Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: EHW "Big Mac?'"

Get two. As long as you don’t leave and come back again it only counts as one. So you will get a bargain.

RankPostsTeam
International Star669No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70480_1365464240.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70480.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Get two. As long as you don’t leave and come back again it only counts as one. So you will get a bargain.'"

Just a Le Big Mac I reckon.

Thought about getting fries too, but that messed up my mind too much wondering how many I'd actually get.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Errlee Berd "Just a Le Big Mac I reckon.

Thought about getting fries too, but that messed up my mind too much wondering how many I'd actually get.'"

But if you buy two and it only counts as one, it only counts as one’s calories as well. So you could buy 2(for the price of one), leave 1 then in effect you have only had half and bingo you have got yourself a relatively low fat big mac.

In fact, im converted, I like this principle. I’m going to go buy a crate of 24 lagers, drink ten, leave 14 for another day and in effect I will have drunk an average of -4 beers. No hangover and in fact ill wake up healthier tomorrow than I did today. Jackpot.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3101No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38041_1320825214.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38041.jpg

Wowzaz.

Just had to make a comment on the greatest debate.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Merge them icon_wink.gif

Ironically, you wouldn't be able to see that icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: RLBandit "Arguing about words doesn't get to the core point, which is to understand how well or badly attendances are doing.

For argument's sake, let's say each round of Superleague was played on a single day, at a single venue, like a super bum-numbing magic weekend crammed into one day. If each one of these days was attended by just 10k people (say), we'd be kidding ourselves to say that RL was in great shape because our attendances 'averaged 10k per game' - even though I accept there's a semantic argument to be made where that is technically the case. The point is, it can be as technically true as you like, but it wouldn't represent good attendance figures. 10k attending a whole day is plainly not the same as different groups of 10k people going to multiple games. One says that RL attracts 10k fans, the other says we attract 70k fans. By the same logic, it's a little misleading to say that we sold 45k tickets for Eng-Aus and 45k tickets for Wales-Italy. We didn't. We sold 45k tickets for a double header. In terms of tracking attendances, measuring performance, planning finances, etc. etc. you have to discount the attendances somewhat - I think halving it to 22.5k is probably too much, but recording it as two lots of 45k is misleading too, because we all know that if the games were played separately they wouldn't get 45k each. The only case where I'd change my mind on that is if the double-header cost twice as much as a normal single game event (or close to twice as much anyway, taking into account the cost savings in venue, policing, admin, etc. - two games on the same day are presumably slightly cheaper to stage)'"

eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

It's not the numbers being argued.

It's the technical description. Some people are insistant on counting games. But you can't count the number of games as some games have been merged into one event.

If there was no double header, we have no way of knowing how many would turn up to the England match and the Wales match separately. Some would have attended both and so would have been counted twice others would not. So it's pointless to count the attendance at both games.

I understand why it's done, but trying to do it is in effect futile.

It is better to call it a Rugby event count the attendance once. It's an acurate description. It's a rugby event, if there had been 2/3 or 4 games it's still one event on one day.

I'm not comparing to other codes, sure if they count twice then we must, when comparing to other codes. But when comparing to other RLWC's with no double headers, you can't just count the number of games, you have to talk about the number of events. If there were only 16 events at previous WC's the fact they are single games, means that comparing this WC with double headers does not work. The closest you can get is counting double headers as one event and dividing by the number of events, dividing by the number of games becomes meaningless.

in the end it does not matter as all the events so far have been fabulously attended.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg

Quote: Thoth "That is not fact, the only fact is that 45k+ was the declared as the attendance. It is certainly not a fact that 45k+ attended both games by the same logic 45k+ also watched the opening ceremony why not include that in the figure? Say a music festival takes 80000 pass through the gates, 10 different acts perform was the attendance for the festival 80000 or 800000 ? The same goes for tennis, boxing, athletics, RU, cricket, martial arts. Standard practice is to count it as a single attendance.'"

