JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Pricing is a factor, to some extent, of course but the fact is that at the top ofthe list, you have to make people WANT TO GO. this was conclusively proved when a year or two back, all SL season ticket holders got a FREE admission to their club's first Challenge Cup game. Now, you can't get better than free - but it made little or no difference to attendances, and so was quietly dropped.

Bottom line is, marketing. Both central and local. Both seem so far to have done a truly outstanding job. And of course now that the teams have provided the sort of start to the comp that we could only have dreamed of, there's no reason why the good work can't be maintained.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

the original sandy, no aussie imitation!:

I'd take issue with your marvellous marketing, I was in Cardiff last weekend as the wife's from Cardiff and none of the in-laws even knew it was on even though the welsh assembly had paid for their bid using some of their taxes!

I think people always want to go but you have to make it affordable which they have this time. Your example of the challenge cup is flawed as most of those games were obvious one sided mismatches.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif
Veni, Vidi, Spurius brutus detruncavi I came, I saw, I tore the thick b4st4rds limb from limb Bradford Bulls - the polished turds of SL since 2012:Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif

I live near Leigh there are some lamppost signs along the bypass and a large sign outside the ground advertising the game, but if you lived on the other side of town any didn't use the bypass you wouldn't know about it, world of mouth does a a lot more than a fancy marketing spread, I'm taking 3 extra people to the game at Salford as we meet up last night and I mentioned the rlwc and it perked their interest so I just said they should by tickets to Salford as they live in Manchester and they have done, they didn't really know about it until I said.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

I think we also need to accept that a well organised international tournament is attractive to people. They like watching international tournaments, they like being part of it. Sponsors, advertisers, fans, players and broadcasters and other media all want to be a little part of a World Cup. Those two words get peoples attention

It feeds in to the most basic narrative of sport, that the plucky underdog with the interesting back story can play the goliaths. Whether they have the chance of winning it or not, they are in it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif
Veni, Vidi, Spurius brutus detruncavi I came, I saw, I tore the thick b4st4rds limb from limb Bradford Bulls - the polished turds of SL since 2012:Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif

Good post, I still think they could have had a larger publicity campaign, can't remember the last time I saw an advert for the rlwc and it could have passed people by, but it's appealed to enough people which has let it spread, the combination of well priced tickets, half price deals, underdog matches and the general pull of a World Cup is bringing new people to the sport, it could so easily have been a washout.

So instead of people trying to poke holes in it lets just enjoy it and put on the best attended World Cup ever, we are still in a recession so the RFL has hit the demographic and has made an appealing product that those who may not have seen the game before are able to go and watch.

RankPostsTeam
International Star186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think it's very harsh indeed to criticise the marketing, when they will have had to make the most of every penny they had. Even the marvellous opening ceremony was a triumph of how to get the best out of a limited budget. Whatever they're doing, they're clearly doing it better than any previous World Cup, and that is off the back of an uncertain time for the game.
Of course the best thing of all is that the one factor we can guarantee is that the games will be great, because the sport is so good.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

Just bought 6 tickets for the quarter final at Leeds! Looking like New Zealand v Italy/tonga. 10% off at £13.50 each! Great value!

The game at the Shay is cranking up its sales too!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: sandy "I'd take issue with your marvellous marketing, I was in Cardiff last weekend as the wife's from Cardiff and none of the in-laws even knew it was on even though the welsh assembly had paid for their bid using some of their taxes!
'"

Sorry, but you can't take issue. Because they have done it, they have achieved extremely good attendances. The object is to fill the grounds- not to ensure that every human on earth is fully informed. What you fail to realise is that (especially in the current economic climate) this type of marketing needs to be targeted in a way that will bring the crowds in and this it has achieved. Would your in-laws have paid to go had they known?

the Welsh Assembly point is, to afford it due respect, utter hogwash. The Welsh Assembly spends millions and I would wager that your in-laws never know what 99% of that money is spent on.

Quote: sandy "I think people always want to go but you have to make it affordable which they have this time. '"

But people plainly DON'T "always want to go", if you think they just inherently do, so all that is requered is cheap ticketing, then there's no point in discussing this with you.

Quote: sandy "Your example of the challenge cup is flawed as most of those games were obvious one sided mismatches.'"

Not at all. Many of the RLWC fixtures to date were supposed to be one-sided mismatches yet the crowds have still come so bang goes that argument. Then just refer to blatantly one-sided games in RU where everyone knows a game may be an 80-point blowout yet they can still sell Twickers out. Many factors come into play in deciding whether a person will pay to watch and what you call "mis-matches". Or back to Cup games, what if in the FA Cup there was a mismatch like Runcorn v Man U? Or Dag+Red v Liverpool? Where would those full houses leave your one-sided mismatches argument? On the contrary, those would be exactly the sort of fixtures you could sell out while giving your entire marketing team a month off.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3545.jpg
:3545.jpg

Quote: FlexWheeler "Without being on the inside of how both tournaments have been promoted and run, it's difficult to say. From the outside looking in you can see clear differences which someone just mentioned above.

I mean 7k, on a cold wet wednesday night........in bristol.........for cook islands v usa? Someone somewhere is doing something very right.'"

I'll take that as a complement, given I wrote the bid and delivered the programme...

Huge kudos to RLWC2013 for a courageous decision to run with Bristol. The top team there, Sally Bolton, Jon Dutton, Mark Forster and Martin Johnston, have been superb throughout.

In fact they created the structure that has made this comp a success... a bidding process that meant local partners had to commit to delivering each individual game on a local level.

In Bristol there have been some brilliant, key individuals, who made it possible, and some fantastic organisations, particularly Bristol City and South Glos Borough Councils, Bristol Rovers, SGS Filton College (did you know we have a RL Academy in Bristol?), Bristol Sonics RL, UWE, and Watershed Arts Centre.

But the framework for success was set by the RLWC2013 team, and in turn by the RFL who commissioned and created them.

My big question.... what next?

Here's a few thoughts:

- invest in development staff in Bristol, to run a primary programme that follows a generation of kids from 5 to 16, adding in years below as the first intake move up through the years

- stage big events in Bristol. England vs Wales, with Cardiff only 40 minutes away? Super League on the road? I'd push for Magic Weekend at Ashton Gate... yes, it holds around 26,000 and current ticket sales are 30,000, but suddenly instead of being a 'maybe/maybe not' event, fans would have to get in early and it would sell out. How about an extended-format WCC game there?

- invest in Bristol Sonics. It would take a couple of salaries to make them into a Championship 1 side. No more that that on top of the existing central contributions to all Champ 1 teams.

- support Student RL, and the Student Alumni properly - that's a genuinely national game, and why? Because it is self-run by smart young adults.... a pool of (intellectual) talent we don't nurture and sustain after they graduate (which is sad, because they become the bosses, teachers, leaders in the next generation)

- plan for a Bristol SL team. Not parachuted in, or on the whim of a rich benefactor, but a strategic 10 year growth plan, so that those primary age kids who start playing now, are pushing for first team contracts by the time Bristol RL hit the SL. There is nothing special about the kids in Wigan or Leeds that makes them more suited to RL than the kids in Bristol and Bath... just years of coaching and playing opportunity. Even then, how many of our greats only played their first game of league as adults.... Boston, Sullivan, Davies, Van Vollenhoven, Risman... etc.... the SW is a Rugby heartland, and unlike in the north, where playing union is a social class thing, it's just the game that the ordinary blokes play if they are too tough for soccer.

