JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Video Ref "Huddersfield, Wakefield, Widnes, Leigh, Salford, London.

I do not recall any of these sides ever generating a decent average attendance and they have had about 4 good seasons between them in the last 20 or so years.

What exactly do they bring to the game? Would we miss them if they vanished?'"

Are you just attention seeking?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator39612
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: robinrovers10 "Unless the RFL bring in what they did with Crusaders, where salaries and oversees status was scrapped to enable the players to continue to have an occupation. Hull KR got Lincoln Withers and Ryan O'Hara as a result of the Crusaders colapse, and the majority of the Crusaders squad found new teams. It would be a shame for Widnes to lose their top players in this way, and will only add to the disaster that unfolds.

Good luck and i genuinly hope you come out the other end in a better position, as most have mentioned, Widnes is a hotbed for Rugby League.'"

Ironically widnes got a fair few players out of that arrangement.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain280No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Superleague 2022 will clock you up some real air miles in guesssing. It’s a vision of the likes of Toronto I really don’t blame, they’re doing nothing wrong and will become a success. But the sport I fell in love with growing up was travelling to the likes of Leigh, Saints, Castleford, Halifax, Leeds. Etc.
Proper rugby places with full on rugby league folk. The atmosphere between fans of this game is like no other. Soon, you’ll be travelling to places on a regular occurrence that don’t even speak the same language. The m62 corridor doesn’t sound like the most flashy/appealing system but it’s for me something I’ve loved the pleasure of growing up witnessing.
Times are changing and if you haven’t got the money to mix it at the top with the big boys, then you’ll yo yo around before making way for more expansion.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70807_1599340376.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70807.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "Out of the 4 clubs to be relegated in recent times Widnes Leigh Hull KR and Bradford 3 have gone bust'"

2 actually *Leigh didn't go bust or into admin* which is why we have no points deduction yet DB took us to the edge in a successful attempt to restructure the business, however I get your general drift !

I hope that there are backers waiting in the wings *maybe for admin to get the Club for a song* & that Widnes rebuild towards former glories.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2418No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74893_1459005583.jpg
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74893.jpg

Quote: Ste100Centurions "2 actually *Leigh didn't go bust or into admin* which is why we have no points deduction yet DB took us to the edge in a successful attempt to restructure the business, however I get your general drift !

I hope that there are backers waiting in the wings *maybe for admin to get the Club for a song* & that Widnes rebuild towards former glories.'"

And didnt Bradford go ' bust ' in SL before relegation ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77270_1562571079.jpg
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality...... Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77270.jpg

Quote: The Video Ref "Huddersfield, Wakefield, Widnes, Leigh, Salford, London.

I do not recall any of these sides ever generating a decent average attendance and they have had about 4 good seasons between them in the last 20 or so years.

What exactly do they bring to the game? Would we miss them if they vanished?'"

They bring opposition to other teams. If they went bust who would replace them? Barrow and their 16 fans which would result in you posting “what do barrow bring, would we miss them if they vanished?” What do you want? A league with saints, Leeds, Wigan and hull kr? How long would that last without the sky money.

Stop being an Imbecile

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: GUBRATS "And didnt Bradford go ' bust ' in SL before relegation ?'"

Haven’t they gone bust since though a couple of times

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Ste100Centurions "2 actually *Leigh didn't go bust or into admin* which is why we have no points deduction yet DB took us to the edge in a successful attempt to restructure the business, however I get your general drift !

I hope that there are backers waiting in the wings *maybe for admin to get the Club for a song* & that Widnes rebuild towards former glories.'"

Yeah the point I was sort of making is although we all want promotion and relegation it doesn’t help the clubs as all have had serious problems like I said we recovered because our owners stuck by us and the fans bought into it and we went straight back up luckily but I still remember the 90s when we were a right state and the BBC did a documentary on us we came close on a number of occasions of going under and seemed to be in administration all the time

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1265No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fun time frankie "Haven’t they gone bust since though a couple of times'"

No, twice whilst in SL and once while in the Championship

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1265No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fun time frankie "Yeah the point I was sort of making is although we all want promotion and relegation it doesn’t help the clubs as all have had serious problems like I said we recovered because our owners stuck by us and the fans bought into it and we went straight back up luckily but I still remember the 90s when we were a right state and the BBC did a documentary on us we came close on a number of occasions of going under and seemed to be in administration all the time'"

Yeah and during the licencing period no club went bust or
got into serious financial difficulties. P&R is a complete red herring.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76030_1540929970.jpg
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES????? £20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000. The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover. There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76030.jpg

Quote: JEAN CAPDOUZE "I hope that Widnes survives. It has a very good stadium. But it it needs to survive in the Championship. Widnes is just not capable of competing in Super League with its paltry fan base.'"

12,700....that was the 2018 average of Cronulla Sharks......in the imaginary Rugby League heaven that is Sydney.......do one bazza.... 2016 champions and out-drawn my the friggin Melourne Storm...c020.gif

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: Mr Dog "Yeah and during the licencing period no club went bust or
got into serious financial difficulties. P&R is a complete red herring.'"

Widnes benefitted massively from licensing. It gave them the opportunity to build steadily and get their youth systems going without having to worry about the immediate threat of relegation.

The middle 8’s were done away with because they dragged too many clubs into a relegation fight. Leeds being a perfect example last year. Leeds were making short term decisions and signings to try and safeguard against the disaster of being relegated instead of putting that money to better use for medium and long term growth. Leeds is big and healthy enough financially they can withstand that. Most RL clubs would be seriously affected by it.

You’re going to get clubs who are daft and overspend. In my opinion licensing significantly reduced the need for that and so provided much needed stability and surety for clubs to grow. P&R doesn’t provide that, however is better than the middle 8’s as it only drags 1,2 or 3 clubs into a relegation fight rather than 4, 5 or 6.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Mr Dog "Yeah and during the licencing period no club went bust or
got into serious financial difficulties. P&R is a complete red herring.'"

Don’t get me wrong I want P&R the problem is the sport isn’t cash rich so when a club does get relegated because of the massive gulf between SL and the championship money wise you end up having to do what Leigh have done and gone part time to survive

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: fun time frankie "Don’t get me wrong I want P&R the problem is the sport isn’t cash rich so when a club does get relegated because of the massive gulf between SL and the championship money wise you end up having to do what Leigh have done and gone part time to survive'"

Not necessarily go part time, that would depend on how deep a particular clubs pockets are.
KR coped very well and came back stronger.

Leigh have had to go part time due to failing to gain promotion and failing to make the top 4, which leaves you with little cash to spend on players.

It looks like Widnes are in for a torrid time but, relegation itself doesnt mean going part time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3726
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18764_1329753271.gif
Waiting for the 2021 RLWC:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18764.gif

Quote: Pats plastic pitch "Superleague 2022 will clock you up some real air miles in guesssing. It’s a vision of the likes of Toronto I really don’t blame, they’re doing nothing wrong and will become a success. But the sport I fell in love with growing up was travelling to the likes of Leigh, Saints, Castleford, Halifax, Leeds. Etc.
[iProper rugby places with full on rugby league folk. The atmosphere between fans of this game is like no other. Soon, you’ll be travelling to places on a regular occurrence that don’t even speak the same language[/i. The m62 corridor doesn’t sound like the most flashy/appealing system but it’s for me something I’ve loved the pleasure of growing up witnessing.
Times are changing and if you haven’t got the money to mix it at the top with the big boys, then you’ll yo yo around before making way for more expansion.'"

If you get the chance go to Perpignan to see the Dragons. No, they don't speak the same language but they are as passionate and as traditonal as League fans get, anywhere. OK I',m fortunate that I speak reasonable French but I've taken non-speaking friends with me and they love the atmosphere, too.

214 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
214 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.39013671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM