FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > What does Leeds' victory mean for the regular season?
245 posts in 17 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2490
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Same post every year! the same sad people, the same drivel spouted. We have play offs to decide the champions you have had 15 years to get used to it. Wigan did not finish top Leeds did as they won last night while 12 teams were already on their hollidays. The top 4 have all the advantage they get a second go if they lose or a week off if they win. thats what the effort in the 27 regular rounds are about. 5 to 8 have it hard all the way & have to win every game away from home. If not for the play offs my team season would have been over months ago & would you rob the Wakefield fans the excitement of the last month?
Another point, the greatest sports competition's on earth use regular games & play offs, NFL, European Champions league, World cup & European cup soccer. The other thing to realise is that if we ever spread the game we can add teams without increasing on the 27 rounds & the new people we would attract wont care how we used to run the game for a few short years in our history.
Almost forgot, well done Leeds & Warrington a great game I enjoyed every second of it & I am sorry I could not be there as I love League at every level & will watch every game I can (reguardless of my teams position or form)

RankPostsTeam
International Star161No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68373_1347290769.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68373.jpg

Quote: Beverley red "Same post every year! the same sad people, the same drivel spouted. We have play offs to decide the champions you have had 15 years to get used to it. Wigan did not finish top Leeds did as they won last night while 12 teams were already on their hollidays. The top 4 have all the advantage they get a second go if they lose or a week off if they win. thats what the effort in the 27 regular rounds are about. 5 to 8 have it hard all the way & have to win every game away from home. If not for the play offs my team season would have been over months ago & would you rob the Wakefield fans the excitement of the last month?
Another point, the greatest sports competition's on earth use regular games & play offs, NFL, European Champions league, World cup & European cup soccer. The other thing to realise is that if we ever spread the game we can add teams without increasing on the 27 rounds & the new people we would attract wont care how we used to run the game for a few short years in our history.
Almost forgot, well done Leeds & Warrington a great game I enjoyed every second of it & I am sorry I could not be there as I love League at every level & will watch every game I can (reguardless of my teams position or form)'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6682No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RLBandit "Couldn't agree more about last night...but that's the point, the people on here, like me, that you think are "doing the sport down" love the game as much as anyone. All I want to see is a way to bring a bit of last night to the rest of the season and to have a better shot of converting what we're capable of creating on the field into commercial success. We're totally screwed if we just say "OK, that was good, game must be in great shape". One year, it'll be Catalans vs Huddersfield and we might wake up.'"

RL is a minority sport, we need everything the playoffs bring, certain elements may need tweaking and some lessons learnt, I'm not saying it doesn't. My point is the negativity towards the sport by it's own fans on here far outweighs the positive, my point is that even an inferior RL match to last night still displays more athleticism, sportsmanship and determination than the countries national sport.

If its Catalan v Hudds one year, great itll mean they've earnt it and that the depth of the competition is greater.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Quote: thaiad24 "If the RFL decided to change the play off system to top 3, Leeds would finish in that 3, if they scrapped the play offs all together they would be fighting for 1st 2nd, the rules at the start of the season give an opportunity for 8 teams to be champions, like it or not, the best team come play off time will be champions, Leeds have got the job done yet again, People say that they were just putting in mediocre performances all season just to end up in the 8, Yes i agree, and thats all it takes, come good at the right time and you will win. dont hate on the team - blame the system'"

Pretty much agree. The "play-offs", don't take away the intensity of the season, it's the number of teams that qualify for it. Having 6 or 5 would gives the regular season much more intensity as teams know a couple of losses and they could be out. One of the biggest problems is there been no advantage between 1st and 4th which is ridiculous, the crunch games like "Wire v.s Wigan" don't really matter to an extent as they know there is no advantage finishing 1st or 4th. Change it to 6 and the top two get a chance at the GF from week 1, Wigan and Warrington would be desperate to beat each other in the regular season to get this opportunity. If the RFL reduce it to 6 there would be no problem,.

Thought the GF was a great contest last night and well done Leeds!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Top 8 is too big for our league. We don't have enough good sides, therefore a team in 5th has the easiest start to the series. Would Leeds have won it the last two seasons if we had a top 6? I don't think so... The old system would have secured 1 of the top 2 in the final, this system doesn't.

