Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: LoyalFan "I've followed Salford for over 30 years. I live local to the stadium (Cadishead/Irlam) and travel to the games by bus with my family.

Irlam and Cadishead have a population of 20,000+ and the Irlam area is literally a mile and a half from the stadium. The end of Cadishead is a further 4 miles from this point... Basically... From the AJ Bell to the end of this catchment area is 5.5 miles.

Other than those who watch regular, ask anybody in this area when there is a home game on and nobody will be able to tell you. Point being... the marketing is dreadful.

Add to that... the fact that it's a pain to get to. After the game, towards this area, you are lucky to get one bus every 30 mins. Last Fridays game... I arrived home after 11pm and I live 4 miles from the stadium. This fact alone would put me off if I didn't feel that I had to go.

I don't blame anybody for not wanting to make the effort.... because quite frankly... it's an effort even for people like me who've watched for so long.

So how does a club like Salford, in a poor location... attract supporters ? Big signings ? Like who ?

The game is in such a slump as far as I can see... that if Salford went out and signed Thurston... most the area would still have no idea who he is.'"

Added to the fact that Salford as a city is such a disparate place from which to build a community team it's a collection of boroughs that differ widely as far as demographics and general outlook are concerned. Yes it's a big place with a big population when viewed simplistically but it's complex Irlam and Cadishead were in Lancs not Salford pre 1974 and there was a smattering of support for Warrington at that time. Swinton were obviously also a draw in their own right and of course there is Association Football.

This doesn't let the club off the hook completely as an exiled Wire living there you wouldn't really know that there was a game going on at the AJ Bell they need to get out and about more IMO

RankPostsTeam
Moderator9159
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27287_1532947987.png
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND. IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT. SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27287.png

Do you guys have any kind of fan forum set up as a liaison between supporters and the club?

RankPostsTeam
International Star252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LoyalFan "I've followed Salford for over 30 years. I live local to the stadium (Cadishead/Irlam) and travel to the games by bus with my family.

Irlam and Cadishead have a population of 20,000+ and the Irlam area is literally a mile and a half from the stadium. The end of Cadishead is a further 4 miles from this point... Basically... From the AJ Bell to the end of this catchment area is 5.5 miles.

Other than those who watch regular, ask anybody in this area when there is a home game on and nobody will be able to tell you. Point being... the marketing is dreadful.

Add to that... the fact that it's a pain to get to. After the game, towards this area, you are lucky to get one bus every 30 mins. Last Fridays game... I arrived home after 11pm and I live 4 miles from the stadium. This fact alone would put me off if I didn't feel that I had to go.

I don't blame anybody for not wanting to make the effort.... because quite frankly... it's an effort even for people like me who've watched for so long.

So how does a club like Salford, in a poor location... attract supporters ? Big signings ? Like who ?

The game is in such a slump as far as I can see... that if Salford went out and signed Thurston... most the area would still have no idea who he is.'"

This has been the AJ Bell downfall from the start and can be laid firmly at the feet of Salford Council planning.

As will all modern planning they insist on small provision for cars to encourage more use of public transport. The only public transport to the stadium is bus, which at peak is 4 an hour, no one has ever explained to me how they thought 4 buses an hour could transport 12,000 people to and from a stadium. As loyal fan mentions above, it is even worse on exit, when 3-6k fans are supposed to get home by a bus every 20 mins! ( And no, First do not run any extra busses on match days)

Add onto that the unjoined transport system in Manchester, it takes hours to get anywhere. In fact for an evening game you would struggle to get home anywhere beyond the city centre ( even if you did get on a bus at the stadium).

The new canal crossing is now more than 2 years late ( and now further delayed), a tram to the Trafford Centre is 4 years away and even if you able to drive you will spend hours in Fri evening traffic in the never ending roadworks in the area ( being ongoing for 3 years with another 2 to go) non of which is in the hands of Dr K, but those are the reasons Sale moved from a Friday night match, and does not encourage people at a loose end to go see a match. It takes major strategic planning and hence mostly only dedicated fans bother.

I hope that MK realises all this and hence knows marketing to a wider Gtr Manchester audience could be both a waste of money and result in a negative experience. The new bridge was due to open this month ( before it collapsed) but when it eventually does it makes the Trafford Centre ( which is well served by busses from around the region) a 15/20 min walk, or an easy option to run shuttle busses too and opens all sorts of things to make a day out. Hopefully by then he will have got a professional advertising agency on board and go for it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Awful setup. Awful stadium to get to. Poor transport links. Roads always congested- and worse on a Friday night so the switch to that time from sunday seems ludicrous to me. Parking is a long walk away -many park at the airstrip which is difficult for some and involves crossing a busy road- doing that late at night isn't pleasant - (which is crazy given the amount of undeveloped land in the area around the ground).
Add to that the ridiculous system to get in where you can't pay at the turnstiles but have to queue up at the ticket office to get a ticket (a slow process) - they don't open all the booths. You then may have to walk half way around the stadium to queue up again to hand in the ticket you bought at the ticket office 15 minutes previously. It's no wonder people don't bother.

RankPostsTeam
International Star252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jools "Awful setup. Awful stadium to get to. Poor transport links. Roads always congested- and worse on a Friday night so the switch to that time from sunday seems ludicrous to me. Parking is a long walk away -many park at the airstrip which is difficult for some and involves crossing a busy road- doing that late at night isn't pleasant - (which is crazy given the amount of undeveloped land in the area around the ground).
Add to that the ridiculous system to get in where you can't pay at the turnstiles but have to queue up at the ticket office to get a ticket (a slow process) - they don't open all the booths. You then may have to walk half way around the stadium to queue up again to hand in the ticket you bought at the ticket office 15 minutes previously. It's no wonder people don't bother.'"

The people crossing the dual carriage way ( opposite the airport) are simply lazy idiots trying to get killed. 100 meters further is a pedestrian crossing. You really can't do much with stupid.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Went to Salford when they moved in to the new ground.

Because of the reasons jools states, haven't been back since.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70807_1599340376.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70807.jpg

Listen, if you drive & park up either a) on Brookhouse/ $#!T#0U$€ Estate or even on the other side of the M60 roundabout, then the AJ Bell is only 10 minutes walk for able bodied people, 15 for lardy fat knackers.

Obviously this is not suitable for disabled people who need to be very close to the Stadium.

Compare to Old Trafford or the Etihad Council House where it can take an hour to get off the car park *nearly 2 hours at City after a big concert* & the travel to/from Salford looks a little easier, not easy but easier.

The biggest issue is that it is almost not in Salford & on the edge of civilisation.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5573
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15409_1344596949.jpg
[color=#FF0000:cacsr76n]Born in Hope, live in hope - Salford RLFC.[/color:cacsr76n]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15409.jpg

The stadium is the major reason, Iestyn Harris' article was spot on the other day.

As a fan who lives 10 minutes from The Willows as many other of my many match going friends did this place is quite simply garbage, the location is the problem. Also season upon season of disappointment and meaningless games such as Friday's (I know in terms of the table it isn't but to a potential attendee it is) It just seems to be the same old story come June where our season is over and thus attendances drop.

As a life long Salford fan I know it will never take off in this city, peoples apathy towards it is to much, we had our easiest chance to capitalize on the back of our 2006 season but typically the following year we were relegated.

I honestly believe if we did get relegated again it would be the end of the club as we know it.

I think the sport in general (in the U.K) is having a bad year, doesn't give me the same buzz and I know many others who have followed it for years have said the same.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70807_1599340376.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70807.jpg

Quote: Solly "The stadium is the major reason, Iestyn Harris' article was spot on the other day.

I honestly believe if we did get relegated again it would be the end of the club as we know it.
'"

Please tell me if you think this is [ijust bonkers[/i, *I am not poking fun at Salford, as a Mancunian I would love Salford, Swinton, Oldham & of course Leigh to be thriving*.

What is the value in quitting the Stadium, both to MarwanK & Salford fans ?
Is this even possible ? (Maybe they have a 25 year contract/tenancy for example).

What is to stop MarwanK & Salford teaming up with Swinton for a purpose built Stadium somewhere beneficial to both Clubs ?
There is an awful lot of brownfield land in Salford, Swinton is in Salford & MarwanK could own the Stadium putting it to use as he sees fit.

For example, MarwanK charges a tenancy fee to Swinton Lions, he puts his own caterers in selling his own food & alcohol/beverage stock. MarwanK then can promote his own Stadia for something like *Oh, I don't know, an Elton John gig or England v France etc*.
Continuing on MarwanK & his team rent out space for business, congress rooms, events etc & creates his own Events Management Co.

Now I am [iNo Businessman[/i, however he is & supposedly a successful one at that & reportedly with tens of £M at his disposal. Could he do it ? Would he want to ? Do I need to go see a Doctor ?

Sure, fans of opposing sporting clubs don't like the idea of sharing, yet if it helps you grow, become successful & ensure the secure future you desire then is the idea so abhorrent?

