Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

I agree with Call Me God. We have moments of drama/interest/excitement in the year but most people only see this sporadically, maybe even only once a year. The Cup Final, Grand Final and recent Test match are great games for people to watch but then there’s nothing in between. We may well build some interest in November with the Test Matches being on BBC but then there’s nothing at all until February and nothing of note on FTA until July/August.

On a related point we build interest in a local area like Liverpool with the Test Match or Newcastle with the Magic Weekend but then never follow up on it.

A game on FTA every week would be huge for the game in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17935
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "Interesting thread this.

With regard to the playing side of things, the game has become a little stale and sanitised to an extent. I am all for player safety but hte ideal that ANY contact with the head is a foul is just plain wrong and is ultimately inconsitantly applied by the officials anyway. Would the ball carrier handing off a defender be penalised for contact to the head? Malicious contact should rightly be harshly penalised, but accidental clashes should not result in a player being yellow carded. This is a following effect from taking shoulder charges out of the game. I feel shoulder charges should be allowed, but of there is contact with the head involved in a shoulder charge, then its a straight red.

The player the ball has been exploited by a feww coaches to the detriment of the entire game. The number of times a tackled player either walks forward a few meters or moves off the mark to the side has become a joke. For me, this should them put any defender who'd been involved in the tackle instantly back onside to nullify the advantage the ball carrier is trying to obtain.

Scrums??? Either get rid of them or do them properly. I am not referring to Union, this is just a breather for Union forwards and becomes a dull pushing contest (which apparently is a skill in Union). A win against the head is rarer in Union than it is in League, so its hardly a truly contested scrum.

Kicks at goal!!! Reduce the amount of time which is allowed to run down before the ref calls time off. The one minute allowed was for the kicker to set the ball and attempted the kick. Now all that happens is that the kicker has a drink, quick chat with the ref / physio, lets the minute run down for the ref to call time off to than actually start the process of setting the ball. Its time wasting and cheating the fans out of what they have paid for.

Move the challenge cup final to middle of June and even move it away from Wembley. Gone are the days of coach loads / special trains from pubs and clubs around the north making up over half of the gate. Its an expensive day out. Granted, you are going to do it if its your team, but there is little to attract the neutral. Also, the semi finals are way too close to the final at the moment (especially whe you consider the near 2 month gap between the quarters and the semi).

MARKETING - CAN WE HAVE SOME PLEASE!!!!!!

NATIONAL TV COVERAGE - please see above

Pundits on TV - please stop bemoaning the negatives of the game / play. It breeds a poor opinion of the game to those who are new to it. Check out the coverage of Union (especially on Sky) even when play breaks down the pundits showcase the good play involved.

Get rid of Magic weekend - find enough teams to have a 14 club elite competition, play each other home and away and have a tope 6 play off system. This may involve franchising again, but the current fixture structure is lop sided and has been tried and not worked.'"

A good post and plenty to agree with.

However, with some of the stuff going on regarding brain damage caused by contact with the head, it is more likely that we will see further attempts to reduce contact in this area, together with additional/stronger penalties.
I do agree that accidental contact should not be penalised but, could still allow head tests etc

Also, I massively agree with your comments regarding coverage of the game and how negative it has become.
We should be banging the drum about the athleticism of the players and the skills involved in executing certain plays both in attack and defence and offering some explanation as to how sides have read the play or opened up the opposition - I think that John Wells is pretty good as this.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Also, I massively agree with your comments regarding coverage of the game and how negative it has become.
We should be banging the drum about the athleticism of the players and the skills involved in executing certain plays both in attack and defence and offering some explanation as to how sides have read the play or opened up the opposition - I think that John Wells is pretty good as this.'"

I tend to agree - the coverage is stale and old, and tends to over-focus on negatives, errors or referee calls that are questionable, at least in the eyes of the commentators. It would be much more of a sell for the game if there was more notice paid to the strength, power, toughness, skill and athleticism on show - of which, regardless of your view of the quality of the game right now, there is plenty, every week, in every game. To a fan it's just annoying, eye-rolling stuff; to a new viewer, it's probably off-putting.

