Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27476.gif
:CROWN: I am the hash browns of rlfans :CROWN::27476.gif

Quote: roofaldo2 "No. That's not what I said.

But the pair of you read whatever you want into anything as long as you can twist it to support your agendas.'"

Relying on marquee signings and quality players coming in doesn't make a sound financial plan - many years ago, I attended a forum with McManus who told us saints planned for either a quarter final challenge cup appearance, or one game in the playoffs, and that's all they allowed themselves to forecast when trying to budget. (Whether this is still true I have no idea, but the point of not relying on fair weather supporters stand).

Also, Bradford, like everyone else, had to play within the salary cap, so if they were unable to attract the calibre of player, then it is still the boards fault for what happened - as they were responsible ultimately for player recruitment.

Genuine question, if the marquee signings were the only reason for attendances, would producing talent instead of signing it also meant the attendances would of gone down? (Since an academy lad can hardly be called a marquee signing) or is it more to do with needing glory hunter supporters to bolster numbers?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68505_1605979550.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68505.jpg

Quote: Magic Superbeetle "Relying on marquee signings and quality players coming in doesn't make a sound financial plan - many years ago, I attended a forum with McManus who told us saints planned for either a quarter final challenge cup appearance, or one game in the playoffs, and that's all they allowed themselves to forecast when trying to budget. (Whether this is still true I have no idea, but the point of not relying on fair weather supporters stand).

Also, Bradford, like everyone else, had to play within the salary cap, so if they were unable to attract the calibre of player, then it is still the boards fault for what happened - as they were responsible ultimately for player recruitment.

Genuine question, if the marquee signings were the only reason for attendances, would producing talent instead of signing it also meant the attendances would of gone down? (Since an academy lad can hardly be called a marquee signing) or is it more to do with needing glory hunter supporters to bolster numbers?'"

The point about Orford being a marquee signing was not saying Bradford were relying on such a player to bring people to watch. It was more that he was on a bring chunk of wage and took up an overseas spot. Had he been honest with the club and asked for a release, Bradford could have used the money he was paid more profitably.

As for the stuff about McManus planning for Saints, Peter Hood when in charge was often quoted as saying the club's target was of a similar level.

And you say glory hunter supporters bolstering numbers like it's some how a bad thing. Man Utd, Real Madrid and other football clubs of their ilk have vast incomes from people who've never even been near their stadia. Given the financial situation of most of SL, how can you justify slating any fan who turns up and pays money into a club by referring to them as glory supporters?

As for producing talent, it's not the production that's as important as the retention.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: roofaldo2 "The point about Orford being a marquee signing was not saying Bradford were relying on such a player to bring people to watch. It was more that he was on a bring chunk of wage and took up an overseas spot. Had he been honest with the club and asked for a release, Bradford could have used the money he was paid more profitably.
.'"

Hang on, did Matt Orford get injured while a contracted Bulls player? ,did Matt Orford play for any other club while being a contracted Bulls player?

If the answers are, yes and no, then what did you expect him to do?

I genuinely dont know the answers

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: roofaldo2 "No. That's not what I said.

But the pair of you read whatever you want into anything as long as you can twist it to support your agendas.'"

1. Yes it is
2. What Agenda would that be?

I fail to see how questioning the continued financial malaise at the Bulls and the refusal to cut cloth accordingly is suiting any agenda. It is indicative of the precious nature of some fans of the Iconic Bulls that they refuse to answer a straight question and instead smear and muddy the waters.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: Starbug "Hang on, did Matt Orford get injured while a contracted Bulls player? ,did Matt Orford play for any other club while being a contracted Bulls player?

If the answers are, yes and no, then what did you expect him to do?
...'"

There were widespread rumours that he wasn't intending to return yet the Bulls obviously couldn't do anything about signing a replacement when the player himself said nothing to them about leaving and so far as the club was concerned therefore he'd be back.

We expected him to either honour the terms of the contract for which he had been and was drawing a big fookoff wage, as until early October 2010 he himself insisted he was going to do. Or if he was never coming back, as seemed to be common knowledge in various Australian quarters, the to have said so and then the Bulls would both have saved a shedload of money paid to him and had more time to be in the market for another marquee player.

It turned out that indeed he wasn't coming back and indeed he had got himself fixed up with another team in Aus. Which happened to be one of the two clubs he had been strongly linked with. Given the circumstances the Bulls felt they had no choice but to tear up his contract and take it on the chin. Canberra didn't even pay a cent by way of transfer fee even though Awford still had 2 years to run on his contract (although it was suggested that he agreed to give up "part" of the "money he was owed" by the Bulls.

It could, of course, I entirely accept, be a complete and utter coincidence that half of Australia seemed to think he was not coming back and was getting himself fixed up with another club, and just such a thing came to pass. On 7/10/2010 there were PA reports that "Canberra are known to be chasing his services" (and by early September 2010 if you looked at the Canberra forum they all thought it was already a done deal) but relying on what Awford was still telling them, the Bulls publicly fielded the rumours by stating
Quote: Starbug "Nothing has changed. When Matt went back home to have the operation he told us he was fully committed to the club and he is due back for training at the beginning of November. "He remains contracted to the club for another two years." '"

They could all have just made a lucky guess.

Ten days later, on 17/10/2010 the Bulls released a statementBulls chairman Peter Hood said

This clearly suggests that the reasons, while unknown to the club when they agreed to him returning to Aus, did exist at that time. It seems clear, too, that these reasons continued to exist on 7/10/2010, several months later, yet at which time Awford was still seemingly reassuring the Bulls that he was coming back and nothing had changed.

If - as we must accept - there were these confidential but "valid" reasons at the time he left the UK as to why he couldn't or wouldn't come back, I'd have expected him to maybe mention it to his employers. Wouldn't you? And that when he was having negotiations with Canberra he might have mentioned that too.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "snip'"

so one player is responsible for bringing the Iconic bulls to their knees?
d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10446
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23655_1294867330.png
For the latest Giants News on Twitter first: [url=http://www.twitter.com/GiantsRLFans:29oobw8d]Click Here Now![/url:29oobw8d] [url=http://www.Giantsrlfans.com/:29oobw8d]FREE STUFF[/url:29oobw8d] We're [color=#6E2233:29oobw8d]Claret[/color:29oobw8d] and [color=#FFBF00:29oobw8d]Gold[/color:29oobw8d]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23655.png

Have I missed something here? Orford left. Bulls were unable to recruit a suitable replacement? So did they save his 'substantial' salary the following year? If not, then who's fault was the recruitment/youth policy at the time? Surely it's sits with the Directors still?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

As I said, I wasnt really paying attention at the time, but from what has been posted this is how I understand it, the Bulls sign MO on a 3 year deal, he gets injured and requests to return home for an operation ( but secretly he doesnt fancy Yorkshire or the UK anymore ) , he takes the Bulls money for the year of his recuperation while looking for a deal back home

He gets a deal sorted and the Bulls and him agree a settlement

The Bulls end up having to pay an injured player for 12 months ish

Happy for anybody to alter these details

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Starbug "
Happy for anybody to alter these details'"

like inviting a vampire into your home that is...... d040.gif icon_eek.gif icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10446
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23655_1294867330.png
For the latest Giants News on Twitter first: [url=http://www.twitter.com/GiantsRLFans:29oobw8d]Click Here Now![/url:29oobw8d] [url=http://www.Giantsrlfans.com/:29oobw8d]FREE STUFF[/url:29oobw8d] We're [color=#6E2233:29oobw8d]Claret[/color:29oobw8d] and [color=#FFBF00:29oobw8d]Gold[/color:29oobw8d]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23655.png

He Bulls would have had to pay him anyway until he left.

Maybe he did them a favour by saving them an massive wedge of Salary or two years?

Please don't bite the children.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: bewareshadows "If Bradford had have opted for the dropping down the league system what do people think would have happened for the rest of SL?

Would we have brought say a Halifax or Featherstone up?

Would we have reduced the league numbers?

Would the result have impacted other clubs or would they have managed without Bradford?

I know that Bradford have never been big travellers to Saints, but the impact on other clubs closer to home may have been more significant!'"

What people also seem to forget is the time frame for Bradford going in to Admin. They did have problems, but nothing immediate until the problems with the bank caused a huge cash flow issue (as any one with half a brain will tell you Debt itself wont kill you, Cash is king) and Bradford went into administration from there. It may be an unwelcome fact for those simply looking to kick Bradford when they are down and have their usual bash at the RFL but Bradford went in to Administration on the 26th June. Their Ideas that Bradford could just get rid of all their players, or the RFL could have kicked them out, or replaced them are im afraid simply nonsense. We were 4 months in to a season.

By the time the next season had come around, Bradford had a new owner who could take them through the season (and before the RFL and Bradford Bashers want to jump on Omar Kahn, Bradford did get through the season with a better side and far better attendance than any of the clubs who could have replaced them. Christ Fev’s ground couldn’t even hold Bradfords average attendance last year) The mistakes made by Omar Kahn who seemed to have mistook the size of the job, were compounded by the disastrous decision to take some of their funding, and have left us in the position now. Where even with these financial issues, Bradford will still put out a better side, in front of more fans, than team in the lower leagues could hope to.

In their rush to see some kind of painful atonement from Bradford, where they want to see Bradford crucified to take away the sins of SL, certain people seem to have forgotten that Swapping Bradford and Fev or Halifax may very well have seen us with a bankrupt Bradford, and a Bankrupt fev/Halifax (especially considering how monumentally poor Halifax’s plan for SL was. Where a Bradford plan which clearly failed was independently judged not only massively better than Halifax’s, but where KPMG and the RFL felt the need to comment on how poor Halifax’s was)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: bewareshadows "I have already said what I was going to say about whether I believe they have been favoured or not and I don't think the lease is a factor in that.

I don't think Macmanus is very concerned about the 'away fans'.

As for the 10k average being enough to support a SL team, I think that is an over simplification.
Saints have hit over that figure for 2 years, but still not turned a profit yet.

I think the loss of Bradford to Macmanus is more about losing a large population base to the game, about losing an iconic team whether that be the Bulls or the Northern, about losing a large name and what that will mean to the sponsorship status of clubs.

Rightly or wrongly, you put a city like Bradford up against a town like Halifax or Featherstone and it's not as an attractive an prospect. But that's part of the madness of a system that's not based on competitive sport but running a cartel where the we look at licences which look at almost everything but on field performances.'"

There seems to be some sort of dissonance at work here, whereby people are wanting to castigate Bradford for putting on the field performance so high on their list, whilst also wanting to castigate the RFL for providing a system where they didn’t have to.

Its either one or the other really isn’t it. Either the on-field performance is the most important and deciding factor of everything Rugby League and the Bradford ‘business plan’ wasn’t only the right one but absolutely necessary, or Bradford should have pared back spending on players temporarily (and I would still argue it is a bit naïve to only look at one source of outgoings as the one to cut. Bradford could be closer to sustainable spending £1.4m on salaries than £1m because there is a correlation between the outgoings here and income) and the RFL should be praised for creating a system which gave them the time and space to do so.

It also interesting that people are looking to frame the RFL acceptance of Bradfords business plan as the RFL’s guarantee that it would definitely, definitely work. Obviously it was never such, but it does give some an invented stick to beat the RFL with. One of the problems with the licensing was that they picked the number and then the clubs. This left them picking the best 14 clubs. It is a perfectly reasonable assumption that Bradford were a better bet than either Fev or Fax. They were still a bet, and being a better bet than Fev or Fax does not make them a good bet. (there is also the matter of Bradfords licence being a B, which makes it somehow worse that they failed. Which ignores that the licences weren’t simply a business plan, but a whole heap of other stuff at which Bradford were clearly succeeding)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Wadski "He Bulls would have had to pay him anyway until he left.

Maybe he did them a favour by saving them an massive wedge of Salary or two years?

Please don't bite the children.'"

They would have had him though wouldn’t they.

We need to stop just thinking of players as a cost. They are our raw materials. They are what we create our product with.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: gutterfax "so one player is responsible for bringing the Iconic bulls to their knees?
A question was posed as to what one would expect Awford to do and I answered that question.

Your above question is d040.gif (or perhaps more likely your self-confessed trolling), since I neither said, suggested, hinted or thought any such thing, therefore you are a tad stupid to pose it.

However I respond to point out that in my opinion the Bulls did make one signing that ultimately did bring the club to its knees, one I. Harris - although tbf that was in no way his fault, on the contrary he was a great servant to the club. I do believe that if we hadn't signed Harris, though, things would have been very different.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif

Quote: Wadski "Have I missed something here? Orford left. Bulls were unable to recruit a suitable replacement? '"

As you must know, the question is facile, since who can ever know who may or may not have been recruitable / affordable from the early summer onwards had the Bulls been in the market same as everybody else? It does seem banal to state the options would have been much greater between July, August and September than how they stood as at 21st October, but maybe that truism didn't register with you.

Quote: Wadski "So did they save his 'substantial' salary the following year? '"

Another nonsensical question. It is not about saving salaries but spending them wisely and effectively. But maybe paying someone who it turns out has no intention of ever coming back to the UK their substantial salary, whilst the best of the available halfbacks are signed by competing clubs, is a good use of money in your book?

And no, the Bulls didn't save his substantial salary the following year either, as it happens. The actual figures were never released but all that was said was that Awford had agreed to forego "some of" his remaining contractual pay to sweeten the transfer, (as Canberra refused to pay a transfer fee) which means the Bulls still had to pay yet more money to him even if not the full contract amount. And even the reduced sum didn't represent any "saving" as clearly him being under contract for another 2 years, under any normal circumstances we should have had a decent sized transfer fee for someone who was touting himself around as a marquee halfback. As opposed to £0.

Quote: Wadski "If not, then who's fault was the recruitment/youth policy at the time? Surely it's sits with the Directors still? '"

Three nonsensical questions in one post. Well done.

First, how can a recruitment policy be "a fault"? icon_biggrin.gifOH:

Second, what has "youth" policy to do with it? Do you think Awford was an academy lad or something?

Finally, until Awford said he was out of here, there wasn't a quota spot free.

427 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
427 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.22900390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
31s
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
43s
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
48s
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
1m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
1m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
3m
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
4m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
4m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
4m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
BP1
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,682 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22