FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > New TV Contrat for Catalans Dragons !
23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9272_1327693385.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9272.jpg

Quote: steve_norton "Also means if its back on satellite and off cable it might be possible to pick up in the UK. Hull landlords will be happy.'"

Wouldn't that be great. Unlikely I guess. Its a pity that with pay tv only people in France could pay for it and get it. Im sure when our own teams are playing there many of us wouldn't mind paying to see the games. icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1696No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Deano G":wqb36lm9]Come to think of it, that Saints side (1992/93) was a better side than the 2006 side and the 2009 side.[/quote:wqb36lm9]:

Excellent news for the game.

I wonder if it will be available on FreeSat?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4033No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17532_1360839985.jpg
t:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17532.jpg

Quote: Badwanger "Excellent news for the game.

I wonder if it will be available on FreeSat?'"

no chance it's a french pay tv channel only people with foriegn/french sat systems have a chance of watching it

RankPostsTeam
International Star46No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Is this weekend's game being televised?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach515No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44088.jpg
Yes:44088.jpg

Quote: headhunter "Potentially good news for Toulouse.'"

Just what I was thinking, another team gives Al-Jazera a larger base for potential subscribers and it's gives the RFL a TV deal that everyone seems to say they require before letting another French team in.

Having a new broadcaster come into the sport with no preconcieved bias or ideas is good too.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach839No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9645.gif
hello:9645.gif

According to this interview it appears as though a fee was paid, some very solid and positive news, he says he wants to promote Rugby League next to Soccer as their two biggest sports, and they'll be a magazine show and extra cameras at games...very positive and a milestone for the sport in France.

See below for translation.

www.lindepend...aris,115792.php

In June (or July) the next Catalans Dragons will switch into another world. Since he bought a part of the rights of French football for Al-Jazeera, last summer (see below), Charles Bietry is the 'buzz'. The media world is in turmoil and awaits the arrival of the chain of Qatar on French screens. And Catalans Dragons will be. Tuesday night, Al-Jazeera and the RFL have agreed. Unexpected for a club shunned by the national media and especially since the judgment TVs Contract with Orange last year.

Especially since it's not anyone looked at the fate of the Dragons. Charles Bietry blew mediatically football and rugby union in a setting like no other pictures. The Catalans Dragons and lovers of rugby league should be delighted by the combination of talent from the former athletic director of Canal + and unlimited means of Al-Jazeera. Charles Bietry who granted us an exclusive interview in which he reveals his ambition around the Super League.

When will Al-Jazeera will broadcast its first Super League matches?

The launch date of the chains has not yet been set. It will be this week. We stay with June-July. That means we take the Super League season underway.

How much are the fees you paid to broadcast the Super League?

I do not disclose details of my contract. In any case, we will more than anything done by the chains that had the rights of the Dragons so far (note: Sport + gave nothing, Orange took the production costs dependent).

What role will the rugby league on your chains knowing that you have gained many rights on football?

The XIII will have an important place. This will be one of our major products. I know that rugby league is a great sport. Without denigrating the XV, we realize that 15 players per team on a lot, that's a lot. Moreover we see that when there is a yellow card, the spaces become available. XIII A, there is more action, more play It's a very good show. It really is a sport television. I still do not understand how the sport has not 'taken' in television.

"Al-Jazeera will broadcast the Super League, NRL and State of Origin"

What exactly will broadcast Al-Jazeera?

We will produce and will broadcast all matches of the Catalans Dragons at home but also those outside that Sky will broadcast (note: Sky only broadcast the match at Warrington on July 9 after the antenna Al-Jazeera). But there will be the Super League every week on our channels. It will broadcast one or more matches in Sky. But we will also have the NRL Championship (Australia) and the State of Origin.

Are you interested in the France team or the Elite?

Not by the Elite at the moment but the team of France why not. In this regard, I met the vice-president of the Federation today (note: yesterday) because the president was not available.

Which means you put on the treatment of Dragons?

We will live in the Super League week through magazines. It will come as often in Perpignan prepare for living subjects of the Dragons. And concerning the processing of matches, we will not place four cameras and then here. We have the same means as those I put on football.

When you chaired the PSG sports, you threw the PSG Rugby League, what experience have you gained?

I have very fond memories. We had something good with Jacques Fouroux was invested therein. And then we had 18,000 people Charléty anyway!
According to this interview it appears as though a fee was paid, some very solid and positive news, he says he wants to promote Rugby League next to Soccer as their two biggest sports, and they'll be a magazine show and extra cameras at games...very positive and a milestone for the sport in France.

See below for translation.

www.lindepend...aris,115792.php

In June (or July) the next Catalans Dragons will switch into another world. Since he bought a part of the rights of French football for Al-Jazeera, last summer (see below), Charles Bietry is the 'buzz'. The media world is in turmoil and awaits the arrival of the chain of Qatar on French screens. And Catalans Dragons will be. Tuesday night, Al-Jazeera and the RFL have agreed. Unexpected for a club shunned by the national media and especially since the judgment TVs Contract with Orange last year.

