Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16627.jpg
:16627.jpg

Quote: Old_Faithful_IAKW "Quality I'd define as someone who is better than the vast majority of English players. Ben Fisher is a very average hooker and there are plenty of English hookers around who are better than him. Lovegrove is of poor quality too, there are again plenty of English props who are better than him. Green is an unknown quantity and it'd be unfair for me to criticise him having not seen him play, but why can't Hull KR give an unknown English player a chance instead of bringing over ANOTHER Aussie?'"

Lovegrove's stats last season were very impreesive and he won the Players Player of the Year award.
Still a baby in terms of his age and the position he plays.
How you can call him poor quality having just resigned Ewan 'Tackle Buster' Dowes is laughable.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34881.jpg
:34881.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "as i said, you can legislate for people's opinions. But that doesnt mean you can argue all these players Hull KR are bringing over are needed because the quality of British isnt there, when you are bringing over players like Lovegrove, Fisher, Green,.'"

Like I said before Lovegrove was a promising young kid better than what we had and scored 5 tries in only 9 games, 2 in the game that could have been the deciding game for us to stay in SL or be relegated, so he is justified and he has been improving ever since and last season was a standout and still only 24.
Fisher was already here with halifax and he was fantastic in NL1 and a catalyst to us getting promotion and is still our best hooker with Hodgson up and coming. Again a justified signing in our quest for promotion to SL and a good role model for Hodgson.
Green is like I said better than what is available and if he is anywhere near as good as dobson he will be a great aquisition regardless of nationality, time will tell as it did with I'Anson.

Quote: SmokeyTA "no, we compared them on tackle counts and missed, something which every player does. You then decided to compare them on metres made because it something those players dont really focus on..'"

You compared them first on similar amount of tackles but because Lovegrove had missed lots more you made out he must be an inferior player without knowing anything else about him, thats why I came back with the comparison on metres, so he contributes as much if not more in other ares i.e. loads more metres. So not the poor player you were making out by comparison.

Quote: SmokeyTA "how about making 40 tackles again, 60 metres and running picking up the ball and passing it 70 times, and running across the line and passing it 30 times..'"

Yes I'd rather do that than take on 3 x 16/17 stone blokes wanting to knock my head off and still make nearly 7.5 metres a carry.
Prop is a very tough position and his contribution is more than a lot of experienced props in sl and valuable to our team.

Quote: SmokeyTA "of course we can compare them, on something they both do, i.e defend. In offence the have different jobs, in defence, not really.'"

Then compare him to the props in sl, and I'll think you'll find he is far from the poor player you are making him out to be at 24 years old.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Mrs Barista "So if the latest already much-hyped batch do the same, does that constitute success or failure?'"

If none of a batch make it, that is a failure of that group. There will be failures from time to time, but we should typically producing 1 or 2 SL quality players each year. I'll judge our system over 4-5 years. If we get one freakishly good batch, that isn't a final victory either. It has to be on going.

Quote: Mrs Barista "How convenient - jam tomorrow, then, going into your 5th season. Reece Lyne was 13 at that point BTW, since you seem to want to bring FC into it.?'"

It is what I believe. I'm biassed, but I don't believe I am being biassed on this. Lyne should be ready for regular SL next year or the year after that.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

Its the same when clubs trumpet signing ten 16-year olds as though this means something. They know darn well that the chances of more than 1 or 2 even making first grade are slim, let alone being stars. The reality is some of those kids are just bodies to make up the numbers in Academy sides.

How anyone can defend 10 overseas players in a squad is beyond me. I wouldn't even defend Leeds having 6 overseas players. Way too many, and of those only three were star players in Webb, Buderus and Lauti'iti. You'd struggle to get many Aussies who could even recall the likes of Delaney, Cross and Leuluai.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Like I said before Lovegrove was a promising young kid better than what we had and scored 5 tries in only 9 games, 2 in the game that could have been the deciding game for us to stay in SL or be relegated, so he is justified and he has been improving ever since and last season was a standout and still only 24.
Fisher was already here with halifax and he was fantastic in NL1 and a catalyst to us getting promotion and is still our best hooker with Hodgson up and coming. Again a justified signing in our quest for promotion to SL and a good role model for Hodgson.
Green is like I said better than what is available and if he is anywhere near as good as dobson he will be a great aquisition regardless of nationality, time will tell as it did with I'Anson.'"
Green isnt better than what is available, in fact i would be suprised if you had actually ever seen him play and were relying on anything but your one-eyed club bias to back up that statement.

These players being better than the players you have brought through whilst you have admittedly neglected your youth development system isnt justification for you signing them to the detriment of young british players.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "You compared them first on similar amount of tackles but because Lovegrove had missed lots more you made out he must be an inferior player without knowing anything else about him, thats why I came back with the comparison on metres, so he contributes as much if not more in other ares i.e. loads more metres. So not the poor player you were making out by comparison.'"
He is inferior in defense, which was what he was being compared on. he doesnt miss a few more tackles, he misses lots more tackles.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Yes I'd rather do that than take on 3 x 16/17 stone blokes wanting to knock my head off and still make nearly 7.5 metres a carry.
Prop is a very tough position and his contribution is more than a lot of experienced props in sl and valuable to our team.'"
whether you want to do it or not isnt relevant, it is whether the 80minutes O'loughlin puts in expends more or less energy than the 50 mins Lovegrove puts in.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Then compare him to the props in sl, and I'll think you'll find he is far from the poor player you are making him out to be at 24 years old.'"
i have, and on a range of point he isnt a top class player, he is a plodder who makes yards, makes tackles, misses tackles and does very little else

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "Green isnt better than what is available, in fact i would be suprised if you had actually ever seen him play and were relying on anything but your one-eyed club bias to back up that statement.

These players being better than the players you have brought through whilst you have admittedly neglected your youth development system isnt justification for you signing them to the detriment of young british players.
'"

You've seen a lot of Green yourself then? Green has been signed to replace a 'mature' player like Cooke. I'anson didn't quite make and has been replaced by Bell.

If there are better mature british players than Green available, what do you think Hull KR's motivation is in ignoring them?

I'm actually torn between thinking Hull KR should bend with the wind and thinking stuff it. But the the former is giving in to idiocy IMO. icon_smile.gif

I recall you wishing Cas well at our expense, because they brought through more kids. With Shenton and now Westerman leaving it seems that their model had a flaw. Virtue for virtue's sake is rarely rewarded.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Kingston Rovers "1, as I said before, not of any great quality.'"
There are a few of great quality, Mcguire, Pryce, Eastmond, Tomkins, Myler, Burrow, Brough, Long are all quality players, Horne, Robinson, Brown, Smith, Briers are all good players. theres 13 for you right there.
Quote: Kingston Rovers "2, as I said before, trust Morgan there isn't anybody that we would throw into sl, it's too early for Kristian Bell as mentioned by Sir Stan.
3, maybe there will be but nothing stand out at the moment who is ready for sl, Green will have more quality like it or not and be better prepared. '"
Theres Wood, Southernwood, McNally, all 20/21 ready to step into first grade if they are ever going to. All have moved clubs since HKA have been in SL, there is no excuse for not signing them other than lack of forward planning. Green is 24, he should be embarrassed if he isnt better prepared than a 20 year old. The fact is you will never prepare the 20 year old because you wont sign him, instead you go for a 24 year old NRL reject.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Well thats the same scenario with Green he can't get a game there because of the top quality halfbacks, so has to look elsewhere wether that be over here so what, he's not after his pension so will be out to prove himself. '"
And, if he isnt good enough for the NRL he isnt good enough, the fact he is 24 and proved this is a negative, not a positive.
Quote: Kingston Rovers "So you tried I'Anson, we tried him and unfortunately he didn't make that step up and then we were struggling for stand off so we ended up with Paul Cooke on big bucks and past his best though did great for us at the time and helped us survive in sl.'"

Quote: Kingston Rovers "And I really admire Mcguire and yes I'm sure he is better at the moment than Green but again its either Green or someone not upto it. We had Galea standing in and Murrell but neither are our answer to stand off.'"
or any of the many british halfbacks who are 'up to it' and remember, at this stage, it is only 'hopefully' that Green is up to it, he has yet to prove he is. So what you are really saying it is either a young British half back who wants to prove themselves and hopefully they are up to it, or its a 24 year old NRL reject who wants to prove themselves and hopefully they are up to it.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "NRL reject like Green or SL reject like I'Anson? Green for me everytime.'"
exactly, without seeing him play, for some reason 'everytime' you will choose a 24 year old Australian who has proved he isnt NRL quality rather than a 23 year old a year further behind in fulfilling his potential, who hasnt proved he is SL quality.

Quote: Kingston Rovers " Bell is gonna be good so can see him taking over in a couple of years and by that time Galea, Vella, Clinton, Mason, Fisher will probably have made way for the likes of Watts, Taylor, Beaumont, Cox, Hodgson with others coming through.
'"
well we will believe when we see it. It was on this thread Hull KA fans were telling us they were bringing through the likes of Mariano, who at 23 apparently wasnt ready to go into SL without a pack full of Australians but was a quality youngster developed by HKA.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "No but you're expecting us to sign british players up even when our coaches know they won't cut it just to say we have x many brits instead of aussies etc. who are clearly better quality. We are developing our own and time will tell if they are good enough as above.'"
the British players clearly are up to it. We know this because the play SL, often for teams better than your mid-table outfit.

The Aussies arent always of better quality, again we know this because the british players play for SL sides, often better than your mid-table outfit.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Well of course they're not but with the exception of the odd few not all of our top 60 are anywhere near the top aussies/nz's'"
And? Blake Green, Rhys Lovegrove and Ben Fisher probably arent in the top 300 Antipodean players, so the fact that not all our best players are as good as the top Antipodean players is irrelevant.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "True they would but aussie clubs are not falling over themselves to offer them contracts because probably for less money they have a ready made equivalent or better and so much strength in depth they don't need a westwood, joel tomkins, goulding, atkins, robinson, brown, griffin.'"
your right, they have no need to bring over all our players because they put the effort into youth development and earn the rewards. They dont just ignore it and rely on someone thousands of miles away to train people up for them.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Haha yes I'm laughing at him already! 10% make that 1%'"
Well, clearly you know more than that ridiculous Tim Sheens bloke, I mean he only wins NRL titles, four nations titles and manages Australia, the fool.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Sorry but what would you rather watch at Leeds? All british young lads say 10th in sl? Yer right! All for the good of the game eh!'"
If everybody in the league went in to the season with all british lads and leeds finished 10th, then that is where we deserved to finish. You wouldnt be going over and above your duty by only bringing in 8 overseas players, or 7 overseas players. In fact you would have the same as pretty much everyone else.

What you wouldnt be able to do is seek an advantage by employing more overseas players than everyone else. Is that what you are actually wanting and defending?

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Really, could have sworn, oh wait a minuteindeed, played on the wing outside a certain Mr Toopi for most of those games.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "We have done but again it takes times for them to come through and the few that have made 1st team appearences have not been revelations'"
So it has been poor, and you want to seek an advantage over those who have invested in youth development and given the players a shot by employing more overseas players, remembering that you believe there are no young british halfbacks out there who are of the quality of Blake Green, and so anyone who does give a young british half-back a shot would be doing it to their detriment relative to Hull Kingston Australia.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "do you need me to quote previous season stats were we have beaten established sl clubs since 2007 or would that spoil it for you?'"
you can do, it would be irrelevant though
Quote: Kingston Rovers "Don't forget 2007 would have just been a non starter as we were not at sl level the season before and obviously 2008/9 we were still finding our feet and getting together squads of players that hull fc would have had the monopoly on of all the better local players.'"
thats your problem to deal with, you cant ask for dispensation on the basis there is a bigger better club on your doorstep.
Quote: Kingston Rovers "For us to do well this year is testament to the coaching and scouting work put in the 3 years prior. Now we are starting to see more progress than ever when all the rest of sl have had years to establish their scouting networks.'"
you have one of the strongest amatuer bases in the country on your doorstep. It doesnt take you three years to get a scout down to Skirlaugh

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Like I said I would rather watch a competitive side than a side down at the bottom,'"
someone has to watch a side down at the bottom. Why should Hull Kingston Australia fans get to watch a 'competitive side' purely because they have employed more overseas players than everyone else?

Quote: Kingston Rovers "what about you?'"
of course i want my team to be successful, but i want them to do it by bringing through young british players and giving them the opportunity. I want to see them adding to the gae.
Quote: Kingston Rovers "Some of those players we have now are grand final winners in aus so are good for the younger players coming through and will learn quicker from them.'"
Some of them are, and as i have said, i have no argument with you bringing some of them in. Its the fact you need to rely on 10 which is the problem.

Quote: Kingston Rovers "Like i said above established sl clubs have established academys, good for them and that is what we are aiming for sooner rather than later. Hudds have done really well i'm not denying that but again they are well established they were making a challenge cup final in 2006 beating Leeds in the semi when we were getting thrashed by saints 50 nil in the other semi final while still in NL1. So again time will tell.'"
and when they did that in 2006, the did it with a mostly british squad, and they did in a similar time frame to where Hull Kingston Australia are now. Dont tell us cant be done, Hudds are proving you wrong every step of the way.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Mild Rover "You've seen a lot of Green yourself then? Green has been signed to replace a 'mature' player like Cooke. I'anson didn't quite make and has been replaced by Bell.'"
I dont need to see him to know a 24 year old NRL reject wont be in the best interests of the league long term.

Quote: Mild Rover "If there are better mature british players than Green available, what do you think Hull KR's motivation is in ignoring them?'"
£££££££££££, you can also replace a mature player with a developing player, in fact, ideally thats who it would be.

Quote: Mild Rover "I'm actually torn between thinking Hull KR should bend with the wind and thinking stuff it. But the the former is giving in to idiocy IMO. icon_biggrin.gifRUMMER:

Smokey TA

Well done , you get a free 2010 Season ticket to the Bramley Buffaloes as prize

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

1034 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
1034 posts in 70 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.8349609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
Recent
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
Recent
Leigh it is
moto748
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Betting 2024
karetaker
58s
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Rumours thread
PopTart
1m
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
1m
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
2m
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
2m
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,027 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22