JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6229_1376464756.jpg
He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6229.jpg

Really important that we built on last weeks win and that's exactly what we have done. A bit squeaky at times but we got over the line. Incidentally we have taken all our points from teams in Yorkshire or London...well done Reds keep the wins coming.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach603No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A confident and professional first half, where we defended like we knew exactly what Hull were going to do with the ball - credit to the coaching staff for that. The drop goal was genius, and made all the difference when Hull were fighting back.
The Chase interception, the Hansen tackle, the try where every player seemed to be backing up all made this a very memorable night. Thank you Salford!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Good result but the second half performance was just not good enough. Playing with a man advantage we should have put Hull to the sword and not clung on.

Positives MCB, Walne, Evalds and Walton showing we have the youth to progress over the coming seasons.

Negatives the Griffins double dose of the dropsies.

RankPostsTeam
International Star618No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Apart from a few lapses that was a good win, first half defence was top class I thought walne n hansen was outstanding! Chase just edged them both! Overall I'm happy we may just get top8 next week is crucial!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28490_1361478234.jpg
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28490.jpg

Quote: SRLFC JK "A confident and professional first half, where we defended like [sizewe knew exactly what Hull [/size[sizewere[/size [sizegoing to do with the ball[/size - credit to the coaching staff for that. The drop goal was genius, and made all the difference when Hull were fighting back.
The Chase interception, the Hansen tackle, the try where every player seemed to be backing up all made this a very memorable night. Thank you Salford!'"

Well please could you let us know what we were going to do with it, because it appeared that none of them had the slightest idea.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

What I did think was that the atmosphere tonight was the best I've experienced at Barton since the move.

What I also thought was what would/will it be like with a winning team that challenges for the SL title or the cup.

Christ though do we need a taxi rank setting up outside as nearly swam home in that rain, much easier getting in with the partial opening of the new road and so good too see progress on that front.

Said too a few people at the game and those I've run into tonight afterwards but I honestly think in 10/15 years time the name we will be remembering is not Kevin Locke but MCB, the lad has that certain ***** and will I'm certain prove too be a try scoring machine. If I was a gambler I'd stick a little wager on him finishing top try scorer this season despite the head start Meli already has.

RankPostsTeam
International Star618No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Nice to see hull fans on there board are gracious in defeat, calling us a very poor side! Well if we're very poor I'd like to think what they are!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: Fozzysalforddevil "Nice to see hull fans on there board are gracious in defeat, calling us a very poor side! Well if we're very poor I'd like to think what they are!'"

You should know by now that whenever Salford win it's due to the fact the other side played poorly. Once that reason has been rolled out, the attention turns to our attendances like that somehow makes up the difference after a teams lost to us. Finally, they turn to MK usually with a 'hilarious' pun on his surname and how he will be off next week never to be seen again.

We should give it it's own medical name.

'Bell-end Syndrome' (After the AJ Bell)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Hull FC's form has fallen off the map during the last few weeks of the season. But still always a team who can test you if your not on your game.

Given they have just bought a new halfback partnership for next year, could this explain some of their drop recently.

Hull are going to struggle to make top 8, which I would not have thought at the start of the year.

Think that win makes it almost certain that Bradford are down and out even with the 6 points returned.

For Salford it's a great win, may give confidence going forwards into next year that better things lay ahead, always key when it comes to season ticket renewals.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: bewareshadows "Hull FC's form has fallen off the map during the last few weeks of the season. But still always a team who can test you if your not on your game.

Given they have just bought a new halfback partnership for next year, could this explain some of their drop recently.

Hull are going to struggle to make top 8, which I would not have thought at the start of the year.

Think that win makes it almost certain that Bradford are down and out even with the 6 points returned.

For Salford it's a great win, may give confidence going forwards into next year that better things lay ahead, always key when it comes to season ticket renewals.'"

You're right in saying that going forwards these type of wins and performance are key. Regardless of the play-offs this season (I'll be shocked if we make it) it's important that the team gets to experience that winning mentality and confidence and remain hungry for it going into pre-season. We've seen consistent improvement over recent weeks and I'd like a really strong finish to the season, regardless of results. The team is starting to really find its feet and Harris has to take a lot of the credit.

He identified immediately where we were lacking. Pace, defensive structure, attitude, and work ethic. In a short turnaround and without a pre-season he's managed to put these into effect, as well as bringing in pacey young replacements for the knackered old farts out wide. I'll hold my hand up and say I was not enthused with Harris coming in but he's made a massive difference and I wonder where we would be if he'd have been in place from the start.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Unless I'm missing it,nobody has picked out several unsung heroes.
TP is at the top of his game and Tommy Lee is playing tremendously well for the full 80 minutes and keeping Tomkins out ( unless he's carrying an injury ).
Theo is now looking very comfortable in the team,rather than a kid struggling to make the next step up.
Full marks to Harris.
I also agree with Michigan Red that MCB could turn out to be the stellar signing.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg

Quote: Bonita Red "Unless I'm missing it,nobody has picked out several unsung heroes.
TP is at the top of his game and Tommy Lee is playing tremendously well for the full 80 minutes and keeping Tomkins out ( unless he's carrying an injury ).
Theo is now looking very comfortable in the team,rather than a kid struggling to make the next step up.
Full marks to Harris.
I also agree with Michigan Red that MCB could turn out to be the stellar signing.'"

Agree with all that. TP has slipped under the radar this year. He's been consistently good for us and is putting in some great performances. I'm being made to eat my words with Lee who is playing very well, and like you said, Fages is looking like he's gone up a few gears.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

You see Fages playing like that it really does make me wonder why we've gone for Dobson, for me we'd have been better getting Brierley from Leigh and having Chase & Fages as the starting halves next season.

I'd certainly keep TP for another season and play him more in the front row, along with Walne when he comes on we don't lose any forward momentum with the interchanges.

RankPostsTeam
International Star21No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The reason why we have gone for Dobson is that he a fully established player with leadership qualities and also a goal kicker. I agree Fagas is a good player but he needs to step up a bit and under the direction of Dobson and Chase then that will only put him in good stead. He is only young and obviously the coaching staff will want to keep him happy etc but to have Dobson and Chase at 6/7 is a must for me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach191
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40196_1498588300.jpg
[size=85:20ld09ej][color=#0000FF:20ld09ej][b:20ld09ej]Getting drunk today is simply a case of borrowing happiness from tomorrow![/b:20ld09ej][/color:20ld09ej][/size:20ld09ej]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40196.jpg

Quote: TheButcher "You're right in saying that going forwards these type of wins and performance are key. Regardless of the play-offs this season (I'll be shocked if we make it) it's important that the team gets to experience that winning mentality and confidence and remain hungry for it going into pre-season. We've seen consistent improvement over recent weeks and I'd like a really strong finish to the season, regardless of results. The team is starting to really find its feet and Harris has to take a lot of the credit.

He identified immediately where we were lacking. Pace, defensive structure, attitude, and work ethic. In a short turnaround and without a pre-season he's managed to put these into effect, as well as bringing in pacey young replacements for the knackered old farts out wide. I'll hold my hand up and say I was not enthused with Harris coming in but he's made a massive difference and I wonder where we would be if he'd have been in place from the start.'"

Ditto.
I think Iestyn Harris has been instrumental in our gradual improvement and it's paying dividends now. There is a proper team spirit at the moment i.e. when Hull scored last night there was a concerned enthusiastic huddle rather than the usual heads down despondent one.
I thought the first half performance was one of a team that's certainly starting to gel. We were under pressure for a long time in the first 20 minutes and defended very well. Then Rangi's interception was something that normally happens to us when we put a team under pressure.
The second half I thought we were "unlucky" to get 4 penalties for stealing the ball on the 4th or 5th tackle when we were defending very well. Add that together with a couple of basic mistakes put us under pressure.
I also agree with MR that our own youth players are starting to come on in leaps & bounds this year. It could be top do with the fact that our couch has the faith to put them in the team and play regularly. It's probably also because they're playing with better players who are treating them as an integral part of "Team Salford".
It's great to be a salford fan again and look forward to the games!

29 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
29 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.4052734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
Film game
Wanderer
4m