JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Quote: Chris Dalton "Bringing this argument onto a personal level? A below the belt move. I could argue this nonsense, but I wont bother arguinging with you further because of this.'"

Cos you know it's a heads I win, tails you lose answer?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: Chris Dalton "Meaningless babble.'"

That seems to be the standard response on here to things that aren't understood or don't fit with preconceptions. Ah well.

Quote: Chris Dalton "You say this in hindsight but it's not what you were saying at the time. Not only were Crusaders a shambles, the RFL have been a shambles ignoring the massive warning signs and the propaganda about the strength of their club when there were plenty who could see the fragility of it all. People wanted it to be a success, ergo, they ignored their best senses. I can understand that, if not the reaction to the fans who didn't share their optimism.'"

I wasn't saying it at the time because I didn't have the facts at the time. I had no idea what a piece of work Samuels was until some of the Crusaders fans started to talk about on here. When he pulled out and Crusaders moved to Wrexham I [idid[/i criticise the RFL and also expressed doubts about the move. All of which is beside the point and doesn't change the facts.

Quote: Chris Dalton "As for Wood, you obviously didn't see it. Eloquence would have been wonderful. Coherence would have been nice. Stumbling over every question, repeatedly failing to answer anything asked, which is a sign of dishonesty, well it is completely fair to say that it was not really acceptable. It was political speak, all of it. No substance. No amount of insight. It was like Question Time, although less professional. If he had nothing to hide, he wouldn't have been so guarded. I don't think they honestly considered the Fax bid for one second. They were throwing wakefield out, and then something happened. Crusaders pulled out at the nth hour. Despite making very recent signings for next season. And when they pulled out, for whatever reason, the RFL went with the easy option instead of working out how they could make Halifax work. Thats a theory, we will never know the complete truth.'"

As I said, I'm not going to comment on a performance I didn't see. I'll also take your version of events with a pinch of salt as you're hardly an unbiased witness. He's certainly failed to cover himself in glory on past occasions though.

You have a theory based on your particular feelings about the RFL. That's fine, but personally I prefer to base an opinion on facts where possible. Those available at the moment don't align with your view.

Quote: Chris Dalton "It is very very hard to understand actually. Why they changed the rule in the first place for instance. Was it to protect Crusaders? I think it was. Has it been used now to protect the status quo now? Yes it has. Does it make any sense whatsoever? Probably not.'"

For this theory to be true, every other SL club would have to be in on the conspiracy as they had to vote on it. Another, possibly more likely, theory is that the RFL and the clubs were putting in some insurance against the impact of a couple of major HMRC cases now in progress which could lead to serious financial problems for all SL clubs.

Quote: Chris Dalton "Sorry but you're asking me to dismiss the administration as it is now part of the rules to ignore it. Except it was the only reason given why my club was kept out of super league last time. What has changed? Apart from the goalposts? Saying "its in the rules now" doesn't cut it for a second.'"

What has changed is that, for whatever reason, administration isn't in the rules any more. It's therefore utterly pointless to keep referring to it. It could not and did not have any impact on the current round of licences.

Quote: Chris Dalton "The problem is, when you're looking at a whole package, it is absolutely impossible to prove from the championship that you will better a super league outfit. More money involved, more crowds (due to human nature) it is much easier to run things like youth setups and have better crowds. This is no reason to protect wakefield indefinitely at the expense of Halifax. When a club has had a season like they have, have defaulted on several promises for a new stadium, have recently been through administration, you have to wonder what they'd have to do to actually get replaced.'"

It isn't impossible at all. You have to put forward a compelling case for how you would operate as an SL club with the built-in advantages you mention, not how you would operate in SL with no improvement in resources.

And you're still banging away about Wakey when there is zero evidence that they were chosen over Fax. In fact there's more actual evidence to the contrary. You're also ignoring the fact that the current owners haven't broken a single promise and is willing to invest in the club.

Quote: Chris Dalton "As for the rage thing, yeah, standard b.s. tactic designed to throw muck at people. Grow up.'"

So you haven't seen any very angry people posting about this topic? Not one?

OK.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

Quote: Tricky2309 "Why is it plainly obvious? To you it is. But you never saw the respective applications.

Are you a professional property consultant, a qualified accountant from one of the largest accountancy practices in the world or an academic from a well respected university? The answer is you aren't, but the people who had input into the franchise application process were and said our application was better than Fax.

As I say, you were happy to go with the decision when it was you vs Fax, but questioning the one that says Wakey were better than Fax.

I don't need to clutch at straws as thankfully the decision went in our favour.'"

i sure do hope you beat Welshies on sunday!

what a meaningless game that is now! laughable! icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4397_1335909374.png
@chemical_viking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4397.png

Quote: Tricky2309 "Why is it plainly obvious? To you it is. But you never saw the respective applications.

Are you a professional property consultant, a qualified accountant from one of the largest accountancy practices in the world or an academic from a well respected university? The answer is you aren't, but the people who had input into the franchise application process were and said our application was better than Fax.

As I say, you were happy to go with the decision when it was you vs Fax, but questioning the one that says Wakey were better than Fax.

I don't need to clutch at straws as thankfully the decision went in our favour.'"

There are quantifyable things we do know though. Things which make such a comparison a foregone conclusion.

In terms of crowds, by some distance, stadium, by quite a bit, youth, by some distance, turnover and backing, by some distance, Widnes were simply ahead of Halifax. Those are things we as fans know. There isn't many areas we can only guess about. On field, Halifax have been stronger than us, but it's no longer about that solely.

There really is no point in continuing this string further.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Tricky - if the roles were reversed you'd be hacked off. Yes - the bids were judged as they lay side by side at that moment in time and the panel made their judgement. But to Halifax fans they see their club keeping it's nose clean and being fairly successful on the field of play. They see Wakey going into administration and still playing out of a toilet. How did you expect Fax fans to react? Honestly, how would you have reacted? I totally understand that faced with a club with a new wealthy backer up against a club with limited resources the panel took their choice but it doesn't say much for the principle of franchising when two of the clubs holding licenses go bust.

The RFL need to go back to the drawing board in this regard and not simply abandon the rule during a license period because one of it's projects has gone tits up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Quote: Chris Dalton "There are quantifyable things we do know though. Things which make such a comparison a foregone conclusion.

In terms of crowds, by some distance, stadium, by quite a bit, youth, by some distance, turnover and backing, by some distance, Widnes were simply ahead of Halifax. Those are things we as fans know. There isn't many areas we can only guess about. On field, Halifax have been stronger than us, but it's no longer about that solely.

There really is no point in continuing this string further.'"

But this is the problem with the Widnes logic, because we've had three years of "franchising isn't fair, boo hoo, we cant get back in Super League", but you proved you couldn't get up to the top flight by any other route than franchising. Halifax's best beef is that franchising is wrong and it should be about rugby on the pitch, with which I agree, but of course that wouldn't suit Widnes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg

Quote: littlerich "The RFL need to go back to the drawing board in this regard and not simply abandon the rule during a license period because one of it's projects has gone tits up.'"

How about the RFL idea that the 14 best applications get in, which was then changed to the 13 best to suit Widnes? I presume you would prefer another shift to allow the 12 best plus two from the Championship. Shifts if it suits are okay?

For me, you would be in over Widnes because you've done it on the pitch. Under franchising, the imperfect thing that it is, Widnes get in. It seems that under either idea, Wakey stay up, so what's the beef?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: littlerich "Tricky - if the roles were reversed you'd be hacked off. Yes - the bids were judged as they lay side by side at that moment in time and the panel made their judgement. But to Halifax fans they see their club keeping it's nose clean and being fairly successful on the field of play. They see Wakey going into administration and still playing out of a toilet. How did you expect Fax fans to react? Honestly, how would you have reacted? I totally understand that faced with a club with a new wealthy backer up against a club with limited resources the panel took their choice but it doesn't say much for the principle of franchising when two of the clubs holding licenses go bust.