:clap:

Finally, some people that actually understand.

He can keep saying 45,052 attended each game until the cows come home. It doesn't make it a fact and he has no evidence to back it up because it simply isn't true. Counting an event attendance as two game attendances does not give you an accurate attendance figure and never will.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Wellsy13 "And neither are you. You have assumed that because 45k tickets were sold that 45k attended both games. They didn't. It would be like arguing 85,000 attended the Year 7 Champion Schools Boys final every year. It simply isn't true.'"
No, im not assuming anything. Im saying that becaue 45k were sold thats the figure we use. People who didnt bother to turn up, those who got lost on the way, those got up to get a pie are irrelevant. We dont discount them from any other game, why would we for this?

Quote: Wellsy13 "You don't have the data for both games. You only have the data for one event. You can't just make assumptions that they attended both games if a hell of a lot of them left. It wouldn't give you an accurate reading. You wouldn't get a credible statistic by adding 90,000 to the aggregate attendance for the World Cup.'"

No, there are two data-sets. Here is a match report on the wales game giving the attendance for the Wales game.
im not spinning anything. Im all those reported to have attended the games and dividing them by all the games played. It is you who needs to 'merge' games to make them fit.

Quote: Wellsy13 "Again, utter rubbish.
Normally, you'd be comparing like for like in that a rugby league match is being held in a stadium where tickets are sold and people are then counted as they enter. That process doesn't change depending on the team or the stadium so why you've mentioned it I haven't a clue?'"
Erm, because the amount of tickets sold is often dependent on when, where and who is playing.
Quote: Wellsy13 "And yes, the double header may have increased the attendance. England vs Australia at one stadium may have got a 30,000 crowd and Wales vs Italy at another may have gotten 5,000, overall making 35,000 attendees at two events compared to 45,000 at one more attractive event. I have counted that. What I haven't done is multiplied it by two to make it seem like it was more than it is. Nor have I halved it to make it seem like less. Both wouldn't paint an accurate picture at all.
Skewing a statistic was not the aim of getting more attendees. Selling more tickets was the aim of getting more attendees.'"
Nobody but you, gutterfax and William Eve is trying to skew the statistics. Nearly everyone else is simply taking all those who attended the games and dividing it by the games played.

Quote: Wellsy13 "You say you like to deal in facts Smokey, so here is the one fact that is known.
Fact
It isn’t fiction. 45k attended game 1. 45k attended game 2. If you have any evidence to the contrary provide it.
Quote: Wellsy13 "To say 45,052 attended game one and 45,052 attended game to makes an aggregate attendance of 90,104. There were not 90,000 attendees altogether (whether some were the same people or not). It simply isn't true. Just like saying 30,000 watched any one game of the Magic Weekend. Absolute fiction. Thousands left.'"
So now you are trying to move your argument on to saying these people shouldn’t be counted because even though they bought tickets they weren’t there. Why haven’t you done the same for any other games? Some may have not turned up or left early at other games. Season ticket holders are counted even if they don’t turn up. Why are you treating this differently?

Quote: Wellsy13 "If you think it's statistically accurate to skew the overall attendance of SL by adding over 200k for the Magic Weekend then that's pretty worrying!'"
so you are you trying to say the average attendance for MM was around 8k? you’re a moron if so. 30k bought a ticket to match 1. 30k bought a ticket to match 2, 30k bought a ticket to match 3 and 30k bought a ticket to match 4. That they bought them as one is irrelevant, that they may have left is irrelevant. The same principle applies to MM and the double header as it does to every other match. If you buy a ticket and get lost on the way, decide not to go, leave half way through. Doesn’t matter. You count.

Quote: Wellsy13 "Err... no, it's not. That's how many people attended both games overall. Not how many attended each game.'"
no, its the amount who attended both
www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... ter-defeat and www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... ales-scalp

hth
Quote: Wellsy13 "And neither are you. You have assumed that because 45k tickets were sold that 45k attended both games. They didn't. It would be like arguing 85,000 attended the Year 7 Champion Schools Boys final every year. It simply isn't true.'"
No, im not assuming anything. Im saying that becaue 45k were sold thats the figure we use. People who didnt bother to turn up, those who got lost on the way, those got up to get a pie are irrelevant. We dont discount them from any other game, why would we for this?

Quote: Wellsy13 "You don't have the data for both games. You only have the data for one event. You can't just make assumptions that they attended both games if a hell of a lot of them left. It wouldn't give you an accurate reading. You wouldn't get a credible statistic by adding 90,000 to the aggregate attendance for the World Cup.'"

No, there are two data-sets. Here is a match report on the wales game giving the attendance for the Wales game.
im not spinning anything. Im all those reported to have attended the games and dividing them by all the games played. It is you who needs to 'merge' games to make them fit.

Quote: Wellsy13 "Again, utter rubbish.
Normally, you'd be comparing like for like in that a rugby league match is being held in a stadium where tickets are sold and people are then counted as they enter. That process doesn't change depending on the team or the stadium so why you've mentioned it I haven't a clue?'"
Erm, because the amount of tickets sold is often dependent on when, where and who is playing.
Quote: Wellsy13 "And yes, the double header may have increased the attendance. England vs Australia at one stadium may have got a 30,000 crowd and Wales vs Italy at another may have gotten 5,000, overall making 35,000 attendees at two events compared to 45,000 at one more attractive event. I have counted that. What I haven't done is multiplied it by two to make it seem like it was more than it is. Nor have I halved it to make it seem like less. Both wouldn't paint an accurate picture at all.
Skewing a statistic was not the aim of getting more attendees. Selling more tickets was the aim of getting more attendees.'"
Nobody but you, gutterfax and William Eve is trying to skew the statistics. Nearly everyone else is simply taking all those who attended the games and dividing it by the games played.

Quote: Wellsy13 "You say you like to deal in facts Smokey, so here is the one fact that is known.
Fact
It isn’t fiction. 45k attended game 1. 45k attended game 2. If you have any evidence to the contrary provide it.
Quote: Wellsy13 "To say 45,052 attended game one and 45,052 attended game to makes an aggregate attendance of 90,104. There were not 90,000 attendees altogether (whether some were the same people or not). It simply isn't true. Just like saying 30,000 watched any one game of the Magic Weekend. Absolute fiction. Thousands left.'"
So now you are trying to move your argument on to saying these people shouldn’t be counted because even though they bought tickets they weren’t there. Why haven’t you done the same for any other games? Some may have not turned up or left early at other games. Season ticket holders are counted even if they don’t turn up. Why are you treating this differently?

Quote: Wellsy13 "If you think it's statistically accurate to skew the overall attendance of SL by adding over 200k for the Magic Weekend then that's pretty worrying!'"
so you are you trying to say the average attendance for MM was around 8k? you’re a moron if so. 30k bought a ticket to match 1. 30k bought a ticket to match 2, 30k bought a ticket to match 3 and 30k bought a ticket to match 4. That they bought them as one is irrelevant, that they may have left is irrelevant. The same principle applies to MM and the double header as it does to every other match. If you buy a ticket and get lost on the way, decide not to go, leave half way through. Doesn’t matter. You count.

Quote: Wellsy13 "Err... no, it's not. That's how many people attended both games overall. Not how many attended each game.'"
no, its the amount who attended both
www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... ter-defeat and www.sportinglife.com/rugby-leagu ... ales-scalp

hth

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3357.jpg

Quote: Thoth "

if there was a festival, that had one stage with 10 bands on one after each other, 8,000 people attended, each band would have had 8,000 watching them.

your analogy doesn't work as at festivals you don't need to publish an attendance figure for each band, at sporting events you publish a figure for each game, what do you want the published figure to be for the wales italy game?

206 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
206 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.044921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC