JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: WestEndThinker "Bradford want promoting because the RFL own their ground.'"

Inventing your own myth there icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Donnyman "Inventing your own myth there
He should have put that the RFL want Bradford promoting so that they can collect some rent on their "asset"

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Just to correct you, the collections/ donations at Wakefield were deliberately kept away from the club and put in trust for the incoming administration, if not it would have been spaffed away by the doomed previous owners.
I think many suggested that Bradford should have done the same but, IIRC they chose to try and use the monies to try and plug some holes in the sinking ship - a HUGE mistake, which cost Bradford a huge amount of good will.'"

How much?

Isn't it the case that Supporters Trust actually advised against raising money to pay the clubs debts and that a buyer came in and came to an agreement with the creditors.

And you still came bottom which the Bulls never have. Your complaints about the Bulls possibly, and against the advice of many experienced supporters (me included) going into SL is allegedly premised on the arbitrary nature of the RL's rules which means they can do what they like. Well you finished bottom and weren't relegated and the other clubs weren't promoted on merit either.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Quote: Donnyman "I enjoyed all your Bradford posts and analysis, very interesting indeed very informative and of course your analysis of SKY that they are not in any way controlling the game was also bang on.'"

Thanks mate, just blows my mind that people on here genuinely think the RFL have 'helped' over the years. They would have helped if they stuck to their own rules regarding liquidation etc. And if people think SKY are controlling the game then they are delusional. SKY may say to SL we want to show a 12 team comp. Everything else is down to SL and the RFL. £40million is pocket change to SKY and that's what our current TV deal is. If they genuinely cared they would just give the same deal next time (technically might be lower in todays money in terms of inflation etc) but yet they are giving a reduced deal. It's down to the SL and RFL how that money is then distributed. SKY hold the rights to Champ and League 1 yet only show Summer Bash and Million Pound Game. Why not a big regular season game? End of the day, SKY's interests are in Football, NFL, Cricket and F1 as they are more lucrative and have their own dedicated channels. RL is just an afterthought unfortunatley.

Quote: Donnyman "The promotion of the club in order for it to bring a large paying fanbase back into Superleague is understandable when crowds have gone down in recent years, however all the indications are and all the bets are Bulls would be likely to just go straight back down.

I cannot see this for one second. To ride roughshod over so called "more deserving clubs" to place Bulls in SL for their large fan base, on reduced SKY money that may well help a bottom place finish and relegation then allow them to dissapear back to the Championship has no logic, and is probably an insult to the Superleague chairmen who simply are not stupid. Nor are those who are running the Bulls at this present time.'"

The thing is, these days we don't have a [ilarge[/i fanbase. We have a faithful base of support which happens to just be bigger than a lot of Champ clubs and some SL sides. But it's far from large. In 2019 Widnes had a fair few crowds bigger than ours, albeit we did have a 6k and a few 5k crowds before a 7k crowd for the 'last game at Odsal'. Even Leigh had a couple of 5k crowds. When they were in SL in 2017 Leigh regularly got 6k-7k crowds with a couple that were 8k-9k. Their lowest I think was like 4,950 against Wakey. Arguably in terms of fans Widnes and Leigh would be good shouts. Not sure how they both travelled though in all fairness. The thing is, the track record of Elstone, SL and the RFL is that they never think things through. Everything seems to be geared to the short term gains. So it wouldn't surprise me if they parachuted in Bradford for 2021. Clubs get money for away crowds. Bradford get a few games on air. Bradford vs Leeds is back three times. Maybe 4. Money makers, cash cows. Then Bradford finish bottom and go down.

I agree with you that maybe the SL chairmen aren't that stupid. But they have proven in the past that they are that greedy that they may just see Bradford as a way to boost their finances from the gate and gain money from the reduced central finding that Bradford would have to 'sacrifice' for the 12th SL spot. Who knows what the people running the Bulls are like? We don't really know much, just like Hood, Khan, Green, Moore, Chalmers and Lowe. We didn't know what they were going to be like. Everyone liked Khan and Green. Yes, under Green we were relegated (poor squad) yet had one of the best seasons in 2015 and nearly got promoted again but lost to Wakefield. It wasn't until after that it was revealed he was a right crook. Chalmers said all the right things, built us up from League 1, got Kear in (a masterstroke tbf) everyone loved him except SL chairmen, then after he'd gone it was revealed he didn't have money. Didn't pay pensions etc.

All I 'know' about Wood is that he pretty much chose the name [iBlue Sox[/i for Halifax which went down like a lead balloon. Then when he was Chief Executive didn't they get relegated, come under all sorts of financial troubles? The as head of RFL he obviously didn't do a great job, got paid off. Don't have a clue what he's doing as CEO of International Rugby League. So not a great track record. Yet has been allowed to take over the Bulls. Sawyer to be fair I think has done a good job with Dewsbury but he'll had over to Wood soon. Who again, doesn't have money?

Quote: Donnyman "There is a regular assumption that the current set up will just go on and on despite the Elephant in the room of the new SKY deal. It's a fact that a new format of a 2x10 club SL was not just suggested but voted on. It's a fact that so called expansion was tried but the final analysis of this by people engaged to look at the validity of overseas clubs decided that such clubs add nothing to the game here, but certainly take away players and erm.......

Provide no away fans.

So it's fairly easy to stand back and see that a new SKY deal will lead to a new set up and that may continue the work of dismantling the geographical expansion of the game (for thats all it was no new players or new TV deals came in), it may change the line up of Superleague 2022, and above all it may include Bradford Bulls exemption from relegation at the end of 2021. I don't think for a second that Nigel Wood is organising for Bradford to boost crowds in Superleague 2021 and then just slide back to Championship oblivion......'"

I hope there is a restructure in RL. In my opinion there needs to be. But when it happens. We need to stick with it. For the past 11 years we have chopped and changed systems. 14 team SL. One up, one down. Playoff system for SL as it makes money and the GF is the biggest event of the year, 1st in Championship goes up. I understand that this has 'failed' in the past as teams have come up and gone back down and gone bust. But that's down to the individual club to not do that. It's only fair to reward on field success. Expansion can come later to make it a 16 team game ala NRL if we can.

The only way I would accept Bradford taking SL. Is if they have had this guarantee. One year reduced funding (unfortunately this will be non-negotiable, it shouldn't happen regardless of the team, the 'pie' should be shared equally), whipping boys but at the end there will be no relegation for you. Then for 2022, two more teams will join the SL (maybe top 2 in 2021 Champ, or top 1 plus 1 'expansion' like York/Toulouse). Then 2022 features relegation and promotion. I do see your point about Wood organizing Bradford to go up, just to come back down and I sincerely hope your right.

Sorry for the long post guys! I just find it mental that a 12th spot opens in the top division and it should be a time for excitement, ambition, teams wanting that spot. It should be a fair crack at the top level. An open and clear plan for the future and instead we have worry, teams not wanting to apply. A disadvantage to the team coming up. An outsider looking in would genuinely think the SL is an 'old boys' club and very greedy/self serving. And in my own opinion it's an absolute disgrace that TWO clubs voted for the 12th team to have even less money (£800,000 I believe) than they are getting. Think that on it's own shows which teams are struggling and are scared for their place.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: M@islebugs "How much?

Isn't it the case that Supporters Trust actually advised against raising money to pay the clubs debts and that a buyer came in and came to an agreement with the creditors.

And you still came bottom which the Bulls never have. Your complaints about the Bulls possibly, and against the advice of many experienced supporters (me included) going into SL is allegedly premised on the arbitrary nature of the RL's rules which means they can do what they like. Well you finished bottom and weren't relegated and the other clubs weren't promoted on merit either.'"

Oh dear
You are still crying over the MPG defeat to Trinity, a game that was an integral part of the structure at that time, where despite Trinity being mickey poor, you (Bradford) still couldn't beat them and we had the infamous James Lowes "dummy spit" after the game.
Sounds like you want those rules changing too, to help Bradford get back into SL.

FWIW it was an awful system and I'm glad that it's gone.

I totally agree about the RFL and it's ability to run the show "properly" and no doubt, just as I stated previously, this could very well end up in the courts.
When the decision o the 12th club is finally made, there will be 7 (now 6) very unhappy clubs and their supporters.

For me, Toulouse offer something different and Fev are the "rightful" candidates, having been losing finalists last season.
Leigh also look to be a "solid" candidate.

I guess we will have to wait and see but, The RFL and SL have seemingly found a way to alienate huge numbers of RL fans and at a time when we need every last one of them and that's before the TV deal puts another nail in the RL coffin.

