JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: atomic "I played for nowt, Love of sport when I was a kid. Maybe that’s what the sport is missing. You start RL well before earning a wage. You breed the players they just don’t suddenly appear.

That’s always from a community club, not academies. Who have already taken from the community.

The best players I have seen have come from the heartland community clubs. Some don’t and will never understand that.'"

Well yes of course but it's once players become professional and this is there job.

Should a player playing first grade be earning amounts like £20k a year?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Clearwing "

Yes fair play You are right McManus voted for but Lenegan did not vote for.

Nor did Hudgell, Pearson, Koukash, Davey and Moran. Les Catalans as guests did not vote.

The vote on the SKY deal was split 7-6 for, as Martyn Sadler reported on January 20th. 2014.

Sadler explained that once the vote had been taken and the clubs were split, the protocol was for the losers to concede to the majority and a second vote was taken so a unanimous result and a united front could be shown shown to the world.

But on the second vote Koukash still voted against. As the seasons passed by McManus started to associate more with the six "rebels" who have spent seven years looking to wrest all control of the Superleague from the RFL. Their time has come now which is clear from the fact Lenegan & co negotiated the next TV deal for themselves and Ralph Rimmer was left in the cold...........

What we see now is Lenegan and McManus looking to wrest control of P & R from the RFL.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70807_1599340376.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70807.jpg

Quote: orangeman "The Problem with the game is that it doesn't know what it wants.

That is the problem faced by Super League and the game in general. After a quarter of a Century of chopping and changing, the game doesn't know what it is, where it should be played or what it wants.

If it's happy not to expand, then keep P&R and hope that the monotony of the same teams winning is alleviated by the excitement of relegation, but the reality is that Featherstone replacing Wakefield won't garner the same headlines as Catalans winning the challenge cup.'"

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1689No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78489_1618348897.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78489.png

Quote: Trainman "rU took off after England won the World Cup..'"

URBAN MYTH #365.
Twickenham capacity was 72,000 in 2002. They filled it 2 times that year and 3 times the following year before heading to Australia for the RUWC.

Decades of FTA coverage on the BBC for games like Ireland v Wales, or Scotland v France built a "must see" attitude to the 5 and then 6 nations. Italy v France in Union on BBC2 now gets a comparable TV audience to England v Australia in League.

REGULAR GAMES.....in FTA TV, with buy-in from the broadcaster over decades is what we will never get, so stop hanging your hat on internationals as the saviour. With only three viable teams, it's a non starter.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: atomic "I’m unsure how you drop 2 from SL1. '"

Well the top SL bosses have championed 2x10 so I assume they will organise who is to be "dropped".

Obvious way they may do this is, is to repeat how they chose the clubs for licensing. Work out criteria that gives them the result they want, stuff like "being an English club" is a required criteria,

I also have an idea that whatever criteria they choose Leigh may somehow fit it.....Or maybe even Bradford? They could bring in Nigel Wood to help with the process as he did this before? Do Salford have any money?

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: Donnyman "Well the top SL bosses have championed 2x10 so I assume they will organise who is to be "dropped".

Obvious way they may do this is, is to repeat how they chose the clubs for licensing. Work out criteria that gives them the result they want, stuff like "being an English club" is a required criteria,

I also have an idea that whatever criteria they choose Leigh may somehow fit it.....Or maybe even Bradford? They could bring in Nigel Wood to help with the process as he did this before? Do Salford have any money?'"

Is it the Super League club owners organising the restructure - or is it Sky demanding changes?
Which ' independent ' panel has the jurisdiction?
Will a video and a report have to be furnished?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain741No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "Well the top SL bosses have championed 2x10 so I assume they will organise who is to be "dropped".

I also have an idea that whatever criteria they choose Leigh may somehow fit it.....Or maybe even Bradford? They could bring in Nigel Wood to help with the process as he did this before? Do Salford have any money?'"

