JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

The big problem will be if they finish in the bottom 2

That will really p155 some fans off

And at the moment you would have to say there is a real chance they will

Also it would seem they have upset the clubs in France if they didn't allow them to enter the Lord Derby cup

Bad Idea

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hello forum , been a while since my last posting vis a vis toulouse, let me inform you all on whats going on this side of the channel.

Gilles dumas their coach has not a great coaching record, highly unliked by most of the players that have played under him (especially in the french side) he was a cheap option and his assistant is julien gerin, a player from st gaudens that has played a few matches for the french side but by no means is a good visionary product, the choice has been ridiculed in many circles and as they are two good friends i feel his imput will be some what silenced, A qualified cone pikeruppera is all he`ll be there.

They had some quality french players unavailable because of work commitments, so they should be a lot better at home, the players that work were offered paltry fulltime contracts and laughed at the amount being offered and kept their jobs. But on the whole the squad is weak , inexperienced and typical of any french rugby league side, some good frenchies,some good imports and lots of question marks on the rest , if the australians get injured it could be a very long year indeed.

They have one player who has never even played before , he`s a handballer , a big unit but their hoping he can pass with two hands.

Now i would love to be able to say , yes they will get a lot better, yes they will dispute a final but the reality in france is that the resources aren`t there, the catalans are ok but there are far to many australians there, in this weeks team there are 7 aussies in it, carlaw and ryles are out but would normally be in so that would make 9. I can tell you that the french catalan supportes are already seriously bagging, walters, perry and bell,

Affaire a suivre.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: queenslander "Hello forum , been a while since my last posting vis a vis toulouse, let me inform you all on whats going on this side of the channel.

Gilles dumas their coach has not a great coaching record, highly unliked by most of the players that have played under him (especially in the french side) he was a cheap option and his assistant is julien gerin, a player from st gaudens that has played a few matches for the french side but by no means is a good visionary product, the choice has been ridiculed in many circles and as they are two good friends i feel his imput will be some what silenced, A qualified cone pikeruppera is all he`ll be there.

They had some quality french players unavailable because of work commitments, so they should be a lot better at home, the players that work were offered paltry fulltime contracts and laughed at the amount being offered and kept their jobs. But on the whole the squad is weak , inexperienced and typical of any french rugby league side, some good frenchies,some good imports and lots of question marks on the rest , if the australians get injured it could be a very long year indeed.

They have one player who has never even played before , he`s a handballer , a big unit but their hoping he can pass with two hands.

Now i would love to be able to say , yes they will get a lot better, yes they will dispute a final but the reality in france is that the resources aren`t there, the catalans are ok but there are far to many australians there, in this weeks team there are 7 aussies in it, carlaw and ryles are out but would normally be in so that would make 9. I can tell you that the french catalan supportes are already seriously bagging, walters, perry and bell,

Affaire a suivre.'"

All of this confirming the fears that no real thought has been put into the decisions made by the RFL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g6.gif
[url=http://www.sang-et-or.net:305yfqcu][color=#FF0000:305yfqcu]sang-et-or.net[/color:305yfqcu][/url:305yfqcu], home of the Bobbie Goulding appreciation society.:Others/g6.gif

Quote: queenslander "... the catalans are ok but there are far to many australians there, in this weeks team there are 7 aussies in it, carlaw and ryles are out but would normally be in so that would make 9. I can tell you that the french catalan supportes are already seriously bagging, walters, perry and bell,

Affaire a suivre.'"

Interessant ca, d'apres ce que j'ai lu les fans Francais etaient contemps avec le choix de Walters, Bell, Perry et - grande surprise - Bird. Je croyais que ce n'etais que le contingent sang-et-or(.net) qui n'etais pas contemp.

Avec la possibilite d'utiliser des Juniors Catalans et UTC le TO devrais etre pas si mal, et le choix d'entraineur ne peut pas etre aussi mauvais que le choix pour l'equipe nationalle.

GSF
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach997No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32929.jpg
:32929.jpg

Thought Richard Lewis would have been at the game.After all, it was a bit of an occassion with it being the first championship game of the season live on SKY tv and Toulouse making their debut in the British competition.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9721
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg
regards and ENJOY your sport Leaguefan "The Public wants what the Public gets" - Paul Weller:icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg

Quote: queenslander "Hello forum , been a while since my last posting vis a vis toulouse, let me inform you all on whats going on this side of the channel.

Affaire a suivre.'"

And in what way is this different to other RL sides generally?

To take any journey you have to take the first step.

I don't expect Toulouse to be any great shakes initially but over time.

It's generally called training/apprenticeship where you learn the skills required and develop.

