JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The attendance issue would be fixed if they gave discounts to St holders. With next weeks magic to pay for suddenly 20 odd quid each plus a tank of fuel suddenly doesn't seem to attractive. Doesn't stop them being fans though. For a family of 4 your looking prob 100 quid so it's either that or a weeks shopping. No brainer for some low pay families. Add to that the fact if you don't finish till late...

RankPostsTeam
International Star11895No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: fun time frankie "Didn't Wakefield have a lower average attendance than Huddersfield last season and probably this season also in fact one of the lowest averages in SL seems a bit rich Wakefield fans going on about attendances'"

It's a bit rich for both fans granted, but consider the fact that Wakefield play out a dump, and Huddersfield play out of a modern football stadium, and who were five years ago one of the most exciting teams to watch, who do you think has more reason to be embarrassed?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fun time frankie "Didn't Wakefield have a lower average attendance than Huddersfield last season and probably this season also in fact one of the lowest averages in SL seems a bit rich Wakefield fans going on about attendances'"

Not going on about attendances just correcting someone posting wrong information. Do Huddersfield still do cheap season tickets surely that should boost their figures.

Up the Trin

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Willzay "It's a bit rich for both fans granted, but consider the fact that Wakefield play out a dump, and Huddersfield play out of a modern football stadium, and who were five years ago one of the most exciting teams to watch, who do you think has more reason to be embarrassed?'"

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go as I've stated before Wakefield is my favourite away day and I hate going to Huddersfield 5,000 fans in a 25,000 plus stadium is depressing

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13707_1295067214.jpg
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13707.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Never mind Widnes being former "cup kings", where were the Leeds fans ???
They'll all be their when the finals come around pretending that they give a damn and showing how "loyal" they are.'"

Where were they hordes of Wakey fans at Huddersfield then? You don't have to worry about Finals tickets now either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach808
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45114.jpg
:45114.jpg

Quote: ALAW "The attendance issue would be fixed if they gave discounts to St holders. With next weeks magic to pay for suddenly 20 odd quid each plus a tank of fuel suddenly doesn't seem to attractive. Doesn't stop them being fans though. For a family of 4 your looking prob 100 quid so it's either that or a weeks shopping. No brainer for some low pay families. Add to that the fact if you don't finish till late...'"

Cas had ST holder discounts, my ticket was £15 and my Dads concession ticket £8.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

The game clearly needs to have a serious look at the Challenge Cup. We need to find some way of making the earlier rounds an event again, or we'll be reading this sort of thread forever. Personally, I'd like to start with getting more people at the CC games, and if that means clubs giving tickets away sobeit. I'm sure better marketing people than me can come up with ideas for the long term, but we need to do something in the short term, or we should just write the whole thing off apart from the Final.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg
[quote:18jc6kzm]I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote:18jc6kzm]Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote="Jamie Jones-Buchanan":18jc6kzm]"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.[/quote:18jc6kzm]:1506.jpg

Surely the solution isn't flogging off the product as cheaply as possible (that's what gets RL into so many of the messes that it is already in), but is making the actual product something worth paying for? RL is already one of the cheapest professional sports to watch in the UK so if the problem for our fan base genuinely is cost, we really need to start finding new audiences. Cheap tickets in large quantities is not marketing - it never has been and it never will be.

A Friday night in Widnes is not a big draw - plain and simple. We can start calling out certain groups of fans as being "bad supporters" or whatever we want to do, but it doesn't change the fact that traveling to Widnes on a Friday night sounds about as appealing as hemorrhoids. There's a lot that you can spend your money on in Leeds on a Friday night, and that's what the game is competing with.

The solution lies in making the game, and the CC in particular, more marketable. This forum is often a bubble in that we convince ourselves that this sport is an amazing product that most people simply haven't fallen in love with yet, yet when the people who have fallen in love with it are asked to put their hands in their pocket for £20, they run away in their droves. The reality is that, when it comes to Widnes v Leeds on a Friday night (and so many other scenarios), the product just isn't that appealing.

Look at how this plays out in other sports. Football fans aren't as excited about the FA or League Cups but they will happily pay three times the price of a League Cup ticket for a Champions League game - the issue isn't cost, but the quality of the product. The same applies in rugby union. RU fans don't give a toss about the Anglo-Welsh Cup or the domestic competitions before it, but they'll follow their team across Europe in the European Championship - the cost isn't the issue here either, the issue is the product.

RankPostsTeam
International Star447No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

do clubs still have to split gate money accordingly? whats the ratio nowadays?

The reason I ask is that I was at KR yesterday and the attendance was given at 3.5k, and wigan probably brought about 800 give or take.