The RFL need to go back to the drawing board in this regard and not simply abandon the rule during a license period because one of it's projects has gone tits up.'"

littlerich, your chairman was willing to accept you weren't in when he thought Crusaders were, even though they clearly had the worst application of all teams, but kicks off against Wakey. He has then proceeded to slag Wakey off desipte not seeing our application and made some glaring errors in relation to things that have been in the public domain for months (ie we are upgrading BV with the hope to move to NM if and when the PI come back in our favour and the admin rule being changed).

Your Chairman and you as fax fans don't even know that it was us vs you, it is just assumed because of all the negative press. The franchising era means results on the pitch aren't that important, I tend to agree with you and think they are, in which case you should be arguing with Widnes not us.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: Chris Dalton "There are quantifyable things we do know though. Things which make such a comparison a foregone conclusion.

There really is no point in continuing this string further.'"

Exactly the same in a Wakey vs Fax scenario.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4397_1335909374.png
@chemical_viking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4397.png

Quote: Kosh "That seems to be the standard response on here to things that aren't understood or don't fit with preconceptions. Ah well.'"

Not to everything, just nonsense.

Quote: Kosh "I wasn't saying it at the time because I didn't have the facts at the time. I had no idea what a piece of work Samuels was until some of the Crusaders fans started to talk about on here. When he pulled out and Crusaders moved to Wrexham I [idid[/i criticise the RFL and also expressed doubts about the move. All of which is beside the point and doesn't change the facts.'"

You seemed to quite enjoy making rash judgements on the people who were pointing out the flaws in the crusaders business though. Samuels had history. This was ignored. And the detractors weren't "flatcappers" or "knuckle draggers" or whatever vitriolic nonsense they were referred to, they were right to have reservations.

Quote: Kosh "As I said, I'm not going to comment on a performance I didn't see. I'll also take your version of events with a pinch of salt as you're hardly an unbiased witness. He's certainly failed to cover himself in glory on past occasions though.'"

I knew you'd pull the bias card. And people like you. I figured you'd concentrate on the Fax fans. Thats why I intervenedYou have a theory based on your particular feelings about the RFL. That's fine, but personally I prefer to base an opinion on facts where possible. Those available at the moment don't align with your view.'"

I find that to be untrue.

Quote: Kosh "For this theory to be true, every other SL club would have to be in on the conspiracy as they had to vote on it. Another, possibly more likely, theory is that the RFL and the clubs were putting in some insurance against the impact of a couple of major HMRC cases now in progress which could lead to serious financial problems for all SL clubs.

What has changed is that, for whatever reason, administration isn't in the rules any more. It's therefore utterly pointless to keep referring to it. It could not and did not have any impact on the current round of licences.'"

Simply repeating that it isn't in the rules any more again doesn't cut it. Why is it not in the rules? Who was it to protect? Why the double standard? Why shouldn't it be taken into account at any point? Of course the super league clubs have voted for it! It's like turkeys voting to close down bernard matthews factory! Like this somehow legitimises this. Funnily enough they didn't ask the championship clubs.

Quote: Kosh "It isn't impossible at all. You have to put forward a compelling case for how you would operate as an SL club with the built-in advantages you mention, not how you would operate in SL with no improvement in resources.'"

But its nigh on impossible to PROVE that you will do better than a Wakefield or a Castleford. Why? Because the interest and money isn't in the Championship. You can put in a compelling argument, but you can't prove it.

Quote: Kosh "And you're still banging away about Wakey when there is zero evidence that they were chosen over Fax. In fact there's more actual evidence to the contrary. '"

sleepy.gif

96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3115234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
3m
Shareholders Meeting
Khlav Kalash
3m