FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Forever Reds Board Meeting Tonight.?
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach385No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47867_1378997218.jpg
When passion and skill work together, the end result is often a masterpiece.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47867.jpg

Hi , Is it True there will be a FR Meeting tonight? If so What time and Where? hoping to attend .

Thank You

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Yes, the board have called an Extraordinary Board Meeting to discuss what action can be taken. It is just a board meeting though, rather than a full trust or public meeting.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13327No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8959.gif
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com:3muwinhv][img:3muwinhv]http://i.imgur.com/V599P.gif[/img:3muwinhv][/url:3muwinhv] [quote="spooneryork":3muwinhv]:shock: There's more chance of Labour getting re-elected than Salfords new stadium ever getting built.[/quote:3muwinhv]:8959.gif

So do you just all go round to shirleys for tea, cake and a good chat? I mean what can forever reds actually do? I would guess nothing other than Shirley telling them she needs paying for theo's tea.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

Quote: Fungus The Muffin Man "So do you just all go round to shirleys for tea, cake and a good chat? I mean what can forever reds actually do? I would guess nothing other than Shirley telling them she needs paying for theo's tea.'"

Yeah, superb. Just the way to look at it. I've seen that approach towards independent supporters' group before and it cost us dearly. Supporters' can have a real, positive influence and power if they can unite and channel it in the right direction. Then again, maybe some people are just happy to sit by, watch it all go tits up and watch Sale/Manchester RL if it comes to it.

Of course, you could be joking. You are joking, aren't you?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

We don't know what Forever Reds can do, but if we don't discuss it and ask questions we'll never find out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach385No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47867_1378997218.jpg
When passion and skill work together, the end result is often a masterpiece.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47867.jpg

Quote: Iain "We don't know what Forever Reds can do, but if we don't discuss it and ask questions we'll never find out.'"

Correct and it appears that Wilky isn't for listening to other supporters so hopefully he will listen to A Foundation that has done more than offer Opinions and has actually raised Money for our club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star26No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Cavendish street,why don't you get off wilkinsons back. You seem to be obsessed with running down the one man who has tried to keep Salford afloat.that man has lost millions on our behalf and I think he needs our support while he is trying to secure our future. I know there have been a lot of let downs and cock ups and I believe a lot of people have taken him for a ride.let's give him some slack to let him get on with sorting out the business of the club.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach385No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47867_1378997218.jpg

Quote: red polly "Cavendish street,why don't you get off wilkinsons back. You seem to be obsessed with running down the one man who has tried to keep Salford afloat.that man has lost millions on our behalf and I think he needs our support while he is trying to secure our future. I know there have been a lot of let downs and cock ups and I believe a lot of people have taken him for a ride.let's give him some slack to let him get on with sorting out the business of the club.'"

Nope not true, Until recently I was another one of the merry "Wilky is God" Brigade, It's True without John we wouldn't have a Club today but also With John and Co in charge we may also Not have a club to support in the future. For what he had put into the club for over 30 years ,Well that takes some commitment and Deep Pockets but Im afraid his Legacy isn't looking as admirable as it once could of done. Rightly or Wrongly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach385No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47867_1378997218.jpg

Oh and Red Polly; Remember this post...
about time the management faced reality,john wilkie spoke about the club being a family club.well I dont think that dragging young children, who I may say are the next breed of supporters, to matches on freezing cold friday nights and not getting home until after 10 oclock.that stadium is right out in the open and will be freezing cold.also I think salford will find it very dificult to get more supporters there, as away fans will travel better on sundays than on fridays

Touché ..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8119
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16412_1394912803.png
Newham Dockers, London Entry League Champions 2013 //www.newhamdockers.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16412.png

As I see it Forever Reds only have two options on the table

I have always been a big fan of John - it's quite apparent that without his input over the years we probably wouldn't be here today, but the lack of news coming out of the club is causing longer term financial damage than any tax bill or outstanding invoices will do. It's driving people away from the club and once they're gone they won't come back. Without the diehards there is absolutely nothing to sustain the club, we've already had it demonstrated in spectacular fashion that there is no mass of families and newbies waiting to be converted to the cause now we have a new stadium so we need to retain the support of those who hold the club closest to their hearts. At this junction that requires full disclosure from the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3253No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1066_1345755623.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1066.jpg

Well as somebody who can deem myself qualified to speak from both sides of the Forever Reds fence, I hope the people involved can get the ideas and backing to make a difference.

