FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > So by the end of the third year of this franchising
97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman11181
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
936.jpg
:936.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "this is sport and life for you

elite isnt for the little guy its for the elite'"

But it's not 'franchises' for you, is it? How come the Cincinatti Bengals are still in the NFL? They've been consistently sh*t for years after all. How come the Packers are there? Relative to the rest of them, they're a very small town.

Franchising is supposed to be about raising the standard of everyone who has one to an appropriate (in this context, elite) level, then expanding that base for those who aspire to join. For an organisation to lose a franchise they should be either persistently failing to meet the required standard over an extended period or have commited such a heinous sin as to make their continued participation utterly untenable. Given that no organisation is going to willingly commit suicide in that way it should be a very rare thing indeed, wouldn't you agree?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2912No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25057_1281800333.jpeg
www.hullrockers.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25057.jpeg

Quote: SmokeyTA "if all clubs were at or close or had route to being A licenses that would be the case,'"

They don't need to be A licenses though do they, because in reality it is impossible for a club outside of SL to put together a bid good enough for an A license. The best they could achieve would I guess be a "strong C".

I imagine that every existing SL club ought to be a B or strong C by 2012 and if I recall correctly clubs can only move up or down 1 grade at a time so even a B would guarantee that clubs inclusion for 6 years which sort of makes life very difficult for any potential new entrants.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Disco "But it's not 'franchises' for you, is it? How come the Cincinatti Bengals are still in the NFL? They've been consistently sh*t for years after all. How come the Packers are there? Relative to the rest of them, they're a very small town.'"

so you would be more comfortable with the owners of say Castleford moving the club lock stock to say leicester?

Quote: Disco "Franchising is supposed to be about raising the standard of everyone who has one to an appropriate (in this context, elite) level, then expanding that base for those who aspire to join. For an organisation to lose a franchise they should be either persistently failing to meet the required standard over an extended period or have commited such a heinous sin as to make their continued participation utterly untenable. Given that no organisation is going to willingly commit suicide in that way it should be a very rare thing indeed, wouldn't you agree?'"

i think eventually yeah, but right now we arent at a position where any club is meeting the eventual required standard, any of them,

some arent far away, probably only leeds and hull could say they are close, but both can and need to improve,

the rest arent close, some are very far away indeed

the minimum standard we are asking now is pretty low, and as the league is structured now, i dont believe it is possible for all the clubs to make a the standard we will ask of them, some have made very little progress towards that,

its worth remembering that in your example, there has been many changes to the make up of the the NFL mostly in moving to bigger cities

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Barnacle Bill "They don't need to be A licenses though do they, because in reality it is impossible for a club outside of SL to put together a bid good enough for an A license. The best they could achieve would I guess be a "strong C".'"
for clubs outside SL yes, but we are talking about the clubs already in SL

Quote: Barnacle Bill "I imagine that every existing SL club ought to be a B or strong C by 2012 and if I recall correctly clubs can only move up or down 1 grade at a time so even a B would guarantee that clubs inclusion for 6 years which sort of makes life very difficult for any potential new entrants.'"

and if that was the case great, but there will still be clubs who wont, without the stadium improvements, and with the faillings they currently have in youth development, i dont see Hull KR getting a B

similarly, without a new stadium i cant see Cas or Wakefield getting a B, ill ignore celtic for the moment as they are different but i doubt they will be at 'b' status either, nor Salford without their stadium improvements,

there are 4 or 5 clubs who are a bit away from making B status,

in 2012 i would hope to see Wigan and Saints get to A status, for Sts most of that depends on their new stadium, possibly huddersfield making a jump too,

i would also fully expect Les Cats to be at B grade, and im confident with a bit of luck Quins can too and Bradford to still be a 'b' club,

if that is the case, and we have 5 or 6 'A' grade clubs, and 4 or 5 'B' grade clubs, then the standard to attain an 'A' and 'B' grade will rise and the 'C' grade clubs will be judged on progress towards that

so then we have the 4 'C' clubs, HKR, Cas, Wakefield and Salford, who are at risk, maybe one or two get their stadiums, maybe HKR build that new stand and scrape a 'B' maybe Salford get theirs, then those two are sitting pretty,

which then only leaves Cas and Wakefield as 'C' clubs it then becomes pretty easy to drop one of those two, and even easier if only one gets a stadium

you may disagree with the ratings i have given, but im sure you can see how some clubs are at risk unless they improve

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2912No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25057_1281800333.jpeg
www.hullrockers.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25057.jpeg

Quote: SmokeyTA "for clubs outside SL yes, but we are talking about the clubs already in SL

and if that was the case great, but there will still be clubs who wont, without the stadium improvements, and with the faillings they currently have in youth development, i dont see Hull KR getting a B

similarly, without a new stadium i cant see Cas or Wakefield getting a B, ill ignore celtic for the moment as they are different but i doubt they will be at 'b' status either, nor Salford without their stadium improvements,

there are 4 or 5 clubs who are a bit away from making B status,

in 2012 i would hope to see Wigan and Saints get to A status, for Sts most of that depends on their new stadium, possibly huddersfield making a jump too,

i would also fully expect Les Cats to be at B grade, and im confident with a bit of luck Quins can too and Bradford to still be a 'b' club,

if that is the case, and we have 5 or 6 'A' grade clubs, and 4 or 5 'B' grade clubs, then the standard to attain an 'A' and 'B' grade will rise and the 'C' grade clubs will be judged on progress towards that

so then we have the 4 'C' clubs, HKR, Cas, Wakefield and Salford, who are at risk, maybe one or two get their stadiums, maybe HKR build that new stand and scrape a 'B' maybe Salford get theirs, then those two are sitting pretty,

which then only leaves Cas and Wakefield as 'C' clubs it then becomes pretty easy to drop one of those two, and even easier if only one gets a stadium

you may disagree with the ratings i have given, but im sure you can see how some clubs are at risk unless they improve'"

Yes, the ratings are debatable and I agree that clubs are at risk if they do not improve. But it is conceiveable is it not that all the current "at risk" clubs improve in sufficient areas to make strong C or (if you like) weak B applications. That I think is an almost insurmountable challenge for any club with aspirations to join SL, if the number of teams in is not going to be increased.

Why would an existing club even if it is still a C be removed to be replaced with another C grade club?

I appreciate that there is a place promised for a Championship side next time but I don't think that necessarily means an existing SL club will be demoted or that any future similar promises will be made.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman11181
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
936.jpg
:936.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "so you would be more comfortable with the owners of say Castleford moving the club lock stock to say leicester?'"

I suppose Cas might be analogous to the Packers, and it's true that various NFL franchises have relocated from time to time. Little old Green Bay isn't one of them. Of course, who's close or far away from the SL franchise standard is pretty subjective. You didn't mention Wire for example, but didn't they get an 'A' grade too? We all have our favourites...

To extend the NFL analogy though, if the Cas board did decide it was in their best interests to relocate I would certainly condemn them, but at least it would be their business decision to make... it wouldn't be a precondition of retaining their franchise. In that light it won't happen any time soon, given that British fans' psyche is different to Americans'. British precedents for such a move have hardly been a resounding success.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44393.gif
"They'd butt each other like a pair of billy goats and would both look like a mess at the end of the game. I'd often see Billy an hour later sharing a beer with his rival, with both blokes sporting half a dozen stitches in their scones. They were a breed apart, fornt-rowers - blokes like Bluey were proof of that." Johnny Raper on Billy Wilson and other front rowers of the time:44393.gif

I reckon that the table at the end of the the third season will look like:

1.Leeds
2.Warrington
3.Hull FC
4.St Helens
5.Wigan
6.Hull KR
7.Bradford
8.Huddersfield

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: Barnacle Bill "They don't need to be A licenses though do they, because in reality it is impossible for a club outside of SL to put together a bid good enough for an A license. The best they could achieve would I guess be a "strong C".'"

Bill, I think this is one of the problems with the way the franchise criteria is set out. Like you say, clubs that are outside of SL and making great strides are handicapped by the fact that they aren't already in SL, whereas a club in SL that is underperforming can still look good in comparison because they are being propped up by SL.

Example

I think that if a SL club cannot achieve even a B status after having over 3 years in the SL then their SL future should be in extreme doubt. If clubs can't sort their grounds out then they seriously need to look at other parts of their franchise. We'd all love as many clubs as possible in SL, but there's a limit, and there are too many decent clubs building in the Championship who want to make a real go of it to just let C grade clubs drag them down. Cas, Wakey, Rovers, Celtic, Quins, Salford need to be showing progression. Rovers are building their crowds and upgrading their stadium. Cas don't seem to be moving forward or backwards at all but are getting somewhere with their stadium which should move them up a level. Wakey are improving, but they were REALLY poor before so is it enough? Salford desperately need their stadium. Celtic and Quins can't always play the expansion card.

There's Widnes, Leigh, Halifax of the heartlands clubs and Gateshead, Toulouse and Sheffield of the expansion clubs in the Championship that have access to a SL quality ground and are building as clubs. There's no room for complacency.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Wellsy13 "Bill, I think this is one of the problems with the way the franchise criteria is set out. Like you say, clubs that are outside of SL and making great strides are handicapped by the fact that they aren't already in SL, whereas a club in SL that is underperforming can still look good in comparison because they are being propped up by SL.

ExampleIt's totally unfair for the Championship clubs.
IMO, there should be a criteria for Championship clubs and a criteria for SL clubs. If they want a 10,000 average in SL, then they should be aiming for about one-third of that for the Championship. Same with income. Playing standards have been accounted for already (top-8 average vs GF appearance). I think a club like Salford would struggle with a Championship criteria if they were in there, and Widnes wouldn't.

