JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
953.jpg
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!:953.jpg

Quote: the red fusilier "have a look on the vt thread about the salary cap , its quite surprising how many fans are in favour of a marquee signing'"

Obviously depends where you look. If you look on various threads on Facebook the majority are against

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: DemonUK "Obviously depends where you look. If you look on various threads on Facebook the majority are against'"

With all respect to genuine fans, there's some serious bell-ends on social media though. Some of them are only just aware we've gone to the six tackle rule. Just because they have a voice doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Quote: TheButcher "With all respect to genuine fans, there's some serious bell-ends on social media though. Some of them are only just aware we've gone to the six tackle rule. Just because they have a voice doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.'"

Most rugby league fans come across as serious bell-ends on social media, I couldn't have put it better myself. I cringe reading some of the stuff on there. If you have twitter check the @RLMeltdown page out. It basically retweets all the bellend comments RL fans have made about the RFL, Referees - it's quite frightening really.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: Ave It! "Most rugby league fans come across as serious bell-ends on social media, I couldn't have put it better myself. I cringe reading some of the stuff on there. If you have twitter check the @RLMeltdown page out. It basically retweets all the bellend comments RL fans have made about the RFL, Referees - it's quite frightening really.'"

I started following that account last week after dozens of RL fans argued the toss with a Nigel Wood parody account believing it to be real. I mean, it was really really obvious it was a joke account yet loads of people seemed to be too thick to get it. It is frightening. One look at MK's twitter feed should convince anyone of the need to look at our education system. Twenty years ago, the lunatics used to argue with the bushes at the sides of bus shelters. Which was great, because you could avoid them and they were happy in their world. Now those same lunatics have access to the internet 24 hours a day, and they can invade your living room and your phone with their ridiculous ramblings.

It's the other side of the positives of modern technology. Idiots now have a platform and they can group up with other like-minded numbnuts. And they're called Cas fans. icon_wink.gif

J/K all you Cas readers!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach711
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10879_1306320340.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10879.jpg

Quote: newgroundb4wakey "Best idea i've heard for a long time. May cost a fair bit to set up but i think it would attract a lot of new kids. They love new gimmicks and anything electronic.'"

it would cost a fortune and would have to be run by the actual clubs rather than amateur because a lot of those struggle to make money to survive, let alone invest in electric tag belts. This then leads back to the argument that if we actually had the pro clubs investing time and resources in to local clubs then players would becoming through more and more anyway but these clubs still dont have the resources to do so. That's why though i suspect you see a lot more kids coming through at places like Wigan and Leeds because the pro club is putting more back in to the area.

In the North west counties numbers are at an all time high of players playing rugby between 6-12 which is just under 4,000. The game here in the NW is played with an emphasis of enjoyment and in most part for playing and not for winning or losing. Of course you will always get some coaches who think they are next in line for the England job and parents where little Johnny is going to be the next big superstar so is pushed something daft but by in large the attitude is right and kids are allowed to enjoy the game and express themselves with no pressure. I know over in Yorkshire, Humberside and Cumbria they are also piloting the primary rugby league where the game is suppose to be less competitive.

There has to be an incentive to pro / semi-pro clubs to produce their own talent. Imagine a cap where players home-grown through there own scholarships had say, 65% / 70% of their wages not counted on the cap, how many teams would then look to develop not only in house but get out helping the grassroots game?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Quote: TheButcher "With all respect to genuine fans, there's some serious bell-ends on social media though. Some of them are only just aware we've gone to the six tackle rule. Just because they have a voice doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.'"

I think there has to be an element of caution thrown in with fans views in any place.

There are over 10000 regulars at Saints, probably less than 1000 post on any forums or media.

Also they ain't the ones running the clubs, if someone said to me should your club spend £1000000 to sign a couple of players, the answer is yes. There is no skin of my nose when it all ends in tears. I simply carry on with life.

If someone said should you spend £1000000 on a set of players oh and ps the odds are with every other club doing the same, no one will get an advantage and it will simply be a matter of who can hold on to spending that much the longest to see who comes out on top.

That's a different question.

If we are scrapping the salary cap, then it will no be a matter of Koukash suddenly sprinkling money and shooting Salford to the top of the tree.

Everyone who can and some who can't will have to do the same. I would prefer a system where clubs are restricted to spending the cap. Anything on top of that is down to individuals. So a collective of 100 fans could boost a wage by £1000 each, or one owner or sponsor could dib in.

But it does not mean I am in favour of the Koukash mantra. He's not being forced out of the game by anyone but himself.

If I join a club and say I don't like the rules that were already in place. Then I am the one trying to change others, not them trying to change me.

All that said he lost a vote, I believe 10 teams voted against. So he is hardly persuading people to his side.

Although having said all that the idea was the RFL's long before it was his. So in effect it's an anti RFL vote. He happens to be running with the RFL on this one.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg

They didn't vote at all. The vote was put off until October.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

In which case no one is forcing anyone into anything.

This is why I thought there was a vote

..I was therefore happy that this week's Super League AGM saw ten clubs vote to defer consideration of the potentially inflationary "Marquee player proposal" to a date after the new league system has time to prove itself and bed in. ...

www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/4163

I'd have assumed a vote to defer is still vote not to do it right now.
In which case no one is forcing anyone into anything.

This is why I thought there was a vote

..I was therefore happy that this week's Super League AGM saw ten clubs vote to defer consideration of the potentially inflationary "Marquee player proposal" to a date after the new league system has time to prove itself and bed in. ...

www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/4163

I'd have assumed a vote to defer is still vote not to do it right now.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2489
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wigan28/Leeds18 Andy "Wigan, Leeds and Warrington were the three other teams who voted with the Doc.'"

Apparently they didn't vote at all so i don't know where you got that from

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5852
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Ahh Tesco Building St Helens & Warrington's future Destroying Wigans past "Viva Ben Flower, Viva Ben Flower, could have won the cup but you Messed it up Viva Ben Flower":

You only manage to get 3400 attendance v's Hull and the Dr wants a Marque player?

Laughable

Salford fans need to get real and that until your club can support the salary cap your spending, Marwan won't keep dipping into his pockets with crowds your getting now?

Remember where you was before he took over and god forbid you don't end up like Bradford

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg

Quote: Rommel "You only manage to get 3400 attendance v's Hull and the Dr wants a Marque player?

Laughable

Salford fans need to get real and that until your club can support the salary cap your spending, Marwan won't keep dipping into his pockets with crowds your getting now?

Remember where you was before he took over and god forbid you don't end up like Bradford'"

Do you have next weeks lotto numbers?

Seeing as you seem to know the future, and have a direct psychic link into MK's brain.

I feel a diagnosis of Bell-end Syndrome maybe required here.

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:3w2ur1db]Superleague Titles[/b:3w2ur1db] Warrington Wolfs - 0 Wakefield Trinity - 0 Leigh Centurions - 0 [quote="Budgiezilla":3w2ur1db]Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.[/quote:3w2ur1db]:

Oh well, back to signing players who were once good but now at the end of their careers wanting one last pay day

Regards

King James

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Lebron James "Oh well, back to signing players who were once good but now at the end of their careers wanting one last pay day

Regards

King James'"

A little cryptic. Do you mean Fuifui Moimoi? there has to be a marketing idea in having Fui Fui & Lama in the team icon_wink.gif

One thing I've just read is that in the NRL they have introduced a ruling that if a player is being brought in from say RU that the will pay the transfer fee, meaning a player like Falau could be bought back from ARU from central funds and only the wages would be paid by the team. Shows the backwards thinking being employed over here when we won't even let teams spend there own money never mind the governing bodies.

RankPostsTeam
International Star13No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rommel "You only manage to get 3400 attendance v's Hull and the Dr wants a Marque player?

Laughable

Remember where you was before he took over and god forbid you don't end up like Bradford'"

Pretty much all of the best teams in recent history have had a wealthy benefactor. Someone willing to invest thier own money in a club to see them succeed on the pitch. Hopefully its our turn now so you and everyone else will have to get used to it instead of having snide pops at us. Maybe its you that needs to get real as the good Doctor looks like someone on a mission to me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Rommel "Remember where you was before he took over and god forbid you don't end up like Bradford'"

Was we at junior school like what you is now learning to speak England?

182 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
182 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.248046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
4m
Decision on the field
--[ WW ]--
5m