JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

When SL started didn't it used to be run by itself (or more accurately Maurice Lyndsy) then eventually wen back under the RFL control?

What would a split give the clubs what they don;t have now? Its not like the game has got squillions to spend on marketing or that th eimage of the game is going to change and start bringing in blue chip companies falling over themselves.

There are no easy quick solutions to one hundred years plus of the games image being seen as thuggery by northern working class louts. I had hoped when SL started, the game was awash with new money, we had national marketing featuring a semi naked paul rowley getting the grils on the bus excited and martin offiah blazing a trail in Lonodon tube stations, Branson was in love with the Broncos and the game had a big city vision that we might finally have turned a corner, but alas it was a false dawn.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1002No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JB Down Under "When SL started didn't it used to be run by itself (or more accurately Maurice Lyndsy) then eventually wen back under the RFL control?

What would a split give the clubs what they don;t have now? Its not like the game has got squillions to spend on marketing or that th eimage of the game is going to change and start bringing in blue chip companies falling over themselves.

There are no easy quick solutions to one hundred years plus of the games image being seen as thuggery by northern working class louts. I had hoped when SL started, the game was awash with new money, we had national marketing featuring a semi naked paul rowley getting the grils on the bus excited and martin offiah blazing a trail in Lonodon tube stations, Branson was in love with the Broncos and the game had a big city vision that we might finally have turned a corner, but alas it was a false dawn.'"

We didn't fully embrace the vision. One man's 'tradition' is a another man's short-sighted stubbornness. The mergers proposed at the start of SL should have happened.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

From the sky sports app on my phone this morning this "breakaway" is being led by IL of Wigan and it seems he wants to keep a 14 team SL and is unhappy with the share out of monies and wants less to go to the championship with more money to the SL CLUBS.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2163
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52996_1348516563.jpg
[quote="Will Ferrell":klj11krn] "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cake and it can buy beer. I would say that's about even."[/quote:klj11krn] [quote="Ryan Bailey":klj11krn]My mum always said that there would be haters. Not everyone can love ya[/quote:klj11krn] Classic Bailey 8) [quote="McLaren_Field re Damo":klj11krn][quote="Neville Bartos":klj11krn]What is it that you contribute in exchange for your benefit payments?[/quote:klj11krn] He breathes out CO2, which helps the trees.[/quote:klj11krn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52996.jpg

And whilst all this goes on, I read in Yorkshire Business magazine that the RFL turnover is up 25.3% and SL Europe Ltd's turnover is up 24.3%.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"I've been rich & I've been poor. Rich is better." DLR:

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "I'm sorry, but you're mad. the decision to hold the soccer World Cup in Qatar is several orders of magnitude more barking than the combined wildest dreams of the entire RL board.'"

I agree, the Qatar thing is completely bonkers, but at least FIFA / UEFA are addressing in well in advance. If changes need to happen fine, but we should be planning for 3-4 years down the line, not 3-4 months.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1743No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ferdy "From the sky sports app on my phone this morning this "breakaway" is being led by IL of Wigan and it seems he wants to keep a 14 team SL and is unhappy with the share out of monies and wants less to go to the championship with more money to the SL CLUBS.'"

Turkeys voting for christmas again !!. the bottom line is that it is all about the self interest of the top clubs getting the majority of the money and everything else outside can go and sort themselves out. I agree that this will cause further decline in the game as a whole. They probably want to keep the DR system too to save them money developing their own youth systems. Absolute Bonkers !! and the RFL should stick to their guns and not be dictated to by these chairmen, they would certainly go up in my estimation, that wouldnt be hard though, they have allowed the decline in the game to happen.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg
[quote:18jc6kzm]I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote:18jc6kzm]Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote="Jamie Jones-Buchanan":18jc6kzm]"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.[/quote:18jc6kzm]:1506.jpg

As others have said, the issue here is that there is too much 'tail wagging the dog' throughout the game.

Other the course of the last five years or so, other sports have kicked on massively whilst we have, at best, remained static and, perhaps more likely, regressed a few years. The game is less attractive to sponsors, it is being played by poorly run clubs in stadiums bordering on dangerous and it is loosing it's biggest talent to overseas.

There is no clear vision for addressing the key, fundamental issues within the game.

[listNo revised structure involving P&R or "2x12 + 3x8" will address the fact that the game can't attract commercial partners and revenue because it is watched by an audience that advertisers don't want to connect with.

