FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > If, God forbid...
152 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB24.gif
Life is pretty simple: You do stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works.:cartoons/WB24.gif

Quote: Judder Man "All part of the "swings and roundabouts" of both campaigns, will you move to Scotland before World War 111 starts (Cameron), and the end of western civilisations starts (EU Tusks)'"

Not sure swings and roundabouts sums it up. Both sides were as equally crass in their statements. Hate and fear predominated in all assertions. Most assertions being larger than life, another word for it is lies. Not much different from any other political campaign and now the reneging on promises or denial that something was ever offered is in full swing. I'm sure it would have been the case if the result had gone the other way. The joke is some of these politicians are now commenting on how it was a well debated campaign. Any voter, whatever perspective struggled to find any statistics or views that could be relied on to make any informed judgements. Some are now trying to suggest that a period of reflection is needed before we enter discussions.

The main facts in all of this are that we were all let down by the politicians and the media in terms of debate.
We are all entering a period of the Unknown.
The divisions in the country hidden (ignored?) by the first past the post system are now rather clear.
We will all now discover the economic implications which in reality as it always does will hit the poorest and disadvantaged the most.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg
[img:2penstlp]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5994/saints7sk.gif[/img:2penstlp] "...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. ":187.jpg

You may not want to see what Leave has unleashed. You may not be able to see it. But its still there. The sad thing is, you're exhibiting it yourself: aggression to those who disagree, offensive dismissing of others' genuine fears, a preference for claiming victimhood over engaging with arguments. You can't see it. That's what makes this so worrying for the rest of us.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: headhunter "The Northern pit town residents who voted for Brexit will now have less money to watch their teams.'"

The majority of Wales too showed good sense too to make their decision on the big picture.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: joetwizzy "The polls showed the more education the more likely to vote remain.'"

.......and the less in touch in touch with the electorate!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB24.gif
Life is pretty simple: You do stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works.:cartoons/WB24.gif

Quote: Juan Cornetto "The majority of Wales too showed good sense too to make their decision on the big picture.'"

Wales is an interesting one. By head it receives more money back from the EU than as part of the U.K. it proportionally puts in. How this is addressed in the future is going to be a headache for the Welsh assembly.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain335No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Roy Haggerty "Lies about Turkey? Lies about £350m? Screaming anti-immigrant headlines every day? Calling Nobel prize-winners "nazis"? '"

& I'll come back at you with World War 111, tariff wars, emergency budgets, back of the queue in trade talks with U.S.

Quote: Roy Haggerty "The Leave campaign was described by one academic as "dishonesty on an industrial scale".'"

"One academic" - oh well, you've now convinced me!

Quote: Roy Haggerty "That's the problem with allowing charlatans to steer a country up the dead-end of vaccuous nationalism

More of your wallowing self-pity. Grow up man. We're not at war (although you probably think you are). Nobody's died. Nothing will change that much. Society will carry on regardless of which result. You sound like a very poor loser to me - probably about right for a RL message board.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Getting bored of the insults now, getting bored of the frankly immature foot stomping and petitions and fear mongering.

How do countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, every other half wealthy country not of European descent cope?

Our kids apparently can't move to Germany or live in Spain or go to university in France or buy beer in Belgium anymore ffs, listen to yourselves.

How did this barman from Australia end up serving me a pint in Shepherds Bush he's not in Europe?
How did the American study at Cambridge if he's not in Europe?
How did my uncle move to New Zealand, buy a house, get a job and marry a kiwi, a non European Kiwi at that.

Where is our spirit? Do people not realise the strength of our economy, it's just took a battering yet still stronger than most of Europe's.

When did we become a nation of crying weak mindless morons that would give self determination up for the sake of an easier crossing into France and this perceived erosion of rights? Get a grip why is the next government going to turn around and say, we are scrapping maternity leave or we are making 70 hour weeks mandatory.

Good god, the vast overreaction would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I love how I'm being told the reasons why i voted out, like i didn't have a mind of my own, i love it how all the remainers researched every last nook and cranny to the N'th degree and the leave just turned up on the day, sang Rule Britannia punched an immigrant and wrote an X in a box with their monkey feet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB24.gif

Quote: son of headingley "back of the queue in trade talks with U.S.'"

I'm afraid Obama repeated this position yesterday. This was after all a comment the Americans made during the run in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

America, Canada and even Ze Germans have backtracked on their initial threats, has have France.