It was definitely quieter then normal, but both the east and north stands were fairly full. I would guess there was closer to 4.5k - 5k there, so to lose roughly 1k for the "official" attendance seems like clubs may be trying to keep money themselves or not fully counting walk ups for example and just tickets sold

Pure conspiracy this, just would explain a couple of things like

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

There isn’t much of an incentive for clubs to announce lower attendances than were actually present. Yes they get to keep a tiny amount more money from that gate but they also have to report that attendance to sponsors who will see they are getting less exposure than they expected/paid for. If clubs are under-reporting gates then they’re morons.

Personally I think we need to include the Cup in the season ticket. Obviously free for home fans, maybe half price for away season ticket holders.

I’d even go further and make all season tickets a Rugby League season ticket rather than a Leeds/Wigan/Halifax etc season ticket. It would obviously get you in to all your chosen clubs home games but would also get you in to events through the season like Cup Semi Final (which I’d make a double header), Magic Weekend, and home internationals.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

Quote: M62 J30 TRINITY "Over 4K for that match not the best but not that bad for hastily arranged match in bad weather with no away fans. That's twice you've been wrong with your figures also talking to a Halifax fan today and he's said Huddersfields not their derby, seems like everyone else they're not bothered about you.

Up te Trin'"

4055 still poor.

no away fans? hang on, one wakey fan just said there was 40...make your mind up! icon_wink.gif

in terms of distance id say halifax is the nearest derby for huddersfield.. need to be in the same division first mind so they are pretty irrelevant! you asked the question.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

yes indeed

more fans than widnes, salford and wakefield.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2804
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76475_1531151403.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76475.png

Quote: GIANTSRL "yes indeed

more fans than widnes, salford and wakefield.'"

I`m not surprised with the amount of free tickets for your game flying around... 4 of us went on Friday night and not one of us payed! Seems to be free ticket galore. I cant remember the last time I payed in for one of your home games tbh. You give 50 tickets to your sleeve sponsor for every home game and even then they don`t take advantage of them with a lot of them unclaimed.. I wonder if they are counted towards the attendance along with all the other unclaimed tickets from the rest of the sponsors?

Lets look at the last time there was a lot of free tickets around for Wakefield games, was around 2012, we averaged 8k attendance that year.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11895No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: bramleyrhino "Surely the solution isn't flogging off the product as cheaply as possible (that's what gets RL into so many of the messes that it is already in), but is making the actual product something worth paying for? RL is already one of the cheapest professional sports to watch in the UK so if the problem for our fan base genuinely is cost, we really need to start finding new audiences. Cheap tickets in large quantities is not marketing - it never has been and it never will be.

A Friday night in Widnes is not a big draw - plain and simple. We can start calling out certain groups of fans as being "bad supporters" or whatever we want to do, but it doesn't change the fact that traveling to Widnes on a Friday night sounds about as appealing as hemorrhoids. There's a lot that you can spend your money on in Leeds on a Friday night, and that's what the game is competing with.

The solution lies in making the game, and the CC in particular, more marketable. This forum is often a bubble in that we convince ourselves that this sport is an amazing product that most people simply haven't fallen in love with yet, yet when the people who have fallen in love with it are asked to put their hands in their pocket for £20, they run away in their droves. The reality is that, when it comes to Widnes v Leeds on a Friday night (and so many other scenarios), the product just isn't that appealing.

Look at how this plays out in other sports. Football fans aren't as excited about the FA or League Cups but they will happily pay three times the price of a League Cup ticket for a Champions League game - the issue isn't cost, but the quality of the product. The same applies in rugby union. RU fans don't give a toss about the Anglo-Welsh Cup or the domestic competitions before it, but they'll follow their team across Europe in the European Championship - the cost isn't the issue here either, the issue is the product.'"

Ive said for ages that RL has the cheapest fan base. The amount of people asking for cut price deals for internationals year in year out is embarrassing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg

Quote: homme vaste "I`m not surprised with the amount of free tickets for your game flying around... 4 of us went on Friday night and not one of us payed! Seems to be free ticket galore. I cant remember the last time I payed in for one of your home games tbh. You give 50 tickets to your sleeve sponsor for every home game and even then they don`t take advantage of them with a lot of them unclaimed.. I wonder if they are counted towards the attendance along with all the other unclaimed tickets from the rest of the sponsors?

Lets look at the last time there was a lot of free tickets around for Wakefield games, was around 2012, we averaged 8k attendance that year.'"

sure all clubs have some free tickets going round for every game.

none for me, fully paid up season ticket holder and paid into the cup game too icon_thumb.gif

if you want to see the stadium full can always go to watch the football team !

81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
81 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

14.763671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
1m
Rumours thread
Prince Buste
2m