No revised structure will address the fact that we have some very poorly run, financially unstable clubs within the game.

No revised structure will address the fact clubs cannot fully grasp the concept of marketing.

No revised structure will address the significant failings at international level.

No revised structure will address the the huge decline in junior and amateur players, or address the very real issue of a talent drain to Australia.[/list

The game has to strive towards excellence, get the elite product right and drive up standards. If not, it will be left further behind. To do that, we simply can't afford to have the top clubs getting dragged down to the level of bottom clubs. We have to set an expectation that the bottom clubs must step up to the level set by the top. If that sounds harsh, then sorry, but sport is a business and that is now business works.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We do not have 14 top clubs we have 5/6 at most and that is why we have the problem
We have low regular season intensity and have destroyed the CC our crown jewel
If koukashs mate bought Rochdale tomorrow through 1.8m into the team where would they be playing in 2015?
When Bradford and Salford and Wakefield and crusaders went belly up who was ready to replace them?

RankPostsTeam
International Star5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Faxhali "Turkeys voting for christmas again !!. the bottom line is that it is all about the self interest of the top clubs getting the majority of the money and everything else outside can go and sort themselves out. I agree that this will cause further decline in the game as a whole. They probably want to keep the DR system too to save them money developing their own youth systems. Absolute Bonkers !! and the RFL should stick to their guns and not be dictated to by these chairmen, they would certainly go up in my estimation, that wouldnt be hard though, they have allowed the decline in the game to happen.'"

It appears to me G Hetherington gets a lot of stick rightly or wrongly, but it would appear he is the only chairman of the bigger clubs not taking a self interest approach to the game and looking at the bigger picture. Ie not just money grabbing for the rhinos and wanting a more even share of Money. It appears to me that if promotion and religation is brought back in for it to work there needs to be a greater sharing of money to championship clubs, to be able to compete when promoted and survive when religated

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8096
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
869_1597404840.jpg
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_869.jpg

In the often warranted SL bashing, I personally think we should also have a debate about whether the lower level clubs are also guilty of putting their own self-interest ahead of the game.

The lower clubs have every right to bang on the door of super league and have a system put in place that allows them to the top table in a sustainable way. I support them in that. However, gleefully jumping on the bandwagon of the 3x8 option does you no credit. That pathetic option isn't in the game's best interest, its in the little clubs best interest. It is the most absurd fudge of an idea I've ever come across in sport.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Pumpetypump "In the often warranted SL bashing, I personally think we should also have a debate about whether the lower level clubs are also guilty of putting their own self-interest ahead of the game.

The lower clubs have every right to bang on the door of super league and have a system put in place that allows them to the top table in a sustainable way. I support them in that. However, gleefully jumping on the bandwagon of the 3x8 option does you no credit. That pathetic option isn't in the game's best interest, its in the little clubs best interest. It is the most absurd fudge of an idea I've ever come across in sport.'"

Worse than no-rules licensing, really?! icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31811
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

I'm not sure why Fax support the 3x8 unless they see it as the least worst option on the table. Realisticly no Championship club has a hope of promotion under the 3x8 system. It might see a few bigger gates for championship clubs but that's it.

If I were at a championship club I'd want straight P&R, 1 up 1 down.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

The worst part of the 3x8s idea was that the RFL were to allow teams to spend the same SC as the SL clubs if they could prove they could afford it. Which would mean we had a team paying SL wages competing in the championship, it would absolutely destroy the lower leagues, with 3 or 4 clubs pretending to be SL clubs and paying full time SL wages, and clubs nearer the bottom getting less than a £100k in funding and being no better than they are now. The disparity in that league would be massive.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "The worst part of the 3x8s idea was that the RFL were to allow teams to spend the same SC as the SL clubs if they could prove they could afford it. Which would mean we had a team paying SL wages competing in the championship, it would absolutely destroy the lower leagues, with 3 or 4 clubs pretending to be SL clubs and paying full time SL wages, and clubs nearer the bottom getting less than a £100k in funding and being no better than they are now. The disparity in that league would be massive.'"

I'm with you on this

Solution?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

The fans should hold off from renewing season tickets until the structural changes are all sorted and agreed upon. That would speed up the process.

437 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
437 posts in 30 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0537109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
25m
TV Games - Not Hull
Large Paws
35m