FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > 80,000 fans for Round 8?
124 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
International Star306No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "No. I wouldn't even accept that. Because it still wouldn't be what we are aiming for. There is no comparison between last ear and this. Just one with massive holes in it that can and will be spun by whoever to whatever agenda they are pushing.'"

so how on gods green earth can you claim attendances arent going up? what stats are you using to back this up? other than "debunking" loiners stats you've yet to provide any evidence to the contrary. please feel free to provide this at your earliest convenience

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: southern_rhino "so how on gods green earth can you claim attendances arent going up? what stats are you using to back this up? other than "debunking" loiners stats you've yet to provide any evidence to the contrary. please feel free to provide this at your earliest convenience'"

Crowds are up. Very very slightly. They are up on average 101 per game. But that is a very very small amount. One which is about 1%. One which would have a million and one different reasons for being very very very slightly up.

In fact it is almost completely made up of the difference between Wigan v Saints last year and Wigan v Saints this year. If for instance Wigan v Leeds gets what it is usually gets (about 15k) rather than what it got last year (nearly 21k) that 'growth' we are claiming has happened has been completely wiped out. If that happens and Wakefield average 500 fans less over the next 6 home games then we are down 1%. There hasn't been a strong indication of anything. And even if there were at this point in the season it would tell us anything because the sample size is very small, the data less than half complete and you are comparing two seasons with some pretty major differences. And Even then we aren't taking into account the we are seeing crowds pretty much half at London and Bradford.

RankPostsTeam
International Star669No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70480_1365464240.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70480.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Crowds are up. Very very slightly. They are up on average 101 per game. But that is a very very small amount. One which is about 1%. One which would have a million and one different reasons for being very very very slightly up.

In fact it is almost completely made up of the difference between Wigan v Saints last year and Wigan v Saints this year. If for instance Wigan v Leeds gets what it is usually gets (about 15k) rather than what it got last year (nearly 21k) that 'growth' we are claiming has happened has been completely wiped out. If that happens and Wakefield average 500 fans less over the next 6 home games then we are down 1%. There hasn't been a strong indication of anything. And even if there were at this point in the season it would tell us anything because the sample size is very small, the data less than half complete and you are comparing two seasons with some pretty major differences. And Even then we aren't taking into account the we are seeing crowds pretty much half at London and Bradford.'"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.) It's Johnson!:18686.jpg

Quote: Jim Pooley "Where's billy when you need him'"

I’m afraid William has been hounded out by the rose tinted brigade.

Due to the new system with the split & all, there can be no comparisons to previous years, this is year one.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg
[quote="Gotcha in 2016":12w08s93]McDermott is going. I actually think he is more relaxed because of it, and seems to have let the shackles go. He apparently asked to finish the season, and that is what they agreed.[/quote:12w08s93] :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "I’m afraid William has been hounded out by the rose tinted brigade.'"

Yeah how dare people be positive when he's trying to troll RLFans day after day, month after month, year after year. Guy's had more dummy spits than Maggie Simpson.

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "
Due to the new system with the split & all, there can be no comparisons to previous years, this is year one.'"

Not at all, the first 23 rounds can be compared with last season up to the play offs. It won't tell the full story but won't be far off and will be a decent indication of how the new system's gone in it's first year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg
[quote="Gotcha in 2016":12w08s93]McDermott is going. I actually think he is more relaxed because of it, and seems to have let the shackles go. He apparently asked to finish the season, and that is what they agreed.[/quote:12w08s93] :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: Jim Pooley "Where's billy when you need him'"

Reading magazines at the cricket I think.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.) It's Johnson!:18686.jpg

Quote: loiner81 "Yeah how dare people be positive when he's trying to troll RLFans day after day, month after month, year after year. Guy's had more dummy spits than Maggie Simpson'"

You can be as positive as you like, & fair play to you, but all William did was publish the attendances week on week to ridicule the statement from the RFL about how crowds were booming, when clearly that wasn’t the case.

Quote: loiner81 "Not at all, the first 23 rounds can be compared with last season up to the play offs. It won't tell the full story but won't be far off and will be a decent indication of how the new system's gone in it's first year.'"

The flaw in Williams weekly analysis was the comparisons between the previous year’s matches. Yet you are happy to implement the same system when it’s apparent there’s a lot of inconsistencies when trying to compare like for like.

So, after the first twenty three rounds, what then, maybe just average the top eight attendances & proclaim to the nation that everything’s hunky-dory.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "I’m afraid William has been hounded out by the rose tinted brigade.'"

He wasn't hounded out, he just disappeared (in a faux outrage/dummy spit) at the banning of other trolling posters.

Truth is his repeated targets are/have become null...because attendance drops won't be as bad this year with the demoting of London and Bradford (although Wakey could offer him some hope).

Sinfield has retired from internationals so he can't hammer that one on the Leeds board (although I'm slightly surprised he didn't rock up on announcement of Sinfield's RU switch)

The Eng/NZ fixtures and venues have been announced so he can't moan about them anymore. (We may hear from him afterwards telling us half the stadium was empty even though photographic proof proves otherwise........and that's largely why he's disappeared, his Club Wembley seats claim that blew up in his face)

Top 8 playoff system rewarding mediocre teams.....that's gone too with a top 4 playoff now.

