Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30613.gif
Red Army: Town Hall Branch:30613.gif

Following the fairly decent atmosphere that got going at Widnes I was wondering whether we could transfer this to the new stadium.

I know that at the first home game it was freezing which probably put most off but the atmosphere in the West Stand was dead and I fear it will continue like that and I'm not a big fan of watching rugby in silence.

Most people will probably be in the standing section but I was wondering if there are any in the West Stand willing to try and get a bit of atmosphere going?

Its going to be especially hard being spread out so much but I think its worth a try if any one is up for it?

I think I miss the Shed all ready icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39789.jpg
To die of thirst we have no fear. As long as we get Holts' beer!!!!:39789.jpg

The problem you have got is the reconfiguration of the ground. With some of the shedites wanting to stand but some still wanting the view from the side. It therefore, has dissipated the numbers of singers in one area reducing the amount of noise generated.
However, I think as people start to get used to the new ground and make a firmer choice of where to view from it will start to come back and if the performances on the pitch are good enough then the crowd will feed of it and the atmosphere will improve.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Works for FC united at bury if I was in the west stand and I wanted to get an atmosphere together id position myself and who ever wanted to get it going on the left side of the stand ( looking from the pitch)

Might get some banter going between stands in the medium / long term.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30613.gif
Red Army: Town Hall Branch:30613.gif

I think 'we are the west stand and we're louder than you' type banter is a long way off but it would be good to eventually achieve.

The main problem is the allocated seating which makes it harder to group.

Maybe the East stand is the solution but it would be nice to get the main stand going.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

They are only opening the east stand when the attendances go up which is fair play to me don't want to open stands up we arnt going to fill.
I don't sit in the west but Friday find the block nearest the south stand get the message out on here and on the official facebook page that "block x" in the west is where u need t be if u want to sit and get an atmosphere going and probably after a few weeks it might take off

I remember in 2003 the grandfinal at widnes we organised "The red army" section so all the vocal fans would be together and not dotted around took 10 days but we sold it out through word of mouth the club helped by selling "non red army" around it, wasn't much sitting down on the day mind
So it is possible with the right planning might be worth contacting the club if Ur in the west already

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Quote: The optimist "They are only opening the east stand when the attendances go up which is fair play to me don't want to open stands up we arnt going to fill.
I don't sit in the west but Friday find the block nearest the south stand get the message out on here and on the official facebook page that "block x" in the west is where u need t be if u want to sit and get an atmosphere going and probably after a few weeks it might take off

I remember in 2003 the grandfinal at widnes we organised "The red army" section so all the vocal fans would be together and not dotted around took 10 days but we sold it out through word of mouth the club helped by selling "non red army" around it, wasn't much sitting down on the day mind
So it is possible with the right planning might be worth contacting the club if Ur in the west already'"

No Bobby, people have already got their season tickets and people may already be sat in other blocks throughout the stand as your season ticket is allocated to a certain seat. If this was going to be done it should have been done at the start of the season when you could pick what seat you wanted. If we did it now it would just cause chaos, people sitting in other peoples seats etc, which is already happening even with the correct seats allocated. Salford just seem to have double booked people.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Fair point think next season if u want to sit and get an atmosphere going then get organised just before the season tickets come out then that would be ace, perhaps if the new "junior devil" sceme takes off would be ideal place for them too
Will be ideal for me in a few years when I start taking my son far enough away from the bad language in the southstand but near enough to hear and make some noise of our own icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39789.jpg
To die of thirst we have no fear. As long as we get Holts' beer!!!!:39789.jpg

That should have been sorted out as the season passes have all been re-issued. My sister works in the ticket office and she was in there last week sorting out the spread sheets of the seats and reorganising any double bookings.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4918
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB35.gif
:cartoons/WB35.gif

Here's a thought,

Maybe the club could take the lead in this and allocate a "noisy" section of the stand for next season, maybe block 6 or something. Season Ticket holder could then select that area.