I also note that RL players are mostly absent from other media - there was a brief period when Tomkins and Sinfield were on QoS and such, and Keegan Hirst was a minor celeb for a while due to his personal story - but we don't have any 'personality' players who have transcended the sport and become celebrities in their own right; which seems odd, because the physicality and extreme challenge of RL would, you would imagine, be an interesting hook to find out more about the guys who play. That's perhaps an area in which the Hearn's would be an interesting proposition; they've made international celebrities out of some fairly ordinary guys who happen to be talented boxers. There would be a tonne of ways to market a RL player's personal brand, not least in the area of health, diet and wellbeing - with the added spice of ordinary, working class backgrounds, which is always a handy backstory.

It's not my area of expertise, but I would bet that a decent, centrally funded agency could do wonders with 3 or 4 RL players as clients.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: bren2k "I also note that RL players are mostly absent from other media - there was a brief period when Tomkins and Sinfield were on QoS and such, and Keegan Hirst was a minor celeb for a while due to his personal story - but we don't have any 'personality' players who have transcended the sport and become celebrities in their own right; which seems odd, because the physicality and extreme challenge of RL would, you would imagine, be an interesting hook to find out more about the guys who play. That's perhaps an area in which the Hearn's would be an interesting proposition; they've made international celebrities out of some fairly ordinary guys who happen to be talented boxers. There would be a tonne of ways to market a RL player's personal brand, not least in the area of health, diet and wellbeing - with the added spice of ordinary, working class backgrounds, which is always a handy backstory.

It's not my area of expertise, but I would bet that a decent, centrally funded agency could do wonders with 3 or 4 RL players as clients.'"

Reckon there'd be many takers on the playing front? Every single player that shows an ounce of individuality or personality immediately becomes fair game for the sport's many boo-boys. Not surprisingly, given that much of the playing pool comprises young men with relatively low social confidence, I suspect many just prefer to keep their heads down and dodge that bullet.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Clearwing "Reckon there'd be many takers on the playing front? Every single player that shows an ounce of individuality or personality immediately becomes fair game for the sport's many boo-boys. Not surprisingly, given that much of the playing pool comprises young men with relatively low social confidence, I suspect many just prefer to keep their heads down and dodge that bullet.'"

I reckon there'd be plenty if they were earning out of it - RL hardly makes you rich.

As for the individuality and personality - I guess most incidents of that are negative; Joel Tomkins abusing a young barmaid went viral, Hardaker's latest in a long line of misdemeanours made the nationals, and the Trinity players who crashed the gaffers car into a wall got a lot of media. Maybe if some of our players were coached and managed, they could get similar attention, but for positive reasons?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

As someone else said , a lot of the blame for the way the game looks nowadays can be placed at the feet of coaches. They'll always try to bend the rules to make them work for them, but active coaches have had far too much input into the way rules are interpreted or made. If you left it to them we'd end up with grid iron, because that would make everything controllable and coachable.

Whilst we can all have ideas, if we want to improve the spectacle I'd get a bunch of ex players and coaches (i.e. nobody currently involved with a team would be eligible) to work on ideas. Then use junior games to test them out.

As this is a forum, some ideas include:

- shot clock on scrums and dropouts, but only 15 seconds, not 30.
- three strikes then sin bin for all holding down/attempts to slow the attack
- all players in the scrum not able to move 5 metres from the scrum until after the second play has started. That would keep them out of the first play completely and possibly the second.
- allow quick taps for all penalties/restarts
- reduce interchanges to 6 at most
- bring back some ability to contest possession - e.g. striking at the PTB, stripping when more than one player is in the tackle

In terms of wrestling the biggest problem is the third and even 4th men into tackles. Players are taught how to hold up the runner and we end up with a bunch of players just struggling for no reason other than to delay the PTB. To make it worse we then have the tackled player 'magically' fall to the floor the second the ref calls held. You also have players like Cameron Smith who are expert at somehow getting themselves tangled up with the ball runner, further delaying attempts to PTB. We need to go back earlier calls of held and to a penalty if the tacklers don't get off immediately. Anyone who doesn't think this is possible should watch coverage of games before about 2010 - tacklers jumping off runners like scalded cats in comparison to today.