During my time with FR... People I think got to the point that they were sick of hearing about us... We were largely active both around the club, in the media... via printed press, TV and Radio... We got in the faces of people because we needed to make a difference... That needs to happen again... because lately people hardly hear of it and it is perceived by many as a vehicle to get people into the good books of those at the club (Not necessarily my own thoughts but one I'm often hearing and asked to give opinion on). Now there are some bloody good people around Forever Reds, and ones that CAN come up with ideas to make things happen... seriously intelligent people... This time though it has to be different. It has to be a case of going to the club demanding answers in order to help... and not the 'yes sir no sir' approach... not the nodding of heads when they are told by the Chairman and other directors that all is ok... because it clearly isn't.

Despite helping the club for many years, FR are still looked down on by many supporters, and people at the club. They are good when they are needed... In my own experience... as soon as we had done what was required... we were cast aside... and before anybody tries to tell me any different... they weren't involved in some of the conversations that I had with the people at the club... and believe me... The club would have been happy for us to stop once we had raised that money.

However anybody looks at the Chairman and the rest of the board... there have been mistakes. You don't get in this position unless you make them. Yes... as supporters we are grateful, but now is a time for people to hold their hands up and admit there have been mistakes and let those who can help... just help.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I've never joined Forever Reds but if they require people to not so much donate money but make a financial commitment to assist any form of buy in I would certainly do that with pleasure.

The issue I see it is how do you ensure that people remain committed to this type of monthly investment, there are the so called die hard fans who like myself wouldn't pull out without extremely good reason but I can see some would pull this type of funding if they are short of a few quid to buy the next round of ciders.

Very happy if this is going to be an option for someone from FR to PM me and I'll happily sign a DD agreement to commit £10/20 per month to the cause.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach672No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

NIL ILLEGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM:

Not really sure if this is the right thread for what I want to say but this one seems as good as any other.
Over the many, many years I've followed the team and supported the club through season tickets, the original Lifeline lottery, Junior Reds with my kids, I bought shares in the club, (still got the certificate - worthless I guess), I joined FR when it started and stayed with it for a few years, I joined the latest lottery. I have put money into the club the same as many others, but I never believed I knew what was going on behind the scenes or what was needed to run a club or had a right to know what was going on or on what decisions were based on, I haven't contributed to the debates on the forum (apart from one post where I did add to the gossip about us being a feeder club for Sale, which could still be a possibility but it looks doubtful) as I got fed up of reading all the BS and guesswork slagging this off then that off, this person then that person, put the blame here there and everywhere.
I don't know who is to blame for the current situation but I do know that without John Wilkinson this club would've folded years ago, the fact that we managed to stay afloat this long is testament to his commitment and I for one will not have a go at him.
I am now at a point where I'll wait and see what happens and where we end up, I am a Salford fan and will be one wherever we play, in whatever league that maybe, pro, semi pro or amateur, this is my club and where they play I'll follow, it disappointments me to see so much negativity and such vitriol being thrown about on this forum aimed at people that they don't actually know, so many contributors making stuff up without thinking about the consequences. When the club are ready and they can announce what is going on they will release it in the right way through proper channels, until then the speculation and gossip and down right lies will no doubt continue on here.
For me that's it, ramble over, can't call it a rant really, (others may!).

