didn't get much wrong, although he was a bit pedantic (for both teams).

Quote: cool4kats "if you spent less time booing and more time getting behind the players that want to play, you may do better.'"

Never booed once at The Willows, not last night, not ever. Never will.

Maybe you should learn to read before quoting me and trying to post an arguementative comment?

51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.919921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Reaper
11m
Round 27 HKR Away
Once were Lo
38m