JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

So we have mainly established that its Brough, he is like Lee Briers the man that would have beaten the Aussies 10 years ago but Waite/Noble could never see it.

Also I like the fact that we have brought up the number of times a poster has had sex this week as proof of teh validity of his argument.

I should have added at the start that when I made that post about Ratchford I was already on 4 for the week and was thinking of paying for a 5th tonight....

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: Seth "Yeah and I've every right to ask the question, my bug bare is with people who bang on like they do yet contribute nothing. And before you start, having an opinion is very different to your manner and that of others on this board.'"

MY manner was very much informed by the reponses i received.

You will also note that every insult i have thrown has been a direct quote back at what others have said in their responses.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40284_1492546122.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40284.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "If the biggest stage is World Cup finals then i think you will find that Brough and Sinfield will end their careers on the same score of ZERO'"

So the biggest stage is only the World Cup final?

Broughy bottles it on the biggest stage SL has to offer, he'd be in meltdown in a game like today.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Durham Giant "MY manner was very much informed by the reponses i received.

You will also note that every insult i have thrown has been a direct quote back at what others have said in their responses.'"

I was more referring to your manner with regards to England's perceived success and that of the tournament.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "I asked questions throughout the thread which you chose to explore and then resorted to petty insults. You may notice that my insults mirror exactly those used against me. '"

So you didn't ask me any questions then? In what way did Steve McNamara insult you?

Quote: Durham Giant "I am not worked up about the game. I have been consistent before the WC started and was making to same points about the England coach when he was first appointed. and am making the same points now. '"

You were making, when Steve McNamara was appointed, the same points you are now? That'll be easy for you to prove then won't it. A quote from back then of you saying that he should be playing Sinfield & Widdop at half back along with the other points you've made will exist then will it?

Quote: Durham Giant "McBanana was not the right coach. '"

Grow up.

Quote: Durham Giant "Chase and Sinfield were not the half back combination ( i used to argue for Sinfield and Bough ) as had not seen enough of widdop. '"

So you've changed your mind since then?

Quote: Durham Giant "When it was clear Chase and Sinfield were not working why did he wait until the last game to bring Widdop in. '"

When was that clear exactly? How did this contribute to the disaster this World Cup has been?

Quote: Durham Giant " He was happy to make other changes after one or two games ie Charnley and Briscoe '"

Do you think changing a winger has more or less impact on a team than a halfback.
How did this contribute to the disaster this World Cup has been?

Quote: Durham Giant " Why did he pick 17 players and only play 16. '"

I don't know. Do you?

Quote: Durham Giant "Why was the selection of players so wrong ie Mossop and Tom Burgess '"

Why do you think the selection was "so wrong"? How did this contribute to the disaster this World Cup has been?

Quote: Durham Giant " Why was discipline so bad we lost several players. '"

How bad was discipline in the England squad? Do you know? Where you there?

Quote: Durham Giant "These are important questions that you and many seem to ignore. '"

You know why people ignore them? Because they're ridiculous when attempting to equate them to the World Cup being a disaster.

Quote: Durham Giant "All of these questions have been asked by many others as well '"

Have they? How many people?

Quote: Durham Giant "As for this WC being a disaster it is a combination of what it is and what it could have been.

Did it have a main sponsor. How many of the games were seen by the British Public. I would argue that many of the best games were only seen on a minority payable cable channel.

The above two are concerning FACTS. '"

No they aren't. Just because you type it in capital letters it doesn't make them facts. Especially as you don't even know the answer to the 2nd and you haven't said why the 1st is a problem.

Quote: Durham Giant "As for what it could have been i admit it is conjecture but reasoned.

IF England had got to the final it would have been headlines on the sports and probably main news all week. I think that would have been good for RL in this country beyond the M62.

If England had won the final it would have geberated publicity that exceeded anything that RL in this country had ever had.

England won the RU WC 10 years ago on THursday and that piece of commentary with Johhny Kicking the DG was all over the news. Engalnd winning the RLWC would have had the same efect.