Criteria lol. They make it up as they go along

Remember the criteria regarding stadiums and what a joke that become when they just ignored it and 10 years later still no stadiums for certain clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13741
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: orangeman "Your average British person when asked, wouldn't be able to find Huddersfield, Salford, Wakefield, Featherstone or Leigh on a map, let alone know that Hull has not 1 but 2 Rugby League teams.'"

I dare say they wouldn't know where Wigan, Warrington or St Helens were either. Is that not the issue with image too when the top clubs come from small towns?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain741No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ornery Optimist "Is it the Super League club owners organising the restructure - or is it Sky demanding changes?
Which ' independent ' panel has the jurisdiction?
Will a video and a report have to be furnished?'"

Doubt it's sky when the deal is only for 2 years.

A competition where teams are playing each other multiple times I don't think is good for any broadcaster.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1850No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ColD "Does RU have a full time second tier ?? Be surprised if it does'"

The eleven-side league was known as National Division One and in 2009 changed from semi-professional clubs to fully professional.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1850No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: orangeman "URBAN MYTH #365.
Twickenham capacity was 72,000 in 2002. They filled it 2 times that year and 3 times the following year before heading to Australia for the RUWC.

Decades of FTA coverage on the BBC for games like Ireland v Wales, or Scotland v France built a "must see" attitude to the 5 and then 6 nations. Italy v France in Union on BBC2 now gets a comparable TV audience to England v Australia in League.

REGULAR GAMES.....in FTA TV, with buy-in from the broadcaster over decades is what we will never get, so stop hanging your hat on internationals as the saviour. With only three viable teams, it's a non starter.'"

So the established international game, that was exactly my point. They may have filled Twickenham on a regular basis but casual and TV viewers most certainly increased following the World Cup win.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: puroresu_boy "Doubt it's sky when the deal is only for 2 years.

A competition where teams are playing each other multiple times I don't think is good for any broadcaster.'"

So does the 2 year deal indicate that it is the last one Sky are offering?

Will the sport now have to find another willing,paying, broadcaster?

Will any restructure in rugby league last beyond 2 years?

Seem to be in a difficult situation with a World Cup fast approaching.

I hope plans are in place to welcome any new enthusiasts that may be found this year...

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain302
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Don't know why people think going to 10 will be the savior of rl? Surely getting rid of clubs lowers attendances. Do people want to see the same match 3 times a season? People will maybe only pick 1. The quality argument doesn't stand either. Less teams equals less players equals less quality. If its money then the clubs need to look at how they can make themselves more money.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6904
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73643_1666630451.jpeg
[img:v6cgff03]http://s26.postimg.org/9xie34xyh/leigh1.png[/img:v6cgff03]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73643.jpeg

Quote: puroresu_boy "Doubt it's sky when the deal is only for 2 years.

A competition where teams are playing each other multiple times I don't think is good for any broadcaster.'"

You just stated remembering how licensing failed. Those actions costs clubs, and still those clubs haven’t fulfilled their obligations. Yet as you say get away scot free, whilst others feed them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: puroresu_boy "Criteria lol. They make it up as they go along

Remember the criteria regarding stadiums and what a joke that become when they just ignored it and 10 years later still no stadiums for certain clubs.'"

Good points....

But 10 years ago the license application for Wakey was greeted by the RFL with the words [i"the stadium position is uncertain"[/i and for Cas [i"growth is reliant on a new stadium"[/i

Before that the RFL stupidly indicated that if Cas and Wakey wanted to be in Superleague they needed to find new stadiums, however they could not do this and the RFL suddenly realised they had nobody better to replace these clubs, to carry out the threat, and that was the real joke.

The RFL thought that somehow there were new clubs with money facilities and ambition ready to take these two clubs places....

There wasn't.

156 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
156 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1005859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Decision on the field
Cruncher
5m
TV Games - Not Hull
B0NES
6m