OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
869_1597404840.jpg
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_869.jpg

Quote: IR80 "Where, are, The RFL Bradford's main creditor?'"

I wouldn't say so. They were one of the creditors for sure but not a significant one. In any case if they were a major creditor it brings with it a huge conflict of interest. Would they act as a creditor and install whichever owner was willing to pay the highest pence in the pound on the debt, or would they act as the governing body and install whichever new owner had the means to bring the club into a sustainable footing. I've demonstrated that they've actively ignored bids underpinned with meaningful wealth that seemingly would have offered the best long term outcomes for the club. I find it inexplicable.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain336
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75666_1595263025.jpg
'Great defence, always wins games, y'only have to score one more point than them. If tha does, tha'll win, if that doesn't tha'll lose, learn from it, more than the win last week.'. Peter Fox, 1980.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75666.jpg

Quote: Donnyman "I don't get why they are still offering themselves.

Recalling when they had Mark Campbell organising the ground and the club structures superbly, then setting up Nahaboo to fund it all, they were on the brink of getting to SL. Then Nahaboo pulled out and they have been on a shoestring budget since????.'"

They are offering themselves up because of it was fair they should be chosen, and even if they lose every game 100 nil, they will make double the money that they would earn in Championship. hey would fill POR every home game.

It would be fair of them to be offered the spot. But of course they will not be chosen by the SL Chairmen. (why no women?), as this is all about protecting the top clubs business model, then the game at the top and then the RFL and then the wider pyramid.

The Bulls will go up. It is the obvious result. IF yo are not a SL Chairman or Elstone why would you chose a village team that will bring 500 people?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3853
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53838_1362327793.jpg
And so you aim towards the sky, And you'll rise high today, Fly away, Far away, Far from pain....:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53838.jpg

Quote: JTCFJG "

The Bulls will go up. '"

I do get the impression from your many posts where you constantly repeat this mantra, that it's more borne out of a desperate hope for it to happen, rather than it being based on any solid plan.

Nobody outside of Bradford wants the 'Bulls' back in that decrepit old bowl and from what I read on here, you don't seem to have some sugar daddy ready to make you a viable option.

Going back to Odsal would just be an admission that the game in the UK is a dead fish.. Personally, I'd say Leigh are a far more realistic option.. great stadium and an ambitious and long serving owner, who actually supports the club. Also, would balance out the east/west of the Pennines split - Does the league really need another cash strapped Yorkshire club?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8097
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
869_1597404840.jpg
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_869.jpg

There is no plausible way of Bradford being in super league within the next few years. The idea of being gifted a slot seems bonkers, and frankly we've been the subject of quite enough ill-will without further p1ssing everyone off.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain336
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75666_1595263025.jpg
'Great defence, always wins games, y'only have to score one more point than them. If tha does, tha'll win, if that doesn't tha'll lose, learn from it, more than the win last week.'. Peter Fox, 1980.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75666.jpg

Quote: Dita's Slot Meter "I do get the impression from your many posts where you constantly repeat this mantra, that it's more borne out of a desperate hope for it to happen, rather than it being based on any solid plan.

Nobody outside of Bradford wants the 'Bulls' back in that decrepit old bowl and from what I read on here, you don't seem to have some sugar daddy ready to make you a viable option.

Going back to Odsal would just be an admission that the game in the UK is a dead fish.. Personally, I'd say Leigh are a far more realistic option.. great stadium and an ambitious and long serving owner, who actually supports the club. Also, would balance out the east/west of the Pennines split - Does the league really need another cash strapped Yorkshire club?'"

Can you count my many posts please? Has someone hacked my account on this tread?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3853
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53838_1362327793.jpg
And so you aim towards the sky, And you'll rise high today, Fly away, Far away, Far from pain....:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53838.jpg

Quote: JTCFJG "Can you count my many posts please? Has someone hacked my account on this tread?'"

There are a number of threads in which you have participated, in which you push the idea that Bradford at Odsal is some sort of viable option for the future of SL - I sense it's more desperation on your part, as I've yet to hear any argument that makes it a good idea.

