Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Starbug":19fmvcm8]Have a look on our board at the moment , its very similar Worse in fact because we are looking at being relegated to ' the land that time forgot ' :lol: [/quote:19fmvcm8] [quote="Iain":19fmvcm8]You can get relegated to Hull now? That's harsh.[/quote:19fmvcm8] :lol: [quote="glow":19fmvcm8]I believe so, in fact I was told she was back because they didn’t like the Frogs P!ss!ng in their pool.[/quote:19fmvcm8] [quote="Starbug":19fmvcm8]Them dirty ' frenchies ' get everywhere :wink:[/quote:19fmvcm8] :lol::

Salford City Reds Squad

Patten, Broughton, Henry, Nero, Anderson, Ratchford, Holdsworth, Cashmere, Godwin, Boyle, Neal, L. Adamson, Wild, Smith, Sneyd, Jewitt, Sidlow, Paleaaesina, Gleeson.

Crusaders Squad

Schifcofske, Thomas, Martin, Mellars, Reardon, Sammut, O'Hara, Bryant, Cahill, Chan, Winternstein, James, White, Flower, Moore, Lupton, Johnson, Hanbury, Tansey.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner307No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I dont want this to sound like a big moan at the club just cos we've been beaten, as I know we have limited resources etc, but could anyone with a bit of knowledge (member of staff, FR member, etc) tell us what exactly the club are doing to increase attendances?

I know we have the pub replay thing, schools work etc , but are we doing any marketing for specific 'low attendance' matches? if not why not?

Crusaders did a promotion for their match against Quins....and got 3k plus (without the offer would have been a lot less) Shouldnt we be doing something similar for 'low attendance' matches?

Yes free tickets arent right for EVERY game, but surely for some its ok...or even half price or just something!!

PLus, I still think 20 quid is very expensive for a casual fan. Got a few mates who've been on trial tickets, and would pay 12ish quid to come.....but defo not 20 quid!!

As I say, if anyone with club contacts could tell us what match specific marketing we do, I'd be really interested

Thanks

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

even with free tickets people would not come, we have been at the Willows 110 years yet there are people we live on Salford Precinct in the flats who have no idea where it is, there are very few pubs in Salford to build up support at and get people in. We are not a Rugby city never have been, and i don't think we ever will, and I don't know how to change that, even Swinton supporters trust has more members than the Salford supporters trust, Salford has a general apathy about it and a can't be d attitude. icon_surprised.gifops: icon_cry.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach901No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

To be honest we didn't deserve the win, we had the ball near their line for little patches and looked clueless. We gave our to many stupid penalties like usual which probably lost us the game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011May 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Went to the game -Not great - watched it on TV - not great advertisement for RL.
Can't blame Ref most don't do us any favours but Ganson was OK this time!
Crusaders obviously watched our last 2 performances and defended against Ratchford/Broughton/Patten
We were lacking in passion/aggression and ideas - should have had a better kicking game, perhaps short ball over the top - they were always fast up on defense.
All their 3 tries could be described as lucky or opportunist!
However - always live in hope - will be interesting against Cas next week - usual case will sneak a win or get hammered!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner307No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bigpev "even with free tickets people would not come, we have been at the Willows 110 years yet there are people we live on Salford Precinct in the flats who have no idea where it is, there are very few pubs in Salford to build up support at and get people in. We are not a Rugby city never have been, and i don't think we ever will, and I don't know how to change that, even Swinton supporters trust has more members than the Salford supporters trust, Salford has a general apathy about it and a can't be d attitude.

Thats true, but what are the club doing about it? We had golden angel a few years ago andf that seemed to work - well 6000 against swinton would suggest so anyway

Surely, the club should be doing more then. I drive round wigan and see posters billboards advertising for the warriors....theres just nothing around the salford aread

we need to build crowd momentum now and I would love to know what the clubs plans are for this

93 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
93 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.12109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
5m
Play-offs
Deeeekos
5m