JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I can't wait to see all the Wakefield players jumping for kicks with their knees completely straight. Should be a great sight.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg
[img:35roalt8]http://www.wedding-wonderful.co.uk/img/back-low.jpg[/img:35roalt8]:7368.jpg

Quote: upthecats "I will check back on Monday on this thread to see all your screenshots of players with their knee over 5ft high in the air challenging for a ball then...'"

Ha ha ha.. give me til Tuesday mate there'll be a fair few of them. And what does 5ft in the air have to do with it? You just said that contact of the knee into the defender is enough to warrant a penalty. A lot of it rests on defending as bad as Millers of course.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg
[img:35roalt8]http://www.wedding-wonderful.co.uk/img/back-low.jpg[/img:35roalt8]:7368.jpg

Quote: Wigg'n "I can't wait to see all the Wakefield players jumping for kicks with their knees completely straight. Should be a great sight.'"

Ha ha ha. I know mate. Beanpole jumps from now on only.. and since the dawn of time Rugby League wise too apparently.
icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3629No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10466_1341959799.jpg
[img:34ro2ar1]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/upthecats.gif[/img:34ro2ar1]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10466.jpg

I can give you an easy one to start with...Tom Johnstone at home to Salford....about 4 and a half minutes into the sky highlights video....perfect example of how to outjump an opponent to score without having your leading knee at head height...

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg

Quote: upthecats "I can give you an easy one to start with...Tom Johnstone at home to Salford....about 4 and a half minutes into the sky highlights video....perfect example of how to outjump an opponent to score without having your leading knee at head height...'"

Oooh you should see the Denny Solomona try against Saints at the weekend!! Amazingly it was given (the try). Even though the saints player decided not to jump! He should have asked for a penalty. I'll stick the image up when I get a mo.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3629No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10466_1341959799.jpg
[img:34ro2ar1]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/upthecats.gif[/img:34ro2ar1]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10466.jpg

I saw it....maybe if Joe Cobb had seen it he may have given a penalty? That's one of the huge problems of the game....referee's interpret things differently...we see it week in week out both on the field and at the disciplinaries....similar things happening in games with different results.....from Cobb's position and how he was viewing the incident I can certainly see why he gave a penalty and think he was right to do so....

You could argue every week about a decision changing the course of a game....like the Ah Van tackle for instance....how can a tackle that results in a five game ban only receive a yellow card while the two red cards were less serious? If he had got that decision right and shown the red card the course of the game would have been different...

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg

Quote: upthecats "I saw it....maybe if Joe Cobb had seen it he may have given a penalty? That's one of the huge problems of the game....referee's interpret things differently...we see it week in week out both on the field and at the disciplinaries....similar things happening in games with different results.....from Cobb's position and how he was viewing the incident I can certainly see why he gave a penalty and think he was right to do so....

You could argue every week about a decision changing the course of a game....like the Ah Van tackle for instance....how can a tackle that results in a five game ban only receive a yellow card while the two red cards were less serious? If he had got that decision right and shown the red card the course of the game would have been different...'"

This type of challenge happens loads and is likely to happen every time an attacking player outjumps a defender running into the catch. Sure there's going to be variations. It depends on where the attacker has come from etc. But tries such as these are given all the time. They were when I was playing (scoring and on the receiving end) and I hope they are given for a long time to come.
Also you'll notice the referee in that game has got a game this weekend and Cobb doesn't. Looks like the Rfl are backing him on the sendings off (and I do for the Ah Van one.)
In terms of things that determine a game. Let's say Ah Van goes for a red. Moore could go too of course for running in and retaliating. But even if he stays on the pitch. There is still a lot of time to play in the game (60 mins?). You might win. We might steel ourselves and get the win. There's a lot of the game to be played and a lot of variables that can come into play at that point. When this no try thing happens Widnes should put themselves two tries up on Wakey with very very little of the game to play I.e. Far far fewer variables. It's an almost certain winning try. Surely you understand that? It's probability.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6734No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3738_1390436317.gif
The referee's indecision is final:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3738.gif

interesting that in the widnes v hull game earlier this season hull had similar claims for a try disallowed which would have put them 0 - 12 up. i know they later got mullered in that game but that could have affected the outcome. seems that what goes around eventually comes around

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg

Quote: the artist "interesting that in the widnes v hull game earlier this season hull had similar claims for a try disallowed which would have put them 0 - 12 up. i know they later got mullered in that game but that could have affected the outcome. seems that what goes around eventually comes around'"

Similar but not the same? I mean if you've got anything to show that the hull player wasn't impeding the Widnes player then it's obviously relevant. If I remember correctly that was a sky game and the decision was handed upstairs to be looked at. I think I remember the video ref overturning the on field ref who had awarded a try.
**just found it on YouTube. It's disallowed as Marsh is tackled in the air. The Hull player does not make any valid attempt to challenge for the ball and a second player tackles him in the air. So a bit different.

Just out of interest looking at the pics do you think Houston is impeding the Wakey player?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: Dr Chim Richalds "Oooh you should see the Denny Solomona try against Saints at the weekend!! Amazingly it was given (the try). Even though the saints player decided not to jump! He should have asked for a penalty. I'll stick the image up when I get a mo.'"

Yes, thought that was odd, Solomona jumped up onto the saints players hip to gain extra height and deflect the player in the process. The saints players were probably at fault for not making a strong enough appeal to check it out.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Judder Man "Yes, thought that was odd, Solomona jumped up onto the saints players hip to gain extra height and deflect the player in the process. The saints players were probably at fault for not making a strong enough appeal to check it out.'"

It's ok, he will eventually get over losing the game and unless we go for the unprecedented action of scrubbing the result and giving Widnes the 2 points, the result stands.
And, as for the fact that "had the try stood, Widnes would have won, we will never know.
I checked the SL website and it still shows Wakefield as the winners of this game.

On a side note
If Sky start to highlight any contentious decisions, we'll have plenty to watch each week.
Regardless of the no try incident, Widnes should have closed the game out, especially when there was only one set to defend so, whether Betts wants to accept the fact (or not), they only have themselves to blame.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "It's ok, he will eventually get over losing the game and unless we go for the unprecedented action of scrubbing the result and giving Widnes the 2 points, the result stands.
And, as for the fact that "had the try stood, Widnes would have won, we will never know.
I checked the SL website and it still shows Wakefield as the winners of this game.

On a side note
If Sky start to highlight any contentious decisions, we'll have plenty to watch each week.
Regardless of the no try incident, Widnes should have closed the game out, especially when there was only one set to defend so, whether Betts wants to accept the fact (or not), they only have themselves to blame.'"

Little tip for you kidda..

Those contentious decision videos you're worried about that show tries given were the attacking player has out jumped the defender. They ain't contentious chicken. Them's real tries on a highlights reel.
Peace n Love.
I'll leave you now as I feel I've balanced up a very one sided thread. icon_thumb.gif It's been a real treat talking with you all.
See you all next time when you're bleating about a decision that's gone against you. I'll be sure to keep in touch.
Good luck with the rest of the season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Dr Chim Richalds "Little tip for you kidda..

Those contentious decision videos you're worried about that show tries given were the attacking player has out jumped the defender. They ain't contentious chicken. Them's real tries on a highlights reel.
Peace n Love.
I'll leave you now as I feel I've balanced up a very one sided thread.
I'm just glad that you're finally getting over it, we're still celebrating over here icon_biggrin.gifRUNK:

RankPostsTeam
International Star11894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

So you had (in your mind) a try or two dismissed, big deal eusa_boohoo.gif

Fact is you would've one that game (undeservedly) had Marsh not got himself sent to the bin.

It also doesn't explain the awful and disgusting comments from Widnes fans regarding Ashley Gibson.

So you had a few decisions against you, so did we.m

In the end, Widnes were just an embarrassment from head to toe last Friday.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5771
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Quote: Dr Chim Richalds "

Well in front? Really.. Cahill, Leuluai and O'Carroll are all behind the kicker. The one camera angle available on the night (it wasn't a sky game so only the club cameras are present) doesn't show Houston or Marsh in shot when the kick is put up so I'm amazed that Carney who only has access to this one camera angle is so certain? Or could he be doing what he's normally doing and that's a really bad Adrian Durham impression.
Also... Cobb doesn't signal for offside.. he signals for impeding in the air. So even Cobb wasn't aware of the offside?'"

I mentioned Carney because he doesn't have a dog in the fight and generally talks sense. He only spotted what a couple of mates did on the night that where there, take what you want out of that. You're No. 22 Whitley was the one in front and No.11 Naughton looked a step or two in front of the kicker as well.

As for Cobb not being aware, no he wasn't, so what. How many times do refs give tries then they're chalked off when the video ref sees them because a player's offside. The whole things is more a reply to you declaring 'If that is handed to the video ref then it's certainly given'. That's why I brought the off side's up because it would have been looked at if the video ref was there.

Anyway, time to move on.

51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.16259765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
3m
Rumours thread
PopTart
10m