JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A.Marshall:

Very strange affair considering the fact months ago he was the best full back and was h adding to Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "Move him out of the club.

No chance Kevin Locke will be a Salford player in 2016. Luckily, he will be working hard to get fit and putting in some big performances to get a contract over in the NRL at the end of the season.'"

Yeah, I get the feeling that this is the way things are panning out. It seems strange to me that Hock received unconditional backing, yet everything related to Locke is the opposite. Like this dancing thing in Barcelona. MK's reaction to it is cold. After letting the Scottish RU speak to Locke, and getting that grub at the MEN to write an article saying that MK wouldn't stand in the way of a move, speaks volumes to me.

I think the last thing they expected was for Locke to commit to Salford. There's something not right about the Club at the moment. I think internal politics are at work.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I'm torn on this, on one hand we have Evalds who is an incredible talent who has that much vaunted X factor and on the other we have Locke who when fit has it in him to be the best attacking full back in the league.

I agree with are kid in that there's something doesn't seem quite right in the back ground, does make you wonder what (if any) influence Sheens has had in this and if the Doc lined up a Billy Slater type signing for next season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: TheButcher "Yeah, I get the feeling that this is the way things are panning out. It seems strange to me that Hock received unconditional backing, yet everything related to Locke is the opposite. Like this dancing thing in Barcelona. MK's reaction to it is cold. After letting the Scottish RU speak to Locke, and getting that grub at the MEN to write an article saying that MK wouldn't stand in the way of a move, speaks volumes to me.

I think the last thing they expected was for Locke to commit to Salford. There's something not right about the Club at the moment. I think internal politics are at work.'"

Nail. On. The. Head!

Bigging up Niall Evalds (on the face of it sounds fine), but in the same interview demeaning Kevin Locke by stating reputation counts for nothing and he will have to prove his worth to get in the team. Not great management of your superstar signing who the fans are desperate to see back to his best on the pitch is it? Imagine having an injury, sat at home frustrated then picking up the local rag and reading that. Zero support from his boss.

Then there was the whole Scottish Rugby Union affair. Instead of letting the fiasco of the Saints game die-down and allowing the team to put right the wrongs in their own way (which they have done), Koukash clearly sees his ar$e with Kevin Locke and picks up the phone to SRU asking if they would like to discuss a move with Kevin Locke.

Now this, which is a blatant ploy by the club to further antagonise a player which is costing them a small fortune and for whom they haven’t had any decent return on. Our form hasn’t improved, crowds haven’t increased and shirt sales haven’t been manic since his arrival. He’s gone from the best thing since sliced bread to someone they seem to can’t wait to get rid of.

I have heard a couple of things with regards to what is wrong with the club, but without reasonable evidence I wouldn’t want to divulge but it’s all money related.

RankPostsTeam
International Star21No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We are all giving Neil Barker exactly what he wants. When I read the story I laughed and thought this is a p1ss take, Neil Barker is probably still laughing at how many people have fallen for it!

RankPostsTeam
International Star519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RedDanjo "We are all giving Neil Barker exactly what he wants. When I read the story I laughed and thought this is a p1ss take, Neil Barker is probably still laughing at how many people have fallen for it!'"

Not really, Koukash has confirmed the club are dealing with the matter but has said it's being dealt with internally... That's a new one.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

I really doubt this article would have made print if it was another Salford player. It started with speculation in the MEN (Manchester Evening News) about Locke's potential move to Scottish RU that lead to Locke having a social media spat with reporter Neil Barker. I interpret this story as a mischievous form of revenge.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: theredshed "I really doubt this article would have made print if it was another Salford player. After all the recent speculation in the MEN (Manchester Evening News) about Locke's move to Scottish RU and Locke's social media spat with reporter Neil Barker, I interpret this story as some form of revenge.'"

If a local journalist was writing disruptive articles about one of your star players, you wouldn’t back them would you? Common sense would suggest you would either ban said journalist from the stadium/club or publically show support for the player. Koukash’ tweet last week regarding the Scottish RU story was to say “Neil Barker has reported this story 100% correct” or something to that tune.

I have no doubts Barker speaks with Koukash and Vickers on a weekly basis, they seem to have a good relationship and no doubt use each other for mutual benefits. This latest story has 100% been given to Barker to make a song and dance (excuse the pun) about.

I will be eternally grateful to Marwan for saving the club, but deary me some of the stuff coming out of the place at the moment is a joke. It doesn’t help him having his puppet and lap dog (Martin Vickers) by his side either, whom has zero sports administration experience. If were to ever become successful, MK needs an experienced CEO and/or Director of Football alongside him to advise him on how to operate a successful RL club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "If a local journalist was writing disruptive articles about one of your star players, you wouldn’t back them would you? Common sense would suggest you would either ban said journalist from the stadium/club or publically show support for the player. Koukash’ tweet last week regarding the Scottish RU story was to say “Neil Barker has reported this story 100% correct” or something to that tune.

I have no doubts Barker speaks with Koukash and Vickers on a weekly basis, they seem to have a good relationship and no doubt use each other for mutual benefits. This latest story has 100% been given to Barker to make a song and dance (excuse the pun) about.

I will be eternally grateful to Marwan for saving the club, but deary me some of the stuff coming out of the place at the moment is a joke. It doesn’t help him having his puppet and lap dog (Martin Vickers) by his side either, whom has zero sports administration experience. If were to ever become successful, MK needs an experienced CEO and/or Director of Football alongside him to advise him on how to operate a successful RL club.'"

Vickers has actually had a few digs at Barker on twitter, I've quite warmed to him.

RankPostsTeam
International Star783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "If a local journalist was writing disruptive articles about one of your star players, you wouldn’t back them would you? Common sense would suggest you would either ban said journalist from the stadium/club or publically show support for the player. Koukash’ tweet last week regarding the Scottish RU story was to say “Neil Barker has reported this story 100% correct” or something to that tune.

I will be eternally grateful to Marwan for saving the club, but deary me some of the stuff coming out of the place at the moment is a joke. It doesn’t help him having his puppet and lap dog (Martin Vickers) by his side either, whom has zero sports administration experience. If were to ever become successful, MK needs an experienced CEO and/or Director of Football alongside him to advise him on how to operate a successful RL club.'"

Seem to remember Wigan banning Barker when he wrote for the local Wigan paper. Upsetting players etc with his stories

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31874.jpg
:31874.jpg

barkers latest

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... tm_medium=

seriously, if my 14 year old wrote like that, i would be having words with his teachers.
barkers latest

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... tm_medium=

seriously, if my 14 year old wrote like that, i would be having words with his teachers.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Why does Barker write like this.

No paragraphs.

No real quotes.

No real news.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman651No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Your in dreamland if you think Leeds and Salford would merge that will never happen:

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

I wrote a post about the MEN Sports desk's abilities not so long ago. Disheartening, yet not surprising, to see their abilities living up to what I've said previously.

Lazy bullet points and a tendency for the irrelevant. Coupled with low grade journalism it's very frustrating to see how one guy can cause so much angst to fans and players.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but what I do know is Locke will need a run of games to find his best form and get his match fitness back. He's had one full game this year because of injury and he did OK at Catalan. The criticism Locke is getting in the MEN newspaper I feel is a little premature. Surely Locke's contribution needs judging after a few back to back games, or does Mr Barker know something we don't? If there is a problem and he does know, could it suggest a lack of professionalism within the club? A snake in the grass perhaps or simply marwanism?