Especially since it's not anyone looked at the fate of the Dragons. Charles Bietry blew mediatically football and rugby union in a setting like no other pictures. The Catalans Dragons and lovers of rugby league should be delighted by the combination of talent from the former athletic director of Canal + and unlimited means of Al-Jazeera. Charles Bietry who granted us an exclusive interview in which he reveals his ambition around the Super League.

When will Al-Jazeera will broadcast its first Super League matches?

The launch date of the chains has not yet been set. It will be this week. We stay with June-July. That means we take the Super League season underway.

How much are the fees you paid to broadcast the Super League?

I do not disclose details of my contract. In any case, we will more than anything done by the chains that had the rights of the Dragons so far (note: Sport + gave nothing, Orange took the production costs dependent).

What role will the rugby league on your chains knowing that you have gained many rights on football?

The XIII will have an important place. This will be one of our major products. I know that rugby league is a great sport. Without denigrating the XV, we realize that 15 players per team on a lot, that's a lot. Moreover we see that when there is a yellow card, the spaces become available. XIII A, there is more action, more play It's a very good show. It really is a sport television. I still do not understand how the sport has not 'taken' in television.

"Al-Jazeera will broadcast the Super League, NRL and State of Origin"

What exactly will broadcast Al-Jazeera?

We will produce and will broadcast all matches of the Catalans Dragons at home but also those outside that Sky will broadcast (note: Sky only broadcast the match at Warrington on July 9 after the antenna Al-Jazeera). But there will be the Super League every week on our channels. It will broadcast one or more matches in Sky. But we will also have the NRL Championship (Australia) and the State of Origin.

Are you interested in the France team or the Elite?

Not by the Elite at the moment but the team of France why not. In this regard, I met the vice-president of the Federation today (note: yesterday) because the president was not available.

Which means you put on the treatment of Dragons?

We will live in the Super League week through magazines. It will come as often in Perpignan prepare for living subjects of the Dragons. And concerning the processing of matches, we will not place four cameras and then here. We have the same means as those I put on football.

When you chaired the PSG sports, you threw the PSG Rugby League, what experience have you gained?

I have very fond memories. We had something good with Jacques Fouroux was invested therein. And then we had 18,000 people Charléty anyway!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2453
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11060_1286462910.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11060.jpeg

Sadly orbit show Super League and NRL across the middle east where Aljaz have 10 sports channel which can be viewed via a card in the UK.

will be tricky to obtain a French channel card.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

Wish they'd stream it on internet. Amazed in this day and age that Tv companies don't take advantage of the internet to get a much wider audience

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2453
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11060_1286462910.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11060.jpeg

Quote: JB Down Under "Wish they'd stream it on internet. Amazed in this day and age that Tv companies don't take advantage of the internet to get a much wider audience'"

All down to rights. More places you show it the more you have to pay.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This is great news. Al-Jazeera making big moves in france.

Love the quote on how Rugby League is a great sport and he doesnt understand why it not taken off on TV in france.

They will have a friday night ligue 1 game every week from 2012-2013. Will be interesting to see if they try and move in the UK once the EPL rights go back up for grabs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1796No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10523.jpg
:10523.jpg

Great news. Sure I read earlier they'll be showing NRL too.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1796No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10523.jpg
:10523.jpg

Just read that article above.

What exactly was this guys involvement in psg rl?

RankPostsTeam
International Star497
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51841_1278691590.jpg
Sorry for my bad english, i'm a catalan!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51841.jpg

Quote: Nick NJ "Just read that article above.

What exactly was this guys involvement in psg rl?'"

Helped Jacques Fouroux for TV broadcasting. Charles Biétry worked at Canal+ for many years, he was the man who pushed rugby league under the lights, with PSG RL ( and after, rugby union became very strong...).

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg
[quote:18jc6kzm]I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote:18jc6kzm]Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote="Jamie Jones-Buchanan":18jc6kzm]"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.[/quote:18jc6kzm]:1506.jpg

Quote: JB Down Under "Wish they'd stream it on internet. Amazed in this day and age that Tv companies don't take advantage of the internet to get a much wider audience'"

SLTV does stream live games IIRC, although only to countries that don't have a TV agreement with the RFL

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9426
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42169_1366443727.jpg
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT" ............................................................................................................................................... Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too" ............................................................................................................................................... "What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013 ...............................................................................................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42169.jpg

Interview with Charles Biétry here:

www.internationalrugbyleague.net ... or-dragons
Interview with Charles Biétry here:

www.internationalrugbyleague.net ... or-dragons

23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.29541015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do we want in the play-offs
Barstool Pre
8m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
Broadacres
12m