Worth thinking about IMHO but as I said earlier, could be a non starter.

Genuinely interested to hear the thoughts of Salford fans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5573
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15409_1344596949.jpg
[color=#FF0000:cacsr76n]Born in Hope, live in hope - Salford RLFC.[/color:cacsr76n]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15409.jpg

Not possible, the previous owners of our club basically left us with a white elephant and we're stuck with it. After all the money Salford City Council have given to the stadium there is no way we are leaving.

In an ideal world it would be a great idea for MK to build a stadium in the heart of Salford and share with Swinton but I know of no real sites where it could be built aside from the Agecroft site where Swinton are looking to move to and I don't even know how that would work if were averaging even say 3,000 as the access is just as bad, the best place at the time would of been on the site of the old Ladywell Hospital which is now West One retail park (which has proven to be a waste of time) but it was too late, that would of been perfect.

We are stuck with the AJ Bell and that's that, it makes me laugh that clubs like Wakefield and Cas (no disrespect) are still playing at their old grounds but we had to leave The Willows which tbh wasn't as bad as Wheldon Road and Belle Vue, a real shame as Marwan has said if he was in charge then he would of redeveloped the old place.

Especially with the area Weaste, being redeveloped with a lot of new housing the problems we faced outside the stadium would of been a lot better and potentially a whole new market to aim at.

A real shame, I love to think where we'd of been with a redeveloped Willows.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Is a new road to the stadium still been built? Is it expected to improve things? Sounds like the stadium was built without a thought to transport, poor from everybody involved.

RankPostsTeam
International Star252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think there can be a degree of unreasonable expectation from fans of many sports.

The reality is that unless you all ready have a stadium in a prime location few sports can afford to build anything close to a city centre. Brown field sites in places like Salford are selling for millions and possibly come with a large clean up bill on top.

The infrastructure around the AJ Bell was designed by someone on work experience and while it may be sorted in the next 5 years the damage has been done. As I commented earlier, the fact that first bus don't even attempt to put on extra busses on a match day is pathetic.

When they eventually finish the new road and bridge it may help but I guess even that is now another year off. ( I am no structural engineer but they appear to be drilling the bridge supports to check for structural damage and as yet haven't even started to remove the collapsed road way)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35006.jpg

My last visit to the Willows was in 2011, when Swinton played their home games there. I went by car, arriving at the stadium without thinking about where I was going to park. I asked a steward outside the ground where would be a good place to park. "Over there" was his response, pointing to "official" parking at the ground. "How much" was my query. "Just go and park, no charge" was his response.

I also remember my first visit to St Helens at Knowsley Road. I got a little lost getting there, and parked up on a side street, got out to try and find where I was... and discovered that I was only yards from a turnstile into the ground.

Good times... with good crowds.

5270 for the Bulls/Fax game today btw.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: Kiyan "I think there can be a degree of unreasonable expectation from fans of many sports.

The reality is that unless you all ready have a stadium in a prime location few sports can afford to build anything close to a city centre. Brown field sites in places like Salford are selling for millions and possibly come with a large clean up bill on top.

The infrastructure around the AJ Bell was designed by someone on work experience and while it may be sorted in the next 5 years the damage has been done. As I commented earlier, the fact that first bus don't even attempt to put on extra busses on a match day is pathetic.

When they eventually finish the new road and bridge it may help but I guess even that is now another year off. ( I am no structural engineer but they appear to be drilling the bridge supports to check for structural damage and as yet haven't even started to remove the collapsed road way)'"

I agree with this. We often do expect too much, especially given the generally low crowds (for a pro sports club to own & run a stadium) and the very low incomes we have in the sport. However we, as usual, often shoot ourselves in the foot. We need to start working together far more, clubs need to start sharing resources (and so share costs) including in some areas to share stadiums.
As you say I wouldn't expect a new stadium in the middle of a city centre anymore as its too expensive. However I do expect, given the luxury of a space and time to build one, that access and parking is good at new stadiums (it shouldn't take 2 hours to get out of a car park at a small stadium that's only half full) and little things like making fans go to the ticket office to buy a ticket to go back to the turnstiles is daft and annoying to fans. We shouldn't be putting barriers and inconveniences in the way of fans/customers/anyone spending money at our clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain112
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Wolves FC/Wigan RL:

Another big one tonight...

London would have been pilloried for crowds like this a few years back.

72 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
72 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.5439453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
6m
Tonights match v HKR
WireWireWire
26m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
31m
New 4-year deal for Marshall
NickyKiss
34m
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
Chesterrhino
45m
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
ArthurClues
49m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
tad rhino
49m
York at home
phe13
50m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
57m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
bonaire
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
New Players
Deadcowboys1
35s
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
39s
Deadline day signings
Bully_Boxer
48s
NickyKiss
53s
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
Chesterrhino
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
batleyrhino
1m
Oh when the Saints
bonaire
1m
cats
the-bearded-
1m
Squad 2024
faxcar
2m
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
ArthurClues
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
York at home
phe13
TODAY
cats
the-bearded-
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
WireWireWire
TODAY
NickyKiss
TODAY
Keelan Foster
AdamH
TODAY
Jose Kenga
Wanderer
TODAY
Deadline day signings
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
kaybenbull
TODAY
Panthers v Knights
terry silver
TODAY
Barrow A
Maccbull_Big
TODAY
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
TODAY
5 countries tender bids to host the 2030 RLWC
Huddersfield
TODAY
Jack Welsby out for 8 weeks with injury
Huddersfield
TODAY
Dewsbury away
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Josh Jones
The Avenger
TODAY
Todays chairmans address
terry silver
TODAY
Mid Season fans forum
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Winslade's O
TODAY
Josh Jones
CarlB
TODAY
Lannon
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information 3/8/24
YosemiteSam
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse Saturday 10/8/24
Jemmo
TODAY
Sheffield v Dons Sunday 4/8/24 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity songs
JINJER
TODAY
Jeylon Hodgson
AdamH
TODAY
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
doc999
TODAY
Jarrod Sammut
dddooommm
TODAY
ONeil out long term
NickyKiss
TODAY
Burgess signs extension till 26
wire2004
TODAY
Lewis Baxter
Jemmo
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M +13,524 ↓-1980,09114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
 FT
Hover 
NZ Warriors
20-30
Parramatta
 FT
Hover 
Dolphins
34-40
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R20

20:00
Warrington
4-16
Hull KR
Lewis Try, Litten Goal
 TOMORROW
06:00
Gold Coast
v
Brisbane
08:30
Melbourne
v
St.George
10:35
Cronulla
v
Souths
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
LeedsW
15:00
Hull FC
v
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R20
Swinton
v
Toulouse
17:30
Salford
v
Leeds
 Sun 4th Aug
05:00
Penrith
v
Newcastle
07:05
Canterbury
v
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
12:00
BarrowW
v
St.HelensW
Wire W
v
York V
WiganW
v
Hudds W
LondonB
v
Catalans
       League One 2024-R18
Keighley
v
Newcastle
Oldham
v
Midlands
Rochdale
v
Cornwall
Workington
v
Crusaders
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 2nd Aug
SL
Warrington4-16Hull KR
Sat 3rd Aug
SL
Hull FC-St.Helens
SL
17:30
Salford-Leeds
Sun 4th Aug
SL
LondonB-Catalans
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Fri 2nd Aug
SL
LIVE
Warrington4-16Hull KR
NRL
LIVE
NZ Warriors20-30Parramatta
NRL
LIVE
Dolphins34-40Sydney
Thu 1st Aug
SL 20 Castleford10-20Leigh
SL 20 Wigan26-14Huddersfield
NRL 22 Wests30-48NQL Cowboys
Sun 28th Jul
NRL 21 St.George10-46Penrith
NRL 21 Dolphins14-21Gold Coast
NRL 21 Canberra32-12Souths
CH 19 Batley16-22Halifax
CH 19 Doncaster37-30Barrow
CH 19 Sheffield78-24Whitehaven
CH 19 Wakefield46-18Featherstone
CH 19 Widnes25-6Bradford
CH 19 York34-4Swinton
L1 17 Newcastle34-44Cornwall
L1 17 Hunslet24-32Workington
L1 17 Keighley36-12Midlands
L1 17 Rochdale10-14Oldham
Sat 27th Jul
SL 19 Salford30-22Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 497 259 238 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 261 241 28
Catalans 19 366 274 92 24
Salford 19 355 366 -11 24
St.Helens 19 455 256 199 22

Leeds 19 355 342 13 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 19 268 566 -298 6
LondonB 19 198 725 -527 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 17 584 206 378 32
Sheffield 17 488 283 205 24
Toulouse 16 468 220 248 23
Widnes 17 410 307 103 21
Bradford 17 397 297 100 21
Doncaster 17 318 410 -92 17

York 18 428 345 83 16
Featherstone 17 440 359 81 16
Batley 17 284 366 -82 16
Swinton 17 342 422 -80 12