FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > RFL purchase Odsal!
402 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: TFC "Because we all know that is not the case, if people want to play devils advocate just to make a point then fine, but the rest of us will carry on living in the real world. Obviously this doesn't apply to yourself as you go on to mention...
'"
But you arent living in the real world, you have made up a situation just the same as FearTheVee did you both just approached from the opposite side.
You go on to mention season tickets...

Quote: TFC "For me this is not the point (even though the Bulls are skint despite selling a bucket load of cut price season tickets). It's the fact that the RFL by doing this have now got a financial investment in Odsal, and as such Bradford Bulls, they are no longer seen as impartial. How am I supposed to believe in the franchise system and the RFL (I had little faith before) when the RFL have done a deal to help a club (not just Bradford) and leave others to their own devices.'"
You're not, your trust and that of a fair amount of other fans was lost long ago. There is a large section of the RL fanbase who seem to be genuinely convinced the RFL are intent on destroying their club and the game. You can't reason with that level of paranoia and circular thinking, it would be a dereliction of duty for the RFL to not run the game completely ignoring it. The fact is, even if Bradford were playing in a stadium identical to Belle Vue, in almost every other meaningful measure they are a better run club than Wakefield (+ others).
Some people like to pretend that the stadium part of the criteria is a cop out for the RFL to simply choose the clubs they want, they have it backwards. The stadium part of the criteria allows failing clubs to hide behind the 'big shiny stadium' argument rather than addressing the fact that the clubs in poor stadiums, arent only failing because they are in poor stadiums.
Quote: TFC "I understand the RFL objectives very well, they want a high profile league for larger TV deals and better sponsorship, more money ect. However their methods in achieving these objectives are abrupt and unfair at times, especially to the bread and butter of professional sport, the supporters and the clubs on which the Northern Union was built upon.'"

The Northern Union was built on one principle and one principle only, to make money, thats what the RFL are looking to do, and lets be honest most of the bread and butter of the sport, the clubs and supporters benefit greatly, a few, a small minority, havent.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17946
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "But you arent living in the real world, you have made up a situation just the same as FearTheVee did you both just approached from the opposite side.
You go on to mention season tickets...

You're not, your trust and that of a fair amount of other fans was lost long ago. There is a large section of the RL fanbase who seem to be genuinely convinced the RFL are intent on destroying their club and the game. You can't reason with that level of paranoia and circular thinking, it would be a dereliction of duty for the RFL to not run the game completely ignoring it. The fact is, even if Bradford were playing in a stadium identical to Belle Vue, in almost every other meaningful measure they are a better run club than Wakefield (+ others).
Some people like to pretend that the stadium part of the criteria is a cop out for the RFL to simply choose the clubs they want, they have it backwards. The stadium part of the criteria allows failing clubs to hide behind the 'big shiny stadium' argument rather than addressing the fact that the clubs in poor stadiums, arent only failing because they are in poor stadiums.
The Northern Union was built on one principle and one principle only, to make money, thats what the RFL are looking to do, and lets be honest most of the bread and butter of the sport, the clubs and supporters benefit greatly, a few, a small minority, havent.'"

Without being too partisan, I need to take issue with "they are a better run club than Wakefield". With respect your talking a load of Bull.
Yes Wakefield have had their problems, some caused by inept management, some by circumstance and some by the beloved franchise system.
However the poor management is firmly in the past, with regard to the new stadium, the club could not possibly do any more than they are doing and the franchise system is beyond their control.
ST sales are well up, average crowds last season were well up (despite the uncertainty that was present for the vast majority of last term) and they are trying to accommodat the RFL criteria despite the fact that the stadium issue will hopefully be resolved within the next 3 moths.
Wakefield and Cas are in a quite unique situation, with most of the rugby world trying to force a merger "or else" and this is the doing of the franchise system.
At least Wakefield as a club have growth in every department (apart from our league position last year) and this element will improve this time around.
Altough I've read many books on the historical beginings of our game, I certainly haven't seen a mission statement stating "one principal of the Northern Union is to make money".
I think you've been reading too much Enid Blyton.
Yet again we come back to the franchise system, where new clubs have tried and failed, Paris, Gateshead, Crusaders, Harlequins (i know there still breathing, but a long way from successful) ant the heartland clubs have suffered.
Expansion is a great idea, but has been ill thought out.
The game was spreading slowly, but it is the RFL's insistance to keep "planting trees in the desert" that is harming the game.
We should have had a strong Cumbrian team by now, but the desire at the highest level is not there.
Clever people will know the reasons why, but mere mortals certainly dont.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7007.jpg
[quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="nickmanator":3hoggrzp]billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="robbierotten":3hoggrzp]Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Deano G":3hoggrzp]Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]Wellens[/quote:3hoggrzp]:7007.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "There is a large section of the RL fanbase who seem to be genuinely convinced the RFL are intent on destroying their club and the game. You can't reason with that level of paranoia.'"

It's ridiculously paranoid. icon_lol.gif

It really makes me laugh when people accuse the RFL of conspiracies against their club or in favour of a rival club. As if. These people are muppets, they simply don't have the level of competence required to organise even a very small conspiracy. The muddle they've got themselves in on this Bradford deal says it all. Evil geniuses they ain't! icon_lol.gif

They're so inept that if the RFL did set out to destroy the game, it would probably go from strength to strength!! icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5753
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Destroying my club, no, never really thought that but I do think the people running the RFL couldn't organise a up in a brewery.

TFC
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1763No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18399_1343936546.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18399.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "You're not, your trust and that of a fair amount of other fans was lost long ago. There is a large section of the RL fanbase who seem to be genuinely convinced the RFL are intent on destroying their club and the game. '"

As I don't have the time to pick apart the rest of your comment, I have highlighted the stupidest part.

I don't think the RFL are destroying the game, as I said before I understand their objectives but their methods are poor. The fact that the RFL would have happily handed the Crusaders a 3 year SL franchise ahead of Wakefield (and lets not pretend it would have been any other way) highlights how short sighted they are. The Crusaders were doomed to fail, when everyone said they were doomed (us 'flatcappers' icon_rolleyes.gif ) we got loads of stick from people like you.

Special dispensation has been handed out to many clubs in the past, and whilst I understand the reasoning behind these decisions I do not agree with the principle, if you think the RFL are fair and transparent in their dealings (like letting the Crusaders into SL in the first place) then fair enough Smokey. As for the RFL being competent as an organisation, that is another story altogether!

RankPostsTeam
International Star17946
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Anyway, back to the thread.
Now we've all had chance to "compare notes", Bailout or Investment ?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Seems to depend on whether you are a bitter Wakey fan, unable to get their head round the fact that their chairman sold THEIR stadium to developers, so it was lost to the club and the game, whereas ours sold OURS to the RFL.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14135No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10123_1554736671.jpg
"I've not come 'alfway round t'world fot watch us lose. And I've come halfway round t'world, an' av watched um lose":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10123.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Anyway, back to the thread.
Now we've all had chance to "compare notes", Bailout or Investment ?'"

Neither.

A piece of real estate has been sold. RFL happen to have bought it. No one would give a flying one if a venture capital firm, the local council or a rich individual had bought it.

And if they have the money, who cares who the buyer is, so long as everyone's all right?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.) It's Johnson!:18686.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "Seems to depend on whether you are a bitter Wakey fan, unable to get their head round the fact that their chairman sold THEIR stadium to developers, so it was lost to the club and the game, whereas ours sold OURS to the RFL.'"

Adey, whilst you have admirably endeavoured to explain the situation regarding the purchase of the lease, you are now reverting to comparisons that are irrelevant.

I don’t care the RFL has bought Bradford’s lease, I don’t care how much they’ve paid for it. Nor do I care why they’ve done it.

However, with regards to future licence’s, would you not agree that Bradford are now gold plated with the RFL as their masters?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Adey, whilst you have admirably endeavoured to explain the situation regarding the purchase of the lease, you are now reverting to comparisons that are irrelevant.

I don’t care the RFL has bought Bradford’s lease, I don’t care how much they’ve paid for it. Nor do I care why they’ve done it.

However, with regards to future licence’s, would you not agree that Bradford are now gold plated with the RFL as their masters?'"

No.

And the RFL are not our masters; just our landlord.

As you will probably hear from the terraces this year:

"Richard Lewis, he's OK...
he's OK, he's OK;
Richard Lewis, he's OK...
he's our landlord."

I would say that it would be highly embarrassing for the RFL if Odsal was to fail the stadium criteria; but it is highly unlikely that those criteria would have been set so that Bulls would not get a licence just because of the stadium anyway! Don' forget that Bulls were NOT one of the clubs warned about their stadium in the previous round, and they were not put on any particular warning this time. The stadium is stated as being in need of some improvement, but we start from already having over 6,000 seats and a large covered stand as well as extensive modern corporate facilities and large on-site car parks and other boxes ticked. Nothing said we were at serious risk on the stadium for next time round. Maybe the time AFTER that, I'll grant you. But a club with a B-grade licence (as we have) is should be OK next time round, all other things being equal anyway.

People seem to forget that there are loads of other criteria that are applied. If Bulls get the crowds, develop the players and perform OK on the park, (and don't go bust...) there is NO WAY they'd lose their licence, any more than any of the other SL clubs. If the Bulls fail at the first two and the last (they have conspicuously failed at the third in recent years) then they become very very vulnerable - and rightly so.

In such a situation, the worst case scenario is that the RFL surrender the long lease back to the council and maybe take a hit on the amount of the original payment that they have not recovered through rentals. But remember, the RFL have a charge on the Bulls' assets, which includes e.g. the (removable) Coral Stand, so you would expect that in any insolvency they could recover a fair bit even of that.

The way I see it, the RFL are taking an element of commercial risk that the Bulls may eventually not be in a position to pay the rent, in exchange for picking up a huge site with (despite what the naysayers would believe) very considerable future potential for the RFL.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

This does create the potential for a conflict of interests on the RFLs part when licence applications are considered. There's no denying that.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Potential, for sure. The actual - I think more could be done by the RFL to clarify for people why this will not actually be the case.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "Potential, for sure. The actual - I think more could be done by the RFL to clarify for people why this will not actually be the case.'"

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you. There are many criteria for licensing applications and the Bulls were, what, a B last time? I doubt they'd be in danger of not getting a licence any time soon.

It's the RFLs problem, not the Bulls, and it's the RFLs potential conflict, not the Bulls.

Besides, the grounds for licencing decisions are pretty clear so anyone with half a brain can determine and interpret the decisions and reach their own conclusions.

But I am sure the conspiracy theorists will use the potential conflict to cite favouritism.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: ROBINSON "Neither.

A piece of real estate has been sold. RFL happen to have bought it. No one would give a flying one if a venture capital firm, the local council or a rich individual had bought it.'"

Correct, they wouldn't, but since what actually happened was that the governing body a) bought it and b) issued a spin-tastic press statement in an attempt to pull the wool over our eyes, people do give a flying one, and rightly so.

There is an undoubted and irrefutable conflict of interest going forward in terms of licence decisions; to deny such is stupid. There is also yet more damage done to the trust and confidence of RL fans in the RFL; to deny that is stupid. Finally, I would imagine there are a number of SL Chairmen who are incensed by this decision, and that will damage the RFL's ability to administer the game going forward.

It's a mess, a self-inflicted and easily avoidable one, but a mess nonetheless.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7007.jpg
[quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="nickmanator":3hoggrzp]billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="robbierotten":3hoggrzp]Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Deano G":3hoggrzp]Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]Wellens[/quote:3hoggrzp]:7007.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "No.

And the RFL are not our masters; just our landlord.

As you will probably hear from the terraces this year

The conflict of interest is wider than simply in relation to whether the ground will be treated less harshly at license application time than other stadiums.

The RFL as landlord receive rent from Bradford and have an interest in continuing to receive that income, so it is not in the RFL's interest for Bradford's income to go down (as a result of a failure to win a license, for example). Will the RFL step in to bail them out should Bradford get in financial difficulties?

The RFL also have an interest in enhancing the value of their asset, which means that Bradford may benefit directly from investment by the RFL whereas the rest of the league will at best benefit indirectly through the increased asset value. We may well see for example the RFL doing a deal with Bradford to upgrade Odsal in return for a higher rental or a share of revenue.

Not a good situation for the game as a whole, good though it may be for Bradford in isolation.

402 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
402 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.10302734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh h pt 2
Pieman
Recent
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
Once were Lo
Recent
New Players
Deadcowboys1
Recent
Kicking Game
Wires71
Recent
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
FoxyRhino
Recent
Film game
karetaker
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
Irregular Ho
56s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
easyWire
1m
Arthur In
chapylad
1m
Dewsbury away
PopTart
1m
Ellis Lingard
Trojan Horse
2m
Is Lokie On His Way
Bigtimeleigh
3m
Warrington h
NickyKiss
5m
This weeks disciplinary
karetaker
5m
Lockie Lam
Blackandwhit
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Ellis Lingard
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Myler Ellis
Blackandwhit
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Borough Bonus
Old Man John
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Kicking Game
Wires71
TODAY
London Broncos Victorious Over Off-Colour Catalans Dragons
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squads - Warriors v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Lockie Lam
Blackandwhit
TODAY
Leigh h pt 2
Pieman
TODAY
Weve never had it so good
MjM
TODAY
Leigh Away
Chris71
TODAY
Dual Reg & Loans The Rules Explained
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Win the Mid Table Battle Over The Rhinos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Saints Back To Winning Ways With Big Win Over Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Hull KR Top of the League With Stunning Win Over Warrington
RLFANS News
TODAY
York at home
WT_Midlander
TODAY
cats
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Lord Tony Sm
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 2,826 80,09314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Thu 8th Aug
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
10:50
Souths
v
Melbourne
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
St.Helens
v
Salford
 Fri 9th Aug
09:00
Gold Coast
v
Cronulla
11:00
Parramatta
v
Penrith
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
17:30
LeedsW
v
WiganW
Huddersfield
v
Catalans
Hull KR
v
Castleford
       Championship 2024-R21
Wakefield
v
Sheffield
 Sat 10th Aug
06:00
Canberra
v
Manly
08:30
NQL Cowboys
v
Brisbane
10:35
St.George
v
Canterbury
12:00
St.HelensW
v
FeatherstoneW
       League One 2024-R19
13:00
Cornwall
v
Hunslet
14:00
BarrowW
v
Wire W
15:00
Leeds
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R21
18:00
Doncaster
v
Toulouse
 Sun 11th Aug
05:00
Dolphins
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Newcastle
v
Wests
12:00
York V
v
Hudds W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sun 4th Aug
SL 20 LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024 10 FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024 10 BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024 10 Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024 10 WiganW70-0Hudds W
L1 18 Keighley72-12Newcastle
L1 18 Oldham32-0Midlands
L1 18 Rochdale46-32Cornwall
L1 18 Workington24-28Crusaders
CH 20 Barrow24-24Bradford
CH 20 Dewsbury16-42Wakefield
CH 20 Featherstone24-16Batley
CH 20 Halifax38-18York
CH 20 Sheffield22-20Doncaster
CH 20 Whitehaven12-24Widnes
NRL 22 Penrith22-14Newcastle
NRL 22 Canterbury22-18Canberra
Sat 3rd Aug
SL 20 Hull FC6-46St.Helens
SL 20 Salford22-16Leeds
CH 20 Swinton4-48Toulouse
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Salford 20 377 382 -5 26
St.Helens 20 501 262 239 24
Catalans 20 376 286 90 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 18 626 222 404 34
Sheffield 18 510 303 207 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14