FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > STOSIC leaving wakefield?
189 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wildthing "Maybe Marsden Giant should ring the club and ask for answers.

As 'mere' fans we don't know half of the 'goings on' at the club.
Unless of course its just MG's personal vendetta against anything Wakefield?

One does wonder.'"

Does one? Wow.

Amazing how some wakey fans write about vendettas! My comments have been about your finances (where most wakey fans were denying there was a probem) Winterstein (taking on overseas reserve graders when you have loads of overseas players) and now Stosic and 10 / 11 overseas players. All legit RL and hardly a vendetta icon_lol.gif Some wakey fans seem touchy.

The last 2 points are the same theme. And the theme of this thread.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: Marsdengiant "Nothing to say on having 10 / 11 non fed trained players? No surprise there.
Back to tugging your forlock TRB
Sure have - for those sensible enough to understand it! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRB "Sure have - for those sensible enough to understand it!
Yeah yeah. Or perhaps those gullible enough to believe it. Careful with the forlock old chap icon_wink.gif

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: Marsdengiant "Yeah yeah. Or perhaps those gullible enough to believe it. Careful with the forlock old chap

I will - old chap! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRB "I will - old chap!
icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12492
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Quote: Marsdengiant "Does one? Wow.

Amazing how some wakey fans write about vendettas! My comments have been about your finances (where most wakey fans were denying there was a probem) Winterstein (taking on overseas reserve graders when you have loads of overseas players) and now Stosic and 10 / 11 overseas players. All legit RL and hardly a vendetta
Amazing indeed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wildthing "Amazing indeed.'"

Agreed icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7372_1323373487.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7372.jpg

Quote: Marsdengiant "Does one? Wow.

Amazing how some wakey fans write about vendettas! My comments have been about:'"

Quote: Marsdengiant "your finances '"

Quote: Marsdengiant "Winterstein '"

Quote: Marsdengiant "Stosic'"

Quote: Marsdengiant "10 / 11 overseas players'"

Definition of vendetta
A situation in which someone has angry and negative feelings towards someone else and keeps trying to harm them or to cause problems for them
[iSource

Condemned by your own words!

I can't be bothered searching for all the other threads you've jumped on with your negativity towards Wakefield

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46371.jpg
:46371.jpg

signing seven of our own academy into the first team with at least another four next season i would guess(from this seasons side) is a fantastic thing for the british game, however they can not all be stuck straight into the first team so bringing in some experienced player seems sensible dosent it?

cant see how this long term strategy can possibly be a bad thing

what are your club doing to promote the young british talent icon_confused.gif:

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

In fairness though as mentioned we have lost several of our young british talents Atkins and Grix for instance, so i'll make a swift 2 points -

1) Who is there around at the moment who Wakey could afford, who would not be a massive loss of ability in either positon and from the UK?

2) I believe that there isn't anyone who meets all 3 of the above criteria and therefore i would rather see a proven overseas player there, than some average youth who is in the team for no other reason than he is British.

Having said that though, I do agree that 10 overseas players is going against the spirit of the quota system and the new forward thinking that is becoming more prevalent in the game in general.

And really, we arn't that much more guilty than any other team, its the whole thing needs looking at and the rules on overseas players tightening up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach729No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2010Feb 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45109.jpg
LEEDS WHINOS OFFICIALLY THE WORST PITCH IN THE LEAGUE:45109.jpg

Quote: TrinityIHC "In fairness though as mentioned we have lost several of our young british talents Atkins and Grix for instance, so i'll make a swift 2 points -

1) Who is there around at the moment who Wakey could afford, who would not be a massive loss of ability in either positon and from the UK?

2) I believe that there isn't anyone who meets all 3 of the above criteria and therefore i would rather see a proven overseas player there, than some average youth who is in the team for no other reason than he is British.

Having said that though, I do agree that 10 overseas players is going against the spirit of the quota system and the new forward thinking that is becoming more prevalent in the game in general.

And really, we arn't that much more guilty than any other team, its the whole thing needs looking at and the rules on overseas players tightening up.'"

agree 100% got to say the rules at the moment are there to be bent broken however you look at them, its about time there was a blanket block, no more than 4 overseas players, irrespective of where they are from. overseas is any country or continent not directly connected with GB. how simple is that not Franks grandad came from Azerbajan, or Peters great great grandma was from Outer Mongolia.....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: TrinityIHC "In fairness though as mentioned we have lost several of our young british talents Atkins and Grix for instance, so i'll make a swift 2 points -

And really, we arn't that much more guilty than any other team, its the whole thing needs looking at and the rules on overseas players tightening up.'"

that really isnt the issue is it, Wakefield dont deserve an advantage because they were embarrasingly poor previously, and in effect thats what you would get