Another game with England in on BBC would have got more people watching the game.

A full house for that England game at OT would have attracted sponsors nationally and locally. '"

Thanks for that. I think you're the only person who's ever thought that.
How does that turn the entire World Cup into a disaster?

Quote: Durham Giant "I will let you into a secret Sponsors like to be associated with teams that win things and are successful. Do you think England getting to the final and maybe winning would have improved Rl.s chances of sponsorship. '"

Again, thanks for that fascinating insight, except you're wrong. Sponsors like to be associated with teams that have lots of people watching them. Hence the sponsorship of football and international rugby union teams.

Quote: Durham Giant "Who is sponsoring SL next season ?

Would a WC win have helped ? '"

How does this relate to the World Cup being a disaster?

You've put nothing forward about why the World Cup, only the most obvious of obvious points that it would have been better had England won the World Cup.

Explain how the increased crowds, media attention and better performances have made this World Cup a disaster?
Can you explain that? Just give it a go?

Quote: Durham Giant "Maybe you can Explain your posts, in the current context. If you can't, then retract them or at least do what other posters do and disappear for a while.

At the moment you sound like a old man who's got so immune to RL failure that you cannot see the negatives because you are so used to accepting mediocrity that can't think straight and must avoid thinking about the issues and blame it on another poster who is so disappointed at an opportunity lost.'"

You see you don't get it. You made the assertion. It's up to you to back it up. No-one else. You.
Most other people can see the World Cup so far as a fantastic advert for rugby league that's finally got some national media exposure, along with improved performances from England.

Why can't you see that? Why is it such a disgrace to lose to New Zealand? Why has it turned the entire World Cup into a disaster?

Actually try and answer the questions to back up your point.

Or you could always lock the thread like you did when you embarrassed yourself on the Bradford sponsorship thread.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

McNamara did not consider Brough, Hock and Hardaker were sent home. Chase and McIlorum have gone home too.
Whether any of those players would have won us the game we will never know.

One thing that's firmly my opinion is that those England forwards today were the best I've ever seen, and I remember the 1962 GB team tha won the World Cup. They were very good, that outfit today were so good it was hard to believe it was an England pack.
We need to build on that, in the main it's a young squad with probably only Sinfield, Westwood and O'Loughlin too old for the next WC.
We now need a new breed of half back, Widdop will stay and two more are needed for further England Intls.

McNamara is the problem, His squad selection this last three years has been awful, England's performances have been very poor at time in the Exiles games.
Today was brilliant but once again we just fell short.
I don't know who, if anyone, we could say for certain had they been in the squad would have won us that game over those that were out there.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

Quote: *1865* "So the biggest stage is only the World Cup final?

Broughy bottles it on the biggest stage SL has to offer, he'd be in meltdown in a game like today.'"

Thats not really fair, I remember seeing a young Danny Brough only a year out of playing in NL2, in the Challenge Cup final and playing very well. I don't think Brough suffers from confidence issues or is likely to be daunted on the big occasion.

I think Brough is like where Briers was a few years back - a very talented player, that was inconsistent in the past but is shaking that out of his game.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3357.jpg

Danny Brough is 30, he's played in one CC final and guess who won the MOM on that day icon_wink.gif

Danny Brough has never played on the big stage where he has been the main playmaker and is unlikely to. What makes people think he would suddenly be able to step up when he never has when it's really counted.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: *1865* "So the biggest stage is only the World Cup final?

Broughy bottles it on the biggest stage SL has to offer, he'd be in meltdown in a game like today.'"

YOU WROTE

Quote: *1865* "Sinfield performed today, on the biggest stage there is'"

Therefore it would seem reasonable to think that you thought a WC semi final is the biggest stage. I correctly pointed out that a WC final is a bigger stage than a WC semi final.
Ergo Brough and Sinfiels will have exactly the same amount of success on the biggest stage ie ZERO.