We have seats because I don't want to watch from behind the sticks on such low terraces. Some of the lads tried to get something going near us, probaly the same lads that asked for seats all together and yet found themselves split across the aisle and not getting any sympathy from Stuart.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach711
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10879_1306320340.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10879.jpg

It would have been ideal to get the shedites in the East stand. So far the stewards have not been to "Ar*ey" about standing whenever i have been standing in the west stand (not at all infact) so could have had the one's who wanted to watch from side on position there and stand or sit. Plus it fills that side up a bit because i think it looks really poor on camera when the main viewed stand is the least full, that in itself will put off a lot of people from trying the game out.

Agree the club should look to push this and maybe setup a "Noisy" section.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12187.jpg
#RED DEVILS:12187.jpg

Quote: Red Willow "Here's a thought,

Maybe the club could take the lead in this and allocate a "noisy" section of the stand for next season, maybe block 6 or something. Season Ticket holder could then select that area.

We have seats because I don't want to watch from behind the sticks on such low terraces. Some of the lads tried to get something going near us, probaly the same lads that asked for seats all together and yet found themselves split across the aisle and not getting any sympathy from Stuart.'"

Yes but I'd imagine the club would offer the same seats ( to west stand season ticket holders) next year as they've sat in this year? so how could that work?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

I surpose its upto the club to say "block A" is the singing section now do u want to stay there or do u want to move?

If the person says "why should I move?"

The club could say "well we did a survey amongst fans and they said they would like a section allocated for our noiser fans, you don't have to move its upto you just giving u advanced warning ect"

As for the east stand being unreserved, it will only be used when we are expecting a big crowd I'm told so when our attendance go up (positive mental attitude icon_wink.gif lol ) it will probably become reserved like every other stand.

The fact of the matter is you want to stand your behind the goal, id be furious if I took my son to the game and we were unable to see because of persistant standing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: The optimist "They are only opening the east stand when the attendances go up which is fair play to me don't want to open stands up we arnt going to fill.
'"

Don't agree with this. Can't believe after just one home game we have decided to close the east stand for selected games. The east stand, especially with it being unreserved seating, is ideal to be used as some sort of community/family stand to get kids in on free/discounted tickets and get them interested in RL. For years the club have claimed they can't get families down to the willows because of poor facilities etc, and now we have the facility we are closing the most suitable stand. Surely the games that will attract the lowest crowds (London and Catalan) are the games we should be looking to try and boost the attendance at, rather than meekly accepting that it will be a low crowd. It is like the club consider these games as a write off crowd-wise and rely on big away followings from the likes of Wire and Wigan to boost the crowd average, rather than trying to get a few extra home fans in.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: cliftoncityred "I know that at the first home game it was freezing which probably put most off but the atmosphere in the West Stand was dead and I fear it will continue like that and I'm not a big fan of watching rugby in silence.
'"

I'm in West Stand block 6 (left hand end as you look at it from the pitch) and always willing to join in a bit of singing. I moved from the shed to seats at the willows a few years ago when i started bringing the kids and missed the singing. Have to say I was quite impressed that there was some singing in the block I was in when we scored the first against Cas and even more after the disallowed try so I'm quite hopeful that if we get a good result then the singing will come. Hopefully we'll find out on Friday

RankPostsTeam
International Star463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Karlos13 "Don't agree with this. Can't believe after just one home game we have decided to close the east stand for selected games. The east stand, especially with it being unreserved seating, is ideal to be used as some sort of community/family stand to get kids in on free/discounted tickets and get them interested in RL. For years the club have claimed they can't get families down to the willows because of poor facilities etc, and now we have the facility we are closing the most suitable stand. Surely the games that will attract the lowest crowds (London and Catalan) are the games we should be looking to try and boost the attendance at, rather than meekly accepting that it will be a low crowd. It is like the club consider these games as a write off crowd-wise and rely on big away followings from the likes of Wire and Wigan to boost the crowd average, rather than trying to get a few extra home fans in.'"

Excellent post,would be great to see the youngsters attracted back,they are when all said and done the future of the club surely.

30 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
30 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.14208984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
11m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
11m