All the best to all and fingers crossed for the future of the club.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13327No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8959.gif
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com:3muwinhv][img:3muwinhv]http://i.imgur.com/V599P.gif[/img:3muwinhv][/url:3muwinhv] [quote="spooneryork":3muwinhv]:shock: There's more chance of Labour getting re-elected than Salfords new stadium ever getting built.[/quote:3muwinhv]:8959.gif

Quote: GT "Yeah, superb. Just the way to look at it. I've seen that approach towards independent supporters' group before and it cost us dearly. Supporters' can have a real, positive influence and power if they can unite and channel it in the right direction. Then again, maybe some people are just happy to sit by, watch it all go tits up and watch Sale/Manchester RL if it comes to it.

Of course, you ould be joking. You are joking, aren't you?'"

A bit of both to be honest. Mostly tongue in cheek. However I really don't see what FR getting together will do. Yes they can have a meeting and go to the club asking for questions to be answered , but the club have already shown a huge disregard for giving information to the fans on the basis that discussions are of a highly secret nature and no information is available for disclosure. It would be nice if the chairman and the club did answer the questions honestly to FR out of respect for all they have done for the club. I'm not expecting much from them ( the club) though.
It would be nice to be wrong, and I hope I am.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A.Marshall:

Quote: shed head "Not really sure if this is the right thread for what I want to say but this one seems as good as any other.
Over the many, many years I've followed the team and supported the club through season tickets, the original Lifeline lottery, Junior Reds with my kids, I bought shares in the club, (still got the certificate - worthless I guess), I joined FR when it started and stayed with it for a few years, I joined the latest lottery. I have put money into the club the same as many others, but I never believed I knew what was going on behind the scenes or what was needed to run a club or had a right to know what was going on or on what decisions were based on, I haven't contributed to the debates on the forum (apart from one post where I did add to the gossip about us being a feeder club for Sale, which could still be a possibility but it looks doubtful) as I got fed up of reading all the BS and guesswork slagging this off then that off, this person then that person, put the blame here there and everywhere.
I don't know who is to blame for the current situation but I do know that without John Wilkinson this club would've folded years ago, the fact that we managed to stay afloat this long is testament to his commitment and I for one will not have a go at him.
I am now at a point where I'll wait and see what happens and where we end up, I am a Salford fan and will be one wherever we play, in whatever league that maybe, pro, semi pro or amateur, this is my club and where they play I'll follow, it disappointments me to see so much negativity and such vitriol being thrown about on this forum aimed at people that they don't actually know, so many contributors making stuff up without thinking about the consequences. When the club are ready and they can announce what is going on they will release it in the right way through proper channels, until then the speculation and gossip and down right lies will no doubt continue on here.
For me that's it, ramble over, can't call it a rant really, (others may!).

All the best to all and fingers crossed for the future of the club.'"

May i say that is the quote of a true supporter of his club, said with heartfelt meaning.
I am a Swinton fans and have known bad times for many years but like you will follow them anywhere so long as a blue and white jersey is worn.
For spectators like you I hope they, Salford, can get a decent outcome in all this.

33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.49169921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 20
yorkshiredra
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Broadacres
4m
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
christopher
7m
Film game
Boss Hog
14m
Oh when the Saints
Jake the Peg
16m
Panthers v Knights
terry silver
18m
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
KaeruJim
47m
Shopping list for 2025
HU8HFC
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Wires71
Recent
Barrow A
Peter Goddar
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Marcus's Bic
1m
Todays chairmans address
faxcar
1m
Panthers v Knights
terry silver
1m
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
christopher
1m
Barrow A
Peter Goddar
1m
Widnes A
Bullseye
1m
Bums on seats
RC15
2m
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
2m
Lannon
faxcar
2m
Squad for HKR
The Speculat
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Panthers v Knights
terry silver
TODAY
Barrow A
Peter Goddar
TODAY
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
TODAY
5 countries tender bids to host the 2030 RLWC
Huddersfield
TODAY
Jack Welsby out for 8 weeks with injury
Huddersfield
TODAY
Dewsbury away
The Avenger
TODAY
Josh Jones
The Avenger
TODAY
Todays chairmans address
faxcar
TODAY
Mid Season fans forum
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Squad for HKR
The Speculat
TODAY
Josh Jones
CarlB
TODAY
Lannon
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information 3/8/24
Sir Gregory
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse Saturday 10/8/24
Jemmo
TODAY
Sheffield v Dons Sunday 4/8/24 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity songs
JINJER
TODAY
Jeylon Hodgson
AdamH
TODAY
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Jarrod Sammut
Maccbull_Big
TODAY
ONeil out long term
NickyKiss
TODAY
Burgess signs extension till 26
just_browny
TODAY
Lewis Baxter
Jemmo
TODAY
Huddsh
Big Steve
TODAY
Trueman
Chris71
TODAY
Oh when the Saints
Jake the Peg
TODAY
New Players
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
KaeruJim
TODAY
Luke Gale announces his retirement
Bullseye
TODAY
Aston Shefield
Bullseye
TODAY
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
christopher
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 3,392 80,09014,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
 FT
Hover 
Wests
30-48
NQL Cowboys
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R20
20:00
Castleford
v
Leigh
Wigan
v
Huddersfield
 TOMORROW
09:00
NZ Warriors
v
Parramatta
11:00
Dolphins
v
Sydney
Warrington
v
Hull KR
 Sat 3rd Aug
06:00
Gold Coast
v
Brisbane
08:30
Melbourne
v
St.George
10:35
Cronulla
v
Souths
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
LeedsW
15:00
Hull FC
v
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R20
Swinton
v
Toulouse
17:30
Salford
v
Leeds
 Sun 4th Aug
05:00
Penrith
v
Newcastle
07:05
Canterbury
v
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
12:00
BarrowW
v
St.HelensW
Wire W
v
York V
WiganW
v
Hudds W
LondonB
v
Catalans
       League One 2024-R18
Keighley
v
Newcastle
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 1st Aug
SL
Castleford-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Huddersfield
Fri 2nd Aug
SL
Warrington-Hull KR
Sat 3rd Aug
SL
Hull FC-St.Helens
SL
17:30
Salford-Leeds
Sun 4th Aug
SL
LondonB-Catalans
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Thu 1st Aug
NRL
LIVE
Wests30-48NQL Cowboys
Sun 28th Jul
NRL 21 St.George10-46Penrith
NRL 21 Dolphins14-21Gold Coast
NRL 21 Canberra32-12Souths
CH 19 Batley16-22Halifax
CH 19 Doncaster37-30Barrow
CH 19 Sheffield78-24Whitehaven
CH 19 Wakefield46-18Featherstone
CH 19 Widnes25-6Bradford
CH 19 York34-4Swinton
L1 17 Newcastle34-44Cornwall
L1 17 Hunslet24-32Workington
L1 17 Keighley36-12Midlands
L1 17 Rochdale10-14Oldham
Sat 27th Jul
SL 19 Salford30-22Castleford
SL 19 Catalans24-16Hull FC
NRL 21 Brisbane16-41Canterbury
NRL 21 NQL Cowboys30-22Cronulla
NRL 21 Sydney34-30Manly
CH 19 Toulouse58-6Dewsbury
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Warrington 19 498 245 253 28
Hull KR 19 481 255 226 28
Wigan 18 469 244 225 28
Catalans 19 366 274 92 24
Salford 19 355 366 -11 24
St.Helens 19 455 256 199 22

Leeds 19 355 342 13 20
Leigh 18 372 276 96 17
Huddersfield 19 336 427 -91 14
Castleford 19 326 503 -177 13
Hull FC 19 268 566 -298 6
LondonB 19 198 725 -527 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 17 584 206 378 32
Sheffield 17 488 283 205 24
Toulouse 16 468 220 248 23
Widnes 17 410 307 103 21
Bradford 17 397 297 100 21
Doncaster 17 318 410 -92 17

York 18 428 345 83 16
Featherstone 17 440 359 81 16
Batley 17 284 366 -82 16
Swinton 17 342 422 -80 12