May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59792_1310683391.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59792.jpg

I'd second that as well, especially in 2003. Having only been a fan since 1998, my time was hardly littered with success, so it was nice to visit some different grounds and win for a change. Plus beating Leigh maybe six times in a season icon_biggrin.gif.

3: Demonstrations of Salford spirit? The Shed when it was bouncing, or still singing away despite a lobsided scoreline.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4159No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1602.jpg
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time; Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme. There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify; Political ends, as sad remains, will die.:1602.jpg

1. Either that embarrassing defeat to Warrington at Murrayfield (at least our other hammerings were only witnessed by one set of 'other fans', OR the game v Leeds when Botham's son made his debut: I was at a conference in Llandudno but skipped the 4 course meal and the evening meeting to drive to the Willows, watch us being nilled, drive back, could not get owt to eat,and get a royal rollocking from the national executive the next day for missing the evening function.

2. That "recent" victory over Leeds at Leeds. BF, your expression was priceless.

3. I hope I never miss the Salford fans with which I have grown up. We are possibly the hardest SL club to support. In a football-mad area that dismisses our sport and with 30+ years of grief. Only the best could have stuck it out.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3596.jpg
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is merely the end of the beginning [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/oguinn.gif[/img:1mcv36at] [img:1mcv36at]http://homepage.eircom.net/~bray/em/msperv-l.gif[/img:1mcv36at]:3596.jpg

1. Worst memories - Definitely the drubbing away at Bradford and the semi final challenge cup loss at Headingley. Losing the other two Challenge Cup semi finals, one at Burnden Park against Wigan, if we had drawn either of the other semi finalist that day (Hull or Oldham we would have gone to Wembley!) the other semi at Central Park V Saints. Every time a game was called off due to bad weather at The Willows. Every defeat apart from the one against Keighley on a balmy Wednesday night, one of the best games of RL I have witnessed!

2. Best memories - Travelling to and beating Catalan away the first time. Beating the all conquering pies in the challenge cup. The first Semi Final at Burnden Park V Wigan, even though we lost heavily on a terrible rainy day it just stood out as a great memory along with the defeat in the Lancashire cup final against Wigan at Knowsley Rd. Travelling to watch us away in the 80's, one stand out memory was away at Blackpool Borough when Les Boyd got sent off after a fight only for the Blackpool player to be sent to the stands too and he chased Boyd threatening to hit him, as we shouted to Boyd he turned around and put up the old boxing stance and the Blackpool player decided to give it a miss. The re-play away at Workington after we had drew 9-9 at The Willows in the 2nd Div Premiership, we slaughtered them with Martin Birkett scoring a hat-trick. Standing at the back of the shed on the ledge with my shoulder in the girder with my dad and all the family when I first started going and the flat caps and aroma of Oxo/Hot Vimto and piped tobacco. My mum working in the dressing rooms from my childhood right the way through to my adulthood and having every day access to the ground! The smell of liniment on everything we owned! The day Hull FC supporters came to The Willows in droves and trashed the place, invading the pitch and wrecking The Variety Centre. Sunday games in the eighties when me dad would take us in the Variety Centre after a game and buy us a coke with a slice of lemon and a cherry in! Away games at Station Rd. Jeez I could go on and on and on!

Demonstrations of Salford spirit - Still being here after all the sh/te they have put us through!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

Worst moments - too many surely ,St Thomas Church Dec 2012 , the last few minutes of the 1998 semi final at Headingley , the last minute of the final game against Cas in 2002.

Best memories - Any Wigan win , Beating Keighley in the 1995 season ? and the team doing the Cougar Crawl. Actually seeing Salford win at Headingley in 2009.

Demonstrations of Salford spirit - when we applauded London Broncos off the field after a particular classly wipping of our hapless home side. still remember the look of confusion on Richie Barnetts face as he walked off.

RankPostsTeam
International Star64
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70928_1398583463.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70928.jpg

Best Moment ....Beating Wigan in 96 in front of a huge crowd
Worst ...............Heartbreak against Sheffield never have i been so close to Wembley and they throu it away!!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: djws61 "Best Moment ....Beating Wigan in 96 in front of a huge crowd
Worst ...............Heartbreak against Sheffield never have i been so close to Wembley and they throu it away!!!!'"

Stood on the terracing at Headingley deciding whereabouts we were going to sit at Wembley.
The best.....anything involving Watkins,Richards etc. (possibly Richards scoring 7 tries against Wire in 2 games one season.)

17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3349609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 16 London Home
YosemiteSam
3m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
3m