The trouble is now we have a WANT IT NOW mentallity in all aspects of life, not just RL and as a nation we seem to be getting more impatient.

Give them time, 1 match dosn't prove anything except they lost.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36077
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "ill repeat what i said before that was strangely deleted, i would guess by someone being a little overzealous yesterday,

i have seen leeds beat Saint Helens, and Wigan by 70 points, i have seen Bradford beat Hull by 70 points in the play offs, and Salford by 60 points, this wasnt proclaimed as the death of RL in these areas, and it wasnt anything more than a poor result, thats all this is for Toulouse,

Toulouse will take a few weeks to adjust to championship rugby, but they will adjust, they will take at least a year to figure out a process which works for them away from home but they will find it, and they do have talent, and some players who have already proved themselves to have sufficient quality at that level

if at the end of the year they havent are still losing every game in a similar manner then its something to worry about, but while it is a one off result, away to the team which most likely will win the league, it isnt,

and im pretty sure i saw leeds put 70 points on wakefield in 2005, im not sure certain people argued that as proof of anything,'"

Forgetting to mention Leeds being hammered by Wigan and Offiah in particular or don't you go back that far.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach792No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34685.jpg
:34685.jpg

Toulouse have recruited poorly.

They should have found a couple more quality French forwards with SL experience, such as Adel Fellous.

Of the forwards only Griffi, Anselme and Gay are up to the required standard.

They also need a top class Aussie or Kiwi playmaker.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2912No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25057_1281800333.jpeg
www.hullrockers.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25057.jpeg

Quote: Alice's Phallus "
They also need a top class Aussie or Kiwi playmaker.'"

What? Surely you mean they need The Sublime Maxime Greseque!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach715No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Barnacle Bill "What? Surely you mean they need The Sublime Maxime Greseque!'"

Big Fish, Small Pond.... he wouldnt sign.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2912No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25057_1281800333.jpeg
www.hullrockers.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25057.jpeg

Quote: ap1717 "Big Fish, Small Pond.... he wouldnt sign.'"

No I think you'll find they wanted was his signature but he insisted on simply writing "The Sublime"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6268No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: belgianxiii "Interessant ca, d'apres ce que j'ai lu les fans Francais etaient contemps avec le choix de Walters, Bell, Perry et - grande surprise - Bird. Je croyais que ce n'etais que le contingent sang-et-or(.net) qui n'etais pas contemp.

Avec la possibilite d'utiliser des Juniors Catalans et UTC le TO devrais etre pas si mal, et le choix d'entraineur ne peut pas etre aussi mauvais que le choix pour l'equipe nationalle.'"

This aint the frenchie forum icon_lol.gif
Translation for us thickies when it comes to French? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: vastman "Forgetting to mention Leeds being hammered by Wigan and Offiah in particular or don't you go back that far.'"

well clearly i didnt go back that far, seeing as how i used examples all from the last 5 years or so, i thought going back a bit further would have detracted from the point,

hey, maybe we should merge this with quins wire thread, and you can argue that we should drop teams from lancs/cheshire because they have clearly proved that the players produced in lancs/cheshire arent of conference quality blah blah blah,

after all you wouldnt want to be shown up as a hypocrite again would you? icon_wink.gif

im excited to see what your attempt at a witticism is this time, see if you can carry on your streak of idiocy icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

They should act as the feeder club for Les Cats and use any fringe first teamers that don't make the Les Cats starting 17. This coupled with picking up the best of the rest French players should make them competitive. You have to say though that they clearly do not have the financial backing at this time and that will need to be as big a part of their development as developing decent French players.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach706No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Nov 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "well clearly i didnt go back that far, seeing as how i used examples all from the last 5 years or so, i thought going back a bit further would have detracted from the point,
'"

Blimey - Smokey makes a rare sensible posting and still gets abuse. I've seen Widnes nil most of the current pro clubs, including Leeds at Headingley and Saints at Knowsley Road, yet those clubs have somehow survived the experience.

Nobody who'd seen the two squads play would've have expected T.O to be competitive in this match (and thanks to the bookies for their generous odds on the game). I posted a couple of months back that their squad didn't look strong enough and since then their pre-season preparation has been woeful.

Obviously, they will improve - just sorting out the left side defence will make a big difference and playing at home will be a big help, plus hopefully strengthening when the LER season finishes. But the worrying part is that this was their first choice 17 and there is no strength in depth. If key players pick up injuries, they could struggle even worse than this.

Hope for a good crowd and a good result for the first home game next week against Sheffield.

113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.41064453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
7m
Film game
Boss Hog
11m