FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Ok lets take sensible view......
20 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We all know SM is not up for the job and should be relieved of his duties. The only thing stopping JW doing this is finance. However a great revenue for the club is the attendances, if we vote with our feet and do not go through the turn styles obviously our club will begin to lose a lot of money(money we as a club cannot afford to lose). This may force JW to act and sack SM, to make our voice heard further i believe we turn up to the ground and protest outside with banners such as "Love Salford Hate Mcrea act now" (although hate may be a bit strong). This sounds quite contradicting saying we cannot afford sack him but i think the club needs the revenue which will equate to more than what is left of SM contract surely?

Sensible thoughts???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach803No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31375_1310734455.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31375.jpg

I understand where you are coming from but that would ruin the average attendance figures and ruin our chances of staying in superleague.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13327No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8959.gif
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com:3muwinhv][img:3muwinhv]http://i.imgur.com/V599P.gif[/img:3muwinhv][/url:3muwinhv] [quote="spooneryork":3muwinhv]:shock: There's more chance of Labour getting re-elected than Salfords new stadium ever getting built.[/quote:3muwinhv]:8959.gif

To be honest after Fridays display and if we lose at Wakey I'd be suprised if we get more supporters than what Wigan bring at the next home game. Now that would be embarrassing!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: weastyred "We all know SM is not up for the job and should be relieved of his duties. The only thing stopping JW doing this is finance. However a great revenue for the club is the attendances, if we vote with our feet and do not go through the turn styles obviously our club will begin to lose a lot of money(money we as a club cannot afford to lose). This may force JW to act and sack SM, to make our voice heard further i believe we turn up to the ground and protest outside with banners such as "Love Salford Hate Mcrea act now" (although hate may be a bit strong). This sounds quite contradicting saying we cannot afford sack him but i think the club needs the revenue which will equate to more than what is left of SM contract surely?

Sensible thoughts???'"

I think this kind of action would be even more damaging for the club. It's a form of blackmail and could lead to even worse circumstances for the club. Have you thought about the implications of the board deciding they have had enough and withdrawing their financial support for the club too? And let's face it we couldn't critise them if they did if that's what we as supporters have done also.

Everyone at the club needs to stick together during difficult times like these.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9088
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2751.jpg
[img:384wf39t]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/kingoftheshed/salford2.jpg[/img:384wf39t] Les Diables Rouges Originaux - 1934 [color=red:384wf39t][i:384wf39t][b:384wf39t]Founding member of the "Neil Baker is/was/always will be God" Supporters Club (Est. 1985) & still The official No1 (Salford based) Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness - Supporter![/b:384wf39t][/i:384wf39t][/color:384wf39t]:2751.jpg

Quote: theredshed "It's a form of blackmail and could lead to even worse circumstances for the club. quote]
I agree and lets face it we already have one person blackmailing the club, we don't need thousands more icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1246No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47106_1370858322.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47106.gif

[iFirst off it will not cost a lot of money if the Reds ask Mr McRae to leave now.

The same situation happened before with Karl Harrsion when he left the club they just kept paying him until his contract expired.

If the simple quick answer was to ask Mr McRae to go then so bit it we have plenty of coaching staff who can carry on this season and if they made a decent job of it who knows they may be offered the post full time when we move to Barton in 2012.

Like I have already stated above if it's all about showing our head-coach Mr McRae the door and all of a sudden we will start to win games and climb up the Super League table then bring it on now rather than in July when the Reds will find out if we are to be granted another three-year ticket in the top flight.[/i

BUT FOR NOW GET OVER TO WAKEFIELD ON SUNDAY AND AT LEAST SHOW THE PLAYERS THAT THE FANS ARE BEHIND THEM 100%..