Of course, the SL clubs can't even stay in a meeting room together at the moment, and the RFL has the will, but not the money, to grow the game without their revenue from the tv deals. It would take vision, especially from the smaller-town SL clubs and aspiring Championship clubs, to make the game truly national because they'd find it much harder to reach the top of a SL game that had teams in Bristol, Coventry, Glasgow, Newcastle. But if the pie gets bigger, everyone gets more. League 2 football teams turn over more money, and attract more fans, that some current SL teams. If only the current SL teams could think that far ahead.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3545.jpg
:3545.jpg

Quote: broadybull87 " ...world of mouth does a a lot more than a fancy marketing spread, I'm taking 3 extra people to the game at Salford as we meet up last night and I mentioned the rlwc and it perked their interest so I just said they should by tickets to Salford as they live in Manchester and they have done, they didn't really know about it until I said.'"

...and that is exactly how it's been done.

In Bristol we have hadhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v), and the footage of the Cook Island lads doing their haka at a local arts centre in Team Suits (rlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v)

We've had a huge social media campaign, particularly by systematically building up a twitter audience (we have 1753 followers in Bristol... Leeds has 1294).

We've had local leading councillors and mayors involved at major events.

We've run competitions for stash and tickets on all the local and regional radio stations.

We've run standard ticket offers for cashback to the Community Foundations for Bristol City, Bristol Rovers and Bristol Rugby.

We worked with the Cook Islands Tourist Board to get a troupe of Dancers over... they have performed for the Mayor, at an arts venue, at a museum, and at the Bristol Rovers home game v Chesterfield last weekend, before coming to the match and performing there.

Our entertainment included a local choir, the Bristol Samba Band, our singer (NICOLE), three groups of cheerleaders, the local Police Ceremonial Guard, 'Mr Isambard Kingdom Brunel' from SS Great Britain, 7 local schools, all the schools from the RL competition, and 4 local RL clubs

The City Council bought and erected huge banners around the city. RLWC funded bus ads and bus-shelter adshel ads.
The Council also ran a few local ads, and advertised in the Cardiff programme, and put flyers and fixture cards in all the leisure centres and libraries.

S Glos Council ran library exhibitions, and presented every school with a RLWC ball

We've run press articles in Forty-20, the African-Caribbean media, local history bulletins, and in papers from the regional Bristol Post down to the doorstep-local 'Bishopston Matters' news-sheet.

In other words.... we've reached out to hundreds of different groups of people, a very few who know RL, a lot who only know union or football, and even more who don't follow any sport. We built our audience over 2 years and dozens of programmes, in the framework from, and supported by markeing from, RLWC2013. The key was, and is, to get people talking about it, to make one or two key advocates in dozens of different groups, and to get them to spread the word. We didn't spend a fortune because we didn't have a fortune to spend.

But we did get 7000 people to a RL match in Bristol.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Quote: Wembley71 "...and that is exactly how it's been done.

In Bristol we have hadhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v), and the footage of the Cook Island lads doing their haka at a local arts centre in Team Suits (rlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v)

We've had a huge social media campaign, particularly by systematically building up a twitter audience (we have 1753 followers in Bristol... Leeds has 1294).

We've run competitions for stash and tickets on all the local and regional radio stations.

We've run standard ticket offers for cashback to the Community Foundations for Bristol City, Bristol Rovers and Bristol Rugby.

We worked with the Cook Islands Tourist Board to get a troupe of Dancers over... they have performed for the Mayor, at an arts venue, at a museum, and at the Bristol Rovers home game v Chesterfield last weekend, before coming to the match and performing there.

Our entertainment included a local choir, the Bristol Samba Band, our singer (NICOLE), three groups of cheerleaders, the local Police Ceremonial Guard, 'Mr Isambard Kingdom Brunel' from SS Great Britain, 7 local schools, all the schools from the RL competition, and 4 local RL clubs

The City Council bought and erected huge banners around the city. RLWC funded bus ads and bus-shelter adshel ads.
The Council also ran a few local ads, and advertised in the Cardiff programme, and put flyers and fixture cards in all the leisure centres and libraries.

S Glos Council ran library exhibitions, and presented every school with a RLWC ball

We've run press articles in Forty-20, the African-Caribbean media, local history bulletins, and in papers from the regional Bristol Post down to the doorstep-local 'Bishopston Matters' news-sheet.

In other words.... we've reached out to hundreds of different groups of people, a very few who know RL, a lot who only know union or football, and even more who don't follow any sport. We built our audience over 2 years and dozens of programmes, in the framework from, and supported by markeing from, RLWC2013. The key was, and is, to get people talking about it, to make one or two key advocates in dozens of different groups, and to get them to spread the word. We didn't spend a fortune because we didn't have a fortune to spend.

But we did get 7000 people to a RL match in Bristol.'"

You didn't really do very much......

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner959
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6532.jpg
[color=darkred:78pnm6qa]The[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=orange:78pnm6qa]future's[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=darkred:78pnm6qa]bright [/color:78pnm6qa] [color=orange:78pnm6qa]the[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=darkred:78pnm6qa]future[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=orange:78pnm6qa]is[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=darkred:78pnm6qa]claret[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=darkblue:78pnm6qa]n[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=orange:78pnm6qa]gold[/color:78pnm6qa] @sd_barracudas:6532.jpg

Quote: Wembley71 "- support Student RL, and the Student Alumni properly - that's a genuinely national game, and why? Because it is self-run by smart young adults.... a pool of (intellectual) talent we don't nurture and sustain after they graduate (which is sad, because they become the bosses, teachers, leaders in the next generation)
'"

THIS eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11371.gif
:11371.gif

Quote: Wembley71 "...and that is exactly how it's been done.

But we did get 7000 people to a RL match in Bristol.'"

That's about 20 x more than London Broncos have done in the last 15 years in total to promote the club and sport.

Proves you don't need money, just passion and a brain. A willing and interested local govt. also makes a big difference.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach588No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41902.jpg
:41902.jpg

Quote: Tre Cool "That's about 20 x more than London Broncos have done in the last 15 years in total to promote the club and sport.

Proves you don't need money, just passion and a brain. A willing and interested local govt. also makes a big difference.'"

Well done indeed...

London Broncos given their budgets should have been running community focused programmes for years. Considering they already have community rugby league clubs in the city, they have seriously failed here (especially in the last few seasons).

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17198
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: Sadfish "Its excellent to see stadia outside the "traditional" heartland with full terraces, no empty seats. The problem with the 2000 world cup was the, 1000 attendance in Belfast for a first day match etc. It doesn't get the game off to a good start.

This time round, people have bought into the tournement much better, I wonder what that is down to?

More money available to promote?
Better team put together to promote?
More press coverage?'"

to be fair to the year 2000 marketing team, social media has made it easier to connect with people without spending vast sums of money. Back then it was TV or press ads or nothing.

But yes there has been some great ground choices this time round, Fiji at Rochdale was a master-stroke, and even the tired Derwent Park & Memorial Stadium looked decent with a good crowd in.

the organisers have created a good mix of massive, shiny stadia like Cardiff and Wembley, decent SL grounds like the John Smith's and the KC, and smaller compact traditional rugby grounds.

also as others have mentioned, the Olympics has opened the public's eyes to try new sports and get involved, there seems to be a lot less 'snobbery' about the RLWorld cup as a result.

419 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
419 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.12353515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
7m
TV Games - Not Hull
The games af
13m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Manheim
14m
Grand final Tickets
moto748
18m
Sam Burgess
fez1
24m
Play-off semi-final
PopTart
30m
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
ninearches
27s
RLFANS News
28s
Betting 2024
karetaker
29s
Film game
Boss Hog
33s
Sam Burgess
fez1
38s
TV Games - Not Hull
The games af
40s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
43s
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
1m
RLFANS News
1m
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
moto748
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
fez1
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
ninearches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,664 ↑41980,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
 FT
Hover 
Melbourne
6-14
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
 FT 
Keighley
6-20
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
 FT 
Bradford
25-12
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
 FT 
York V
18-8
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley6-20Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1
LIVE
Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH
LIVE
Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024
LIVE
York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22