JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Wondered what the consensus was about him by your fans?

The way I see it is, on one hand, without him you would almost have certainly gone down instead of Bradford

However, if he had interfered less, and just stuck with Brian Noble, you would probably be comfortably in the top 8 by now

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1840
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10584_1394444480.jpg
[b:1v2j60yx][size=100:1v2j60yx][color=#FF0000:1v2j60yx]@Matt_Y_83[/color:1v2j60yx][/size:1v2j60yx][/b:1v2j60yx]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10584.jpg

Agree with everything apart from point on Noble.

Noble was a dinosaur who took us back years!! Koukash should of stuck by Veivers if you ask me!

RankPostsTeam
International Star783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Seems to be all wind and baggy pants. He says he is going to do this and that, ends up doing nothing. He say's once a Red devil always a Red Devil, then talks about possibly leaving. If he does leave he will be seen as a quitter

In like Flynn ( Errol Flynn was a film star in Hollywood 1940s he arrived in blaze of glory, lasted a couple of years then faded away)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Noble as the distinction of being the coach who broke the salary cap at Bradford, Wigan & Salford looks good on his CV

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but looking back I think he's obviously made a few costly mistakes. It can't be easy running a club like Salford and I imagine it to be a much harder than people think. However, these are the decisions I feel he got wrong.

1. Going it alone and not finding directors to bounce off and invest time and money in the club. I think paid staff only tell you what they want you to hear.
2. Appointing a CEO with zero knowledge of the sport and then appointing himself with limited knowledge.
3. Not appointing a knowledgeable and experienced rugby advisor like Tim Sheen's sooner.
4. Taking a gamble on a rookie coach like Harris with so many personalities in the dressing room and not identifying the problem sooner.
5. Airing his grievences publicly and turning the RFL against him and indirectly the club.
6. Interfearing with team matters. (If what I've heard is true)
7. Impatience to succeed rather than steady progress and a longer term success plan.
8. Not being able to retain top young players like Sneyd and Fages who came through the youth system. If you can't keep hold of your best kids and you have the money it sends out a really negative message about your club.

It's apparent since Tim Sheens came over that he steadied the ship but the club are now paying for mistakes that were made before his appointment. I don't think anyone would disagree for the money he's invested it's been a disaster.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29368.jpg
:29368.jpg

Agree with all the above points and number 7 especially has been the major reason. The bull in the china shop approach just hasn't worked. Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing but I think from day 1 some of his thinking was flawed.
It's a shame this year that we was very close to being on the right path. But for some close defeats and the points deduction this season could have been so different.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain356No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

And thankfully Koukash has gone at the end of the season so hopefully when the new owner comes in hopefully we can start again and put this facking diaster of the past 3 odd years behind us. Not everyone will agree with the semi merger but Sale have a very good board of directors and marketing team which we've missed so badly. We've already been sharing the carrington training ground with them already for the past month.

RankPostsTeam
International Star179No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's seems to me Koucash dosent take notice of anyone.When he first came he should have sought advice from someone like Adrian Morley as to the playing side and coaches.Then he should have sought an administrator who was proven in Rugby League.But the biggest think he should have done was keep out of the way.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

I couldn't make the church meeting but remember the days after as some of the hollowest in my life. He saved that and I thank him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

I think there was far too many changes in personnel within the first couple of years on and off the field. The balance of the squad was all wrong with players joining us simply for the money or to ramp up their retirement pots. There was obviously very little emphasis on team camaraderie and getting players to buy into the 136 year history of Salford RLFC.

I think the timing of the rebranding was a monumental error because to me it still has a feel of a newly formed club. I think when you move to a new stadium you have to take your history and memories with you rather than choosing to acknowledge that it ever existed.

If the club ends up with new owner(s) my advice would be to use our long history as a sentimental/emotional lever to try and get lapsed supporters back on board. One thing I know about many Salford people is just how proud they are of their roots and the club needs to exploit this.

RankPostsTeam
International Star12No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

full of hot air, like to ask him when i see him
1 wheres the shop we were promised in the lowry ?? (were not even trusted to sell our own merchandise because we dont pay our suppliers)
2 water park ??
3 training facilities near the ground and a hotel ??
4 we still letting our young talent to go elsewhere when he said them days were over ?? worryingly im hearing evalds is off at the end of season whether we stay up or relegated & MK the reason again.
First thing i learnt in business is never promise anything you cant deliver, never let the customer down as they remember that more than the 100s of times you delivered on goods/promises.
his usual excuse is the fans not turning up but the way i see it supporting salford atm is like being in an abusive relationship and I keep going back for more but sooner or later its got to stop, 30 years ive been a supporter and ive never felt this bad, its a chore going to games now and shouldn't be like that.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: onehotegg "full of hot air, like to ask him when i see him
1 wheres the shop we were promised in the lowry Centre ?? (were not even trusted to sell our own merchandise because we dont pay our suppliers)
2 water park ??
3 training facilities near the ground and a hotel ??
4 we still letting our young talent to go elsewhere when he said them days were over ?? worryingly im hearing evalds is off at the end of season whether we stay up or relegated & MK the reason again.
First thing i learnt in business is never promise anything you cant deliver, never let the customer down as they remember that more than the 100s of times you delivered on goods/promises.
his usual excuse is the fans not turning up but the way i see it supporting salford atm is like being in an abusive relationship and I keep going back for more but sooner or later its got to stop, 30 years ive been a supporter and ive never felt this bad, its a chore going to games now and shouldn't be like that.'"

Points 1 to 3 were all promised once he purchased the stadium.Why would he want to purchase the stadium,now?

The appointment of Noble would appear to be on the advice of the RFL - just as Noble went to Crusaders when they began with the 'dodgy' owners at Wrexham,and he has gone to Toronto,Canada,with the new owners of the Wolfpack - almost certainly on advice of the RFL.

The guy has had nothing but bad luck and bad timing since Noble and his signings started to arrive.

RankPostsTeam
International Star50No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

• First and foremost I think he’s a liar. He is a Doctor of Engineering and has a Masters in bull, What happened to all his promises? I mean wasn’t he going to sue Gareth Hock and Leigh, if they played him against us in the cup? Club shop / state of the art academy / NRL team / Young talent never leaving again – the list is actually endless.

• I don’t think he’s put as much money into the club as he makes out,. As far as I am aware he hasn't paid a penny back of the inherited cva, I believe it is actually deferred till December. It is then he has to start paying back the large sum owed to council. Any coincidence that he is now looking to jump ship, months before it is due? I also think the reason for not changing the club badge on the stadium following the re-brand is purely a money issue.

• He is impossible to work for, coaching staff / to players do I blame anyone for leaving, no. Do I believe the players when they tell stories of him not paying? Absolutely.

• The RFL agenda is tiresome, im beginning to think he’s exaggerating it so he has a ‘reason to leave’

• He appointed his own independent tribunal and still lost, but he continues to blame the RFL?

• He has absolutely no marketing strategy what so ever, he is reactive rather than proactive. If he thinks fans really have no excuse because he has reduced tickets to £10 for a relegation battle with London, he is more insane than I thought.

• Attendances have dropped to an all-time low, after the points deduction which may I add was HIS fault. And now he is blaming the fans, again I think the reason he is highlighting this is so he has an excuse to why he has jumped ship.

• When confronted with any serious questions ie his interview with Dave Woods on backchat, he makes a joke of it. When faced with difficult and challenging questions on social media he will block you. And you don’t even have to abuse him, it’s just that he doesn’t agree with you! I have asked him for an interview when he leaves, as I have many a question I would like answering. Will he take me up on it, I very much doubt it.

• In fact didn’t he once make a ridiculous suggestion that the council actually owe Salford £800k – what ever happened to that?

I mean he himself said he has been a miserable failure as owner of Salford, well he is bang on there.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach551
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38636.jpg
:38636.jpg

Maybe purchasing the stadium should've been number 1 on the list, as it was never going to happen, lip service just like the original points 1-3.

Who knows if he'd have gone about things the right way, gotten the rebrand right, got the right coach (TS) in from the start, employed a proven chief exec, things could've been a hell of a lot different right now 3 years down the line.
All hindsight I know but crowds could've been easily averaging 7k and Koukash may have realised his dream this season.
Instead, yes we have had a great team this year and played the best rugby for as long as I can remember but where are we.....
1. Probably in the MPG with the potential of relegation.
2. The owner leaving.
3. Most of our current squad which we've finally managed to see playing as a team will probably leave.

Oh what it's like to be a Salford fan.

RankPostsTeam
International Star12No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mr Scholes. "

• When confronted with any serious questions ie his interview with Dave Woods on backchat, he makes a joke of it. When faced with difficult and challenging questions on social media he will block you. And you don’t even have to abuse him, it’s just that he doesn’t agree with you! I have asked him for an interview when he leaves, as I have many a question I would like answering. Will he take me up on it, I very much doubt it
'"

i questioned him on the marketing and suggested he listened to steve gills interview on radio yorks and guess what ?? next day im blocked on twitter.......

18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.25732421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Loiner at la
3m
Leigh it is
Fujiman
4m