JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

how can you be bored of this thread? Its like a soap opera, with GT n Odsal red in a virtual world living together fighting against the system and already bitchin at each others habits, Iain trying to get his GF to come to matches with a temping offer of a £12 ticket and everyone throwing season tickets from other sports in the mix, hope nobody loses theirs or gets them mixed up, get to the ground realise wrong ticket ahh noooo.
Its a classic cant wait for the next instalment gonna sky + it hahaha icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010Mar 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

i am a lifelong salford supporter who has become disillusioned with the club, i stopped going to all home and away games a long time ago, last season i was going to buy a season ticket but due to getting made redundant i couldnt, glad i didnt now as the issue with the commemorative shirt was a joke, paid my money at the turnstiles this year for a few games and even tho the crowds wernt the best i got the bug again so was looking forward to getting a season ticket, now im trying to get my head round the new offers and from what ive read on here i think ill pay on the gate again as cannot make all the games on a friday night

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

Quote: 3coinsinafountain "i am a lifelong salford supporter who has become disillusioned with the club, i stopped going to all home and away games a long time ago, last season i was going to buy a season ticket but due to getting made redundant i couldnt, glad i didnt now as the issue with the commemorative shirt was a joke, paid my money at the turnstiles this year for a few games and even tho the crowds wernt the best i got the bug again so was looking forward to getting a season ticket, now im trying to get my head round the new offers and from what ive read on here i think ill pay on the gate again as cannot make all the games on a friday night'"

No offence mate but season tickets aren't really aimed at occasional supporters who pick and choose their games so, regardless of the package offered, it probably wasn't going to be a great deal for you anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19616_1264697305.jpg
www.exprest.co.uk 2010 Eric Shaw Prediction League Champion:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19616.jpg

Quote: Bigpev "What if your are divorced or live on your own should get a 25% discount like council/poll tax
what if you have 2 divorces ???? do you get it for nothing ? do ya, hey ?
icon_cry.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach301
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2022Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44666_1378334946.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44666.jpg

Well, I'm getting one. Always have done always will.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Quote: 3coinsinafountain "i am a lifelong salford supporter who has become disillusioned with the club, i stopped going to all home and away games a long time ago, last season i was going to buy a season ticket but due to getting made redundant i couldnt, glad i didnt now as the issue with the commemorative shirt was a joke, paid my money at the turnstiles this year for a few games and even tho the crowds wernt the best i got the bug again so was looking forward to getting a season ticket, now im trying to get my head round the new offers and from what ive read on here i think ill pay on the gate again as cannot make all the games on a friday night'"

In simple terms, if you are able to make 9 or more games, get the membership and pay £12 a game. If you cam make 11, get a season ticket. If you won't be able to get to 9, then just pay £18 on the door each week.

Quote: 3coinsinafountain "That's actually a really good point.

Iain's £180 season ticket ..... he also gets to bring his missus for the reduced cost of £12! Bargain!!

(sorry to use you as an example Chief
Problem is, the games she went to last year were that boring (face it, we must have had 7 home games last year that bored me to tears) she doesn't actually want to go any more.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: chrismum "Just passing on the info I got from the club earlier. You don't have to be a family to be a member. You can pay the membership and ST price and get all the benefits even as a single person.'"

Shouldn't have called it a family memebrship then. All that has achieved is to confuse everyone.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG
[size=100:inve33bl][quote="Dave Lister":inve33bl]I reckon Salford's fans are the friendliest i've come across and haven't got a bad word to say about them[/quote:inve33bl][/size:inve33bl] :CLAP: Love him or hate him, 163 consecutive appearances should make Stuart Littler a Salford legend in anyone's book :CLAP::Others/NA.JPG

Quote: Iain "In simple terms, if you are able to make 9 or more games, get the membership and pay £12 a game. If you cam make 11, get a season ticket. If you won't be able to get to 9, then just pay £18 on the door each week.'"

Unless you are going to buy an away shirt and/or go to the Magic Weekend, in which case you can probably attend around 5 games and still end up better off. icon_wink.gif

My missus' first game was the 100-12 defeat of Gateshead. She then began to watch regularly when we were in NL1 and blowing teams away week-in, week-out.

By the time we were back in SL, playing badly and getting battered she was hooked! icon_twisted.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Quote: Fatboys Limb "Unless you are going to buy an away shirt and/or go to the Magic Weekend, in which case you can probably attend around 5 games and still end up better off.
To be honest, the match ticket at about £6 last year was probably the cheapest part of the whole weekend - less than a pint and a half in most of Edinburgh.

Quote: Fatboys Limb "School boy error introducing your better half this season?!
She'd been earlier, but found last year boring and who can argue? It wasn't the defeats, it was the manner of many of them and our style of play. She received free/cheap offer email for most games later in the season but having paid £17 for stuff like the Quins game and the Wigan game just didn't want to watch more of it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Wow only just caught up with the latest offerings via this forum. I had decided during the season that I wasn't going to renew this year after the well documented goings on at the club, but any last minute change of heart is no more.

I have two brand new shirts in the wardrobe.
I have no desire to go to millenium tragic, and last year I offered via this forum my carnegie ticket to Hull (I had no takers).

The thing that really pi**ed me off was the continual offers to the floating fan of £10/£5 entrance fees, after the likes of most of us pay up front year on year. (I used to applaud this but I didn't think that offering reduced prices for WIGAN was what it was all about.) Not to mention the Cas fan who came on here after buying his ticket up front who said he was offered vouchers outside the ground from people who had been emailed with offers.

No doubt I will still attend all thirteen games but maybe I'll be the lucky receipient of such attractive offers.

Maybe the signing of Jonathan Thurston could change my mind..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/NA.JPG

Quote: Salford red all over "Maybe the signing of Jonathan Thurston could change my mind..'"

Well now that you're not renew your season ticket we can't afford him! icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Quote: Fatboys Limb "Well now that you're not renew your season ticket we can't afford him!
Well what about Brett Finch then shown the door at the start of the season by the Eels and he finds himself playing against them in th GF with the Storm ? Last I knew (since sultanas demise) was he was on loan and out of contract, and we need a 7 to replace whats his face.... icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach270No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/Tails.gif
:Others/Tails.gif

Quote: Walshovski "It is true that they aren't the target audience anymore but they really still should be, they are the core people who are gonna commit to following something through thick and thin. Look at Manchester Storm, they focused solely on the family audience and while experiencing some high crowds at the start once the novelty wore off they went tits up. Obviously do as much as you can to attract families but the hardcore will always fall into that 16-40+ age bracket.'"

I object on he ground of ageism. Some of us 40+ are just as hardcore if not more so icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

You need to pitch something to the families their kids will be the next generation, i remember when i started goin with my dad, i met a couple of people who were simular age to me next thing and there was loads of us goin on days out watchin salford, now the majority still go but we have lost a few on the way.

What we dont want is our fanbase to turn into a swinton where the majority are 40+ and no youth coming through, let the club get the kids in 5 years time they will be 17-18 the ones who get hooked and then they'll be doin what we are doin now..

The problem with the storm or giants is there isnt the interest to carry them through the bad times, you need to build that support over 20 plus years as kids grow up and bring their kids, it was a flash in the pan.unfortunately for them

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1647No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38205_1297001224.jpg
Big Pev is my Hero:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38205.jpg

I will still end up getting one. i say every year that i wont be renewing due to the seasons previous performance or other people getting freebies, but the club are in my blood and will still continue to follow them Home and away. As the price increase, people seem to forget that the club have not put an increase on the gates for a couple of years, so it would seem inevitable if the sponsers are withdrawing some money that the club need to claw it back someway. Lets all once again support John Wilky and the club like us die hard always do, and go forward together. its simple buy one or not, stop moaning about what the club are trying to do.

200 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
200 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.755859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent