Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: ThePrinter "The other poster beat me to it but I was about to mention Rupert Murdoch and how he controls both The Sun and Sky (or at least did). Never seen people boycott Sky over it, in fact RL fans have been begging Sky for more money and coverage overs the years/decades. So cut out the moral high horse standing shoulder to shoulder with them, and I’m the abhorrent one because it’s all hypocritical BS. Murdoch is just as responsible for those lies as it was one of his puppets that wrote it. Absolutely zero “moral backbone” just jumping on a bandwagon.

And no I’m not condoning their behaviour AT THAT TIME, I’m looking at the here and now and a journalist who is freelance, was probably still in short trousers at the time and just hoping to be there to report on RL. Maybe we should still judge Germans based on what some of their ancestors did before them
We clearly have a different opinion on this and you seem to be suggesting that Murdoch himself is responsible for everything printed in publications accross his empire. Ultimately, yes but, in reality, I think that you should be looking at the editor for this particular subject.
It took The Sun 23 years to apologise for their deliberate smear of Liverpool FC, it's fans and it's people, 23 years !!!

As for the poor jilted journalist, he (or more importantly, his boss) will have known the situation around Liverpool FC and it's pretty likely that they have sent a young guy in, just hoping that he isn't shown the door but, really, The Sun will have known the score so, it's a non story.

As for them boycotting RL, I would never know as personally, I wouldn't go near the rag.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2324
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53009_1317154093.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53009.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "It took The Sun 23 years to apologise for their deliberate smear of Liverpool FC, it's fans and it's people, 23 years !!!'"

It also took Liverpool 28 years to ban The Sun from Anfield & Melwood training ground.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: wrencat1873 "We clearly have a different opinion on this and you seem to be suggesting that Murdoch himself is responsible for everything printed in publications accross his empire. Ultimately, yes but, in reality, I think that you should be looking at the editor for this particular subject.
It took The Sun 23 years to apologise for their deliberate smear of Liverpool FC, it's fans and it's people, 23 years !!!

As for the poor jilted journalist, he (or more importantly, his boss) will have known the situation around Liverpool FC and it's pretty likely that they have sent a young guy in, just hoping that he isn't shown the door but, really, The Sun will have known the score so, it's a non story.

As for them boycotting RL, I would never know as personally, I wouldn't go near the rag.'"

As for dismissing the journalist as a “poor jilted” young guy it was actually Gary Carter, the journalist who was attacked a few years ago and left fighting for life in a coma and whose wife quit her job to look after him and accompany him to matches he goes too (sure their income isn’t a worry now because of this)....but feel free to belittle him because he works for The Sun

Their is some Liverpool fans who boycott Sky and also The Times and also TalkSport because Murdoch owns them (Radio DJ and Liverpool fan Colin Murray quit TalkSport when Murdoch took over because of the connection) so if you and others are really standing shoulder to shoulder with Liverpool on this then I expect you to give up Sky and ask your club to do likewise? Or because the boycotts of these other Murdoch owned businesses aren’t as high profile as The Sun one does it not count or does it need to be a certain amount of Scousers boycotting them or the Liverpool club itself?

Thing is as well what some don’t know or have forgotten is that it wasn’t the only paper to print those very same lies, several others did including a local Liverpool paper itself. Yet people carry like it was only The Sun.

RankPostsTeam
International Star182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Jul 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Liverpool has its own agenda regarding the sun and doesn’t care what effect it may or may not have with regards to rugby league over it, I personally do not buy that newspaper but I believe money talks and that is why sky is welcome there still despite being the owners of the sun. To me the way forward is to move magic weekend to somewhere where everyone is able to enjoy it whether that be Newcastle Cardiff or Edinburgh

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1024No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ThePrinter "As for dismissing the journalist as a “poor jilted” young guy it was actually Gary Carter, the journalist who was attacked a few years ago and left fighting for life in a coma and whose wife quit her job to look after him and accompany him to matches he goes too (sure their income isn’t a worry now because of this)....but feel free to belittle him because he works for The Sun '"

What has that got to do with any of this? Yes it was terrible that happened to him but it is completely irrelevant to him being banned from Anfield. Also, if he’s out of a job as a result then tough luck, he should choose who he works for more wisely.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75357_1559488330.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75357.jpeg

Was a journalist from The Sun allowed to attend the Australia v New Zealand game at Anfield the other year?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: AS108 "What has that got to do with any of this? Yes it was terrible that happened to him but it is completely irrelevant to him being banned from Anfield. Also, if he’s out of a job as a result then tough luck, he should choose who he works for more wisely.'"

It become relevant when the other poster tried to guess what this journalist was like. Great hypocrisy also that we can be talking about the human element and morals of the story but when I point out that a family are left without an income after some extremely tough years due to what one editor did 30 years ago and the response is basically screw him serves him right.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: big grimmo "Liverpool has its own agenda regarding the sun and doesn’t care what effect it may or may not have with regards to rugby league over it, I personally do not buy that newspaper but I believe money talks and that is why sky is welcome there still despite being the owners of the sun. To me the way forward is to move magic weekend to somewhere where everyone is able to enjoy it whether that be Newcastle Cardiff or Edinburgh'"

Money does talk as Liverpool do actually get money from The Sun from The Sun goals clip app like all Premier League clubs. Ban them but still take their money.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60432_1309989471.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60432.gif

Quote: ThePrinter "Scousers are so bloody sensitive.'"

What a disgrace you are. Didn't you start that Apology thread precisely because of moronic behaviour like this?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: JonB95 "What a disgrace you are. Didn't you start that Apology thread precisely because of moronic behaviour like this?'"

No that’s completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed, yet again just another poster who brings it up when you don’t like an opinion I’ve posted to try use against me. Quite poor really.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1024No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ThePrinter "It become relevant when the other poster tried to guess what this journalist was like. Great hypocrisy also that we can be talking about the human element and morals of the story but when I point out that a family are left without an income after some extremely tough years due to what one editor did 30 years ago and the response is basically screw him serves him right.'"

It isn’t just ‘what one editor did 30 years ago’ though and to work for The Sun you clearly have no morals so yes it does serve him right for working for that rag. Somehow, I think what the Sun published 30 years ago is a lot worse than a journalist losing his job because his employers found a crap excuse to drop the sport and save money.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: Psychedelic Casual "Was a journalist from The Sun allowed to attend the Australia v New Zealand game at Anfield the other year?'"

Probably as that was in 2015. For reasons best known to themselves, Liverpool chose not to impose the ban until 2017.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20337_1416501684.jpg
Mac out!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20337.jpg

I think SL and the Sun have come to an agreement and from today there will be reports on RL again in The Sun.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20469
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "No that’s completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed, yet again just another poster who brings it up when you don’t like an opinion I’ve posted to try use against me. Quite poor really.'"

Just an observation Printer but the reason this keeps happening is that you are trivialising a subject that many people have extremely strong feelings about. You must surely recognise that?
The reasons behind the Sun ban are incredibly important to people in Liverpool and people who witnessed the incidents on tv at the time, whether you like it or not. Liverpool football club have made a decision to back the opinions of the people of Liverpool and I personally support them doing that too.
The reason the ban was imposed so much later than the original newspaper articles is because it took that long to go through courts and once proven the fans and the families involved made their opinions public, which the owner agreed with and imposed the ban.

Whether a mistake has been made in communication to or from the rugby league, or whether Liverpool benefit in any other way does not detract from the reason it was put in place and the sentiment behind it.

You have every right to back the Sun and it's opinions it posted about the Liverpool fans on that day if you wish, but it has been established through courts that the claims were false. But if you do choose to do that, you have to be ready for a backlash of opinion that not only doesn't agree with you but is offended by the way you post about it. That is also their right and that is what you are seeing on this board in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17932
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: PopTart "Just an observation Printer but the reason this keeps happening is that you are trivialising a subject that many people have extremely strong feelings about. You must surely recognise that?
The reasons behind the Sun ban are incredibly important to people in Liverpool and people who witnessed the incidents on tv at the time, whether you like it or not. Liverpool football club have made a decision to back the opinions of the people of Liverpool and I personally support them doing that too.
The reason the ban was imposed so much later than the original newspaper articles is because it took that long to go through courts and once proven the fans and the families involved made their opinions public, which the owner agreed with and imposed the ban.

Whether a mistake has been made in communication to or from the rugby league, or whether Liverpool benefit in any other way does not detract from the reason it was put in place and the sentiment behind it.

You have every right to back the Sun and it's opinions it posted about the Liverpool fans on that day if you wish, but it has been established through courts that the claims were false. But if you do choose to do that, you have to be ready for a backlash of opinion that not only doesn't agree with you but is offended by the way you post about it. That is also their right and that is what you are seeing on this board in my opinion.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

75 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
75 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.43310546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad 2024
Listenup94
4m
Rumours thread
Kettykat
10m