In 2011, leeds would of had to beat:

Saints away
Hudds away
Wigan away
Wire OT

This year it would have been:

Catalans away
Saints away
Wire away
Wigan OT

I don't think a team would have enough in the tank for all that. The old system favoured the top 2 and rightly so. This system gives the 5th place and easier first game than the top 4 get.....

Saying all that, I am amazed that this Leeds team has done this two years running, nut for me it is a sign that it needs changing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44920_1327005775.png
[quote="Harrigan":1th0f7ap]Wigan are the most structured team I have ever seen in this country.[/quote:1th0f7ap] [quote="NickyKiss":1th0f7ap]As a fan Wane makes you want to run through a brick wall so you can only imagine how he makes the players feel![/quote:1th0f7ap] [url=http://twitter.com/#!/theegw:1th0f7ap]@TheEGW[/url:1th0f7ap] [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnX1esHN2wkEC1FxcO2TCg:1th0f7ap]YouTube Channel[/url:1th0f7ap]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44920.png

Quote: Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo "Don't remember Catalans busting a gut in the game at Wigan. Leeds on the other hand had a tough game against Wakefield who were the form team at the time. Leeds then also had to travel to the South of France and back before facing Wigan. Not saying the system is perfect but lets not try and belittle Leeds' achievement.'"

You're right, which is why I said I wasn't saying Leeds' path was easy, but if Leeds and Catalans had got to pick their fixture between Wigan away or Wakefield at home, who would they have picked?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44920_1327005775.png
[quote="Harrigan":1th0f7ap]Wigan are the most structured team I have ever seen in this country.[/quote:1th0f7ap] [quote="NickyKiss":1th0f7ap]As a fan Wane makes you want to run through a brick wall so you can only imagine how he makes the players feel![/quote:1th0f7ap] [url=http://twitter.com/#!/theegw:1th0f7ap]@TheEGW[/url:1th0f7ap] [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnX1esHN2wkEC1FxcO2TCg:1th0f7ap]YouTube Channel[/url:1th0f7ap]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44920.png

Quote: Peter Kingsley "The top 8 is unlikely to be altered because it means more games and more money. Who do you think pushed for that to happen? Sky, they control the game becase they pump all the money in.

Maybe the existing top 8 can be tweaked so it's weighted more in favour of the top 2, if that will appease people.

But those going on about first past the post and getting rid of the playoffs - Firstly, are you crazy? The grand final is a fantastic, money spinning showpiece event, i look forward to 'grand final day' every year. It gives the game great coverage and exposure.

All the big names turn up or tune in, the rooneys the ferdinands, they love it, and sing it's praises to their millions of followers.

Also, the majority of the sports history has seen the champions decided by playoffs. Learn your rugby league history, first past the post has been the exception not the rule. Pretty much all major sports apart from football decide champions with some form of playoff. So stop going on like rugby league is some wierd outcast sport doing something ridiculous.

Does anyone remember what first past the post was like? After about a quarter, the season would be over for all but 6 teams (most likely 3 with realistic chance of top spot, and 3 battling bottom place), or should i change that to 3 with no relegation?

So we'd still have a bunch of nothing games. The grass isn't always greener. The current system gives the greatest incentive to the highest % of teams.

In conclusion, people are living in cloud cuckoo land. The best thing that can happen is the top 8 system is tweaked so that it's weighted better in favour of the highest placed teams. But it's not going away because of the extra games and thus extra money it generates.

And doing away with the grand final to decide champions altogether? The grand final is fantastic, it is well and truly here to stay.'"

That's certainly all I'd ask for. I enjoy the playoffs (though admittedly I'd enjoy them more if every round was a knockout) and wouldn't want to see a return of FPTP for the reasons you've stated. My main gripe is that finishing lower down the top 8 should make your route to the final increasingly difficult, making teams want to avoid doing so at all costs; in contrast finishing higher up should give you a very easy route to the final, making for an exciting race for the top. We don't have that at the moment and nobody really minds too much as long as they finish in the top 8, and most of those places are all but guaranteed, hence why people are questioning the weekly rounds.

MjM
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6806No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
86.jpg
Let all the doubters keep doubting and those who believe keep believing. We’re only interested in those in the bubble. Anyone who wants to come in the bubble, you can come in. But you’ve got to keep believing.:86.jpg

Quote: Odem "I am amazed that this Leeds team has done this two years running, nut for me it is a sign that it needs changing.'"
icon_biggrin.gifOH:

It's merely a sign that the teams who have finished top the past two years haven't had the qualities required of a champion team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44920_1327005775.png

Quote: Beverley red "Same post every year! the same sad people, the same drivel spouted. We have play offs to decide the champions you have had 15 years to get used to it. Wigan did not finish top Leeds did as they won last night while 12 teams were already on their hollidays. The top 4 have all the advantage they get a second go if they lose or a week off if they win. thats what the effort in the 27 regular rounds are about. 5 to 8 have it hard all the way & have to win every game away from home. If not for the play offs my team season would have been over months ago & would you rob the Wakefield fans the excitement of the last month?
Almost forgot, well done Leeds & Warrington a great game I enjoyed every second of it & I am sorry I could not be there as I love League at every level & will watch every game I can (reguardless of my teams position or form)'"

Leeds (5th) got to play Wakefield (8th) at home, whilst Catalans (4th) played Wigan (1st) away. If Leeds did have it hard all the way I wouldn't have a single complaint.

MjM
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6806No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
86.jpg
Let all the doubters keep doubting and those who believe keep believing. We’re only interested in those in the bubble. Anyone who wants to come in the bubble, you can come in. But you’ve got to keep believing.:86.jpg

Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "Leeds (5th) got to play Wakefield (8th) at home, whilst Catalans (4th) played Wigan (1st) away. If Leeds did have it hard all the way I wouldn't have a single complaint.'"
The team finishing 4th has a second go. But moreover they have the prospect of a week off if they win. Catalans didn't display champion qualities in that game against Wigan (compared to, say, the team Wigan played last time they were involved in that very 1st vs 4th play off tie). Catalans didn't deserve to win and didn't deserve to be champions based on their play off performances - but that is not to say they didn't have a much easier opportunity with the prospect of one away game followed by one home game, the route Leeds followed in 2010.

Because the French failed to take advantage of that does not suddenly make this Wigan claim that 5th is easier than 4th valid, it just shows that play off systems weed out teams who aren't worthy of the title.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "That's certainly all I'd ask for. I enjoy the playoffs (though admittedly I'd enjoy them more if every round was a knockout) and wouldn't want to see a return of FPTP for the reasons you've stated. My main gripe is that finishing lower down the top 8 should make your route to the final increasingly difficult, making teams want to avoid doing so at all costs; in contrast finishing higher up should give you a very easy route to the final, making for an exciting race for the top. We don't have that at the moment and nobody really minds too much as long as they finish in the top 8, and most of those places are all but guaranteed, hence why people are questioning the weekly rounds.'"

Wigan had a Week off, and faced a Leeds side which had just come back from a bruising encounter in the south of france. To be crowned champions Leeds had to beat 8th, 4th, 1st and 2nd. For Wigan to win it they would have only needed too 4th, 5th and 2nd. Realistically, how much more of an advantage do they want?

If anything would remove the integrity of the competition it would be to make the play-offs a procession, with advantages so weighted in the favour of the top team it becomes pointless playing, The main thrust of the Wigan argument is that the play-offs arent 'fair' or 'rewarding' for the teams finishing top 2, because by the time Leeds met Wigan, Leeds werent so busted up by other teams that is was a walkover for Wigan and they had to face a Leeds team who were better than them.

If Wigan cant beat a Leeds side, when they have home advantage, when Leeds were missing Danny Mcguire, when Leeds were coming off the back of a game away in france, when Wigan were coming off a week off, when Leeds had already played in the 3 more matches that year than Wigan, a WCC, a CC final, and an away play off in france, because Wigan didnt have 'enough of an advantage' then they arent a champion side.

RankPostsTeam
International Star215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think that Leeds achievment makes them truly the Champions. To play every game on a win or go home scenario, and, after the Wakefield game, away from home and then to beat the overwhelming favourites, i.e. Wigan and Warrington, one on their home ground and one in the final is an amazing feat. They deserve the tag of champions.

Those who claim they coasted through the regular season sound deluded. I am sure they would have preferred to finish top and have all the home games and pick your own opponent choices that go with that. Do anyone seriously think they coasted in the regular
season so they could go to Catalans and Wigan and have an extra game against Wakefield when they could have played at Headingley and taken all the income that goes with that, bar receipts etc, plus the home field advantage. The odds of them making the final via the route that they did must have been astronomical. How can anyone think they went that route on purpose.?

Playoffs are the norm in most top sports and have been in RL for most of our history. If some team was to win our championship from 8th place, it would be an extraordinary achievment, to be lauded not disparaged. These feats are rare and will continue to be so. The vast majority of the time the winner will come from the top four if not the top two.

This season has been extraordinary in that Sheffield did the same thing as Leeds but the usual order prevailed in CC1 where Doncaster did the double.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1002No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Seth "RL is a minority sport, we need everything the playoffs bring, certain elements may need tweaking and some lessons learnt, I'm not saying it doesn't. My point is the negativity towards the sport by it's own fans on here far outweighs the positive, my point is that even an inferior RL match to last night still displays more athleticism, sportsmanship and determination than the countries national sport.

If its Catalan v Hudds one year, great itll mean they've earnt it and that the depth of the competition is greater.'"

I'm pretty sure that you'll find any forum in any subject has more negative posts than positives, for the simple reason that you're more inclined to post when you have a view about something you don't like or you want to see changed. Just like I'm sure the BBC gets more letters of complaint than it gets letters saying " that show was great ". This forum will always have more 'whinges' than it has cheerleading, but that doesn't mean the game or its fans are obsessed with running it down. I think we suffer from poor leadership, but I'd still defend the sport the Nth degree against those who'd say Union or whatever was better. In fact, the people who would claim that us whingers are the pessimists are the ones who I think are the REAL pessimists, because they have an attitude of "we're a small sport, why bother trying to be better?" when in fact we can be so much bigger and better. Nobody will ever convince me that Nigel Wood is the man to take RL close the maximum of what is realistically acheivable with great leadership.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Best way to stop all this moaning about how fair or unfair the playoff system is to scrap it . Let the team that finishes in top spot be crowned champions .
Then let's have an all included end of season knock-out tournament .
Give the champions and second placed team ( or CC winners ? ) a bye into the second week .
Every round fixtures to be drawn randomly out of a bag .
Week one . 12 teams in the bag = 6 games
Week two . 1st and 2nd ( or CC winners ? ) go in the bag with winners from week one . 8 teams = 4 games .
Week three . Winners from week two in the bag . 4 teams = 2 games
Week four is the final contested by winners from week three .

All games to be decided on the day . In the event of any games being level on 80 mins play continues ( no hooter ) until the next score .

Simples .

Now just have to decide what to call the winners of this tournament .

RankPostsTeam
International Star69No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think the team finishing top are the League Champions and the team winning at Old Trafford are the Grand Final winners.

The League season provides you with an opportunity to finish in the top 8 and entry into the most exclusive Cup competition in Rugby League but it should not determine who is recognised as League Champions.

245 posts in 17 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
245 posts in 17 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.529296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Sheffield A
Wigan Bull
1m
Film game
Wanderer
3m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
11m
Hull KR H
NickyKiss
19m
Recruitment rumours and links
Boss Hog
47m
Whitehaven
phe13
52m
Who do we want in the play-offs
rubber ducki
53m
Hudds
BigTime
54m
I struggle with this
atomic
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
39s
Rumours thread
PopTart
40s
Ken Rollin
PopTart
42s
Hull KR H
NickyKiss
44s
Play-offs
Deeeekos
46s
rubber ducki
50s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Roam Ranger
51s
This weeks disciplinary
rubber ducki
1m
Todays match v Saints
ratticusfinc
1m
I struggle with this
atomic
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 26
FoxyRhino
TODAY
7pm
PopTart
TODAY
rubber ducki
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
PopTart
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
AdamH
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
ratticusfinc
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,324 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20