RANT OVER....

a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9088
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2751.jpg
[img:384wf39t]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/kingoftheshed/salford2.jpg[/img:384wf39t] Les Diables Rouges Originaux - 1934 [color=red:384wf39t][i:384wf39t][b:384wf39t]Founding member of the "Neil Baker is/was/always will be God" Supporters Club (Est. 1985) & still The official No1 (Salford based) Kevin 'Buddha' McGuinness - Supporter![/b:384wf39t][/i:384wf39t][/color:384wf39t]:2751.jpg

As many have said, if we can't pay him off then just put him on gardening leave, he's already getting paid to do a job he's not doing so don't worry about his wages, and his already damaging the club so we can't let that continue. Let Hunte, Veivers and maybe Alker do the coaching and let Simms look after the managerial stuff until we've saved enough to ditch McRae.

It'd be interesting to hear a players view on all this however.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1217.jpg
Knowledge flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings:1217.jpg

And it's only conjecture that it's finance that is the problem.

Clearly the board have dug into their pockets again in the run up to this year, so cash was available - to pay Mr McRae off and recruit another coach will cost some more but if it isn't done then the situation will just go on getting worse, that seems blindingly obvious.

My sincere hope is that negotiations are going on as we speak so that Mr McRae can leave with some dignity - the usual phrase is "by mutual consent", and that there is a credible and capable replacement lined up - whilst some of tha Aussie names sound exciting - John Cartwright, ANdrew Dunneman etc I doubt any of those would be available at very short notice, my ideal I think would be Nobby Noble brought in with Alan Hunte promoted to assistant manager.

However I do think that for any new manager to come in, he would need to look long and hard at the whole coaching set up which has failed to deliver for so many years now

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach803No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31375_1310734455.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31375.jpg

Quote: king of the shed "As many have said, if we can't pay him off then just put him on gardening leave, he's already getting paid to do a job he's not doing so don't worry about his wages, and his already damaging the club so we can't let that continue. Let Hunte, Veivers and maybe Alker do the coaching and let Simms look after the managerial stuff until we've saved enough to ditch McRae.

It'd be interesting to hear a players view on all this however.'"

[iDon't we have a 100% win record under Simms? icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

I do not ' hate ' Shaun McRae and I refuse to believe that just by removing him all our shortcommings will be solved.

McRae has never been sacked whilst head coach of a club ... as far as I can remembermoved[/i onto a administrating role by the new owners who appointed Ex Paramatta Coach Jason Taylor, who had originally been appointed as his assistant.

at the end of 2006 He then left his new position with South Sydney and looked for another Full Time coaching role , and was offered a position at Salford following the resignation of Karl Harrison mid way through 2007.

He has stated on more than occassion that he will not resign ( walk away ) , so the only course would be to restructure the coaching set up to sideline or appoint another ' assistant coach ' to help with McRae's duties.

I cannot see someone like a Brian Noble etc taking on the job this season , New coaches will insist on bring in their own ' team ' and we have neither the time , finance or capability to do this in season. So I cannot see the point of bandying all these names around , it's not going to happen !

McRae's popularity with our fans has always been muted at best .and his more recent interviews with the press have not helped .

Our club has in the past been linked with ' player - power ' under performing - Garry Jack - Andy Gregory for instance. I sincerely hope that our current players are not engaged on a similar course , if they are my view is our players need to find their backbone, grow at set.... and deliver the results we need to sort out the future of our club.

We have played against one Club with an uncertain future who pasted us , and are due to play another team who will be playing like their whole future depends on it .
I hope our team realises theirs does too and soon .. no matter who is supposed to be in charge .

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

Good post.

Player power is something Mr Wilkinson will be wary off.

However, the issue here is can we carry on as we saw. We have only one win and that over Swinton (no disrespect). We are not playing at all well: the two SL performances have been summed up in the press as "abject".

The pressure is on our coaches to turn this around with no mercy expected from Wakefield or both sets of fans.

If it is a set of players causing ruptions, then the pressure is on Simms to stop this by any means including disciplinary action. That is his job.

I'll be at Wakey.

20 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
20 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.4794921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent