JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6_1349433453.gif
[b:n88fp6ad][size=100:n88fp6ad]RLFANS.COM news items are posted in forums where it is thought that they will be of interest to the readership, all comments made below will also be available for viewing through the front page.[/size:n88fp6ad][/b:n88fp6ad]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6.gif

Red Devils Fight Back to Disappoint the RobinsIn a repeat of last seasons 'Million Pound Game' thriller, Super League’s high-flying Salford Red Devils had a Challenge Cup sixth round date with Championship leaders Hull KR. The Robins were out for revenge after last seasons heartbreak but it would be an uphill struggle against a Devils side who have found top form in 2017.

The difference in divisions meant that the Red Devils were massive favourites with the bookies but try telling that to KR and their travelling mass of supporters from east Yorkshire. While the main priority for the Robins is a quick return to the top flight, tonight was all about the Cup and getting one over on Marwan Koukash’s side.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...
Red Devils Fight Back to Disappoint the RobinsIn a repeat of last seasons 'Million Pound Game' thriller, Super League’s high-flying Salford Red Devils had a Challenge Cup sixth round date with Championship leaders Hull KR. The Robins were out for revenge after last seasons heartbreak but it would be an uphill struggle against a Devils side who have found top form in 2017.

The difference in divisions meant that the Red Devils were massive favourites with the bookies but try telling that to KR and their travelling mass of supporters from east Yorkshire. While the main priority for the Robins is a quick return to the top flight, tonight was all about the Cup and getting one over on Marwan Koukash’s side.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach551
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38636.jpg
:38636.jpg

We'll see if you bottle it again in the mpg icon_wink.gif

The response was in reply to the immature WUM.

We know our crowds are p!ss poor we don't need reminding every 30 seconds by other teams bitter fans and I can't ever see them drastically improving until we actually win something again and all the glory hunters come knocking.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Quote: DirkDiggler "We'll see if you bottle it again in the mpg
I've come to the conclusion recently that I don't think Salford will ever get massive crowds regardless of how we perform. There is little evidence to support the idea that success will bring people flooding in. We always said the Willows was the reason we couldn't grow the crowds. Then we said it was year after mediocre year. While I realise that a brilliant half season requires building on, the response from stay-away fans so far is quite poor. We have shown a gain in averages this season so far but it's been very small in comparison to what's happening on the pitch. I think if the Club can get a regular 5000+ within the next five years we'll be doing very well. I really do think our ceiling is around the 5-6k mark.

I think a partial answer to the question is that peoples income is already stretched pretty thin in all areas, and with football being dominant, it takes a huge chunk of money out of the hands of the very people we're trying to get to come. A couple of season tickets at UTD or City will be setting back a Families income considerably, and as a consequence force them to always give preferential treatment of their time to this spare time activity. After all, if you're forking-out a good chunk of your annual income on season tickets you're going to be damn sure you get to every match.

Now there's talk of this name change nonsense which if true will only alienate a large chunk of the fans we already have. Plus I see very little value of renaming. It's certainly not going to bring in hordes of extra new fans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach551
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38636.jpg
:38636.jpg

I totally concur Butcher and as I stated in a previous post we never have had a large following since as long as I've been following the club since the late 80's.

If we did (and I know it's a big if) win something then I personally do think we would see an increase, not of a biblical proportion but a few thousand which would then gradually taper off unless we kept the momentum going.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

We can only hope that consistent success will keep them trickling in. The great year we're having wont last forever, and I fear what may happen when we hit an inevitable slump. I do think an area the club really hasn't bothered with but should is marketing surrounding areas for disgruntled football/sport fans. On the other forum there's a an introduce yourself thread and interestingly the non-Salford born fans that have contributed often come from outlying districts after having become fed-up with whatever sport they were currently following. If nothing else it shows that there is an interest from potential new fans in different areas outside of Salford itself. Imagine how many could be lured to the AJ if they were aware? It does seem that the Club is flogging a dead horse trying to get the Salford public to come, who are either indifferent or their priorities lie with the round ball game. There is a hardcore support for the club in Salford but I think they already attend games, if not regularly then at least most of the time. For Salford to have a future they need to extend their reach further afield, but retain the name and identity at the same time.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach655No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Todd Snape Wilkinson Koukash The Faithful!:

All points noted aside, how do you explain a crowd of circa 7.5k for a season opener a few years back.

A bit of sustained promotion from the powers that be seemed to turn a few heads. Admittedly, we know how that season panned out, imagine what we could do with that kind of sustained effort and promotion if we were riding high in the league....oh, wait a minute.... icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't buy in to the effort that bleasey was going on about at the start of the season in what appeared to be the odd appearance at local supermarkets...it needs to be sustained
- even he's gone quiet.....

They start so many initiatives and they never follow them through (fans board anyone?)....it's no surprise there is apathy - everything appears to be half d (fans efforts excluded).

As many have said previously, sustained good results and, god forbid, a final appearance will work wonders....I am in no doubt!

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.470703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Khlav Kalash
12m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
26m