FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Will Toulouses inclusion help the clubs in NL 1 and NL 2
123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Starbug "I Could not care less about getting ' promoted ' to SL , therefore am not scared of anything that Toulouse do or dont do , I posted that some fans of certain clubs will be upset about it and that might impact upon the finances of those clubs'"

so then you have nothing to moan about then do you?

Quote: Starbug " Previously I have posted that it will also adversly effect the ability of NL clubs to draw financial backing '"

but you have also said [iToulouse will not be a ' cancer ' in NL 1 , I have never stated that[/i yet here you are stating that clubs in NL1 will lose income because of Toulouses inclusion,

surely the effects of that would be seen worse in NL2 where there is less money and smaller clubs, and by asking them to take on this burden instead of NL1 clubs, you are showing your true colours a little clearer,

Quote: Starbug "I am not moaning as you put it , I am giving my opinion , that is that the inclusion of Toulouse will not have any tangible benifit to the other clubs in the NL's , there are only negatives to the clubs in NL 1 , '"

well thats confusing considering you have also said [iThe other 7 clubs will be unaffected[/i (the other three clubs being the ones which want SL but wont get it because of Toulouse but by your own admission, at least one of these three is being protected from themselves by keeping them out of SL,)

so wouldnt that mean only two clubs in NL1, could possibly see a negative effect because of Toulouses inclusion, and even then it wouldnt be a negative that effected them in NL1, simply not being promoted to SL

you seem to contradict yourself at every turn

Quote: Starbug " Previously I have posted that it will also adversly effect the ability of NL clubs to draw financial backing '"

Quote: Starbug "
Toulouse will not be a ' cancer ' in NL 1 , I have never stated that
'"

The other 7 clubs will be unaffected '"

added to
Quote: Starbug "3 clubs will possibly suffer from thier inclusion as some of the fans of those 3 clubs will see thier club possibly miss out on a franchise in 2012
'"

but then argue that a club of Leigh size, which is similar to Halifax, would be killed if they ever were to be admitted to SL, thats two of those three clubs protected from themselves by Toulouse being promoted ahead of them,

so all this negativity from you on Toulouses inclusion is based on the fact that in 3 years time, Widnes may or may not be promoted to SL and Toulouse may or may not be promoted ahead of them, or with them,

I is a long time since I posted anything about what the SL clubs have done , or are you insinuing that the SL clubs have made this decision rather than the RFL ?'"

i think all stakeholders will have had an input

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "...'"

Your most insightful post ever

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "so then you have nothing to moan about then do you?

but you have also said [iToulouse will not be a ' cancer ' in NL 1 , I have never stated that[/i yet here you are stating that clubs in NL1 will lose income because of Toulouses inclusion,

surely the effects of that would be seen worse in NL2 where there is less money and smaller clubs, and by asking them to take on this burden instead of NL1 clubs, you are showing your true colours a little clearer,

well thats confusing considering you have also said [iThe other 7 clubs will be unaffected[/i (the other three clubs being the ones which want SL but wont get it because of Toulouse but by your own admission, at least one of these three is being protected from themselves by keeping them out of SL,)

so wouldnt that mean only two clubs in NL1, could possibly see a negative effect because of Toulouses inclusion, and even then it wouldnt be a negative that effected them in NL1, simply not being promoted to SL

added to

but then argue that a club of Leigh size, which is similar to Halifax, would be killed if they ever were to be admitted to SL, thats two of those three clubs protected from themselves by Toulouse being promoted ahead of them,

so all this negativity from you on Toulouses inclusion is based on the fact that in 3 years time, Widnes may or may not be promoted to SL and Toulouse may or may not be promoted ahead of them, or with them,

i think all stakeholders will have had an input'"

An awful lot of editing of complete quotes there

Have you given up on the

NL 1 clubs are very different to NL 2 clubs now icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "so then you have nothing to moan about then do you?

added to

i think all stakeholders will have had an input'"

I notice that you missed the bit about nobody coming up with one tangible benifit , which was after all the point of the original post

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1354No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Jan 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done. All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies. Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.:

Quote: Starbug "So you think that the clubs in NL 1 will be able to pull more sponsorship and get more fans through the turnstiles because of the inclusion of Toulouse

You are in dreamland , it is a no win situation , if Toulouse do well on the pitch the fans will see it as they are being allowed to flout the salary cap and quota rules , if they do badly and potentially end up in a relegation place the fans will question why they have been allowed in NL 1 instead of starting in NL2

And all this is costing the RFL close to a million pounds over the 3 years

And yet every NL club is struggling to survive'"

NL1 clubs should certainly be able to pull in more sponsorship and different sponsors through those sponsors getting exposure in a different market. A tiny sample of the fans (on here) seem negative but NL clubs should be looking at the larger number of latent supporters that could be attracted to games if they were given a reason to attend. If club chairmen simply explain the reasons why Toulouse have been placed into NL1, rather than NL2, their spectators may react more positively. If they whinge about the iniquities of the situation then spectators will take their cue.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Starbug "An awful lot of editing of complete quotes there

Have you given up on the

NL 1 clubs are very different to NL 2 clubs now
well the differences have been listed three times, it seems pointless trying again

and none of those statements were changed by the context, all were definitive statements,

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Starbug "I notice that you missed the bit about nobody coming up with one tangible benifit , which was after all the point of the original post'"

so you cant answer the fact that your opinion is ridiculously contradictory

that on one hand you are arguing there is no negatives to bringing toulouse in, then on the other arguing clubs will lose money on it,

and then to argue that three clubs would be individually disadvantaged by it, because Toulouse may or may not be promoted ahead of them, and then to not only argue that Toulouse will bring no negatives to NL1 even though this is a negative, but also that at least one and probably two of these clubs has been saved from itself by Toulouse being promoted ahead of them

what tangible, specific benefit is there to Leigh being in NL1 that cant be applied to Toulouse, why not drop the to NL2 what would we lose?

you have caught yourself out and come clean here, your argument isnt specific it isnt real, and it is no better than the 'we dont want them forriners in our league, this is a northern sport' you pretend you are better than, your argument is simply Toulouse may be better than us, they may prove over the next 3 years they are better than us, if they do that then in three years time when they are picked ahead of us for a franchise i cant blame it on everything being been bent, but would have to accept they are better than us

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: CS at home "NL1 clubs should certainly be able to pull in more sponsorship and different sponsors through those sponsors getting exposure in a different market. A tiny sample of the fans (on here) seem negative but NL clubs should be looking at the larger number of latent supporters that could be attracted to games if they were given a reason to attend. If club chairmen simply explain the reasons why Toulouse have been placed into NL1, rather than NL2, their spectators may react more positively. If they whinge about the iniquities of the situation then spectators will take their cue.'"

You seriuously think that the local Featherstone/Barrow builders merchants/nightclub will pay more money to them because they are going to play 2 games [ one home ,one away ] against Toulouse

Yes I will admit that playing Toulouse will sound ' sexier ' than playing Leigh/batley but the probable lack of any noticable away support will remove atmosphere from those games , so a balance there

Why exactly have they been placed in NL 1 ? , if the chairmen explain that it is to prepare them for a SL franchise in 2012 I'm sure that will go down well in Leigh/Widnes/Fax and Fev

The posts on here would suggest they will not

No disrespect but you dont seem to be in touch with NL rugby , the way the clubs have to operate or the fans opinions of it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1682No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2010Jul 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[url=http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=438945:15q0zyis][img:15q0zyis]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sig.gif[/img:15q0zyis][/url:15q0zyis]:

Quote: Starbug "So they have had 70 years to make something of themselves and they havent , time somebody else got a chance '"

for the first time in your life you have spoken some sense.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1354No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Jan 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done. All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies. Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.:

No disrespect but you dont seem to be in touch with NL rugby , the way the clubs have to operate '"

You couldn't be further from the mark, although it was a couple of years ago. PM me if you wish

Barrow are sponsored by BAe Systems, other clubs also gain small (relatively speaking) sums from multi-national companies, these can be grown with international competition.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1675No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Over 50 years of pain,pleasure,frustration,joy,heartache and ecstasy that supporting Leigh has given me but I would not swop it.:

The fun will start when in the near future a Scottish,Irish and possibly other Welsh club apply for a Franchise and one or two of the current SL brotherhood gets kicked out.

As a Leigh fan I have settled my mind to probably never playing in SL as do most of my fellow Leythers,so I can assure you my views on Toulouse or any other potential new entrant is not a bitter one.

All we want is an equal playing field which obviously will never be the case.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5870No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24307.jpg
[img:24qn1m99]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/DrGomez/Replacementbanner.jpg?t=1284815933[/img:24qn1m99] On thread drift: [quote="tb":24qn1m99]Tough. Conversations develop. It's their nature.[/quote:24qn1m99] Little Pepe went to nursery school one day wearing his Widnes hat. His teacher asked him why he was a Widnes fan. He said, “Because my parents are.” His teacher said, “That’s not good. What would you do if your parents were drug dealers and hookers?” He replied, “Well then I would be a Warrington fan.” [i:24qn1m99]There's a Wooly over there, baggy kecks and feathered hair with a 3 star jumper half way up his back, that’s a fecking Wooly back![/i:24qn1m99] [b:24qn1m99]Oooh-to… Oooh-to-be… Oooh-to-be-a… WOOLY![/b:24qn1m99]:24307.jpg

The only beneficiary of Toulouse being in the Championship (NL1) will be Toulouse.

The only reason that Toulouse are in the Championship is because it has been promised a guaranteed SL spot for one of its clubs in 2012. This was a gesture, made by the RFL, to placate some of the top NL1 clubs worried that they will have no chance of a spot in 2012 after licensing was introduced. It will now be cynically manipulated to ensure Toulouse get that place.

Toulouse will not bring in any more sponsorship money by their presence in the Championship; the introduction of TV games will have helped that far more, and even that is negligible.

As Toulouse cannot be relegated, it may have a detrimental effect on some clubs who may have survived in the Championship had Toulouse not been there.

As Toulouse, barring some financial disaster will be awarded a licence, then several of the top NL1 clubs may suffer. Unless SL expands to 15 clubs, or two clubs are removed from SL, I can see little chance of any heartland clubs being awarded a licence, which will be a direct result of Toulouse’s inclusion.

I doubt that the RFL will include another French club in the English lower leagues again. It will cost too much. If the RFL had not guaranteed a licence place for an NL1club in 2012, then Toulouse would have simply been offered the same deal as Les Catalans, for entry into SL. This is what will happen if the RFL wish to introduce any more French clubs in to SL imo, as there is no longer any need to placate lower league clubs with an offer of a guaranteed licence for one of it’s clubs.

To be honest Toulouse look like a decent club on the face of it, with a certain amount of potential. Their licence bid looked quite good, with access to some excellent facilities, a league to draw players from and a major city of around a million people to draw from as well as a long history in the game. They look streets ahead of Celtic, who have absolutely none of this.

It will be a nice weekend for away fans, well the fans that can afford to travel there, but Toulouse will only have a neutral effect, at best, on the Championship. It looks good for them though.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1448No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2010Dec 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think it certainly adds a novety to the Championship. I will go to a few of their games in England next season if it dosen't clash with my own team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Can I ask what harm it does that Toulouse are in the Championship?

Then we can look at some people's agendas on here...

123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.8447265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
21m
Best Semi
Fourpointtry
24m
Rumours thread
Kettykat
25m
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
28m
Film game
Boss Hog
43m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
Recent
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
Recent
Season 2024
tomtom84
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Call for funds
Tony Fax
1m
Best Semi
Fourpointtry
1m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Whitehaven Away
the fax in a
1m
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
2m
Film game
Boss Hog
2m
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
2m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Fourpointtry
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,008 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22