JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: JEAN CAPDOUZE "I mention this not to indict Jordan McLean for deliberately causing this injury to Alex McKinnon, but to suggest that the family already has one bad apple in it....'"

JEAN, I am sure the rest of your family are quite pleasant. Just because you're a gob doesn't meant the rest of the Capdouze clan are.......

BTW......I suggest you read Mark Anthony's speech at Caesars Funeral in the Shakespeare classic, Julius Caesar.
He says...
Quote: JEAN CAPDOUZE "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.'"

...and then proceeds to do just that!

RankPostsTeam
International Star28No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71880_1390739303.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71880.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "It was an accident that 99% of people in the game as well as fans regard as a terrible terrible accident that happened as a result of a tackle that you will have seen hundreds of times prior'"

Yes and Accident however it was avoidable. Just because you see a tackle like that hundreds of times before doesn't make it safe. The fact its not been penalised previously shows a lack of fortitude in officialdom and yes players will play the ref. However if you play the ref and do things you know are against the rules (shoulders going below hips) then you are just as responsible if not more than the ref. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Nomad81 "Yes and Accident however it was avoidable. Just because you see a tackle like that hundreds of times before doesn't make it safe. The fact its not been penalised previously shows a lack of fortitude in officialdom and yes players will play the ref. However if you play the ref and do things you know are against the rules (shoulders going below hips) then you are just as responsible if not more than the ref. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.'"

Agree with you 100%.
If the Knights want to get shirty with anyone, it should be the ARL/NRL because they are the ones responsible for "letting it slide" previously. Them coming down hard after the horse has bolted doesn't do anyone any favours and the Knights should be pointing that out rather than the defence used by Storm.

As I say, I believe that the NRL are as culpable (if not more than) anyone else in this tragic incident.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Quote: JEAN CAPDOUZE "Jordan McLean's brother, Tony McLean, has been sentenced to three years in prison in NSW for a vicious king-hit punch to the back of the head of a complete stranger, outside a pub in Orange NSW. The blow knocked the victim unconscious and led to a brain haemorrhage. One of the reasons for the three year sentence was the judge's opinion that McLean had shown no remorse after the attack.

You disgusting cockroach.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7155No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JEAN CAPDOUZE "Jordan McLean's brother, Tony McLean, has been sentenced to three years in prison in NSW for a vicious king-hit punch to the back of the head of a complete stranger, outside a pub in Orange NSW. The blow knocked the victim unconscious and led to a brain haemorrhage. One of the reasons for the three year sentence was the judge's opinion that McLean had shown no remorse after the attack.

Pointless and deliberately spiteful yet post.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1896No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36990.jpg
Dirty Old Town littlerich is a Viking!!:36990.jpg

Oxford English Dictionary;

'Capdouze'

Noun

"Attention seeking bell end"

Not to be confused with the end of a bell.......or a Frenchman

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1995No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Legal advice seems to be that McKinnon would have every chance of success if he followed the precedents of Jarrod McCraken and Steve Rogers and brought a civil case for damages against the players and club involved.
Melbourne are probably taking the heartless course of trying to blame McKinnon for his own injuries and minimise the penalties to their players because they know this is going to lead to a big payout in the future, and they are already trying to establish their case.
It comes across as heartless.
I think it would come across better for them in the long run if they put their hands up and showed some remorse.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: roopy "Legal advice seems to be that McKinnon would have every chance of success if he followed the precedents of Jarrod McCraken and Steve Rogers and brought a civil case for damages against the players and club involved.
Melbourne are probably taking the heartless course of trying to blame McKinnon for his own injuries and minimise the penalties to their players because they know this is going to lead to a big payout in the future, and they are already trying to establish their case.
It comes across as heartless.
I think it would come across better for them in the long run if they put their hands up and showed some remorse.'"

Is that legal advisor chasing an ambulance whilst commenting?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1995No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The responsibility lies primarily with the tacklers here but the onfield officials just have to be pro-active in whistling or instructing before this type of thing follows through. the moment the hands went between the legs or it was clear the tackle was going to end badly the ref should be blowing immediately. they have two refs for precisely this type of thing.
IMO there is no need for the micturate poor tackle technique..none whatsoever but as others have said it gets let by without due consideration to outcomes like this..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

I've purposely avoided watching the incident. But is that photo a picture of the tackle in question???

www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... .html#poll

I only ask as it's horizontal yes, but my god it's marginal.

The tackler on the legs is more of a pivot, it's the weight of the 2 men on top that seem to be forcing down. And put quite simply putting the man down is the purpose of a tackle.

I do think people are trying to micro manage elements of physics where not one of those players is in full control. they are all making independent movements that contribute to the final act.

If it's not the tackle in question then fair enough, but I was expecting more of a spear.

I think it would be hard to sue anyone on that. You could play 1000'sof similar tackles in defense showing there is little difference in the actions taken.

The only real solution from that tackle in the photo would to ban tackling, as the lift is marginal, I imagine the speed was quick. how the ref steps in, or the players realize what is going on is beyond me.
I've purposely avoided watching the incident. But is that photo a picture of the tackle in question???

www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... .html#poll

I only ask as it's horizontal yes, but my god it's marginal.

The tackler on the legs is more of a pivot, it's the weight of the 2 men on top that seem to be forcing down. And put quite simply putting the man down is the purpose of a tackle.

I do think people are trying to micro manage elements of physics where not one of those players is in full control. they are all making independent movements that contribute to the final act.

If it's not the tackle in question then fair enough, but I was expecting more of a spear.

I think it would be hard to sue anyone on that. You could play 1000'sof similar tackles in defense showing there is little difference in the actions taken.

The only real solution from that tackle in the photo would to ban tackling, as the lift is marginal, I imagine the speed was quick. how the ref steps in, or the players realize what is going on is beyond me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1606No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bewareshadows "I've purposely avoided watching the incident. But is that photo a picture of the tackle in question???

It is marginal, and you do see plenty of them, but it's still an illegal tackle - there has just been no consistency in dealing with these.

What the stand alone photo doesn't show you is that McLean comes in as a third man to a stationary tackle, where the 2 other defenders have stopped McKinnon moving, and wrapped up his upper body. He then grabs the inside of 1 leg and lifts his hips above his head - it is only marginal, a split second decision and I'm sure unintentional - he's just trying to effect the tackle and slow down a play the ball by putting McKinnon down - however, as soon as he makes the decision to 'lift', he automatically takes responsibility for ensuring a safe landing and stopping going over horizontal- this is something he could not guarantee or control in this instance. Instead of the lift, he could have used a technique to drag the player to the ground, but that takes longer and would likely have been penalised, hence the lift technique is coached as it's quicker, and has more impact.

Other than trying to slow down the ruck, there is no need for a 3rd man in a tackle to 'lift'. Usually the 2 man tackle is effective anyway, the third man is just trying to control the speed of the ruck - lifting is a dangerous way of doing this, as are cannon balls, 'stingers' into the ribs etc. They're grub tactics and as we've seen, once one team do it, it spreads like wild fire, as it's common across all of RL now - the authorities can easily clamp down on it by having stricter rules on exactly what a 3rd man in the tackle can/can't do, and hand out lengthy bans to those the break these rules, regardless of injury.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60495.jpg

its horrible what has happened to the player but in my opinion he has tried to imitate what Inglis did against manly. But like everybody else i hope the kid can recover and have a healthy life.

RankPostsTeam
International Star28No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71880_1390739303.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71880.jpg

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60495.jpg

Quote: Nomad81 "Yes it is that tackle, however its not horizontal, i) the shoulders a clearly below the level of the hip. ii) note his hand on the floor pushing upwards which brought the body more horizontal than it was to start with.'"

all from alex Mckinnon own body movement, you can clearly sees when watching it that he moves his head towards the ground like Greg Inglis did last season.

98 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
98 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.22216796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Decision on the field
--[ WW ]--
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
14m