We could get rid of Elstone and share his "costs" to some of the lower league clubs, after all, it doesn't look like he will be improving on the previous TV deal (understatement) a046.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Oh dear
You are still crying over the MPG defeat to Trinity, a game that was an integral part of the structure at that time, where despite Trinity being mickey poor, you (Bradford) still couldn't beat them and we had the infamous James Lowes "dummy spit" after the game.
Sounds like you want those rules changing too, to help Bradford get back into SL.'"

Tbf as a Bradford fan that was a gutting loss. If that happened to you it would have stung too. But I don't get the use of this game to insult Bradford ("Wakefield were mickey poor and you still couldn't beat us"icon_wink.gif. Considering we were a Championship side, you were SL, it was pretty much yours to loose. Also you'd recruited like mad in the build up to the playoffs (Locke, Tansey, Sio, Mullally, Smith, Tupou, Moore) to ensure survival. Don't get me wrong we brought in Dane Neilsen. But wow never seen a club react the way Wakey did because you knew you'd be relegated if you didn't do anything. The 3 games you won in Super 8's was against Champ teams and you lost the dead rubber to Sheffield. You'd smashed us 48-18 in the 2nd week so when we played the £1million game, again, it was yours to loose. And you nearly blew it big time against a Bradford side who weren't great that day. If you'd have gone down that day after spending all that money, you could well have been in Bradford's predicament. Sounds like the rule changes that year (to include a bottom 4 qualifier) saved Wakefield. The structure the season before would have seen you down. Sport can be that fickle sometimes. But fair play, you survived and even thrived for a while. Loved the Fifita signing.

I don't think anyone wants the rules changing to allow Bradford back in. Well the fans don't anyway. Only ones that are mentioning that Bradford really are the SL chairmen who want us back and the likes of Carney etc. I certainly don't want SL if it's just going to be a poison chalice.

Quote: wrencat1873 "FWIW it was an awful system and I'm glad that it's gone.'"

Correct, although tbf it did throw up some great games. All the £1million games have been great and was good to see us beat Salford and Leigh in 2015.'"
]

Quote: wrencat1873 "I totally agree about the RFL and it's ability to run the show "properly" and no doubt, just as I stated previously, this could very well end up in the courts.
When the decision o the 12th club is finally made, there will be 7 (now 6) very unhappy clubs and their supporters.'"

Agreed. There will need to be very clear reasons as to why the 12th club have been chosen above everybody else. And also clarification on how they proceed. If the 12th club is there for cannon fodder, there's a problem. If the 12th club is the last before SL 'closes shop' there's a problem.

Quote: wrencat1873 "For me, Toulouse offer something different and Fev are the "rightful" candidates, having been losing finalists last season.
Leigh also look to be a "solid" candidate.'"

I'd agree with you here. Although I'd argue at the moment Leigh have got the squad on paper to potentially survive which is why I can't see SL clubs letting them in.

Quote: wrencat1873 "I guess we will have to wait and see but, The RFL and SL have seemingly found a way to alienate huge numbers of RL fans and at a time when we need every last one of them and that's before the TV deal puts another nail in the RL coffin.

We could get rid of Elstone and share his "costs" to some of the lower league clubs, after all, it doesn't look like he will be improving on the previous TV deal (understatement)
Agree with the alienation of fans and agree on Elstone. The man has failed in everything he has done and if the rumors are true about a lower SKY deal then he has essentially killed the game off at Champ/League 1.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "Tbf as a Bradford fan that was a gutting loss. If that happened to you it would have stung too. But I don't get the use of this game to insult Bradford ("Wakefield were mickey poor and you still couldn't beat us"icon_wink.gif. Considering we were a Championship side, you were SL, it was pretty much yours to loose. Also you'd recruited like mad in the build up to the playoffs (Locke, Tansey, Sio, Mullally, Smith, Tupou, Moore) to ensure survival. Don't get me wrong we brought in Dane Neilsen. But wow never seen a club react the way Wakey did because you knew you'd be relegated if you didn't do anything. The 3 games you won in Super 8's was against Champ teams and you lost the dead rubber to Sheffield. You'd smashed us 48-18 in the 2nd week so when we played the £1million game, again, it was yours to loose. And you nearly blew it big time against a Bradford side who weren't great that day. If you'd have gone down that day after spending all that money, you could well have been in Bradford's predicament. Sounds like the rule changes that year (to include a bottom 4 qualifier) saved Wakefield. The structure the season before would have seen you down. Sport can be that fickle sometimes. But fair play, you survived and even thrived for a while. Loved the Fifita signing.

