FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > The Key to Success is...
263 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
International Star6904
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73643_1666630451.jpeg
[img:v6cgff03]http://s26.postimg.org/9xie34xyh/leigh1.png[/img:v6cgff03]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73643.jpeg

Quote: Donnyman "Please would you consider that the way this works is SKY show various sports on their English SKY TV channels and this attracts English PAYING subscribers to those channels, thus creating an additional income stream to add to the English companies PAYING to advertise English products? I pay my subs and I consider buying and do buy (some of) the products and services advertised. So the whole business plan and economics of it is SKY getting in advertising revenue from England and subscriptions from England.

So I pay £30 a month or whatever, and fancy a go at some of the beers that are on the adverts. I also like to watch English clubs. Maybe that's just me but a recent survey in Hull showed 80% of fans having no interest in phoney North American clubs. What they want from SKY is Hull.v.HKR and not Hull.v.Toronto and no HKR????? So you are totally wrong with respect and as far as I can work out. SKY care about English fans paying them subs and English advertisers getting English RL fans buying their English goods and services. You have to think about the income SKY would get from say 10 English clubs in Superleague against say 5 English SL clubs plus TWP, Ottawa, New York, Catalans and Toulouse in Superleague?.

I agree about "ratings" but if you chuck Cas, Wakey, Salford, Fartown and HKR out, and send their players abroad to dress up as French and North american players that's a hell of a lot of SKY subs lost and TV dishes ripped of the wall and weighed in at the scrapyard by angry fans vowing they are finished with Rugby league. You have fallen for the constant mantra that TWP are not only glamorous but attractive the world over. They have hoodwinked you my good man. Why not go to the next Hull Derby and discuss one of the Hull clubs standing down for TWP with the fans??.

Take a bodyguard with you.'"

Subscriptions is all SKY want. Super League the product is now in the hands of SL. The game itself is still in the pocket of the heartlands.

I see SL not closing the door,but I see the lower tiers closing it. Not sure how the SL will survive or all the expansion clubs.

There needs to be change in what form of structure would again be placed to criteria.

Who meets the grade? Who doesn’t?

The key to success is knowing the boundaries... Along with investment. Taking a tax free sum and still no development isn’t an answer.

Although it’s still an answer for the majority of clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "Please would you consider that the way this works is SKY show various sports on their English SKY TV channels and this attracts English PAYING subscribers to those channels, thus creating an additional income stream to add to the English companies PAYING to advertise English products? I pay my subs and I consider buying and do buy (some of) the products and services advertised. So the whole business plan and economics of it is SKY getting in advertising revenue from England and subscriptions from England.

So I pay £30 a month or whatever, and fancy a go at some of the beers that are on the adverts. I also like to watch English clubs. Maybe that's just me but a recent survey in Hull showed 80% of fans having no interest in phoney North American clubs. What they want from SKY is Hull.v.HKR and not Hull.v.Toronto and no HKR????? So you are totally wrong with respect and as far as I can work out. SKY care about English fans paying them subs and English advertisers getting English RL fans buying their English goods and services. You have to think about the income SKY would get from say 10 English clubs in Superleague against say 5 English SL clubs plus TWP, Ottawa, New York, Catalans and Toulouse in Superleague?.

I agree about "ratings" but if you chuck Cas, Wakey, Salford, Fartown and HKR out, and send their players abroad to dress up as French and North american players that's a hell of a lot of SKY subs lost and TV dishes ripped of the wall and weighed in at the scrapyard by angry fans vowing they are finished with Rugby league. You have fallen for the constant mantra that TWP are not only glamorous but attractive the world over. They have hoodwinked you my good man. Why not go to the next Hull Derby and discuss one of the Hull clubs standing down for TWP with the fans??.

Hard to argue Donnyman

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3122.jpg
:3122.jpg

You keep making this point but surely you can comprehend that some people in this country (especially the casual or 'not yet converted' fans that the sport needs) will be attracted to watching a game by the novelty of an international club or a big name player (why else are Toronto's viewing figures quite good?)? They might then like what they see and watch some further games.

Also, Sky shows a lot of international sport; NFL for example which dominates the Sunday evening schedule and has plenty of advertising between plays, so it obviously isnt a necessity to feature English clubs. The quality of the product, and ultimately the viewing figures, are more important. It seems common sense to me that most Sky subscribers don't sign up for one programme or sport in particular but for the package as a whole and Sky will pick and chose what it adds or drops based on the value of individual programmes or sports.

You said previously that you don't work with opinions but it seems to be very much your opinion that people will end their Sky subscriptions en mass if an English team loses out to an expansion team - I'm sure a few will but to say enough will to dent Sky's bottom line is pure opinion.

You do make some decent points but you also present them in a very miopic/unbalaced way and ignore/avoid some interesing counterpoints like those made by BrameyRhino.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: atomic "Subscriptions is all SKY want. '"

Indeed and they don't get them from France and they don't get them from North America so SL cannot have any less than nine English clubs in Superleague.

So how can we have a Transatlantic league let alone an Anglo-french one without ditching SKY?.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: notorious "

You keep making this point but surely you can comprehend that some people in this country (especially the casual or 'not yet converted' fans that the sport needs) will be attracted to watching a game by the novelty of an international club or a big name player (why else are Toronto's viewing figures quite good?)? They might then like what they see and watch some further games.

You do make some decent points but you also present them in a very miopic/unbalaced way and ignore/avoid some interesing counterpoints like those made by BrameyRhino.

'"

Yes I can see that some people in this country may be excited by an overseas club or a marquee player in such a club. This may mean they buy a SKY subscription. If that club takes Hull K.R's place can you see how HKR subscribers may cancel - especially if they are dumped for a guest club. You need to decide how you think the numbers would go on this? Nett loss or Nett gain in SKY subs??

As for Bramley Rhino you need to decide if you see him as a more accomplished marketing man than Gary Hetherington. He thinks he is and with respect I think he isn't? Over to you sir!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3122.jpg

Quote: Donnyman "Indeed and they don't get them from France and they don't get them from North America so SL cannot have any less than nine English clubs in Superleague.

So how can we have a Transatlantic league let alone an Anglo-french one without ditching SKY?.'"

Why does there need to be nine English clubs? As I said they have NFL on their schedule that features zero English teams and still generates interest in this country. I don't think you've fully explained how SL becoming international will impact subscriptions beyond threats from some current rugby league fans to ditch them (many of whom will likely change their minds when faced with the choice).

Sky will look at this with no sentimentality - it will be a decision made on spreadsheets. Viewing figures and advertising revenue. If Toronto pull in decent viewers and they sell all their advertising spots they won't care about the likes of Hull KR and Wakefield even though us fans will.

You could yet be proved right and nobody will watch them but you should at least consider the alternative point of view.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3122.jpg

Quote: Donnyman "Yes I can see that some people in this country may be excited by an overseas club or a marquee player in such a club. This may mean they buy a SKY subscription. If that club takes Hull K.R's place can you see how HKR subscribers may cancel - especially if they are dumped for a guest club. You need to decide how you think the numbers would go on this? Nett loss or Nett gain in SKY subs??

As for Bramley Rhino you need to decide if you see him as a more accomplished marketing man than Gary Hetherington. He thinks he is and with respect I think he isn't? Over to you sir!
.'"

Our posts crossed - fair enough, at least you have considered the alternative viewpoint in your first paragraph. As i've said before, i'm on the fence. The evidence on viewing figures so far seems promising but that was in the Championship with a regular kickoff time and almost weekly slot so i'm keen to see what happens now they slot into the Superleague schedule.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why does there need to be nine English clubs? You could yet be proved right and nobody will watch them but you should at least consider the alternative point of view.

'"

Because SKY themselves require this as part of the contract, they require nine English clubs on the basis that English content attracts the most subs. They will allow other content though.

As far as Superleague go they wanted to drop to 10 clubs ipso facto there is room for one overseas club if SL wants such a club.

I'm not considering any "point of view" I am pointing out that the SL bosses said SKY want nine English SL clubs and SL want a ten club Superleague.

McManus, Pearson and Lenegan's comments. Simple as.

Yes that 10th. club could be Toronto trouble is Perez himself said NA rugby league will not grow if there is only one NA club in Superleague

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

1.Why does there need to be nine English clubs?

2.You could yet be proved right and nobody will watch them but you should at least consider the alternative point of view.

'"

1. Because SKY themselves require this as part of the contract, they require nine English clubs on the basis that English content attracts the most subs. They will allow other content though.
As far as Superleague go they want to drop to 10 clubs ipso facto there is room for one overseas club if SL wants such a club.

2. I'm not suggesting these things and consequently awaiting to see if I am right.... I'm not considering any "point of view"........ I am pointing out the facts of the matter which are the SL bosses said SKY want nine English SL clubs and SL want a ten club Superleague.

These are McManus, Pearson and Lenegan's comments. Simple as. They run the game, so what they say matters far more than any opinion. To finish this off yes that 10th. club could be Toronto...... trouble is Perez himself said NA rugby league will not grow if there is only one NA club in Superleague - he said there needed to be 5-6 NA clubs in Superleague to at least get a TV contract.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3122.jpg

Quote: Donnyman "1. Because SKY themselves require this as part of the contract, they require nine English clubs on the basis that English content attracts the most subs. They will allow other content though.
As far as Superleague go they want to drop to 10 clubs ipso facto there is room for one overseas club if SL wants such a club.

2. I'm not suggesting these things and consequently awaiting to see if I am right.... I'm not considering any "point of view"........ I am pointing out the facts of the matter which are the SL bosses said SKY want nine English SL clubs and SL want a ten club Superleague.

These are McManus, Pearson and Lenegan's comments. Simple as. They run the game, so what they say matters far more than any opinion. To finish this off yes that 10th. club could be Toronto...... trouble is Perez himself said NA rugby league will not grow if there is only one NA club in Superleague - he said there needed to be 5-6 NA clubs in Superleague to at least get a TV contract.'"

I thought the overseas club quota commitment came from Elstone not Sky? And was in anticipation of our negotiations for the next TV deal. Nice of him to undermine our negotiating position in advance. This is what annoys me about the offcial approach to expansion - there is one foot in and one foot out. Either they have faith in the approach or they drop it. This 'on the fence' strategy is set up to fail.

On your second point - the clubs, especially the big ones, will always want a bigger piece of the pie and they obviously foresee a smaller TV deal and less money. That doesn't guarantee we go down to 10 teams though as a new TV deal may be reliant on a minimum number of games/teams. If they follow the Toronto model we could end up with 9 current teams taking central funding and 3 expansion teams funding themselves as one example. Championship funding could also be cut as another. Many questions to answer and absolute no guarantee we go down to 10 teams.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6809
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18302_1567366773.png
[b:1crbsr9w] Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021! Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022! [/b:1crbsr9w]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18302.png

Quote: Donnyman "Indeed and they don't get them from France and they don't get them from North America so SL cannot have any less than nine English clubs in Superleague.

So how can we have a Transatlantic league let alone an Anglo-french one without ditching SKY?.'"

Easy.

Nine English teamsWigan
St Helens
Warrington
Leeds
Bradford
Hull FC
Hull KR
Huddersfield
Castleford
[/i
Five non-English teamsCatalans
Toulouse
Toronto
New York
Ottawa[/i

Total 14 Super League clubs.

Depending on the success of the 14 team international roster, there could be six possible future additions to make a 20 team Super League later in the decade, comprising 10 English clubs, 4 French clubs, 3 US clubs, 2 Canadian clubs, and one Serbian clubLondon
Boston
Philadelphia
Paris
Avignon
Belgrade[/i

Mindful of the fact that there are not sufficient British players for a 20 team Super League, there would have to be player development starting with enhanced junior development structures, in France, Canada, the USA and Serbia. Other Super League players could be recruited from the NRL.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: notorious "Why does there need to be nine English clubs? As I said they have NFL on their schedule that features zero English teams and still generates interest in this country. I don't think you've fully explained how SL becoming international will impact subscriptions beyond threats from some current rugby league fans to ditch them (many of whom will likely change their minds when faced with the choice).

Sky will look at this with no sentimentality - it will be a decision made on spreadsheets. Viewing figures and advertising revenue. If Toronto pull in decent viewers and they sell all their advertising spots they won't care about the likes of Hull KR and Wakefield even though us fans will.

You could yet be proved right and nobody will watch them but you should at least consider the alternative point of view.'"

SKY show the NFL because they get the coverage from NBC and ESPN. They do not send film and production crews to the USA every week.

SKY will not even send film and production crews to France to cover Catalan, a member of SL for 14 years now. They were happy to get free coverage from Toronto to show their matches but will not be sending any film or production crew to the Lamport this season.

Why on earth then would they even consider jetting crews and equipment around the world televising Ottawa, New York, Belgrade or Valencia. The only way coverage would happen would be if they were getting it for free. This free coverage of course will never happen. Even Toronto, who can apparently afford, for some reason, to pay one player over £50000 per week to play Rugby League have had to cease the professional filming of their own games to be able to pass onto SKY. The broadcaster is hardly likely to be interested in some smartphone shots done by the "CEOs" of New York or Valencia.

The whole direction this could go is akin to the game committing wilful suicide. Sky will NOT be interested in only showing half the teams half of the time and will certainly not pay £200M for the privilege of been able to show only half a dozen British clubs.

The SL chairmen are hopefully savvy enough to realise this is a very, very important time for the game, new TV deal and all, and they will likely put an end to a lot of this nonsense in the near future. In fact it will take care of itself in most instances as most of these new "projects" are about as robust as a chocolate fireguard and have no chance of ever getting within a mile of SL. The RFL however really need to take stock of what they are actually about.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3122.jpg

Quote: Steven Toast "The SL chairmen are hopefully savvy enough to realise this is a very, very important time for the game, new TV deal and all, and they will likely put an end to a lot of this nonsense in the near future. In fact it will take care of itself in most instances as most of these new "projects" are about as robust as a chocolate fireguard and have no chance of ever getting within a mile of SL. The RFL however really need to take stock of what they are actually about.'"

Moving on slightly, because while I take your point we could go round in circles for a while, this last point interests me. Do you not think it’s a major issue that they haven’t really settled on a position yet? They might not be as savvy as you give them credit for and they/the RFL should really have taken stock a long time ago. Like I said before it seems to be one foot in and one foot out on expansion and that is going to lead to a shocking negotiating position. From the sounds of it Elstone seems only to be interested in a deal with Sky which limits our negotiating position further.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: notorious "Moving on slightly, because while I take your point we could go round in circles for a while, this last point interests me. Do you not think it’s a major issue that they haven’t really settled on a position yet? They might not be as savvy as you give them credit for and they/the RFL should really have taken stock a long time ago. Like I said before it seems to be one foot in and one foot out on expansion and that is going to lead to a shocking negotiating position. From the sounds of it Elstone seems only to be interested in a deal with Sky which limits our negotiating position further.'"

SL/RFL are two wildly differing things now despite Mr Lenagan's latest hint at the cooperation of Simon Johnson.

Elstone is interested in whatever the SL chairmen tell him to be interested in and that is SL only. I think they would be over the moon with getting exactly the same price they got last time as long as it is divided between them only.

I don't see the expansion issue arising in SL/SKY negotiations, aside the Elephant in the room that is Toronto (who might well only be a short term irritant to the SL chairmen anyway). I think SKY and SL will both be on the same page on that (non) issue.

The RFL however seem to have the own agenda and are happy to entertain anyone who ventures even the wildest of ideas. I am not sure there is any long term plan for it all and much will fizzle out but some sort of statement of direction and plan for the future of the game outside SL cannot hurt. They really need to be looking after the needs of the existing members and the potential of such as Newcastle and York as SL will cut them adrift given the opportunity or need.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I thought the overseas club quota commitment came from Elstone not Sky? And was in anticipation of our negotiations for the next TV deal. Nice of him to undermine our negotiating position in advance. This is what annoys me about the offcial approach to expansion - there is one foot in and one foot out. Either they have faith in the approach or they drop it. This 'on the fence' strategy is set up to fail. On your second point - the clubs, especially the big ones, will always want a bigger piece of the pie and they obviously foresee a smaller TV deal and less money. That doesn't guarantee we go down to 10 teams though as a new TV deal may be reliant on a minimum number of games/teams. If they follow the Toronto model we could end up with 9 current teams taking central funding and 3 expansion teams funding themselves as one example. Championship funding could also be cut as another. Many questions to answer and absolute no guarantee we go down to 10 teams.

'"

It may well have been Elstone, but the fact seems to be in a 12 club set up 9 must be English clubs to satisfy SKY's English subscribers. I can understand this as SKY perhaps should not block the games ambitions to expand, had TWP gone up last year, and Toulouse gone up this year we would have such a set up.

But the key word is "expand" and the definition of this whether as it was as defined to Catalans in 2006, Toulouse 2015 or Toronto 2016 was that Superleague does not want an expansion of the number of miles it takes to get to games, and they don't care what crowds "expansion" clubs get because few away fans will come here anyway.

For all three expansion clubs the expansion required was defined as more TV money from French and North American broadcasters and more quality players, and for Catalans that meant players good enough to stock the French International side - we must remember that. We must also remember for Toronto the game did not want to wait 40 years whilst TWP developed a "grass roots" they wanted players NOW and were promised grid iron conversions.

So when SL review the new SKY deal at whatever level it may be - maybe between £120-150M for a 5 year deal, then they will have to revue the inclusion of overseas sides to create expansion. You know as well as I do that review will expose Catalans, Toronto and Toulouse as total failures to expand the SL player base or the SL TV money.

I never ever said there would be a total guarantee SL would drop to ten. But given...

a. Expansion has been a complete 100% failure on the targets the game here set for the expansion clubs
b. There will be less money to share amongst the English clubs
c. SL have already tried to drop to 10 but lost the vote a year ago - but can revisit that and win it at the TV negotiations
d. We don't have 12 English clubs with solid backing from benevolent benefactors

.....Then clearly the odds for a 12 club Superleague are around 100-1 against and for a 10 club superleague odds on, that's of course "absolutely no guarantee" but very very likely for good reasons. I see no reason for the clubs to continue with failed expansion clubs nor put clubs in SL who can't afford it..............Don't you??

263 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
263 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.86376953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
5m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
chapylad
7m
Rumours thread
FIL
8m
Championship Awards
Butcher
9m
Isa 1 year extension
exiled Warri
18m
Best Semi
Big lads mat
40m
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
43m
Squad 2025
Ilkley Fax
58m
Betting 2024
karetaker
60m
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
1m
Best Semi
Big lads mat
1m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Wire n Steel
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
1m
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
1m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
1m
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
2m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
just_browny
3m
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
4m
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad 2025
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
exiled Warri
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
terry silver
TODAY
Best Semi
Big lads mat
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Deeeekos
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Wire n Steel
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,335 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22