I think that if a SL club cannot achieve even a B status after having over 3 years in the SL then their SL future should be in extreme doubt. If clubs can't sort their grounds out then they seriously need to look at other parts of their franchise. We'd all love as many clubs as possible in SL, but there's a limit, and there are too many decent clubs building in the Championship who want to make a real go of it to just let C grade clubs drag them down. Cas, Wakey, Rovers, Celtic, Quins, Salford need to be showing progression. Rovers are building their crowds and upgrading their stadium. Cas don't seem to be moving forward or backwards at all but are getting somewhere with their stadium which should move them up a level. Wakey are improving, but they were REALLY poor before so is it enough? Salford desperately need their stadium. Celtic and Quins can't always play the expansion card.

There's Widnes, Leigh, Halifax of the heartlands clubs and Gateshead, Toulouse and Sheffield of the expansion clubs in the Championship that have access to a SL quality ground and are building as clubs. There's no room for complacency.'"

Not really some Championship clubs will be very fairly treated , some wont

That's the way it is

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Please lock this one.

I hate to think about all the time this has wasted for so many.

What utter garbage, four games in! icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4245No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36819_1328648313.jpg
WELSH RUGBY LEAGUE - PRIDE & PASSION IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36819.jpg

Agreed.

We can open it again after 7 games........only joking.

Let's at least give it a season before debating.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: Disco "This is essentially the ethos behind all you're arguing isn't it? "Screw the little guy, they don't maximise my profits". My stance revolves around avoiding disillusioning even the little guy when there's no real reason to do so, and when you continually refer to that as a "strange" way of thinking I just feel sorry for you.'"

There are two types of fans that want expansion, those who want all clubs to grow and better themselves, whilst new clubs come into the fold, and those who only care about certain clubs, and would be happy to see 10 teams die out if it meant a couple of big city teams prosper. Both sides have there reasons, but as an RL fans i want all rl teams to prosper and belive in taking measures to do this, as opposed to helping some clubs but not others.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: Dico "I think Smokey raises some very good points but I agree with the initial point that no club should be dropped for an 'expansion' club at this time.
I feel this was the reason that Cas or Wakey weren't dropped last year, there's no point destroying a current SL club for a 'gamble'.

In time that might change, however what i'd like to see in time, possibly ten years would be two conferences. RL has always been innovative in this country and if we had 20 teams at some point i'd like to see an East and a West conference playing each other home and away and playing each team from the other conference alternating each year H/A, 27 games plus Magic, culminating in a Grand Final between the conferences.
Or possibly a playoff system involving the top 4 from each combined to form a top 8, similar to the NHL system.
Thoughts?'"

I think your right that a conferance system is the way we have to go, though i think we should aim for 2 12 team league (32 game season, with magic weekend) something like

leeds
bradford
huddersfield
wakefield
castleford
halifax/sheffield
hull fc
hull kr
quins
skolars
gateshead
scottish team

wigan
saints
widnes
salford
leigh
wire
catalans
toulouse
irish team
cumbrian team
celtic crusaders
birmingham/liecester

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: pyeman "I think your right that a conferance system is the way we have to go, though i think we should aim for 2 12 team league (32 game season, with magic weekend) something like

leeds
bradford
huddersfield
wakefield
castleford
halifax/sheffield
hull fc
hull kr
quins
skolars
gateshead
scottish team

wigan
saints
widnes
salford
leigh
wire
catalans
toulouse
irish team
cumbrian team
celtic crusaders
birmingham/liecester'"

How did you get a 32-game season?

And if we got to that many teams (which won't happen for years, if ever!), you could maybe go with a three 8-team conferences, with another cup competition in the middle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: pyeman "I think your right that a conferance system is the way we have to go, though i think we should aim for 2 12 team league (32 game season, with magic weekend) something like
'"

32 games a season is too many with playoffs and the challenge cup on top, your looking at elite players playing 40 games a year before any internationals,

plus 8 teams from yorkshire in a 12 team league? a bit much isnt it

97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.61181640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
WWste
10m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
11m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
12m
Film game
Wanderer
19m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
Recent
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
54s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
57s
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
1m
Vancouver Le
1m
Rumours thread
PopTart
1m
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
1m
Championship Awards
FIL
2m
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
2m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Jack Burton
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,333 ↑30880,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 6 176 72 104 10
St.Helens 6 130 44 86 10
Warrington 6 180 90 90 8
Catalans 5 126 54 72 8
Hull KR 6 132 73 59 8
Leeds 6 108 88 20 8

Salford 6 127 118 9 8
Huddersfield 6 120 104 16 6
Leigh 6 110 114 -4 2
Hull FC 6 64 196 -132 2
Castleford 6 62 204 -142 0
LondonB 6 60 246 -186 0
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22