I don't think anyone wants the rules changing to allow Bradford back in. Well the fans don't anyway. Only ones that are mentioning that Bradford really are the SL chairmen who want us back and the likes of Carney etc. I certainly don't want SL if it's just going to be a poison chalice.

Correct, although tbf it did throw up some great games. All the £1million games have been great and was good to see us beat Salford and Leigh in 2015.'"

Agreed. There will need to be very clear reasons as to why the 12th club have been chosen above everybody else. And also clarification on how they proceed. If the 12th club is there for cannon fodder, there's a problem. If the 12th club is the last before SL 'closes shop' there's a problem.

I'd agree with you here. Although I'd argue at the moment Leigh have got the squad on paper to potentially survive which is why I can't see SL clubs letting them in.

Agree with the alienation of fans and agree on Elstone. The man has failed in everything he has done and if the rumors are true about a lower SKY deal then he has essentially killed the game off at Champ/League 1.'"
]

We're now singing the same song icon_thumb.gif

A return to some kind of franchising and scrapping promotion and relegation would be a terrible backward step.
It is better to be relegated that it is, never to be allowed to be promoted.

Although relegation is always very difficult and can be the end for some clubs, P/R remains part of the British psyche.
Ironically though, "franchising" would be the best model for anyone keen on "expansion". It's just grossly unfair on clubs that are precluded from gaining promotion and, more importantly, I have no faith in the impartiality of the games administrators to make the "right" choices - generally, they have made a right mess of the sport. Although, getting to the end of this SL season has been a feather in their cap.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "We're now singing the same song
To be fair, you and I haven't had much correspondence on here as I took a small break recently and only just come back. So chances are we've always had the same thoughts on the 12th club predicament. Doubt we have the same views on the 2015 £1million match though icon_lol.gif

Franchising would be the best option for a top level competition. It would allow financial growth as there's no fear of relegation. Therefore no over spending. Same clubs would end up winning though as it would take years for clubs to develop the talent pool that the likes of Wigan, Saints and Leeds have. Warrington and Hull would be the closest. It would need to be 16 teams eventually. But again, it would kill the Championship. The Championship recently has probably been at it's best for a long time. Whether that's down to the caliber of clubs such as Bradford, Leigh, Widnes, London, Toulouse or the success that Featherstone and York have had recently, and of course the likes of Toronto and Hull KR. But the competition has been brilliant and I for one look forward to the Championship every week.

In theory franchising could work for the Championship. They could act as a 'Tier 2' completion with P/R to League 1 then every 3-5 years use franchising to keep promoting clubs to SL. Eventually you'd have enough sustainable clubs for SL1 and SL2. However that's all theory, reality is much different.

The games administrators are a joke. As are the SL chairmen who run the Super League. It's clear that they are just in it for self-preservation. Nothing wrong with that as they have a business to protect, but in that case they should not be making decisions for the game as a whole as there is a conflict of interest. Sometimes what's good for the game, isn't good for certain clubs. For example, you want to boost crowds in SL, you get rid of the team with the lowest crowds (Salford) and you put in a team with better crowds and away following (Bradford, Leigh, Widnes). You want to increase the salary cap to get/keep the best players over here and raise the cap in line with inflation (Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Warrington will be happy, you may even see a Latrell Mitchell type player come). The likes of Wakefield, Salford, Hull KR would hate that as it would mean they are shoe in for relegation. An independent governing body should run the game but obviously beforehand the RFL have employed some right numptys to be in charge or 'conmen' like Elstone.

I have to agree, getting to the end of the season was a positive but my god the sport has embarrassed itself during that time. Clubs not fulfilling fixtures. Breaking protocols. Grand Final moved to a 'home stadium' instead of a neutral ground (okay it's neutral for the finalists but Hull FC were one game from playing a GF at home). The whole Toronto debacle was embarrassing for the sport too.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7096
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36131_1571835935.jpg
nosorożce biorą to w dupę:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36131.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "FWIW it was an awful system and I'm glad that it's gone.'"

TBF that's what Lowes was saying and he was right too. No one in that ground enjoyed their day and no wakefield fan (i bumped into anyway) came out of the ground happy as if they'd won some sort of final. Everyone i spoke to was just relieved.

Not sure what that game has to do with this thread though. There was a vote instigated by the Superleague clubs, the behaviour and comments of some superleague chairman was (IMO) below the belt, a number of championship and league one clubs were bullied into voting for it (a lot voted of their own free will). The thinking behind it being that superleague was the jewel in the crown, that brings in the TV rights and should be protected at all costs from financial meltdown.

The upshot of it is that as of 2022 Championship and League one clubs are likely to forego central funding because of a reduced deal, All well and good if the Championship and League one clubs were aligned to a league format and governing body that promoted the lower leagues and helped them sell their own TV rights. Short of a split that's not possible.

I don't think that's fair. Would I be saying that if we were sat at the top table? Probably not, but that doesn't make it right.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6904
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73643_1666630451.jpeg
[img:v6cgff03]http://s26.postimg.org/9xie34xyh/leigh1.png[/img:v6cgff03]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73643.jpeg

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "Can't see how SKY was involved in the whole 2017 season scandal in the post you quoted considering SKY don't care about the Championship or League 1. Or how SKY was involved in the SL club vote to take our funding and distribute amongst themselves? Or how SKY was involved in the vetting process for our owners which prevented people with money taking over in favour of Marc Green and later in Andrew Chalmers? Honestly can't even see SKY being involved in the potential return of Bradford. If the Bulls do get the 12th spot it's entirely to the benefit of the other SL teams as we do take a very good away following and with the 'return' to SL I can see us taking a fair few. The big teams will all have 10-15k gates against us at home, and the likes of Hull and Wakefield would benefit from a Bradford away following. But people forget we aren't the massive club we once was. It won't be like the good old days of 20k crowds and sell outs. It will still be a better following that most but not mega. As I said, Toulouse, Leigh or Featherstone deserve that 12th spot.

I'm an expansionist, I want the game to grow. I was gutted that Toronto failed like it did, but genuine expansion I'm all for. Catalans for a while did it well. Had a core of French players then rounded the squad out with Aussies. However that's flipped in more recent times. At the moment for me, Toulouse, York, Newcastle are the best 'expansion' clubs. But I'm liking the work West Wales are doing, squad pretty much full of Welsh players and trying to do it properly albeit a few spankings on the way.

M62 corridor does need fortifying and building at the moment especially in the current climate. Financially clubs are struggling (except the big money backed clubs) and if that means we sacrifice expansion for the short term in order to consolidate and build then so be it.

SL by appointing Elstone is killing the game. What has he done in his time (assuming the new SKY deal is less) which effectively kills the lower leagues. Wasn't it Elstone who took the Magic Weekend to Liverpool which was considered a failure. Hence why it's back at Newcastle? I'm happy to be proved wrong but everything Elstone was paid to do, he's failed or is failing on?

Forgive me as it's been a long day but I can't understand what your point was or at least what you meant by it?'"

Indeed forgive me. I thought this thread was to do with the new Sky deal! But by all means feel free to preach on about the Bulls. Now do you see the point?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world:

Like I’ve always said, this is what happens when the haves are dumbed downed to the have nots.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg

Quote: atomic "Indeed forgive me. I thought this thread was to do with the new Sky deal! But by all means feel free to preach on about the Bulls. Now do you see the point?'"

Ah I see where I have gone wrong. I replied to claims that Bradford were ‘helped’ by the RFL and will be ‘helped’ again to try get a better SKY deal. Sorry I didn’t realise I couldn’t discuss how wrong those statements were and actually have conversation with folk on here.

If you paid any attention to the posts you’d notice he I pretty much always brought it back around to the SKY deal. How unfair it was, poison chalice etc. I expect you just read the Bulls part though so I’ll forgive you for that icon_rolleyes.gif

Best team from a TV deal perspective is hands down Bradford. I don’t think we deserve it but that’s fact. As I said before Toulouse, Leigh and Featherstone are the three they should choose from.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "

.'"

Just where is the poison Chalice?

The ownership is fairly wide with Wood Sawyer and Swain holding most the shares, they look a dedicated team in for the long haul. If they go down they can come back up. They have the business plan to make good use of the ground to attract revenue, the ground is either passed for spectators as safe or it's not passed.

It passes......

It's who SKY want to see, its a club who can attract the fans and take them round the grounds accordingly to the the benefit of all. Any idea the club is not "ready for Superleague" is absurd, as for the team they are in good hands, and Kear is the kind of man who can get 11th. spot. Who knows? time may be up on Salford who are the ones heavily in debt, whose top coach has left them. Anyone really think Salford are a stronger bet than Bulls?

I can't think of anything worse that Mr. Wood who knows the game inside out and got a half £Million pay off when he left and Mr, Sawyer, Mr. Swain and others being told no you can't come in, when all the SL clubs and SKY clearly want them in on the half baked idea not that they will just go down again (if so they can just come back up again - other clubs did this like HKR

It's a no brainer, clearly a better choice than erm Toronto Wolfpack, how did they go? Clearly a better choice than Toulouse who won't bring any fans at all and who SKY don't need - totally absurd if we start rebuilding SL as an anglo french league.

If Superleague say they are the club they want in and Bradford say they are ready to be in whose to say it's a bad idea? Well anyone on here of course but please explain HOW it's a bad idea. If anyone wants a bad idea that's to reject the Bulls directors investment into the game, tell SKY they should show a French club instead and block thousands of fans returning to Superleague with their money in their pockets ready to spend around the league.........

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: Donnyman "Just where is the poison Chalice?

The ownership is fairly wide with Wood Sawyer and Swain holding most the shares, they look a dedicated team in for the long haul. If they go down they can come back up. They have the business plan to make good use of the ground to attract revenue, the ground is either passed for spectators as safe or it's not passed.

It passes......

It's who SKY want to see, its a club who can attract the fans and take them round the grounds accordingly to the the benefit of all. Any idea the club is not "ready for Superleague" is absurd, as for the team they are in good hands, and Kear is the kind of man who can get 11th. spot. Who knows? time may be up on Salford who are the ones heavily in debt, whose top coach has left them. Anyone really think Salford are a stronger bet than Bulls?

I can't think of anything worse that Mr. Wood who knows the game inside out and got a half £Million pay off when he left and Mr, Sawyer, Mr. Swain and others being told no you can't come in, when all the SL clubs and SKY clearly want them in on the half baked idea not that they will just go down again (if so they can just come back up again - other clubs did this like HKR

It's a no brainer, clearly a better choice than erm Toronto Wolfpack, how did they go? Clearly a better choice than Toulouse who won't bring any fans at all and who SKY don't need - totally absurd if we start rebuilding SL as an anglo french league.

If Superleague say they are the club they want in and Bradford say they are ready to be in whose to say it's a bad idea? Well anyone on here of course but please explain HOW it's a bad idea. If anyone wants a bad idea that's to reject the Bulls directors investment into the game, tell SKY they should show a French club instead and block thousands of fans returning to Superleague with their money in their pockets ready to spend around the league.........'"

Toronto reached,and were accepted into ,Super League by on-field performances.

It may surprise you,but it seems Sky and Super League don't agree about everything - even though you purport to know the machinations of a few M62 club owners - and the USA people in charge of Sky.

RankPostsTeam
International Star21650
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62021_1514912988.png
[img:12j4q57k]https://i.imgur.com/ayH2ksC.jpg[/img:12j4q57k]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62021.png

Quote: Ornery Optimist "Toronto reached,and were accepted into ,Super League by initially offering a nice big brown envelope to BIG Nige.

It may surprise you,but it seems Sky and Super League don't agree about everything - even though you purport to know the machinations of a few M62 club owners - and the USA people in charge of Sky.'"

Edited for accuracy.

216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.22509765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Neruda
12m
Leigh it is
MattyB
14m
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
27m
Rumours thread
Kettykat
28m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
29m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
30m
Film game
Boss Hog
41m
Ground Improvements
Kettykat
Recent
Fev H Play Off
Bullseye
Recent
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
The Speculat
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leigh it is
MattyB
26s
Coach of the Year
Bobby Digita
27s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ocdstephen
31s
James Clark
Sebasteeno
32s
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
33s
The Speculat
35s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leeds owl
49s
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Bobby Digita
53s
Film game
Boss Hog
56s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Chris71
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Proposed rule changes 2025
rollin thund
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Bullseye
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
The Speculat
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
MattyB
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
MorePlaymake
TODAY
We are in good hands
God
TODAY
Josh Charnley
Vancouver Le
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,100 ↓-3580,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 4th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
Sun 22nd Sep
CH 27 Batley28-14Swinton
CH 27 Halifax14-10Bradford
CH 27 Swinton20-22Doncaster
L1 24 Hunslet18-14Midlands
L1 24 Keighley26-22Rochdale
WSL2024 15 LeedsW10-12York V
WSL2024 15 St.HelensW18-4WiganW
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22