Money talks at the end of the day, we have lots of it.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg
[img:2penstlp]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5994/saints7sk.gif[/img:2penstlp] "...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. ":187.jpg

No they haven't. In fact they're currently demanding we start the process NOW, while your Leave leaders are trying desperately to delay. They've also already said there'll be no special deals, and when we're out, we're out. Frankfurt and Paris have already started lobbying to place tariffs on City transactions (our largest export), leading to some financial institutions to talk about relocation. In manufacturing, several multinational companies including Ford, and Ryanair have announced they're suspending or reviewing future investment in the UK starting now. Yesterday many British companies had 20-30% wiped off their value in one day, the FTSE 250 had its largest single day loss ever, and the pound is at a low level it hasn't seen for 30 years.

This isn't opinion. It isn't scaremongering. It's actual fact. It's what actually happened in the last 36 hours.

Leave voters voted for a fantasy based on lies. They told experts that they knew better. Well they didn't. So don't come here talking about French and German "backtracking". That's just as much a lie as the lie that this will reduce immigration (go check what the Leave leaders - not Farage, but the actual leaders like Give, Johnson and Hannan have said in the last 24 hours about how they've no intention of reducing immigration).

We're not in the EU club now. They have no reason to play nice, and every reason to crush us. The proportion of our economy dependent on them is far, far bigger than the reverse. There are no friends in business.

This was a vote for economic suicide. It's of no consolation to be able to say I told you do, because you're dragging me and the other 48% down with you.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg

Funny to see the arrogant insulting nonsense being spouted by those that voted to remain as they squirm to try and claim they somehow are better than the majority who voted to leave. Their failure to understand that half the country dislikes the undemocratic protectionist and seriously failing EU and were prepared to take a risk to win back democratic control.

If these voters lack the same formal qualifications of those oh so smug remainiacs then they have more than made up for this by showing better common sense and admirable character in refusing to be bullied. A triumph for democracy.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4157.jpg
:4157.jpg

All hail intellegant proffesor Haggerty, I'm surprised many of us little England racist xenophobes could Muster the intelligence to pick up a pen and actually put a cross in a box let alone research both sides and make our opinion ourselves.

You are in the minority Roy, deal with it and stop acting like such a smug t0$ser

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg

Jesus, this is bizarre.

Leaver "Here's a statement which is demonstrably not true"
Remain "That statement's demonstrably not true. Here's a fact instead. By the way, while we know not all Leavers are racist, it's worrying that all the racists and fascists are on your side of this argument."
Leaver "I'm so sick of the remain voters with their sneery superiority telling us facts and quoting experts, and telling us we're al racists. It's precisely when you start insulting all people on one side, like all the Remainers with their snooty metropolitan arguments and "reality" do, that you make things worse."
Remain "Right. You know I didn't do that, right? Not all Leavers are racists. By the way, here's another fact"
Leave "You're at it again. Calling us all racists with your metropolitan sneer of education and knowledge."
Remain "Wtf is actually happening here?"

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg

Quote: Cas Till I Die "All hail intellegant proffesor Haggerty, I'm surprised many of us little England racist xenophobes could Muster the intelligence to pick up a pen and actually put a cross in a box let alone research both sides and make our opinion ourselves.

You are in the minority Roy, deal with it and stop acting like such a smug t0$ser'"

Tell you what. You find a single sentence and quote it here where I've described all leave voters in derogatory terms of any sort, and I'll apologise. If you can't, you come here and apologise for being deeply offensive just because I posted arguments which you didn't like.

In fact, take a look at the following quotes from this thread which have been aimed at me, personally

Quote: Cas Till I Die "More of your wallowing self-pity. Grow up man. .... You sound like a very poor loser to me .'"

Quote: Cas Till I Die "All hail intellegant proffesor Haggerty, ....deal with it and stop acting like such a smug t0$ser'"

Quote: Cas Till I Die "You talk even more utter rubbish about politics than you do about RL. .....- grow up and get real and use your own mind rather than borrowing others.'"

Quote: Cas Till I Die "you really don't get it do you. Despite your condescending arrogance ...., pathetic.'"

Quote: Cas Till I Die "Are you an 11 year-old girl perchance?!'"

Perhaps firstly, spend some time trying to find any equivalent statement on here where I personally insult a fellow poster for having different views. I don't mean disagree, I mean actually ad hom attack them.

I'll keep this updated for as long as it takes to make the point. Who is aggressive and insulting here?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4157.jpg
:4157.jpg

It's your overall tone Roy, I like most people accept and respect anyone's opinions who was eligible to vote. your point of view that all/most people who voted out was either a pensioner and/or uneducated is as a load of cr@p and about as wrong as the polls were. The majority of the people have had enough of the eu.... It might be joe who works at KFC for a living who voted or it might be Rashiq who works as a manager at Barclays.... It doesn't matter, everyone has an equal view and an equal say. You need to deal with what the majority want..... Or move, Upto you.

152 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
152 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.2119140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
Recent
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Exeter Rhino
26s
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
56s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
1m
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
1m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
2m
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
2m
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
2m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,689 ↑30880,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22