JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "P+R isnt the default position for the game, however much the vocal minority with their vested interests pretend it is.'"

There are other options and variations. Which is good, because we're going to need one if they let a newco Bradford into SL. You can abandon your principles [ior[/i you can stand by them, you [ican't[/i do both simultaneously. Sometimes you have to make a choice. They could [ipretend[/i that they'd retained licensing but it would be untrue and the worst choice available.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Starbug "]

Has anybody ever taken it seriously before ?'"

I've had reservations - but P+R wasn't working so it was worth a go perhaps. [iAssuming a creditor-ignoring newco[/i, this is the first time, IMO, you could say [iincontrovertibly[/i it isn't as advertised.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "I've had reservations - but P+R wasn't working so it was worth a go perhaps. [iAssuming a creditor-ignoring newco[/i, this is the first time, IMO, you could say [iincontrovertibly[/i it isn't as advertised.'"

Celtic Crusaders

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png

Quote: Starbug "Celtic Crusaders'"

Fair point - but they only got a 4 point deduction, so I assume creditors got and accepted something. Or that was the plan at least - subsequent events meaning maybe not, I guess.

The change of rules that meant admin wasn't an automatic revocation of a licence was ropey as, admittedly. Personally I was willing to hold my nose while the rules were 'adapted'. That, if you squint and are feeling generous could be considered a compromise - this would be putting up the white flag in a very obvious way.
It might go widely unnoticed in the short term, but those in positions of influence at clubs in both SL and Championship will see what it means, making the system untenable.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Mild Rover "There are other options and variations. Which is good, because we're going to need one if they let a newco Bradford into SL. You can abandon your principles [ior[/i you can stand by them, you [ican't[/i do both simultaneously. Sometimes you have to make a choice. They could [ipretend[/i that they'd retained licensing but it would be untrue and the worst choice available.'"
The three year time period was the major mistake in licensing.

If they get rid of that, and admit and remove clubs as and when it is the right thing to do, then that is simply a change in the franchising process, it isnt an abandonment in the principle.

I would have thought the 3 year time frame was always temporary, simply because it is an entirely arbitrary period of time, as was shown by Bradford.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "The trouble with this sort of conspiracy rubbish is that the conspiracy theorist has a 50/50 chance of the outcome being what he or she said, but would take that outcome as being "proof" that the conspiracy was correct.
And you accuse starbug of rambling icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2448No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3390_1304612784.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3390.gif

The problem though Smokey, is what precipitates the decision that it is the right time for a change? Going bust? And how much time do clubs get to react to this sudden decision, both those who are losing the franchise and those who are a) being asked to prepare a bid and b) make the step up to SL? The process would be even less transparent than it is now!

Without a three year timeframe in place, unenfranchised clubs (and I would use the term disenfranchised in the context of rugby league as a whole) have no horizon on which to base their ambition to be promoted.

On the other hand, abolishing the three year rule would at least provide irrefutable evidence that a full breakaway would be needed by those outside SL to allow them to control their own destiny and look after their own interests, just as SL only looks after it's own.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "I would have thought the 3 year time frame was always temporary, simply because it is an entirely arbitrary period of time, as was shown by Bradford.'"

I would have thought applying any time frame was inappropriate in Bradford's case as they were already in deep dung when they were handed a Grade 2 license last year.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "The three year time period was the major mistake in licensing.

If they get rid of that, and admit and remove clubs as and when it is the right thing to do, then that is simply a change in the franchising process, it isnt an abandonment in the principle.

I would have thought the 3 year time frame was always temporary, simply because it is an entirely arbitrary period of time, as was shown by Bradford.'"

This is a rare moment. I agree with you! Knock me over with a feather icon_biggrin.gif

The game needs to focus on what it does right - the fantastic product on the pitch. Licensing and criteria has taken over topical discussions; taken the onus away from what happens on the pitch. The Championships need to focus on their lot - with the help from a dedicated "man in charge at the RFL" and the same appointment made for SL. We have a lot of work to do down here without fannying around applying for something which - in the immediate future - isn't going to be given. Clubs need to improve their lot and somehow make it so the RFL and SL come knocking on their door rather than them chasing some pipe dream when ill equipped to do so.

SL also needs to stop the rot that Crusaders, Wakefield and now Bradford have let spread. I'm not so sure that some clubs can actually afford full time squads. But even if the RFL managed to relieve Sky of an extra £50m would the clubs just blow the lot?

The finals season is upon us - it's the business end of the season. Let's hope we're talking about the matches and not some other drawn out drama.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "Fair point - but they only got a 4 point deduction, so I assume creditors got and accepted something. Or that was the plan at least - subsequent events meaning maybe not, I guess.

The change of rules that meant admin wasn't an automatic revocation of a licence was ropey as, admittedly. Personally I was willing to hold my nose while the rules were 'adapted'. That, if you squint and are feeling generous could be considered a compromise - this would be putting up the white flag in a very obvious way.
It might go widely unnoticed in the short term, but those in positions of influence at clubs in both SL and Championship will see what it means, making the system untenable.'"

It wasnt the failing of the CC I meant , it was their inclusion right from the start that removed any credibility the licence system had from day one

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "The three year time period was the major mistake in licensing.

I would have thought the 3 year time frame was always temporary, simply because it is an entirely arbitrary period of time, as was shown by Bradford.'"

Without significant investement in the Championships the time frame is irrelivant , no club will ever be in a position to bridge the gap, barring perhaps a club pulling in a Ken Davy type investor willing to put tens of millions in to buy fans and ultimatley a SL place

In the meantime the bottom half of SL will also wither and die

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: littlerich "
The game needs to focus on what it does right - the fantastic product on the pitch. Licensing and criteria has taken over topical discussions; taken the onus away from what happens on the pitch. The Championships need to focus on their lot - with the help from a dedicated "man in charge at the RFL" and the same appointment made for SL. We have a lot of work to do down here without fannying around applying for something which - in the immediate future - isn't going to be given. Clubs need to improve their lot and somehow make it so the RFL and SL come knocking on their door rather than them chasing some pipe dream when ill equipped to do so.

The finals season is upon us - it's the business end of the season. Let's hope we're talking about the matches and not some other drawn out drama.'"

I'll do the job rich , 80 K a year and a couple of million budget and we might start getting somewhere, they'll probably get Ralph to do it with some ' try/no try flags and a few free SL grand final tickets

I might even start watching games again

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Quote: Starbug "I'll do the job rich , 80 K a year and a couple of million budget and we might start getting somewhere, they'll probably get Ralph to do it with some ' try/no try flags and a few free SL grand final tickets

I might even start watching games again'"

I don't think handing out free bowls of lobby is going to help much though. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: littlerich "I don't think handing out free bowls of lobby is going to help much though.
With carrots and beetroot it would icon_wink.gif

The thing is, we know what is needed, but the idiots in charge are completely clueless in all aspects, we currently have the Bradford mess, confusion with the new Championship clubs and the reserve/u 20/23/18/19 dual reg situation, all badly thought out and implemented, I find it incredible that the supposed intelligent people running the clubs ( SL ) put up with it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

The way Bradford are playing tonight, it's clear they are no longer playing for their futures as they celebrate the new ownership along with their secured SL licence.

Whoops... not allowed to announce that last bit just yet until all due processes are concluded and addressed as fair and above board.

Franchising = the encouragement of mediocrity.

404 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
404 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.189453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
2m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
4m