JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Given he’s made a lot of money in cosmetics I think he knows a bit more about it than you or I.

What are the synonyms of Wolf that you are referring to that are so negative that retailers wouldn’t pick up the brand?

I would give the brand a try. I don’t see it as being that different from Bulldog which been a very successful male grooming brand.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think it's a clever idea latching on to clubs name, now whether the products will sell will be one down to the cost and two whether the products are of any quality otherwise it will be another on the shelf item.
Shame the club was so expensive and lacked quality.

Going to have to shift quite a lot to finance that club the way they spent but it doesn't take away from the fact they shouldn't of been allowed to enter our league.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: Donnyman "Livolsi - I[i own a brand that I believe will help monetise the league and the team. It's called Wolf Grooming, we're going to launch next year in the UK and this brand itself will help catapult it into a marketing machine.

“From my perspective, grooming brands are a sector of the marketplace that's worth a lot of money, a lot more than a Super League team would go for. I believe that by taking the brand itself, building a story around the guys, the players and injecting that into the core of what Super League is today, will help it succeed.”[/i

Anybody care to look up the synonyms for a "Wolf" and what that would say about men using "Wolf Grooming"?

Any seriously decent modern guy would not buy into such a brand. I doubt if any decent retailer would stock it. How can our game that supports and nurtures women's rugby league possibly support that?

Is this man just having a laugh. just like Argylle was with his "I'm skint" rubbish??'"

Obsessed, much?

Quote: Donnyman "
Going to have to shift quite a lot to finance that club the way they spent but it doesn't take away from the fact they shouldn't of been allowed to enter our league.'"

They got into Super League after winning games of rugby league in League 1 and the Championship;as per the stipulation agreed upon by the governing bodies.Why should they NOT have been allowed into Super League?

All this publicity and conversation about a club currently not in any league,fixtures or future certainty.Delighted Donnyman is so engrossed by it all.Wonder what thread is opened tomorrow...or later today?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Penny Move "Given he’s made a lot of money in cosmetics I think he knows a bit more about it than you or I.

What are the synonyms of Wolf that you are referring to that are so negative that retailers wouldn’t pick up the brand?

I would give the brand a try. I don’t see it as being that different from Bulldog which been a very successful male grooming brand.'"

Synonyms for wolf

Casanova, lecher, lothario, philanderer, womanizer...............

So do you think this brand will make enough money in a politically correct crowded market to effectively buy TWP their place back??

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: snowie "

I think it's a clever idea latching on to clubs name,

.'"

Yes if it's Warrington Wolves as wolves hunt together as a team

But your missus may not like you as a male individual dabbing on the "Wolf" Grooming like some aged Lothario icon_lol.gif

So do you think it's worth it having them back to get a dab of this stuff? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ornery Optimist "

Donnyman is so engrossed by it all.Wonder what thread is opened tomorrow...or later today?

'"

Troll grooming, you ought to buy some icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach593No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "Synonyms for wolf

Casanova, lecher, lothario, philanderer, womanizer...............

So do you think this brand will make enough money in a politically correct crowded market to effectively buy TWP their place back??'"

I can’t say that those words came to mind when I first heard about Wolf Grooming.

You obviously get female wolves so maybe there is an opportunity to have a “Wolf Grooming Woman” range for women who are into sport? You could market that using female rugby league players.

Do I think this brand will make enough money to buy TWP their place back? I don’t think that’s the reason he’s proposing to launch the brand. I think it’s clear he’ll have to put his hands into his own pocket, he just sees an opportunity to generate more revenue that’s hasn’t been tried before.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world:

Donnyman is the gift that keeps on giving lol

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: snowie "I think it's a clever idea latching on to clubs name, now whether the products will sell will be one down to the cost and two whether the products are of any quality otherwise it will be another on the shelf item.
Shame the club was so expensive and lacked quality.

Going to have to shift quite a lot to finance that club the way they spent but it doesn't take away from the fact they shouldn't of been allowed to enter our league.'"

It's not ''your'' league.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ad ... al-health/

20 years of building the game, junior development, plenty of publicity via magic weekend, new area for the game, player development systems, decent home ground, multi-£Million owner....

Just use the opportunity to actually expand the game..............
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ad ... al-health/

20 years of building the game, junior development, plenty of publicity via magic weekend, new area for the game, player development systems, decent home ground, multi-£Million owner....

Just use the opportunity to actually expand the game..............

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Penny Move "I can’t say that those words came to mind when I first heard about Wolf Grooming.

You obviously get female wolves so maybe there is an opportunity to have a “Wolf Grooming Woman” range for women who are into sport? You could market that using female rugby league players.

Do I think this brand will make enough money to buy TWP their place back? I don’t think that’s the reason he’s proposing to launch the brand. I think it’s clear he’ll have to put his hands into his own pocket, he just sees an opportunity to generate more revenue that’s hasn’t been tried before.'"

Don't even go there icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just read this.......

[i"Eric Perez, the founder of the Toronto Wolfpack said that aside from fielding a team in the RFL’s League 1 next year, the Aces would set up an academy for Canadians which would produce players for other clubs as well as the new franchise.

“By approving our relocation to Ottawa the RFL has shown a firm commitment to advancing rugby league in Canada. We hope to build a sustainable legacy of winning, and some shiny silverware to TD Place Stadium.“We’re starting in 2021, we’ll be in League 1 – just like the Toronto Wolfpack started in 2017 in League 1.....

“Our goal is to one day do what they did………….”[/i

How about that last bit for a quoute icon_surprised.gif

Anyway they are up to 16 imports now but I can't seem to find any news on this large RL academy he is setting up......... Anyone got any information? For the sake of factual and measured debate I think it's very important we don't lose sight of what these North American clubs promise, and compare that to what they deliver?

eusa_shhh.gif silent h

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: Donnyman "For the sake of factual and measured debate I think it's very important we don't lose sight of what these North American clubs promise, and compare that to what they deliver?

'"

What one overseas club has done is form and reach Super League in a 4 yrs timescale, which wasn't achieved by many clubs formed over 100 years ago and despite being situated along the M62, and having an opportunity to play players from the heartlands AND have press and television money for many of those years.

If only you didn't suffer from selective amnesia you would easily recall certain M62 clubs promising the governing body certain things to gain a Super League licence only to enter administration a number of weeks after gaining the licence.

You would also be able to recall certain club owners failing to pay the players.

You would also recollect the clubs you have slagged-off for not having academies.

Perhaps examining how there appears to be a ceiling on attendances for certain clubs along the M62 - despite success on the field - and limited opposition - and how the standard of play can get anywhere close to the NRL should occupy your mind instead of allowing your one-eyed xenephobia to be an obsession.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain979
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ornery Optimist "What one overseas club has done is form and reach Super League in a 4 yrs timescale, which wasn't achieved by many clubs formed over 100 years ago and despite being situated along the M62, and having an opportunity to play players from the heartlands AND have press and television money for many of those years.

If only you didn't suffer from selective amnesia you would easily recall certain M62 clubs promising the governing body certain things to gain a Super League licence only to enter administration a number of weeks after gaining the licence.

You would also be able to recall certain club owners failing to pay the players.

You would also recollect the clubs you have slagged-off for not having academies.

Perhaps examining how there appears to be a ceiling on attendances for certain clubs along the M62 - despite success on the field - and limited opposition - and how the standard of play can get anywhere close to the NRL should occupy your mind instead of allowing your one-eyed xenephobia to be an obsession.'"

I agree with most of what you say but your 4 yrs was because they had a lot more money then the other clubs in league 1 and the championship so if I had their money to buy who I want I could do the same and so could you

412 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
412 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.81103515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
0m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
1m