Being really radical, I'd also seriously consider not allowing more than two tacklers anywhere outside a teams 20 - a third or fourth could only join in if a player breaks a tackle or one of the others falls off. Players have shown with the current stripping rule that they can play to that sort of rule without a problem.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5878
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "There wasn’t any offensive words in the post at all I’ve had a warning for daring to question a mod and now another mod deleting a post for no reason and they wonder why the number of people posting is falling at an alarming rate'"

I have no idea what you posted so can't comment further and indeed won't if Karen saw fit to act, but, in fairness there was a lot of calls from posters on here for Mods to be active and tidy the place up as it was seen as a place full of trolls, multiple account holders, contributors derailing threads to suit their agendas, such as expansionism, RU, Leigh and Wakefield (bizarrely no disrespect to either club) or whatever the flavour of the month is.

It seems that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I do find the term Nazi offensive btw and as a Forum there has to be rules and some civility surely? I'm not particularly the banning 'type' ,but, recent actions have been met with some support, oh but only as long as it's this poster or that a poster.....

You can't have it both ways and criticizing the Moderation process is against the Forum rules.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11182
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "There wasn’t any offensive words in the post at all I’ve had a warning for daring to question a mod and now another mod deleting a post for no reason and they wonder why the number of people posting is falling at an alarming rate'"

I deleted the comment because it was unnecessary, rude, and offered absolutely nothing to the thread. Believe it or not, simply replying "What a load of crap" to a post isn't very mature. Don't agree with him, I have no problem with that, but at least put a counter argument against his comments rather that just being rude.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: Karen "I deleted the comment because it was unnecessary, rude, and offered absolutely nothing to the thread. Believe it or not, simply replying "What a load of crap" to a post isn't very mature. Don't agree with him, I have no problem with that, but at least put a counter argument against his comments rather that just being rude.'"

Have you read his post it was ridiculous it was like reading something from someone who’d never seen the game before so yeah it was a load of crap sorry to use such language in these sensitive times

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11182
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: fun time frankie "Have you read his post it was ridiculous it was like reading something from someone who’d never seen the game before so yeah it was a load of crap sorry to use such language in these sensitive times'"

It wasn't the language. It was your inability to put forward a counter argument as to why you believed it was a load of crap. Forums are about differing beliefs so feel free to put your argument forwards, just in a slightly more intelligent way than "What a load of crap" icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10025.jpg
For contributions, remittances, payments, and all other matters of any responsibility, please refer to someone else. “The British people love a good hero and a good hate” Lord Northcliffe:10025.jpg

My pet peeve is the 'fumble' interpretation of a ball that is lost backwards but ruled as a knock forward. It absolutely p****s me off to see the game stopped and a scrum given because a player has knocked the ball backwards, yet it happens time and again. I know some people think treating it as a 'fumble' penalises poor handling but that's not what is supposed to happen. As long as it's gone backwards I'd rather let both sets of players scramble for the loose ball than have an a technically unecessary scrum, the side making the error is penalised because they have to work harder to recover and the opposition gets a chance to either win possession or at least put some additional pressure on. I was watching the Wales v Scotland RU game on Saturday and I saw a ball get dropped backwards by Wales and the referee (correctly) ruled play on and the Welsh players scrambled to recover, and I said to my Dad in a SL game that would almost certainly have been rulled as a knock on despite it clearly going backwards.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

One noticeable difference from an Aussie ref yesterday was that he allowed play to carry on when an England player was down injured in backplay. While there is a fine line between putting a team at a disadvantage when a player is genuinely injured, we would see a reduction in play acting and fake injuries if this was done more often.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: UllFC "One noticeable difference from an Aussie ref yesterday was that he allowed play to carry on when an England player was down injured in backplay. While there is a fine line between putting a team at a disadvantage when a player is genuinely injured, we would see a reduction in play acting and fake injuries if this was done more often.'"

