FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > New Stadium Site Update Thread!!!
2110 posts in 142 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: Ave It! "Saints' looks really really good, quite a bit better than ours I'd say.'"

It looks very impressive! I think I read their budget was a few million more than phase 1 of ours. That said if we ever see phase 3 I'm sure that would look impressive too (With corners filled in and an extra tier of seats).

The only issue with Saints is it's being built on a very small plot for a stadium. This has limited parking to about 90 spaces for a 18K capacity compared to 650 spaces at Barton. They will have saved quite a bit by not spending much on the carpark and landscaping. I've heard some Saints fans say people can park in the centre of town and walk but that doesn't lend itself to some older people with walking difficulties.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16.jpg
:16.jpg

Quote: theredshed "It looks very impressive! I think I read their budget was a few million more than phase 1 of ours. That said if we ever see phase 3 I'm sure that would look impressive too (With corners filled in and an extra tier of seats).

The only issue with Saints is it's being built on a very small plot for a stadium. This has limited parking to about 90 spaces for a 18K capacity compared to 650 spaces at Barton. They will have saved quite a bit by not spending much on the carpark and landscaping. I've heard some Saints fans say people can park in the centre of town and walk but that doesn't lend itself to some older people with walking difficulties.'"

It should not really be an issue. The stadium is only 10-15 mins walk from the town centre bus and train stations along with the multi storey car parks there.
In addition the new stadium is fully compliant with disability legislation so has ample parking for disabled badge holders.
There are also currently electric buses that run to the various retail parks around the site and will no doubt run to the Tesco/Stadium site to aid people with mobility difficulties.

Access should therefore be far better than Knowsley road or most other stadiums.

Put it this way Salfords 500 onsite car parking spaces is better than the new Saints stadium has. However once that car park is full, where else is there to park in the locale eg within 15 mins of the stadium?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: The Chair Maker "Put it this way Salfords 500 onsite car parking spaces is better than the new Saints stadium has. However once that car park is full, where else is there to park in the locale eg within 15 mins of the stadium?'"

I 'm sure people will find their way there but it's not ideal to have only 90-100 spaces for a new stadium of this capacity. I noticed there are large sponsors lounges and private boxes, where are all your corporate customers going to park? A club sponsor expects a parking spot with the sponsorship package. Surely most of your parking will be taken up by the home & away directors, players, match officials, staff and disabled spaces etc. Please don't interpret this as a dig your stadium looks very impressive and is fantastic for RL and I welcome it. I was just highlighting an issue where the ideal situation would be to have more parking next to the ground.

For your info the parking at Barton is for 650 cars not 500 plus there will be several coach spaces for away supporters. I heard the plan was to also run shuttle buses from the Trafford Centre. Further to this the Peel Green residential area is literally a 5-10 minute walk.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Nov 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40262_1297086249.gif
Salford 'till I die:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40262.gif

I think over the coming years there are also plans for the Metrolink tram network to be extended to the Trafford Centre, with a possible junction to the new stadium.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach123
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Don't forget we also have an airport within a stone's throw for all our VIPs to arrive by helicopter, private plane or microlight! icon_biggrin.gif
Beat that! h025.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1290
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Gonzo the Great.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Gonzo the Great.gif

Quote: Salfords Finest "Don't forget we also have an airport within a stone's throw for all our VIPs to arrive by helicopter, private plane or microlight! '"

Don't forget the Manchester Ship Canal - big enough for the largest luxury yachts.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011May 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There’s a lot of talk on the Sale Sharks message board of us moving to your new stadium in a ground-share deal.

Dare I ask!!….. What are the thoughts of the Salford Reds fans ground sharing with Sale Sharks??

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

dont let the sharks in, united reserves

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: arliebird "dont let the sharks in, united reserves'"

Football over my dead body.
Said it before and I'll say it again two rugby teams in thier repsective top divisions can only be a good thing when it comes to brain storming and player training.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "Football over my dead body.
Said it before and I'll say it again two rugby teams in thier repsective top divisions can only be a good thing when it comes to brain storming and player training.'"

to be honest i think i would rather united reserves were in there! wont ruin the ground as much, possibly get a bigger crowd watching them than a sale side that are really really struggling on all fronts at the minute
plus it wont damage the pitch nowhere near as much as rugby yawnion would

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16.jpg
:16.jpg

Quote: theredshed "I 'm sure people will find their way there but it's not ideal to have only 90-100 spaces for a new stadium of this capacity. I noticed there are large sponsors lounges and private boxes, where are all your corporate customers going to park? A club sponsor expects a parking spot with the sponsorship package. Surely most of your parking will be taken up by the home & away directors, players, match officials, staff and disabled spaces etc. Please don't interpret this as a dig your stadium looks very impressive and is fantastic for RL and I welcome it. I was just highlighting an issue where the ideal situation would be to have more parking next to the ground.

For your info the parking at Barton is for 650 cars not 500 plus there will be several coach spaces for away supporters. I heard the plan was to also run shuttle buses from the Trafford Centre. Further to this the Peel Green residential area is literally a 5-10 minute walk.'"

I agree with you that it would have been better to have more car parking spaces, if only for the corporate dollar than anyone else. However lack of car parking spaces doesnt appear to affect football clubs or RU clubs in getting the prawn sandwich brigade to watch their respective sports.

It would not surprise me if there becomes a demand from the corporate sector, that Saints enter into an agreement with Tescos or someone else close by, to utilise some of their car parking spaces, probably for a small fee of course.

The actual car park has 91 regular spaces and 57 disabled spaces, along with two coach spaces for visiting teams.
This is not including space for the TV vehicles. I understand that in none TV matches this opens up 34 more car parking spaces.

Back to Salford. If they do run shuttle buses from the Trafford centre that will be fantastic. Hope the trafford centre allow this, as i do think it would encourage families to do a bit of shopping and then go the RL.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

RE ground shae with Sale:

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... b/8446116/

interesting
RE ground shae with Sale:

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... b/8446116/

interesting

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I personally think the article confirms what I've said for a long while that two professional rugby clubs under one roof would be a good thing. You wouldn't need the same amount of staff on the clerical level and surely a shared training and academy program would be more cost effective.

I know some don't like the idea because it's RU as I would hate the club to tie in with football but in the long run think that the council will have the final say and can any of us say that all year round use isn't going to be better for the council to make a profit from the stadium?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "I personally think the article confirms what I've said for a long while that two professional rugby clubs under one roof would be a good thing. You wouldn't need the same amount of staff on the clerical level and surely a shared training and academy program would be more cost effective.

I know some don't like the idea because it's RU as I would hate the club to tie in with football but in the long run think that the council will have the final say and can any of us say that all year round use isn't going to be better for the council to make a profit from the stadium?'"

The sooner the stadium can break even the sooner SCR will be able to make money out of it , either by reduced rental or shares of income streams , what you have to ask yourselves is what damage could they do to your potential fan base or corporate support , or what benefit you could draw from their support , both fan and corporate , personally I'd say it's a no brainer , it would make the stadium more financially viable

2110 posts in 142 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
2110 posts in 142 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.23046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Season 2024
ALAW
0m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
4m