Clubs for too long have been protected from their own incompetence and that really is terrible for the game as a whole

if Wakefield using 10/11 overseas players next season finish 8th ahead of a club who use say 6 overseas players, that other club has been punished by giving something back to the game, where is their reward for investing in our games future?

why wouldnt that clubs management then think sod this bringing through youngsters and giving them a chance malarky, Wakefield are getting all the benefits of play off rugby by spending less on some mediocre imports, lets get rid of these youngsters who [imight[/i take us to play off rugby and spend the money on these Aussies who [iwill[/i take us to play off rugby instead

if Wakefield have to be for a season or two to bring through their talent, so be it, thats how it works, if you need to play a player not quite as good as an import you could get, good, then a club who has invested in developing youngsters, and who has given a chance to british youngsters will get their reward and you will get yours

whilst Wakefields fans are defending their club, think of it another way, how will they feel if they lose out on a play off spot to a club with 14 overseas players? what if every team just says sod it and employs a squad full of overseas players then Wakefield are still left at the bottom because they cant spend as much as everyone else, so other teams get better imports and we are back where we started but with more imports and nobody has benefitted

its shameful form, that clubs are using loopholes like these, but they are only of a benefit whilst other clubs dont use them, they are punishing clubs for doing what we want them to do

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg

Quote: SmokeyTA "its shameful form, that clubs are using loopholes like these, but they are only of a benefit whilst other clubs dont use them, they are punishing clubs for doing what we want them to do'"

They are not loopholes - they are the rules under which we all operate. The rules are designed to protect the employment of previously existing players, and once they have gone we will all have reduced levels as the rules have been tightened severely - which is right.

In the meantime, Wakefield have improved their junior development beyond any other club - so in that sense we are doing at least as much, if not more, to develop the quality and quantity of player production than all the other clubs at SL level - so what't the problem exactly? icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: TRB "They are not loopholes - they are the rules under which we all operate. The rules are designed to protect the employment of previously existing players, and once they have gone we will all have reduced levels as the rules have been tightened severely - which is right.

In the meantime, Wakefield have improved their junior development beyond any other club - so in that sense we are doing at least as much, if not more, to develop the quality and quantity of player production than all the other clubs at SL level - so what't the problem exactly?
no they are loopholes, they are actions contrary to the spirit of the rules, rules put in place to increase the number of british youngsters in the game, not the number of Australians who can get a macedonian passport, the rules werent put in place to protect new players who can get a passport for a country we legally cannot stop earning a living here

in the meantime, Wakefield can surely rely on their youngsters, or if not suffer the consequences of not putting the effort into junior development earlier

and the problem is Wakefield signing of players like Stosic ahead of british players makes it harder for other clubs to sign british youngsters ahead of players like Stosic

again, the only reason Wakefield need to keep a player like Stosic is because some others dont follow the same route

if all clubs acted like Wakefield, then Wakefield would be back at the bottom as others could spend more on more and better imports

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Marsdengiant "'"
]

[It says that they have 30-50% fewer than Wakey]

Are you sure about that??

You say Wakefield arent within the spirit of the rules.

I dont recall it being Wakey that set the ball rolling,looking for exemptions,i would say Simon Finnegan and Bradford(although i recall Bradford denying anything to do with it) starting the ball rolling when challenging the new quota rules.Was it then followed HKR who started looking for exemptions for Stanley Gene.

I doubt if any club isnt actually manipulating the rules to their benefit.

As ive already said 10/11 is very poor,but Wakey are just the poorest of the poor when it comes to overseas signings,no club has anything particular to be proud of when the best we can get to is 5 overseas players.

189 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
189 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.66015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
NRL
Deadcowboys1
54m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
58m
Awards
Trojan Horse
60m
Transfer Talk V5
cheekydiddle
Recent
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
Recent
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
Deadcowboys1
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
rubber ducki
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
Wigan Bull
Recent
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
MorePlaymake
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
rubber ducki
1m
Wigan Bull
1m
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
Uncle Rico
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
excruciating
2m
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
excruciating
2m
MorePlaymake
3m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ratticusfinc
3m
NRL
Deadcowboys1
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
5m
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Awards
Trojan Horse
TODAY
dan russell confirmed 2 year contract
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Wigan Bull
TODAY
2025 Catalans Dragons Kit
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Oli Leyland confirmed 2 year deal
MorePlaymake
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Grand Final
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Transfer Talk V5
cheekydiddle
TODAY
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
christopher
TODAY
Search Sexy Girls from your city for night - Authentic Damse
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Keenan Palasia - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Wildthing
TODAY
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Butcher
TODAY
Decision on the field
Trainman
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ratticusfinc
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,773 80,13414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 13th Oct
CH
Swinton-Hunslet
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22