We do that anyway. The only time we don’t is when play has already stopped, the injured player is in the way of the play, or it’s a head injury.

I don’t think there’s an issue with faked injuries during play, it’s when play has stopped that we have a problem.
Unfortunately now I think that we have to go down the football route, if a player needs the trainer/physio etc and play to be delayed then they should go off the pitch and not come back on for the next set of 6.

I don’t want to go down that route and there will be some legitimate injuries caught up in that unfairly but I don’t know of another way to discourage the faking of injuries that we currently see.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1843No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think most agree the game needs speeding up. Though I’m not necessarily in the camp of ‘let’s do what the Aussies do’ I think they’ve made a few good changes recently.

1: Standardise the rules of the game throughout NRL, SL and internationals. Any future tweaks are agreed and implemented across all levels.

2: 2 referees, if this means loosing the VR and putting him on the field, so be it. See point 1.

3: Actually implement the rules, not an interpretation of. Ie when the ref calls held the players get of, not wait for the ref to be held then put the player to the floor then get off. If not it’s a penalty. With regard to this the refs need to call held sooner, as soon as forward momentum/being pushed back is stopped this will probably reduce offload but speed the PTB up. Attached must play the ball with the foot.

4: Shot clock, great innovation imo, see point 1.

5: Increase substitutes to 6, 2 of which must be club trained and under 21 at the start of the season and club trained. At the same time decrease substitutions to 8 per game.

6: Milking, let’s face it, every team and virtually every player are guilty of it to some extent. There was a great example in the test match. I think it was Hill who obviously made sure that he moved and played the ball directly into a player lying on the floor, tried to milk the penalty, ref ignored it resulting in Hill disadvantaging his own team. If the refs don’t give a penalty if they believe milking is involved the players will stop doing it.

As far as the rules go that’s a good start imo

RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If you are not a player, ref or actively attempting surgery on a fallen player you must not be on the pitch. Water should be available on the touch line. Stop coaches standing on the field of play directing players, in fact award extra points if the attacking team can trample underfoot anyone in a fluorescent bib on the pitch. a026.gif

62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.38232421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
Jake the Peg
7m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
9m
have the rules changed
FSW
12m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
NSW
19m
Round 16 London Home
tad rhino
24m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
27m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
38m
Batley Bulldogs H
Wollo-Wollo-
57m
This site is crap
Trebor1
60m
WHO IS NEXT
Trebor1
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Round 16 London Home
tad rhino
1m
WHO IS NEXT
Trebor1
1m
Accountability
WelshGiant
1m
Salford - Away
Jake the Peg
1m
This site is crap
Trebor1
2m
Leigh h
adi
2m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
2m
Toulouse A
Peter Goddar
2m
The Seagulls v The Panthers
SingaporeFax
2m
Injuries and available cover
DarksideDave
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
have the rules changed
FSW
TODAY
FC v hull kr
Chris71
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Home
Uncle Rico
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
ocdstephen
TODAY
Where are the away fans
The Phantom
TODAY
Salford Hold On To Beat Unlucky Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Rate My Takeaway
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Woeful performance against London
ploinerrhino
TODAY
Accountability
WelshGiant
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
Trebor1
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
tad rhino
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +13,239 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Thu 11th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
10:50
Dolphins
v
Souths
 Fri 12th Jul
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Leeds
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
CH 14 Toulouse12-12Bradford
WSL2024 7 LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10