JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Steve Fox ""a kick whereby the ball is dropped from the hands (or hand) and is kicked immediately it rebounds from the ground"

That's the definition of a drop kick in the laws of the game. Not simultaneous contact between ball, ground and boot but immediately after it has rebounded from the floor.

McGuire did that. The ball wasn't bouncing round the floor for seconds before he kicked it. He met the ball as it bounced from the pitch.

What happened was that Alibert asked the wrong question in saying "did it hit the ground?", wrong because drop kicks ARE allowed to hit the ground.

He should have asked if the ball was dropped deliberately rather than accidentally and did McGuire kick it soon enough to qualify as a drop kick.

As I recall Ganson didn't watch a single replay in real time in making his decision so how can he possibly have judged if the ball was "kicked immediately it rebounds from the ground" as required by the laws?

The fact is that, in the heat of the moment, the 3 officials seems to have had a collective brain fart and forgotten about the possibility of a drop kick and instead got confused with a situation where a ball is dropped accidentally by a player and must then be kicked before it hits the ground if not to be ruled a knock on.'"

Spot on...

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

I'm under the impression that a drip kick in the field of play has to be a goal attempt. He clearly didn't go for goal, so he just messed his timing up due to the pressure from Tomkins, so knock on.

Anyone that thinks a player purposely attempts to do a drop-grubber is clutching at straws. From a technical coaching point of view, to attempt to hit the ball on the half volley is a lot harder to control than straight out the boot, so it is a ridiculous practice.

And Tomkins had every right to challenge. He was committed to the tackle. McGuire had the ball in hands when he made the attempt. What was he meant to do? Leave him? He could have dummied.

It was a clear knock on. And if any similar incidents have been given in the past, then they were wrong. Doesn't make this any more right!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3726
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18764_1329753271.gif
Waiting for the 2021 RLWC:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18764.gif

First just a reminder: we have touch judges in RL, not linesmen.

Wigan can thank Sam Tomkins for stopping Maguire's try. He clearly went to try a grubber kick, but Tomkin's grasp at his arm disturbed the play, the ball hit the ground first and threfore is was a knock-on, no try. Anyone who suggests Maguire was attemting a drop kick is clutching at straws. Yes, it may have 'evened out' the forward pass for Richards's try, but two wrongs don't make a right.
First just a reminder: we have touch judges in RL, not linesmen.

Wigan can thank Sam Tomkins for stopping Maguire's try. He clearly went to try a grubber kick, but Tomkin's grasp at his arm disturbed the play, the ball hit the ground first and threfore is was a knock-on, no try. Anyone who suggests Maguire was attemting a drop kick is clutching at straws. Yes, it may have 'evened out' the forward pass for Richards's try, but two wrongs don't make a right.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5816
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2189.gif
"Do you fancy a drink, I know a place called the brink, D'ya wanna go there?" "The only bloke in Harpurhey who wasn't at the Lesser Free Trade Hall, y'all.":2189.gif

Quote: Mr.Side "

Didnt know you guys in Yorkshire made up new rules.. you better ask Clarkey first if the rugby gods will allow them though.'"

I find myself amused at the thought of Steve Fox coming from Yorkshire.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach23178No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Apr 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11426_1682401247.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11426.jpeg

Quote: Saddened! "Looked fine to me. Or it will when I watch it later.'"

Class.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4142No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Leeds fan here.

No try, knock on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9043
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS is my religion, Craven Park is my church and Jordan Abdull is my God:

Quote: rover49 "Keep the one who saw the McGuire incident and sack the other one then. It looked like the pillock we have tomorrow as referee.'"

Hicks was the one who missed the forward pass I believe

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wellsy13 "
Anyone that thinks a player purposely attempts to do a drop-grubber is clutching at straws. From a technical coaching point of view, to attempt to hit the ball on the half volley is a lot harder to control than straight out the boot, so it is a ridiculous practice.
'"

You are kidding ..???

A half-volley kick is called skill...check out Andrew Johns, Terry Lamb, Andy Gregory, Roger Millward etc etc..many great players have had it in their armoury...

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Larry Billey "You are kidding ..???

A half-volley kick is called skill...check out Andrew Johns, Terry Lamb, Andy Gregory, Roger Millward etc etc..many great players have had it in their armoury...'"

Yes it is , and if you get it wrong , as Danny did , it's a knock on

End of argument

IT WAS A KNOCK ON

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9426
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42169_1366443727.jpg
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT" ............................................................................................................................................... Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too" ............................................................................................................................................... "What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013 ...............................................................................................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42169.jpg

Quote: Starbug "Yes it is , and if you get it wrong , as Danny did , it's a knock on

End of argument

IT WAS A KNOCK ON'"

Agreed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Clearly Mcguire was going for the drop goal to make it 26-25. The Rugby Gods got in the way and prevented him from doing it. It should have been a try. Anyone with half a rugby league brain can see it should have been a try.

Seriously though, Leeds got what they deserved after all the cheap shots and McGuire jumping into Richards... Mcguire also ran off pretending he had scored when he knew he hadn't. I would call that cheating.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33622_1304362610.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33622.jpg

Quote: Odemwingie "Clearly Mcguire was going for the drop goal to make it 26-25. The Rugby Gods got in the way and prevented him from doing it. It should have been a try. Anyone with half a rugby league brain can see it should have been a try.

Seriously though, Leeds got what they deserved after all the cheap shots and McGuire jumping into Richards... Mcguire also ran off pretending he had scored when he knew he hadn't. I would call that cheating.'"

I think it would be best if you forgot your log in name and password for a couple of months to save yourself further embarassment.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4142No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Don't bite, he/she is clearly trolling.

Ian
RankPostsTeam
International Star7No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mark_W "Leeds fan here.

No try, knock on.'"

like your style mate, short and sweet and spot on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Quote: LEEDSLEADS. "I think it would be best if you forgot your log in name and password for a couple of months to save yourself further embarassment.'"

Well the first comment was a joke and the second comment was not exactly outrageous. Or is calling someone a cheat outrageous to you? Clearly not, Leeds fans boo Tomkins for apparently being a cheat. I don't see Tomkins jumping into people in the air though, or tripping people up when a try is on the way, or chicken winging, or celebrating a try that was never scored to try and con the ref. I also don't see Tomkins having such shocking defence as McGuire either.... he got boomed for the charnley try.

148 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
148 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.064453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Film game
karetaker
1m