You are now talking about the SL do you think that is the biggest stage, bigger than the WC.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif

Quote: christopher "Danny Brough is 30, he's played in one CC final and guess who won the MOM on that day
Yet if he played for Leeds he would probably have won loads of trophies and you would have been lauding him as the best thing since sliced bread !

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Brough has never performed on any stage, small or big.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40284_1492546122.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40284.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "YOU WROTE

Therefore it would seem reasonable to think that you thought a WC semi final is the biggest stage. I correctly pointed out that a WC final is a bigger stage than a WC semi final.
Ergo Brough and Sinfiels will have exactly the same amount of success on the biggest stage ie ZERO.

You are now talking about the SL do you think that is the biggest stage, bigger than the WC.'"

I give up, you're just an idiot.

The fact that no one agrees with you should be a sign.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif

Quote: Him "SNIP

Or you could always lock the thread like you did when you embarrassed yourself on the Bradford sponsorship thread.'"

If you can disprove my propositions or statements it is up to you to do it.

If The WC had a main sponsor and you tell me who it is then i am wrong.

If The BBC had the best games as opposed to those on Premier sports then i am wrong.

I am happy for the court of RL opinion to decide if England vs Ireland, France or Fiji were better than

Scotland vs Tonga or Italy or USA vs Cook islands or Tonga vs Cook islands Nz Vs Samoa etc .

I think you are mixing up your threads it was the One wher i was arguing with the Leeds fans rather than Bradford fans which i locked which i said at the time was a mistake as i was bored with it and it was going nowhere ( it was then reopened).

If you want to sprove my views on McBanana have been inconsistent then YOU look for the evidence.

You are a right lazy get. I produce facts and give my view now you do some work and disprove it if you can. ( hint you can go through all my posts and you want be able too ).

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "Yet if he played for Leeds he would probably have won loads of trophies and you would have been lauding him as the best thing since sliced bread !'"

You deal in a lot of ifs and buts which is pointless.

The fact is Brough is 30, he's played in 1 CC final where Sinfield won MOM and has never played in a 'big' game since, what makes you think he would suddenly be able to turn it on in a big game when he never has before?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif

Quote: christopher "You deal in a lot of ifs and buts which is pointless.

The fact is Brough is 30, he's played in 1 CC final where Sinfield won MOM and has never played in a 'big' game since, what makes you think he would suddenly be able to turn it on in a big game when he never has before?'"

You show me one occasion when Sinfield has played in teams as poor as Hull, Wakefield and Huddersfield and made them into all conquering teams.

Your accusation of ifs and buts goes both ways.

But again your point is irrelevant as i keep saying. Not choosing Brough was just one of many errors made by McNamara but you keep ignoring all the others. Why do Leeds fans just want to turn this into Brough vs Sinfield.

What about Chase vs Widdop.

T Burgess vs anyone of 10 other props who could / have should have been picked.
etc etc etc

92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.81201171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m
Film game
Wanderer
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
23m
Fev H Play Off
Bullseye
28m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
The Speculat
29m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ocdstephen
36m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Chris71
38m
Play-off semi-final
55m
Proposed rule changes 2025
rollin thund
Recent
Coach of the Year
Bobby Digita
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leigh it is
Stu M
30s
Shopping list for 2025
ComeOnYouUll
40s
Call for funds
Listenup94
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Chris71
1m
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
1m
Season 2024
Zoo Zoo Boom
1m
Rumours thread
homme vaste
1m
Rumours and signings v9
nathan_rugby
1m
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
1m
Staying or Not
rollin thund
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Proposed rule changes 2025
rollin thund
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Bullseye
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
The Speculat
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
Stu M
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
MorePlaymake
TODAY
We are in good hands
God
TODAY
Josh Charnley
Vancouver Le
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +33,028 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 4th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
Sun 22nd Sep
CH 27 Batley28-14Swinton
CH 27 Halifax14-10Bradford
CH 27 Swinton20-22Doncaster
L1 24 Hunslet18-14Midlands
L1 24 Keighley26-22Rochdale
WSL2024 15 LeedsW10-12York V
WSL2024 15 St.HelensW18-4WiganW
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22