On a list of the possibilities I've read about on here (Featherstone, Widnes, Leigh, Newcastle, Toulouse, etc), I'd suggest Bradford, especially at Odsal, are towards the bottom of the pile.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Pumpetypump "I wouldn't say so. They were one of the creditors for sure but not a significant one. In any case if they were a major creditor it brings with it a huge conflict of interest. Would they act as a creditor and install whichever owner was willing to pay the highest pence in the pound on the debt, or would they act as the governing body and install whichever new owner had the means to bring the club into a sustainable footing. I've demonstrated that they've actively ignored bids underpinned with meaningful wealth that seemingly would have offered the best long term outcomes for the club. I find it inexplicable.'"

That was what I was getting at, surely the Administrators are expected to sell for as much as possible, if the RFL vetoed it then they also cost local business and other creditors money?

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Pumpetypump "There is no plausible way of Bradford being in super league within the next few years. The idea of being gifted a slot seems bonkers, and frankly we've been the subject of quite enough ill-will without further p1ssing everyone off.'"

Well said sir.
It should be the same for any and every club that is striving to get there.
With P/R in place, a SL spot has to be gained on the field of play.
Of course, with the Championship season having been effectively cancelled, things are in limbo, which means that there can only be 2 options.
Either, reinstate the relegated club or, promote the next highest ranked club from the previous season.
Heads it's Fev / tails it's London.
If neither of these options is workable, then go for aggregate points form the last few seasons but, with London having been in SL for one season, where do you go with that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Well said sir.
Of course, with the Championship season having been effectively cancelled, things are in limbo, which means that there can only be 2 options.
Either, reinstate the relegated club or, promote the next highest ranked club from the previous season.
If neither of these options is workable, then go for aggregate points form the last few seasons but, with London having been in SL for one season, where do you go with that.'"

nobody has been relegated...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20337_1416501684.jpg
Mac out!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20337.jpg

11 teams makes magic weekend problematic. If they are going to promote a team then the sooner the better they announce it so that the club can recruit. As London found out it’s difficult to go up and survive when all the other clubs have recruited.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: IR80 "nobody has been relegated...'"

Nobody relegated but, Toronto have withdrawn this season, failing to fulfil their fixtures, failed to pay their players and allowed a number of their squad to move on.
There looks to be no way back for them and IF they are gone, who should fill their spot ?

I know how much you like answering questions so fill yer boots

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A SL spot has to be gained on the field of play.

'"

You keep peddling that one but oddly enough the Canadian Shambles gained their SL spot that way.

I suppose Fev could have won that game, and up would have gone a club with no money relying on Leeds dual Reg players.....

Your just plain wrong here........... McManus is rightly calling for any prospective club to be checked out for their ability to sustain an SL place on a long term basis.

If both leagues were fully pro or all semi pro you may have a point. But you really don't have one here......

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wire-quin "11 teams makes magic weekend problematic. If they are going to promote a team then the sooner the better they announce it so that the club can recruit. As London found out it’s difficult to go up and survive when all the other clubs have recruited.'"

You never know, next season is the last year of the SKY deal. The new deal may switch to licensing - after all this is what McManus is already calling for by asking the RFL to select a new Superleague club on a set of "Criteria"?

Finances, Marketing, Ground, Player development .......... Don't think "avoid bottom place" will be a criteria??

They'd look reet daft sitting round a table to find the best club outside Superleague, stick them in Superleague and then wave them bye only months later if they came bottom. You make a really really good point here.

Clubs will be very careful about being set up just to be fall guys for another rival club at the end of next season pinching their place.......Without having to meet any criteria other than winning the Championship. Again a great point......

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs.":22575.gif

Quote: JTCFJG "They are offering themselves up because of it was fair they should be chosen, and even if they lose every game 100 nil, they will make double the money that they would earn in Championship. hey would fill POR every home game. '"
Doubtful.

They couldn't even sell out vs Leeds in the middle 8s; the only team likely to be a bigger draw is Cas.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world:

If neither of these options is workable, then go for aggregate points form the last few seasons but, with London having been in SL for one season, where do you go with that.'"

What about lying to SL about getting a new stadium built, in order to get a licence? What are your thoughts on that?

219 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
219 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.50732421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
1m
Championship Awards
FIL
8m