Basically all his repeated tedious angles have exhausted and he's run out of material....simple as that really. Sure he'll be back in time (probably telling us that Eng/NZ Olympic Stadium tickets are selling for 99p) but for now all he'd really be left with is too talk about actual RL ON FIELD matters.....and I've never seen him display any knowledge of that, like his mate Gutters he can only debate ticket sales/viewing figures/sponsorship deals, nothing actually about the action on the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "You can be as positive as you like, & fair play to you, but all William did was publish the attendances week on week to ridicule the statement from the RFL about how crowds were booming, when clearly that wasn’t the case. '"

That's all he did? You haven't been here long have you?

The flaw in Williams weekly analysis was the comparisons between the previous year’s matches. Yet you are happy to implement the same system when it’s apparent there’s a lot of inconsistencies when trying to compare like for like. '"

You might want to read the thread again as that's not what i've done on this thread or the other. And again, no one's claiming comparing "round to round" to be definitive but over the course of the season it's the probably the best way to do it.

So, after the first twenty three rounds, what then, maybe just average the top eight attendances & proclaim to the nation that everything’s hunky-dory.'"

After 23 rounds we start something completely new with nothing to compare against. It ain't rocket science.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Lets be honest here William Eve was necessary for these forums to regain some sense of normality.
clubs were collapsing on a rapid basis,the standards on the field were dropping rapidly and fans were walking away en mass.Something had to be done.

That said its great to see posters who were against WEs stance now pushing the positivity of attendances being up,hopefully the positivity continues.

On another note it really is hilarious to see the usual suspect " smokey ta" falling out with loiner81 for being positive about attendances in the same way he fell out with william eve for being negative about attendances.What a hammerhead he is.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: j.c "Lets be honest here William Eve was necessary for these forums to regain some sense of normality.
clubs were collapsing on a rapid basis,the standards on the field were dropping rapidly and fans were walking away en mass.Something had to be done.

That said its great to see posters who were against WEs stance now pushing the positivity of attendances being up,hopefully the positivity continues.

On another note it really is hilarious to see the usual suspect " smokey ta" falling out with loiner81 for being positive about attendances in the same way he fell out with william eve for being negative about attendances.What a hammerhead he is.'"

What is hilarious is you confusing yourself so much in attempting to have a pop at others for pushing an agenda that you reveal yours so obviously.

If I were making a point about franchising v P+R I would be pointing out that attendances are notably down on our last year of franchising (but im not, because such a comparison would be, get this, flawed)

But I wasn't, I was simply pointing out to loiner81, the same as I was to billy, that flawed comparisons do nothing other than help morons push agenda's. It was nice of you to provide such an illuminating example of those wishing to twist flawed stats to further their agenda.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: j.c "Lets be honest here William Eve was necessary for these forums to regain some sense of normality.'"

Thing is.....he wasn't, neither was Gutterfax. He started a thread about attendances because the guy in charge at the RFL had apparently the bare faced cheek to big up attendances when he could.....hardly a crime you wouldn't see committed every day in the working world by a guy in that position. (Could William/Gutters honestly say they wouldn't find themselves putting positive spin on attendances when they could if they had that role in the RFL?..... If they say no they're lying)

Gutterfax/Galliant again kicked off because ONE poster subscribed to BT sports to watch RU even though he disliked it and they then tried making out that numerous RL fans were doing the same.

What they do is take ONE/TWO persons comments and try and make out that the majority of the RL community think the exact same.....it's the cheapest form of attention seeking and trolling there is. Like i said before, the biggest trolls on here usually display no grasp of the actual product on the field, because they've probably only played it once as a kid, got sat on their backside first tackle and belittled it from a spectator view ever since.

Stratch beneath the surface and see that their topics and posts are the same repeatitive stuff over and over and over again and you'll see just how little they offer. Like Gutters always talking RU sponsorship and attendances......is it because he has a good point he's passionate about.....or is it because he knows naff all about on field action.

Good way to spot a troll on here. They'll portray an image of someone who is all knowledgable....yet will only talk about the 4/5 topics they feel they can talk and win about.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg

Quote: loiner81 "That's all he did? You haven't been here long have you?'"

On this forum, a similar time to you, on this god forsaken earth, probably a lot longer. But whatever you’re getting at, it still won’t sway my opinions, no matter how many of the rose tinted brigade scream & shout - R.L’s popularity is flat-lining.

Quote: loiner81 "You might want to read the thread again as that's not what i've done on this thread or the other. And again, no one's claiming comparing "round to round" to be definitive but over the course of the season it's the probably the best way to do it.'"

Oh sorry when you said

Quote: loiner81 "Not at all, the first 23 rounds can be compared with last season up to the play offs.'"

I thought you meant they could be compared - apologies, silly me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "On this forum, a similar time to you, on this god forsaken earth, probably a lot longer. '"

Yep, you sound like it too. Funny how it's always those who've been into something for the longest time that like to hate on it's current state.
Everything was better when you were a lad, eh.

But whatever you’re getting at, it still won’t sway my opinions, no matter how many of the rose tinted brigade scream & shout - R.L’s popularity is flat-lining. '"

And yet crowds are up, sponsorship is at record levels and there's never in the history of the game been more TV exposure. Go figure :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "But I wasn't, I was simply pointing out to loiner81, the same as I was to billy, that flawed comparisons do nothing other than help morons push agenda's. It was nice of you to provide such an illuminating example of those wishing to twist flawed stats to further their agenda.'"

And yet you're still to come up with a better alternative to put forward for us agenda driven morons to discuss. This is a discussion board after all and people, especially RL fans, like to discuss crowds.

QUOTE | REPLY
124 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
124 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.03564453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
3m
Film game
Wanderer
4m