JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

im from nz and live in oz at the moment. I dont know much about salford other than it's next to manchester and i believe the town/city is were adrian morely is from.

i checked it on google maps and saw that familiar league club names of rochdale, oldham, swinton as well as salford are all surrounding manchester city.

anyway was wondering if a manchester magic weekend at manchester uniteds home ground would help promote league in manchester an surrounding area's if the rfl could promote the lower division sides in the area as well as salford with a magic weekend? and is the any connection such as a feeder club deal or possibility of salford having double header with these lower lefvel club to boost the profile? of sport and playing strength

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

The Grand Final is held at Old Trafford every year, a magic weekend involving Rochdale, Oldham and Swinton would look very silly at OT with 76,000 seats available and only 200 fans there.
Rugby League used to be big in Manchester before the war but declined very soon after it and then Football took over with currently 120,000 fans a fortnight going to watch the two clubs in the city.
Manchester Council employ a Rugby Yawnian development officer but not Rugby League, Salford City Reds do work with some schools in Manchester.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach31No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

why did league interest drop in manchester after war? did top sides have poor results for an extended period or something?

i was thinking more of a super league magic weekend at old trafford but with fixtures for oldham, rochdale, swinton at times were they could get some publicity of it, like the night before or be included in the advertising/ marketing for the event.
i guess the grand final is already held from what your saying, but still could be good manchester seem relatively central area for all the super league sides from the noth to get to?

there any link to coronation street with salford? any actors fans? any chance any of them would sign up as no1 suppourter to promote the side? any mentions of the team on the show? i dont whatch coronation st but my grandma used to love the show, back in the day at school couple of us used to copy the accent as a joke, "a pint of lager and a packet of crisps thanks love" ha! anyway if salford has a new stadium lined up how much of a marketing budget dose it have to promote the side?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Holts Sweet Holts Never Drink on an Empty Head BIGPEV THE ONLY MAN TO GET A REAL INJURY AT THE STOOP:icons39ad_files/4795-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Super League would not have a magic weekend in Manchester they are trying to spread the world, by taking Rugby League to the masses, but it sort of worked in South Wales but the team formed down there has moved up to North Wales now so back within the Rugby League heartland when they are trying to expand the game. Scotland is not really a great idea because the Scots hotel owners just put the prices up and there is only a small population in Scotland. They are talking of taking the weekend to Dublin in Ireland in the next few years to try and expand there.
As for Coronation Street the starting credits of the terraced houses are the Langworthy Area of Salford not far from the Willows, but now completely changed from how they look now. More info on Corry can be found on Wikipedia first broadcast 9th december 1960.
Salford City Reds don't do marketing might get people coming to the games.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach35No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

where abouts in oz are you? im from oldham and support salford. well there my second team after oldham. i think theryve just signed up hilda ogden and albert tatlock to help promote this weeks game against wigan( they havent really) ha ha

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach31No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

in melbourne how about yourself oldhaminoz? that joke when over my head a bit i havnt seen that show in years when i was a kid and heard that opening trumpet line on tv that was the cue to jump up an change channels to the other channel we only had 2 channels in nz at the time! i can vaguely remember a geeky looking dude curly or something few years back and a hot part black chick more recently.

im all for expansion of the sport but the other half of it is tradition and got to give traditional areas a shot in the arm ass well in my opinion!

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.5703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
4m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
5m