41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.294921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leigh Away
Mr Snoodle
6m
Shopping list for 2025
FC Callum
11m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
11m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
12m
Film game
Wanderer
21m
2025 OUT Rhyse Martin
Zoo Zoo Boom
31m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 24
Jamie101
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
YosemiteSam
Recent
Rumours thread
lifelongfan
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
30s
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
39s
Dewsbury H
Bully_Boxer
40s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
MadDogg
43s
On to Cas
Jake the Peg
50s
Mr Snoodle
52s
Merger with Huddersfield
Tony Fax
57s
2025 Recruitment
Pyrah123
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
1m
Stadium and other issues
Trojan Horse
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Huddersfield away
ninearches
TODAY
Past his best but could enough for Saints
Huddersfield
TODAY
New signing for next season
Huddersfield
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Wolves
WYSIWYG2
TODAY
Squad for Leigh
Or thane
TODAY
IMG changers to the criteria
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Dewsbury H
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Accounts
Mr Dog
TODAY
Doncaster away
Greg Florimo
TODAY
Five Into Three - Our Top Six Super League Predictions
RLFANS News
TODAY
Trueman Confirmed
Riderofthepa
TODAY
On to Cas
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Jay Pitts
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Dons New Home
GeoffRoebuck
TODAY
RD 24 London Broncos A
Frosties.
TODAY
2025 OUT James Donaldson
Frosties.
TODAY
Fairimos hit
Jemmo
TODAY
Oasis Reunion
mrpurfect
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 24
Jamie101
TODAY
7 years ago today
B0NES
TODAY
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Stage 3 tricky
PopTart
TODAY
A bit of radio coverage plus Mat Ellis Powell
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Play Offs With Win Over London
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
Warrington Wolves Level Second..
Emphatic Win For The Warriors ..
London Broncos Thrash Hull FC ..
Leigh Leopards Defeat Hull Wit..
Sensational Leeds Rhinos Thras..
Catalans Squeeze Past The Gian..
Saints Win Golden Point Thrill..
First Half Wigan Blitz Overcom..
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.62M 3,328 80,09814,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R26
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Melbourne
 TOMORROW
09:00
Canterbury
v
Manly
11:00
Penrith
v
Souths
       Championship 2024-R24
19:30
Bradford
v
Dewsbury
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R24
20:00
Hull KR
v
Salford
Leigh
v
Warrington
 Sat 31st Aug
06:00
Parramatta
v
St.George
08:30
Dolphins
v
Brisbane
10:35
Cronulla
v
NZ Warriors
     Womens Super League 2024-R12
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R22
Midlands
v
Hunslet
15:00
Hull FC
v
Castleford
       Championship 2024-R24
17:00
Toulouse
v
Sheffield
Catalans
v
Wigan
 Sun 1st Sep
05:00
Newcastle
v
Gold Coast
07:05
Sydney
v
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R12
12:00
LeedsW
v
York V
12:00
WiganW
v
Wire W
Hudds W
v
St.HelensW
       League One 2024-R22
14:30
Crusaders
v
Cornwall
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sat 31st Aug
SL
Hull FC-Castleford
SL
Catalans-Wigan
Sun 1st Sep
SL
Huddersfield-St.Helens
SL
LondonB-Leeds
Fri 6th Sep
SL
Castleford-Leigh
SL
Leeds-Hull FC
SL
Wigan-Hull KR
Sat 7th Sep
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
SL
18:00
Salford-Catalans
Sun 8th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-LondonB
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 25th Aug
SL 23 LondonB12-32Leigh
SL 23 Wigan22-4Hull FC
L1 21 Oldham72-0Cornwall
L1 21 Keighley40-22Hunslet
L1 21 Rochdale28-10Crusaders
L1 21 Workington46-0Newcastle
CH 23 Barrow20-18Swinton
CH 23 Dewsbury10-18Whitehaven
CH 23 Doncaster4-18Bradford
CH 23 Halifax6-48Wakefield
CH 23 Widnes35-20Sheffield
CH 23 York37-6Batley
NRL 25 Gold Coast22-48Sydney
NRL 25 St.George10-38Cronulla
Sat 24th Aug
SL 23 St.Helens6-42Hull KR
SL 23 Salford60-10Huddersfield
CH 23 Featherstone22-10Toulouse
NRL 25 Canberra22-18Penrith
NRL 25 Melbourne48-6Dolphins
NRL 25 Souths16-36Newcastle
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 23 617 275 342 36
Wigan 23 569 298 271 36
Warrington 23 590 301 289 34
Salford 23 453 435 18 28
St.Helens 23 524 340 184 26
Catalans 23 409 362 47 26

Leigh 23 498 338 160 25
Leeds 23 425 398 27 24
Huddersfield 23 402 548 -146 16
Castleford 23 360 607 -247 13
Hull FC 23 294 705 -411 6
LondonB 23 273 807 -534 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 21 752 246 506 40
Bradford 21 518 347 171 26
Sheffield 21 550 404 146 26
Toulouse 20 556 286 270 25
Widnes 21 481 383 98 25
Featherstone 21 516 406 110 24

York 22 557 413 144 22
Batley 21 356 447 -91 20
Doncaster 21 386 496 -110 19
Barrow 20 342 562 -220 17