JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just been down to the ground as I have a couple of causal supporters with us tonight, purchased & picked up tickets for tonight's game. Although me & a group of supporters have a season ticket for the west stand we asked for unreserved seats in the east & actually watched the last home game from the east stand & enjoyed the view & certainly wanted to make our home in the east stand.
The reason for wanting unreserved seats in the first place was our group always as casual supporters with us. Unfortunately we have a seat number allocated in the west stand & friends we bring along now & again will now be elsewhere, this will not encourage new or casual supporter to come to the game unless the east stand is open & as friends we can enjoy the games together which is part of the crack.
I know we can stand behind the sticks but I only enjoy the game from the side, think again Salford you need to plan unreserved seating & ideally this should & could be in the east stand.
Finally I bet when we are on telly we will then be encouraged to sit in the east stand to make it look full.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13327No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8959.gif
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com:3muwinhv][img:3muwinhv]http://i.imgur.com/V599P.gif[/img:3muwinhv][/url:3muwinhv] [quote="spooneryork":3muwinhv]:shock: There's more chance of Labour getting re-elected than Salfords new stadium ever getting built.[/quote:3muwinhv]:8959.gif

Why not just find a block of seats with no one in them and sit together? It's not like the stand is sold out

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

East stand seems to be becoming quite popular for the casual fan. The unreserved seating aspect gives you the advantage of being able to wander in and get the best seats on the half way line, which are pretty much all taken in the West stand.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thank Karlos13 you answered for me! I could pick a group of seats in the West stand only to be told by someone arriving later that I am sat in his seats! No let try & be logical lets have some unreserved seats.

I have also been reallocated new seats in the West stand due to the re-introduction of a new card & my 4 year old grandson is now completely in another section.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: redgunner "Thank Karlos13 you answered for me! I could pick a group of seats in the West stand only to be told by someone arriving later that I am sat in his seats! No let try & be logical lets have some unreserved seats.

I have also been reallocated new seats in the West stand due to the re-introduction of a new card & my 4 year old grandson is now completely in another section.'"

No worries I am leaning towards going in the east stand for a few games myself, especially with the stewards seemingly relaxed approach to people standing on the back row.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Pretty sad state of affairs. The players won't exactly get a boost walking out to the view of an empty stand, and it will hardly give a positive impression on Superleague Fulltime, Boots n All and the Superleague Show.

Just rip the seats out, make it a terrace, and if you want to close a stand, close the south one.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15_1451944442.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15.gif

Just to add - will we be playing in front of two closed stands next week?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3253No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1066_1345755623.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1066.jpg

The non-opening of the East stand to me shows a complete lack of ambition on a match day. They clearly didn't cater for any kind of emergency opening of the stand due to the lack of stewards brought in for the day.... imagine... lets just imagine... 5,000 people had decided to go to the game last minute... New stadium... half of it closed... If the club don't give a rake of tickets out to local schools in the next week... I'll be massively disappointed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach567No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11600.gif
:11600.gif

apparently they could not afford to open the east stand though i think it more down to can not afford to man it, but the lights where all on and today all the external lights are on in the stadium. major teething problems from the management company, g4s etc parking is terrible you pay £50 a season to park an they try and put u on waste land right of the stadium.

issue with time getting out is down to the fact most want to go right to the motorway in the long run i think it would be better to direct all to irlam and turn round at the either the airfield or further down.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1647No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB73.gif
OUR DAY WILL COME:cartoons/WB73.gif

the north sand will not be required on friday for 10 fans
so why not open the east stand with offer of buy one get a 2nd ticket half price

as for the road out apart from a road over MSC, a roundabout is required at the Irlam exit from the ground
there is space to do it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, male/MALE2.JPG
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip facebook Devil in The Detail SRD [url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url] catch up here [url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url] ***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***:Humans, male/MALE2.JPG

Can we just cut to the chase we want the east stand open because its unreserved seating which means people can sit at the front and people who want to stand can go to the back all this talk about school trips looking at the west stand around the edges there was a good hundred seats free stick them there.

When there is a demand for the east to be open I'm sure they will open it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

True it doesn't look good with one stand closed this week and undoubtedly two stands closed next week and I agree we need more attendees. but (and I am not one of them) what must Season Ticket Holders make of the constant dishing out of free tickets when they have paid for a full season yet it's possible for me to get in free every week?!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: The Realist "True it doesn't look good with one stand closed this week and undoubtedly two stands closed next week and I agree we need more attendees. but (and I am not one of them) what must Season Ticket Holders make of the constant dishing out of free tickets when they have paid for a full season yet it's possible for me to get in free every week?!'"

To increase the support base of the club is vital, but also probably THE most difficult thing to achieve , one way would be to have a winning team topping the league and getting trophies on a regular basis , but that is unlikely and still not a guarantee to increase your support

So, what can you do?
Lets look at what you have?

1, Relatively no money to spend
2, A team that will most likely finish in the bottom half of SL
3, A nice shiny new stadium ( although parts arent quite that ' shiny ' icon_wink.gif )
4 , A SL licence

So how can you best use the above to increase you support base?

You mention that free tickets would get abused? , true, if you dont control their usage properly, this you can do by only having them in the East stand , use your community dept, get into the schools around Irlam,Cadishead,Sale,Trafford and the other local area's

All tickets given out to be family tickets only, no kids no entrance, early entrance coupled with activities organised through the community dept, no transfers to the other stands , no alcohol sales in the ' family ' stand

Quite simply ' get them in ' , only then can you sell your club to them, you need to get them in in big numbers, its no good putting 200 in, get 1500 in all at one go, find cheap merchandise, t shirts , hats, bloody vuvuzelas if you have to and get them making noise, collect their ' data ' do this 3 times, 4 th game offer them all a cheap ticket, 20 quid for 2 adults and up to 4 kids

Show faith in your coaching staff, their ' remit ' should be attacking RL, even if it costs you the odd loss, their job is to , ' entertain ' as much as win , you cannot be relegated, use that fact especially at home matches

Continue to do this season upon season, there is no magic wand you can wave, only by taking risks, showing initiative and hard work will you get what you want, just having a team playing every other week is no longer enough

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Odd as it sounds but thought the closed stand looked brilliant on Friday, nice to see the old banners up but thought all the advertising really made it stand out compared to when the first couple of games were held and it had nothing on it.

Agree with others that the design is flawed and that they really should have made that all standing and had the South stand a dedicated family stand, would have looked better for SKY and the corporate bods. Still though every time I go the new place is growing on me, no grotty lavs, no squeezing beer from cans, no mad rush to beet the stewards at half time and best of all an improving team on the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Odd as it sounds but thought the closed stand looked brilliant on Friday, nice to see the old banners up but thought all the advertising really made it stand out compared to when the first couple of games were held and it had nothing on it.

Agree with others that the design is flawed and that they really should have made that all standing and had the South stand a dedicated family stand, would have looked better for SKY and the corporate bods. Still though every time I go the new place is growing on me, no grotty lavs, no squeezing beer from cans, no mad rush to beet the stewards at half time and best of all an improving team on the pitch.'"

It really is daft when Warrington have the best layout for RL and their stadium was essentially the 1 st one built and yet others, including The LSV havent copied it icon_rolleyes.gif

74 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
74 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.23828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM