Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2011Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:5y2n0hyf][color=#FF0000:5y2n0hyf]Salford City Reds[/color:5y2n0hyf][/b:5y2n0hyf] [b:5y2n0hyf][color=#000000:5y2n0hyf]Pride Of The City[/color:5y2n0hyf][/b:5y2n0hyf] [color=#FF0000:5y2n0hyf][b:5y2n0hyf]Just Gotta' Love Big Phil Leuluai[/b:5y2n0hyf][/color:5y2n0hyf]:

Was that ment to be funny? ^

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2481No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12431.jpg
[url=http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=438945:25xo96kp][img:25xo96kp]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sig.gif[/img:25xo96kp][/url:25xo96kp]:12431.jpg

Quote: The Original Red Devils "I agree with you on that one, but some things I had to get of my chest with some fans constantly on here thinking they can do no wrong and looking down at other fans as though they are scum. Anyway ill end it there were all Salford fans and need to try and all get along a little better, if the atmosphere is ever going to get good again.'"

Whilst I agree with the principle of the second sentence, I feel that the first perhaps represents a kind of 'false status consciousness' within some sectors of the support. The old "that lot think they're better than me/us" attitude. I can't speak for others but in my opinion, for what it's worth, I don't think I'm better than anyone else; I just don't share many aspects of the same culture. Not better, but different. However, if we could focus on the similarities we'd perhaps get somewhere. But, this requires the aforementioned to contribute rather than thinking others look down their noses at them. And, don't expect others to simply join in with behaviour they don't wish to. I.e., singing pointless songs (in my opinion) at inappropriate times. (IMO)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Catbert.gif
:fonds transparents/Catbert.gif

Quote: Red Preacher "Whilst I agree with the principle of the second sentence, I feel that the first perhaps represents a kind of 'false status consciousness' within some sectors of the support. The old "that lot think they're better than me/us" attitude. I can't speak for others but in my opinion, for what it's worth, I don't think I'm better than anyone else; I just don't share many aspects of the same culture. Not better, but different. However, if we could focus on the similarities we'd perhaps get somewhere. But, this requires the aforementioned to contribute rather than thinking others look down their noses at them. And, don't expect others to simply join in with behaviour they don't wish to. I.e., singing pointless songs (in my opinion) at inappropriate times. (IMO)'"

I don't expect anyone to join in songs/chants they don't wish to because i will admit myself half the time i dont join in with them because at times they make me cringe but at the same time if the same group of people start a Salford song of there's a select few that wont join in which in my opinion is childish. The thing is there is obviously a divided in our support and has been for a few seasons i want to go to the games to enjoy the experience not listen to fellow reds fans argue with each other, my original post wasn't to try and have a pop at people but i feel the group who start these songs of get a lot on unwarranted stick and whilst the songs may not be the best at times i don't feel there's any need to take it any further and let it bother people to much and come on here and post about them. We don't have to all see eye to eye and be best pals with each other, i just want all this bitching to stop and start to enjoy the last season at the famous old ground to give it the send of it deserves.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2163No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5348-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg
:icons077e_files/5348-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg

Quote: The Original Red Devils "I don't expect anyone to join in songs/chants they don't wish to because i will admit myself half the time i dont join in with them because at times they make me cringe but at the same time if the same group of people start a Salford song of there's a select few that wont join in which in my opinion is childish. The thing is there is obviously a divided in our support and has been for a few seasons i want to go to the games to enjoy the experience not listen to fellow reds fans argue with each other, my original post wasn't to try and have a pop at people but i feel the group who start these songs of get a lot on unwarranted stick and whilst the songs may not be the best at times i don't feel there's any need to take it any further and let it bother people to much and come on here and post about them. We don't have to all see eye to eye and be best pals with each other, i just want all this bitching to stop and start to enjoy the last season at the famous old ground to give it the send of it deserves.'"

Well said Darren eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif thats what we all should be wanting this season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star44No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2011Nov 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

oohh aahh lloret der mar

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13327No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8959.gif
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com:3muwinhv][img:3muwinhv]http://i.imgur.com/V599P.gif[/img:3muwinhv][/url:3muwinhv] [quote="spooneryork":3muwinhv]:shock: There's more chance of Labour getting re-elected than Salfords new stadium ever getting built.[/quote:3muwinhv]:8959.gif

Quote: Red Preacher " I can't speak for others but in my opinion, for what it's worth, I don't think I'm better than anyone else;'"

He know's he is icon_wink.gif

44 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
44 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3818359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 17 Warrington Away
christopher
14m
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
19m